[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Guys, I agree with what @Gabi Bros said. No expectations! Hehe so that we won't get disappointed in the end.

I may be disappointed with Soo right now but I'm not gonna ship So with Yeonhwa. NEVER. That girl isn't any better.

Like how So is not giving up on Soo and how Soo is still holding on to Wook, I'm not going to give up on this drama either. If it ends bad then screw it, I'll suffer with Yo and Queen Yoo in hell.

I'm going to endure this for now. BUT

SOO BETTER REDEEM HERSELF AND GIVE SO LOTS OF TIGHT HUGS AND KISSES. MORE THAN THE TIMES HE DID TO HER AND MORE THAN THE TIMES SHE REJECTED HIM. SHE BETTER BE THE ONE TO INITIATE THE KISS AND THE ONE WHO'LL PROPOSE TO HIM NEXT TIME.

• Like 23

24 minutes ago, faeriealice said:

You're right about that, but there needs to be a balance. Right now the concern is that the writer is going to drag out fall out of WW x HS for too long and there will be too little time to appreciate the WS x HS development and love story. It should be fine if HS finally gets the closure she needs within the next episode, and officially breaks it off with WW. My guess we will need a week (two episodes) for a smooth and not too rushed transition before HS falls in love with WS. It's going to be extremely complicated and difficult to do however with all the chaos that is about to unfold that will likely take up a lot of the episodes' time.

@esma-div

Like Faeriealice said there needs to be balance. I think we would all feel better about the direction of the drama if Hae Soo's feelings were making more progress either in the development of HS's interest in WS or in her love of Wook declining. Either one would make the drama feel like it's moving forward but because there wasn't movement on either end this episode, the plot felt a bit stuck.

Last week when Wook turned his back on Hae Soo it felt like the defining end to their relationship. For me, the natural realistic thing would be for Hae Soo's feelings for Wook to change or decrease - even slightly after his betrayal. Maybe we will have to wait for subs to know for sure but from the recaps I've read it seems like that didn't happen. Hae Soo was still hopelessly in love with Wook, she wasn't the least bit angry or sad. That's frustrating from a viewer standpoint; feeling like we've took one step forward and two steps back.

My questions now is - if Wook can betray her and leave her for dead and Hae Soo still loves him how is the writer going to realistically break that love? If her feelings could survive that trauma, it seems like they should be able to survive just about anything. The writer has a tough road a head making a new convincing end to this relationship.

• Like 7

I dont get it when people insist on romance in WSxHS too fast and get bored without it in this drama. I would love it too, but I enjoy the story when wook slowly change his character, wang so with his charisma and gentleness, even other couple like WHxBaekAh, little prince and his wife, and HS emptiness. I think HS doesnt afraid of WS or reject him. And I think she doesnt love Wook anymore. She just pity her and their destiny. She just 'living' not feeling anything and just 'breathing'. She's too confused and tired about everything around her. I personally enjoy it actually, but not for long time please.. (sometimes we need that to see the good things) Haha.. just enjoy the show

• Like 10

but IU says before the broadcast that her character will be annoying and irritating for us :angry: ( and today was so annoying)

I a great shipper SoSoo  , and this episode make more that dissapoment  ,angry .... I can understand the HS feels but still  I want that So be happy ( with HS not YH)
This drama show us the real feels of a person , don´t wait that all will be like we want and HS can left her love for WW quickly .... this  is drama but not all is fantasy ,like SoSoo shipper I hope that the love line start tomorrow

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, jubiemon said:

Hello~ I'm new to this thread, but I've been lurking for a while. Thought I'd get out of my dormant state.

As much as I adore this drama, specifically Lee Junki, I cannot help but feel like the editing for the international version is seriously killing the plot and the characters. Here's a fuller discussion of what I mean in my blog post. (There will be spoilers about ep 12 in the blog.)

Yes, the int version cut off tge goodbye scene so suddenly and threw in the scene between wy ww and yh where yh is already wearing the ring. The person who did the editing for international version should be fired for such a blunder.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Which one is the tallest? I want to pick the great wall eventhough it's not so tall. There's no water under it so it it will reach the maximum pain. But we still need her in next eps so angels fall? 

I'll reserve the helicopter then. Have you prepared the wire or duck tape? 

Too expensive im gonna bring wasted ropes and sack, that's enough for her. 

Angeles fall will be too beautiful, what about just leave her in the middle of Amazon? At least one or two anaconda won't starving until the next week.

• Like 4

Okay Moon Lovers, I am here to bring calm to the angst of the Soo-So shippers.

Soo has a role to play. She is not from this time. We are talking about the year 942-943. She is from over a thousand years later. Her purpose right now is to make sure that So becomes king. Let's all accept and receive this. Jumping on the So- Yeon Hwa bandwagon is counterproductive. YH is the reason all of the mess from episode 11 occurred. She is manipulative and at times cruel, not to mention selfish. She is absolutely NOT what So needs. History tells us, they will likely get married, but as we know, marriages at that time were often very political. It still doesn't mean So and Soo can't have a love of their own.

