[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, LoveSG said:

Bye bye! But the turning point may come at the next episode and you'll miss Hae Soo's moment of enlightenment. :glasses::glasses::glasses:

You feel like hating her today but in tomorrow's episode you'll like really proud you stuck with her to find her moment of clarity - the truth. Climax happens when things go down to the lowest level, like today. 

You're certainly more optimistic. I hope it turns out like that. :)... I Just can't accept anymore of the current track and certainly won't be able to handle any more disappointment. Safe to let go while there's few good memories left for me.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

Soo still rejects So because she's traumatized by everything that has happened : Lady Oh hanging for saving her, the killing committed by WangSo that HaeSoo saw in her vision of the future and she doesn't want to change history.  She knows she's not supposed to be there, she's from another century.  It's not only because Su can't forget her love for Wook, it's that and many other reasons.  And she also doesn't want So to be in danger or to be driven toward being the ruthless and brother-killer Gwangjo that she read in history book.

The kissing scene under the tree, the furtive kiss (we have forced kiss and now furtive kiss :wub:) between So and Soo.  Oh how I love that! WangSo being playful.  And he asked Soo how's your heartbreak? (if the subtitle by S One channel is correct).  Because he knows Soo is heartbroken by Wook action of leaving her in the rain when she was kneeling asking for the King's pardon for Lady Oh. WangSo knows HaeSoo's love for Wook.  He's so tender and understanding.

Wook on the other hand....:angry::angry: He pretend not to care for Soo in front of Jung.  Instead he came to visit her at night when nobody's around. And he still has the nerve to tell Soo, "Don't get ill, don't make me suffer more than I have already" WHAAAAATTT??? And Wook blaming So for what has happened to Soo, well you all have already comment about that a lot.  

And the King suspected that HaeSoo is from the future like JiMong. I wonder what he says to HaeSoo when he said, "I regard you as my daughter like Lady Oh did, so I'm going to tell you something..." And he had prepared WangSo to be king in the future, is it because JiMong told him or because the king has seen that WangSo has the talent to be king?   

Ah! don't forget YeonHwa suddenly asking WangSo to marry her for the pretense of "because as a woman I love you".  She did that only because she doesn't want to be that evil prince with eyeliner (is it Yo? I forget his name) woman just to seal the contract between her brother Wook and Yo/Evil Queen.  I'm worry that WangSo believe her words even only for a few minutes out of his desire to be loved :tears:

The scene between So and Soo during airing the laundry.  So touched her arms, felt her hand, I bet he's noticing how thin she has become and she's walking with a limp now.  The look of deep concern on So's face. And another refusal from HaeSoo. 

This episode made me cry! I can't wait for 13th ep. tomorrow :bawling:

@smitten1710 you voice up my tot! the tree kiss and the laundry scene capture my heart most:heart:

Come to think of that...Soo had constantly been scared...before she even overcome the vision of So been ruthless and kill everyone when he become king...Lady Oh died for Soo. The only one she can talk to, a mother figure to Soo, become the scapegoat and died because of her. How can one in the right mind still function normally...and after these 2 event...the king summoned her and asked her who she is...actually I believe we havent seen or hear what the king say to her, it stopped at his advise towards Soo as a daughter, and we been cut to the scene she walk out...(that is Sone version, not too sure about SBS), she had been dazed after that, she is even hearing the fighting(now we got future hearing instead of future vision) that make her even more scare...

If she need to come to her sense..either people stop scaring her...or she really got to take a very big courage to overcome that herself...that is my 2 cents of tot...

PS...after I replied one comment...I got 2 more additional pages to read...blame it to...I start writing essay as well >.<

• Like 13

I'm not into this thing about Wang Wook and Hae Soo, is tired and boring, even when there are other things happening we still stuck in something that has no end. What is the idea of the writer, develop the love between Wang So and Hae Soo in the last two episodes and in fast speed? I'm sorry but it seems that they have been stretched too much this matter when the K-version needed to resolve this in less episodes since the drama is only of 20. Is not that HS should love WS, you don't fall in love with snap of a finger, but is unbelivable that after so long she still tied to a man who has been a coward and who continue meddle in her life to ruining it more. With what happened today I would rather WS marry Yeon Hwa instead of still chasing HS, is true that YH has been evil but at least, in the incident of the poison she acted concerned about him. 

Unless the writer develops this part in a coherent way, I'll keep watching this situation with more critical eye. I know that they just follow the line of the novel, but I don't see how HS will put aside forever her feelings for Wang Wook. Is not that she has to fall in love with WS, but at least I want the character had a little more common sense.

