[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

The highlight of the 11th episode

moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-1

What's in store for episode 12?

"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" episode 12 promises some highly anticipated moments between Hae Soo (Lee Ji-eun) and Wang So (Lee Joon-gi). Fans must brace themselves for a romantic marriage proposal. Will Hae Soo accept it or not? Here are the detailed spoilers for the twelfth chapter of SBS series. Fans must brace themselves for an action-packed segment. "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" will see the death of King Taejo and a duel between Wang Wook and Wang So become the next king of Goryeo Dynasty. A promo video for "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" episode 13 opens with a shot wherein the palace decides to send Hae Soo away to a place from where cannot contact the two princes. Wang So witnesses Hae Soo being tortured but decides to stay away.  Meanwhile, Wang So pays Hae Soo a visit. The trailer features the highly anticipated proposal. Wang So declares his feelings for Hae Soo and asks her to marry him. Hae Soo accepts the proposal or not remains to be seen. However, the news is certainly going to agitate Wang Wook. The King is assassinated during a gathering in the palace leading to a deadly contest between Wang Wook and Wang So to become the next king.

Source: http://mstarsnews.musictimes.com/articles/114643/20161001/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-spoilers-wang-hae-soo-getting-married.htm

My 1.5 cents comments 

Let's just ignore the typo "episode 13 opens" ... what caught my attention is the last part where we all saw in the preview that WS will have some sort of a duel with WW.  In episode 9, we saw WW practicing archery and he missed the bullseye in the 1st 2 shots.  After "targeting" someone in mind as suggested by WY, he successfully shot the bullseye.  A few commented that he might have purposely done this, concealing his true ability from WY.  I think WW has always been careful when it comes to Evil Queen and WY. So, as I was marathoning the international version yesterday, it occurred to me that I missed out how he killed the hired assassin in the bamboo forest by throwing a dagger straight to the guy's forehead (episode 2).  BANG.  Later in episode 3, he comforted HS telling her to keep her room well lit to avoid nightmare (since she just witnessed how he killed a man) and revealed that he first killed a man when he was 11.  He killed the thief the same way he killed the assassin.  He said he doesn't feel bad.  He feels happy because he was able to protect his sister and his mother.  I was taken aback by his comment and thought that he may have an evil side that we didn't see. 

In episode 11, remember how he killed the court lady?  She was running away and he was able to kill her in a blink of an eye.  Perfect target. It hit the intended area, meant to kill on the spot.  It was rather dark right? He has to be someone skilled to do that.  Clearly, he fights as well as he reads and writes poems. I find it odd that no investigation was done considering a court lady was killed in midst of the hoo-haa with the poisoning incident.  I guess they didn't have enough time to dwell on that or WW or YH is just that good in dismissing evidence. 

WWCL_zpsbcyg1kax.png

Tiny yet deadly... WW pulled it out and walked away. :o

If WS were to underestimate WW during the duel, I dread to know the outcome.  However, I have faith in WS and he will prevail in the end. Can't wait for tonight and I hope the preview will indeed show all those scenes tonight and not delaying the "stolen kiss" moment till tomorrow.  We've waited too long for it :(

tumblr_oe88blzW7J1u8cpg4o3_500.gif

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

@cyriatan We have the same thoughts. I also do not consider him as a coward but I do admit that he gives out empty promises. Also when he turns his back on Hae Soo, he makes his choice already and he's going for the throne. For someone like Hae Soo, he's not someone that she should be with and put her love in him. I think both of them did like each other sincerely but the root of their love was not strong enough to endure when it comes to choosing between power vs. love. I think Wang Wook loves Hae Soo not because he loves her for who she is but because Lady Hae is gone and Hae Soo gives him the source of happiness in place of her and Hae Soo is just different from the other ladies that he met (just like someone mentioned previous - I can't remember who did). Hae Soo loves him because she thinks she can trust in him and he was the first to give out his hand to her. I also think that maybe he was the reminder of her boyfriend in the modern day and she thinks that she won't experience that betrayal feeling again. I do not think there was a mutual love but there was love but again, the love would not be strong enough to withstand such a sudden and painful situation as Lady Oh's sacrifice and the choice between power vs. love. I guess you can also call it infatuation like someone said previously. They were destined to meet and had good memories but the love wasn't strong and they are not destined to be until the end.