Somehow, I feel like this story is going to somehow affect her present day life more than what is happening over there. So, hang in there chingus! :) 

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

This is our problem. Let's not expect anymore. Let's not expect that SoSoo will have a great romance, let's not expect that Hae Soo will change her personality. If we do that....we won't be disappointed. And we will be ok. :)

"This show isn't something that I can abandon."

--Rumasa (once said by my eternal prince, Wang So, The 4th)

*sigh*

*lying on the bed with eyes open*

*still heartbroken for So*

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, mamamya88 said:

Reading all these frustrating comments and recaps regarding this episode, i decided to hold from watching episode 12...i cant bear to watch hurtful WS and stupidy-naive HS and cowardy-nonsense WW...i am gonna wait for episode 13 and watch both of them sequelly......

good decision

if you watch episode 12, you will felt so tired.... like us. writernim drag WW & HS relationship too much in this drama. 12 episode????? left 8 episode. OMG. no idea what will happen in the next episode. But look like writernim still want show the true love story between WW & HS. if episode 13, still no progress between WS & HS, i will drop this drama soon. 

• Like 3

thanks for posting the longer version @hallyus, as I am watching international version...SBS added so much stuffs..and the talk between So and Yeonhwa making me falling more for So...now...I wanna know..I went wrong to make So that ruthless..it should be related to Soo..

19 minutes ago, hallyus said:

Currently re-watching the episode... okay so the international version cut the Wang Moo scene talking with Ji Mong. I can't understand what they're talking about tho. Hope someone catch this and share the translation in this thread. :lol:

Also the talk between Wang So and Yeonhwa is longer in SBS version. Wang So told Yeonhwa about him was being told the sign that he will be the king when he was a child, and that day was the day when he got his scar on his face (guess this is why Queen Yoo harmed So, because they know that Wang So will be the king, thus she made him as the hostage so that Taejo will stop his marriage). That time Wang So stopped thinking to be a king. After that we got the famous line from the 6mins trailer "Fate? I don't believe such petty things as fate", and he continued that he has something that he wants more (than he wants the throne). Yeonhwa, as quick as she is, got his point and asked him whether it is Hae Soo that he wants. I think Yeonhwa told him to avoid Hae Soo because something, and Wang So shut her by telling her that without So he will be something (lmfao correct me please!). Last, he said even from this conversation, it made him even more certain that he will be NOTHING WITHOUT HAE SOO. :bawling:

I'm not giving up the drama, my hope is only how both So and Soo love story will be beautifully made (since there are so much beautiful scenes: the mask and the boat) and how the writer will create Hae Soo's love towards So later is not because of she's afraid of him, but because she really does love him. It's okay if the ship sails late than expected, but hope there will be no forcing feelings anymore on Hae Soo. I would like her to feel the comfort beneath So, the warmth given by So. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, tamciakpo said:

Yes, the int version cut off tge goodbye scene so suddenly and threw in the scene between wy ww and yh where yh is already wearing the ring. The person who did the editing for international version should be fired for such a blunder.

Thanks for the clarification! Yeah . . . the editing for the international version this time is really . . . disappointing. There should also seriously be fade ins or fade outs or a different filming technique for flashbacks OR flash forwards.

Just a thought here but . . . I think the real issue is the fact that this drama is only 20 episodes and to condense the plot to only such number of eps really cuts back on the quality of the relationships and the character development for this drama. We're forced to accept that Soo will quickly move onto to So. In a sense, if her feelings for Wook weren't that strong, the viewers might see her as being superficial. There's really no way to solve this relationship building given the short 20 eps. The original Chinese drama was far longer, so there was time for viewers to accept that she fell for the 4th Prince slowly but surely. With 20 eps, there probably should have been less focus on the side characters for So x Soo to really become believable as a couple. 

Edited by jubiemon
additional comment
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

Guys, let's watch this drama till the end, will you? :) we have reached ep 12 tonight. Let's put our last faith for this writer by watching it till the last episode. Just bear with the development of haesoo's character and keep telling ourselves that our OTP ship will sail soon. 

Of course . I'm so hooked on this drama, it is why I feel this way. I dont stop to watch the next episodes, at the end I know that true love of HS is WS

:heart:

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I almost forget about chaeryung and the 9th prince lol. I'm fed up with all haesoo-wook scenes till I forget that we still have 1 more couple. Calm down, dear ;) let's watch this till the end and put our faith in Lee Jun Ki.

Yeah Chae Ryeong and the 9th prince Wang Won will still have a loveline right?? now that we were on Ep12 do we still have to wait for these last OTP to develop? i hope soo... 

seeing these pre-pics... they were paired up... seeing these two i do like there chemistry

tumblr_oehff6Q0yk1u2dd0eo1_540.jpg

• Like 10

LEE HI – MY LOVE (내 사랑) MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO OST

I always watched over you from afar
Because you seemed like my love

I thought you felt the same way
Although you were looking somewhere else

Like the wind, like the dust
I can’t catch you, I can’t see you

Remember love you
I love you
I believed it was love