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, honeyapricot said:

Is it just me or the relationship between Baek Ah and Woo Hee is so damn fast? I mean, they just met like few times and now he is willing to get stabbed for her??This drama is so trying to develop so many pairings, and beginning to be unconvincing T___T

Also, that scene between Eun and his wife (don't get me wrong, they are cute together) is so out of blue shown, and taking the screen time we need for development of main relationship who seems like do not move anywhere...

How many times So is rejected today? I cant even count!!! Why is Hae Soo so forgiving toward Wook but not toward So? I wonder how this will be redeemed in next episodes.

*disappointed here*

Yeah, I was like wondering if we had some missing scene on how Soo met Hee? As for the development of their relationship, I believe in that because one year had passed and we do not know what happened in between. That's not important enough to show. The timeskip happens for that reason maybe? but Eun's scene with his wife and father-in-law was just so hilarious! We still see Eun thinking of Soo but he looked guilty that he blurted out her name and his wife turned her back on him. He was so cute!

"Were you crying?" :grimace::grimace::grimace:

9 minutes ago, outofspace said:

Baek Ah, next time, please don't run in front of people holding pointy objects. :P

Well, the episode was a significant slowdown from the last episode, but at least things were set into place once again and I am amazed at the reveal they had with the king + Jimong. Personally, I still have no problems with how the OTP is developing. A lot of people have been trying to discredit Soo's feelings towards Wook, but honestly, she did love him to some extent. They never exactly did talk things out either, even though he did leave her, so I can't fault her for trying to hold onto the past, especially as things have turned out this way. Despite their brief talk by the river, it's not like Soo asked for a hug and kiss from Wook, or for him to do anything for her. She's no longer head over heels in love with him, but rather, it's a bittersweet moment of her looking at what's left between them.

Also, the way I see it, So does not "deserve" Soo's love just because he's done good things for her; I don't think that love is something that should be earned or given out as some kind of payment. You don't have to love someone just because of what they've done for you. Soo should give her love when she chooses to do so. She does have some feelings for So, I think that's pretty obvious at this point with all of the times her voice overs have mentioned how it's hard for her to turn away from him, but there are so many other things involved. She's suffering, grieving and alone. She's sad and frustrated, and yeah, in a way, taking it out on So, but I can definitely forgive her for that because everyone has those moments. Isn't that part of what makes her a good, flawed character? I feel like their relationship has grown so much, the foundations are definitely in place, but now is not the time or place for it; the feelings are there, but it's not yet the season for their love to grow into the kind of love that everyone wants to see. It needs time. It may be short according to some standards, but so far the journey has been nice to watch, and as long as their moments do end up passionate and meaningful, then I'll be happy with what I'm given. 

True. They slow down the pace of the drama today to prepare for the insane pace tomorrow, I guess. The moment of enlightenment falling unto Soo regarding Wook, the intense battle for the throne... romance takes a backseat but I don't expect the fast pace to continue for the remaining seven episodes. Most likely two then five to truly expand on the epic loveline bwteen SoHae. 

3 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Omo my couple !! and 13th prince got stab T.T Why must she stab the king? Sorry I didn't back read but I assume she has some bad blood with the King..

OMG I love this screenshot so much I gonna paste it outside.... 

Q0I9k2t.png Their expressions - both DAEBAK!!! My heart gets broken by the sword :bawling::bawling::bawling:

3 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

hhehe sorry to cut your post...if HS end up with Wook, then what will happen to my So??? he is indeed destined to be marrying YH ... I really need another glass of wine now....  54 I need to get away this headache because Hae Soo is really acting up today for So...

Ji Mong is really the man in goryeo that come from the future.He is the only person who has smartphone, why he is not lend it to HS so HS can do browsing and learn goryeo history perfectly befpre she is accusing So with murder....

Err.... sorrie but no wifi how to surf the net? :crazy::crazy:

• Like 10

WS realized his feelings for HS in ep 7! Ep 7 ya all !! 5 episodes earlier ! When the hell will HS realize it as well? On her death bed for example? When he marries YH ? When ? I've already been back stabbed by favorite dramas this year, don't make me hate you scarlet heart writer-nim, I remember IU saying that the love story between WS and HS has a slow development, but this is not slow, this is snail slow, get your act together for god's sake.