Hae Soo is slowly having feelings for Wang So without acknowledging it. She also blindly thinks that she is still liking Wang Wook but she just doesn't know her heart fully well because she's torn between both. And I agree that she needs closure. In the C-version, Ruoxi gets the closure and chooses to reciprocate 4th prince's feelings. So sooner or later, she'll move on. We just need to wait.

I think in episode 4, when Wang Wook went to save Hae Soo and Jung, it shows that he's willing to endure the hardships or even risks his life for her, only if it doesn't involve his family. But in episode 11, he has to choose. Not talking about his manipulative sister (Kang Han Na's acting is outstanding) but he cannot let his mother be involved. Like you said, he chose power and he will have to live with regrets like King Taejo and descends into the darkness. His only path now is to continue with it especially after seeing his mother kneeling down in front of Queen Yoo. To him, the path of power will give him what he wants.

But everyone will have different opinions and that is great for the discussion :). Some will pity him. Some will see him as a coward. Some will still like him. I don't think it matters because ultimately, the drama needs that so that the romance between Hae Soo and Wang So can sparkle (not sure if I use the right term). If I was Wang Wook, I will choose family like him and I will face the consequences of my decision but asking me to throw away my family, I know I can't do that.

I do think he's a coward but for not being straightforward and sharing even his struggle if he didn't know what to do. I think he's just confused, also somewhat "classist" to name it somehow. I feel he has the idea that being a prince comprises some responsabilities but also some expectations or certain "levels" one should adapt to. In this sense he said something like "there should be some place that needs me" while rain dropped in his hand. There's a place "I'm destined to" as I'm a prince. At the same time that kind of life is very tiring, so he's unsure and gets tired of his responsabilities as his mother pointed out and himself did (she mentioned to YH she didn't know how big of a burden he had, and he mentioned several times how people is always demanding things from him). Enters HS, and she does not operate under the same social expectations Goryeo-people do simply because she doesn't know them, that's hard to grasp just by reading history (something she didn't do frequently, he he he...). As you said that's fresh, and she becomes I think the excuse for WW to think that he may really be happy if he can forget about everything and just relax with her. But I think when you love someone, you share and question, WW and HS really never talked to each other about themselves. I think it's more of a platonic love, they fell for what each represented to the other going over the real person. I think one can really fall in love really hard this way, the problem is that the person you fall in love with does not exist. In this type of love you always adjust reality to your imagination and keep fantasizing. For WW, HS represents another type of life/happiness and for HS, WW represents security and purpose in a foreign land with not as much freedom. I think they felt sexual attraction but in reality never did any effort to know each other and share their burdens. I think he made empty promises...just as Hae Soo did, actually. I think you're very right that HS may have seen in WW the loyalty she expected from her cheating boyfriend, but I also think the way she was treated by her boyfriend and friend shows she's the type of person to idealize too much. Just as she does with WW. That's empty too, immature love, because in reality you could idealize anyone, since the real person does not matter at all. She does not know anything about WW, in reality, is that normal when you even really like someone? When I like someone even lightly I want to know more than anything his dreams, political opinions, well I even want to know what he thinks about onions and if he likes blue more than green, you know, how he thinks and who he is...I think their relationship was very well portrayed when she gave him the pillow, which she did because "Lady Hee said her he had a lot of worries". They just lied to each other blatantly. They never felt responsible for each other, not when things were easier...even less now. 

I love WS as a character, he's the hero of this romance story and in my dreams I wish I had a WS myself (same face, please, LOL). But in reality I would respect more a man like WW actually, even if he desires the throne and power I think he's more responsible. I know he's greedy, but I think he's not like Yoo, rather he thinks that the power journey it's worth the effort only if he gains the throne. He may not be your romantic hero who would impose love over everything...like WS, but I appreciate that; I would choose like him also, but I also like he ponders things more. Maybe I'm just old and unromantic :P I think his main struggle was his family, his cowardy and what I don't like was his using HS while in his confusion. He was trying to use her to prove himself of what he really wanted, if that makes any sense. As you said, HS does not need someone who uses her as a symbol, but someone who loves her. That just happens to be our very-handome WS :D 

I hope you're right, but I still fear the transition from actual-HS to in-love-HS. I think they dragged her fear and WW-infatuation too much, I don't know, maybe it's a lack of scenes showing at least her physical attraction (I know they were some, but maybe not explicit enough?) but I hope it's believable, since it's going to happen...my fear is how. 