• Like 19

27 minutes ago, briseis said:

Moon Lovers - Quick (UNINTELLIGIBLE) thoughts after watching episode 12

First of all, I’M NOT OK!!! EVERYTHING HURTS AND NOTHING IS OK! I still haven’t even started to process what I’ve just witnessed. Each episode of this show is like a concentrated dose of pain and torment, which I consume against my better judgement and self-preservation instinct. 

It’s not even about BA because from the long preview it’s clear he will live. Show, I tried to be understanding and use logic, but seriously HAE SOO’S DELUSIONAL FIXATION WITH WOOK SHOULD HAVE ENDED 2 EPISODES AGO AND EVEN THEN IT WOULD BE ALMOST TOO LATE! She clearly has strong feelings for So, much more profound and deeper than her infatuation with Wook, but is denying them to the point of obnoxiousness. 

Something really needs to change BECAUSE AT THIS POINT SHE DOES NOT DESERVE WANG SO! HONESTLY, NO ONE DOES.

I beg to differ the last statement.

NO ONE deserves Wang So but US,Eclipses....hehehe

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I'M OFFICIALLY GIVING UP AND GOING BACK TO MY DREAM-DRAMA-LAND WHERE THE WHOLE EPISODE IS DEDICATED TO WS AND HS AND THERE ARE SCENES:

WHERE THEY GO TO THE MARKETS TOGETHER

&

MAKE SOAP TOGETHER

&

PLAY IN THE SNOW TOGETHER

&

GO ON BOAT RIDES

&

GO WATCH PLAYS AND DANCES ON THE STREETS

&

GO ON ROMANTIC HORSERIDES

&

PLAY HIDE & SEEK

&

LAY ON GRASS AND STARE AT THE STARES

AND.. AND... AND..
ANYONE GOT ANY DESIRES? 

I don't want all of that... I want to back dreaming of them at this scene with different feeling with more romance LOL  29

moonlovers2-00561.jpg

• Like 14

Okay, watching the raw (w/o understanding) makes me more sympathetic to Soo. I can see pretty clearly that she cares for So. Like a lot. That scene where he came to her after a year away and she was worried about him and the mask shows pretty clearly that she does have feelings for him. She worries about him, thinks about him. But for some reason, she's decided that he's better off forgetting about her. I can understand that being a barrier to their relationship.

What I can't stand is that it appears she has lingering feelings for Wook. I just can't understand that...

• Like 18

Hae Soo has needed time to make the adjustment in her thinking -- I don't think most of us would understand the level of violence or lack of civil/human rights that existed at the time.  Most of us would be shocked at the notion that we were "less" than someone else due to social rank.  How many of us have ever seen someone whipped or beaten in front of us (NOT including what is seen on TV)?  We don't expect to see someone killed in front of us - we don't expect to see violence of any sort and we certainly don't expect to see our government officials using violence against us.  We believe in equal rights, we believe in civil rights, we believe in human rights ... Hae Soo was no different when she entered the past.  

Hae Soo entered Goryeo with the belief that Wang So was a violent, murderous psychopath who killed his brothers in a cold blooded fashion to get the throne.  Events needed to change her thinking -- violence is a part of the times she is now in and that Wang So isn't a psychopath but rather a warrior in his environment who has to fight to survive.  

The stage is now set -- the King will have Hae Soo return as the head of Damiwon (we know this because one of the various previews shows Hae Soo wearing the same uniform as Lady Oh).  Hae Soo will help Taejo and then the Crown Prince when he becomes King for his short 2 yr reign.  Hae Soo may (or may not) remain in the palace when Wang Yo becomes King after the Crown Prince -- Hae Soo will be protected by Wang So because Wang Yo will need Wang So's help to stay King.  At some point, Hae Soo will realize that she had been judging Wang So by 21st century standards and will begin to accept him.

• Like 15

My heart is broken, because of this episode. And its not even what happened in the episode, but the fact that this episode is such a letdown. 

In the last episode, the action was ramping up, the main romance was about to begin, and the wretched 2nd romance was (finally) going to die out. This episode, everything took two steps backwards. Honestly, the first thing she said to a guy who turned his back on her at the time of her greatest need is "did you miss me?" and she said "leave with you? do you want me to die?" to the person who sheltered her in the rain. One of my guy friends who was watching commented "This girl is a prime example of why it is impossible to understand girls." 

Also, I'm not sure if its poor editing or poor subs, or just poor writing in general, I did not understand anything at all. What happened in the King's throne room? How did he know that she came from the future? What are his plans for her? 

Why does the 3rd prince need to kill the king? The man is already withering faster than a plucked flower, don't need to waste your effort finding an assassin?