Thank you for taking your time to reply to me and share with us your insights :) 

• Like 13

55 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

I'm curious. Does SK journalists, or MLSHR production crew, or someone important from SK entertainment people know about this Thread and our love for MLSHR?  Does LJG and the rest of the casts know how much we binge for this drama? 

I mean they have to know, even the rating is low in SK, the drama itself has a huge success internationaly. I'm very sure this thread is full of people from around the Globe. 

People in South east Asia talk about this drama a lot. Indonesian watch and talked about this drama. And in Malaysia and Singapore this drama is a number 1 rating! Vietnamese also watched it and like the drama. China's streaming site Youku has 1 billion (even more) viewers. Not to mention, people in Japan and Thailand. The two countries will airing the show. And i'm very sure, northern America (also) southern America also love and crazy about this drama. And in this thread, i saw someone posting from India, Russia, Germany, Ireland, and other countries, who loooooooove MLSHR. 

THAT MEANS this drama is very famous and already earn recognition from viewers. 

So, lets spread our positive virus about MLSHR. 

Happy Moonday, Chingudeul. 

i read articles saying just that. how MLSHR success internationally differ from the low reception in SK. SK journalist caters to SK audience who prefers other dramas in the same time slot. therefore i assume there would be more articles about the other dramas. but for sure the MLSHR international success didnt go un-notice in SK.

• Like 8

@cyriatan No worries. I totally get your point. :grin: And yes, I agree. I should have made my point clearer. I don't think he's a coward for choosing his family or his ambitions over love / Hae Soo but I agree with you that he is a coward when it comes to sharing the struggle with Hae Soo. That for sure is his cowardice. He fights by himself and it's not good.

The Goryeo era is not the 21st century and this is a drama. Back when it's Goryeo's time, the difference between life and death is a just a fine line. I think all the characters are victims of the system, of the structure back then. Each character is in a cage looking for a way to open the door to freedom, to fly high and spread their wings (living with their ideals). Baek Ah said that he wants to be free. Wang So chooses love but he will realizes that he needs to do something to protect his love - Hae Soo. Wang Wook chooses power and he will realize that he needs to follow power to find his freedom. Yeon Hwa wants to be like the god above the king to safeguard her life. Queen Yoo wants her son on the throne to safeguard that she is the ultimate winner (even if she doesn't get the King's heart). Court Lady Oh chooses to protect Hae Soo because that is her door to freedom after witnessing the man she loves fails her and she loses her baby. The King chooses to be the King and that is his freedom even if he has to throw all else away. And many more. I think I feel for all the characters regardless of their goodness or evilness. The degree of morality, love and beliefs are different for all of them.

All of them will pay for their decisions. If the writer is taking creative liberties and make Wang Wook the king, he will not know the true happiness since he lost Hae Soo. If it goes according to history and Wang So becomes the king, he will find it increasingly difficult to keep Hae Soo by his side at the end because she'll be hurting too much. If Yeon Hwa becomes the queen, her life is safe but she does not have the love of the man she loves and her brother may turn on her after knowing she betrays him. If Hae Soo chooses to marry the 14th princes according to the novel, she will have regrets also.

• Like 13

Hello, I believe the 8th prince and 4th prince love Hae Soo/Ruoxi equally, base on the Chinese version.
My apology that I have to use spoiler tags again. I'm afraid I might reveal major plots and spoil those who don't want to know ahead with the story.

Please, don't read anymore if you don't want to know what may or may not happen next.

Spoiler

Base on the Chinese version, I believe both 8th prince and 4th prince knew very well that 
in order to be able to protect Hae Soo/Ruoxi inside the palace, they have to control the throne. 
This the reason why they began plotting to push each other out of position for the throne.
Unfortunately, there is only one throne for the 2 princes, therefore, one of them will succeed and the other will end in a tragic fate.
To them, any one of the princes can have equal fighting chance to take over the throne.
They just didn't know that Hae Soo/Ruoxi already knew the out come of their destinies.
She just didn't know how it will happened. This is why Hae Soo/Ruoxi offered the 8th prince to leave the desire for the throne
and live a life of an ordinary prince with her for the rest of their days together. She wanted to save the 8th prince.
But this is not how life back in the old days work, especially, those who lived inside the palace.
She didn't realised that without the throne, the 8th prince will never had the real power to protect her.
Cause of this same reason that the 8th prince couldn't understand why Hae Soo/Ruoxi wanted him to give up figthing for the throne.
Hae Soo/Ruoxi came from a different timeline, and all the princes are from the distance past.
Some of their thoughs and feelings can not be easily understand between one another, because they came from different time era.
I don't think the 8th prince is a bad person. I believed the 8th prince had to do what he needed to do to protect his love interest.
It's just unfortunate that his destiny already written in stone.
This is a beautiful love novel. Thanks for reading my though and opinions.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, mabelialong said:

..It's nice to see wang so face in big flat tv... realise he got very beautiful lip esp in poison scene

There are angles where he looks like a girl especially with the long hair and the dress like costumes but i really think it is because he has feminine features. Oh, and that lips, i so agree, such beautiful lips on a man. :)

• Like 12

gawwdd. i have tons of works i have to do. my boss is waiting for a report asap. but i just cant help it. i keep checking soompi for new stills or spoilers.

so are we sure taejo's death will be in ep 12? it's just as much as i love the pace of the story, if possible i prefer soo back in the palace sooner rather then later. and that can only happen after taejo's death and CP became king.

what about how he die? i think the trailer was misleading, taejo died of a disease, not of murder

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

it's Moonday Hooray!

In this kiss, will WangSo ask for HS permission before kissing her? We know that he did kiss her here, so I can't wait to watch it.

Yes, i can't wait for this scene.. I also have thought maybe he's not only do one peck kiss when he pull out Hae Soo closer to him ^3^ i hope so... Prepare your heart chingu, it's Monday!! \^0^/

• Like 16

Reading and analyse....the goryeo history joseon make me feel it is very difficult and complex to live.their life...

HS might feel better dhe still Han jin ...live in moden era less complicated...

The writer who wrote.the story must have analysed among all the king , Gwangjong story quite interesting he marry someone he did not love.YH, then between 6 yrs before he reign must.be.something.interesting happen. Even.after he wed YH also only after six yrs he get the first son...and continue...other prince and princess

• Like 12

13 hours ago, chelseab said:

Haesoo: "why did you step on my favorite dress. This is a limited edition from milan, only one in the world. Handknitted by a renowned designer, you are a terrible bad guy. I hate you!" :bawling:

Wangso: "bbut I miss you, let's get married."

Haesoo: "get lost! You ruin my dress. %÷×+$#@! ₩¥"

This is why she reject his proposal. lol

The drama is heavy. Analysing it, too. And so this made up convo out of the pics is such a winner. :)

• Like 11

It makes me happy that there's a pic of Woohee with Soo, because it'll really help the flow of the drama for all of the characters to involved with each other already. Plus, Soo could use a new female friend. ^^; I also want the Baek Ah-Woohee romance to develop nicely, so I'm glad that it looks like Woohee will finally be getting fully integrated into everything. I don't want any more scenes of them just being randomly seen in this or that place. OTL

@dustdevil I'm liking your predictions! Thank you for your hard work. I'm pretty much in agreement with a lot of the things you've said. :D

• Like 12

@sooji28 yes, the korean community is aware that there are international forums but how much they read, I think is highly limited because generally native Korean ability to read English is limited. To them alphabets are as confusing as Hangeul to us. No intended offense to Koreans here, the fact is they are generally not required to read English to get about their daily life and work.

Also, there are users here who are proficient in Korean who are active on Korean forums, for eg the start of the dvd project for Scarlet heart is an example of how messages can communicated both ways.

Soompi has been around for a long time so veterans in the Korean industry do know about Soompi because fans here has always been vocal and make their voices heard in various ways to Korea.

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, freckledbelle said:

There are angles where he looks like a girl especially with the long hair and the dress like costumes but i really think it is because he has feminine features. Oh, and that lips, i so agree, such beautiful lips on a man. :)

Hi there.  I agree 300%.  His lips are so beautiful  Very feminine yet it goes will with the rest of his features.  He can easily pass as a girl if he wishes to do a gender bending role after this.  

• Like 24

@MoOnLoVeRz pointed out how YH did a superb acting in this series and I hope it's not too late to agree with her comments.  Was away for a couple of days and had to backtrack lots of pages just to keep up.  I think it's not easy to make your character truly evil and in this case YH and Evil Queen nailed it.  

This photo gets the usual "I hate you" proving that she managed to convince her with her acting.  

• Like 21