Why did we cut to the 10th prince? Just to see a shampoo advertisement? There has been little progression in this relationship, and I'm losing patience. 

13th and Woo Hee are cute, but once again, it is difficult to understand. How did it come to him coaching her on the dance? Did he know that she was going to be dancing for the king? 

When did Hae Soo and Woo Hee meet??!?!

Of course, there were some brilliant parts:

1. Yeon Hwa turning the tables on Queen Yoo. I love it when richard simmons fight HAHHA

2. The confrontation between Wook and So was just brimming with tension and angst, wew

3. When So rejected Yeon Hwa, awwww yis take that, scum princess

All in all, a disappointing episode. Why does the show raise my expectations only to let me down so forcefully?

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Ok...chill ppl.I dont think BaekAh got stabbed.Even if he did,I don't think its very serious.Remember the scene in the preview last week?BaekAh was the only one without armour standing with the other princes.He'll be fine don't worry:)

No... i think he still got stabbed but she nursed him back to health. He was not wearing his armour in one of the scenes, so i think he was still recovering then. Then time may be passed when he finally wore military armour and sat on the horse, but if the stab scene turns out as a red herring, Ill be so disheartened. 

• Like 6

Hae Soo and Wook definitely deserved each other. They have to be the true OTP of this drama. An emotional true love story where the female lead has unconditional love and unrelenting understanding for her man even though he has abandoned and forsook her a few times. How 'touching'!

Wang So should just marry Yeon Hwa. She is intelligent (good trait for a queen) and is devoted to him (which I m sure she will be when he becomes King). 

• Like 14

One more thing, I cant believe they let last weeks EPIC ending scene (So shield Hae Soo in the rain, and she falls in his arm) be in VAIN just like that.. Because their relationship now seems like back to that very episode where She starts seeing those visions!! so wasting time, with only 8 episodes left..

How I wish it were to Wook Hae Soo said please forget me, but why to So? And instead she aksed "Do you miss me?" Is that even important when He clearly turned his back to you like TWO times already? That is when I feel what So did last episode becoming so wasteful.. T___T

Give me back those old good days where they are happily being friends without judgement and angst between them..

• Like 18

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

wook to 14th: you lead me there to show me that?

14th: its been a year. arent you going to do anything?

ww: she is a laundry maid

14th: i know everything. u loved her once.

wook: i cant die for her. our father sent her there. be careful what you do.

at night.

hs by the river.

wook came to see her. 

:tears::tears::tears:

sad piano music....

ww: your leg still hurts? jung said he sent medicine.

hs: i limp when i am near wtaer. am ok

ww: are you angry? do you hate me?

hs: i missed you.

:tears:

ww: i cannot promise anything thats why i cant visit. i am such a fool. i cant do anything for you.

hs: even then i still missed you. 

wook: oh's death irritated the king.....

hs: do you missed me? did you ever for once want to see me?

ww: every day, every moment.

hs smiled: then all is well. thats enuf.

ww: now, things will get better. when i have more power

hs: dun go too far for me, dun endanger yourself. i have seen enuf.

ww: pls dun get sick. dont make me feel worse 

then he turned and leave.

( I SWEAR I WANT TO THROW THE REMOTE INTO THE TV)

I do not care what WW says to her because he is a real coward , I blame her because she's real stupid girl. 

"Hae-soo aa .... you'are STUPID :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 20

As much as I enjoyed watching the sweet swoony moments between Hae-soo and Wang Wook, for the sake of the story their romance should have ended when Lady Hae passed away. Or at the very most, it should have been over and done last week, and closure for Soo this week. It doesn't make narrative sense for them to have her pine for him. However, the reverse is true because at this point we need a legitimate pressing reason for Wook to really want to fight for the throne apart from just wanting to protect his family.

I am trying very hard to understand why the writers are choosing to drag this storyline further, but I'm desperately running out of excuses. I can definitely understand Wook pining for Soo, but not vice versa. You'd think she'd have learnt by now. I would have been happier if the "I miss you" line from Soo was her attempt to be cruel, and more along the lines of "you made your bed, now you have to lie in it". But this? The pining? The waiting? I can't understand this. 

The 1 year time skip would have been perfect for closure + the setting sail of the Hae-soo/Wang So ship, and it's very unfortunate that the romance didn't pan out like I wanted it to. 

This aside, however, the rest of the story was on point today. I actually rather enjoyed the episode despite my frustrations with the romance. 

• Like 18