[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

7 hours ago, brielover said:

Could someone explain what they think was happening in one scene that's hard to understand?

In the last episode, the maid gives the poison to the other maid, telling her to make sure "that girl" meaning Su serves the tea.  Yeon Hwa is standing veiled in the background and says to the maid, "Don't tell the queen about this".

My understanding then was that she meant don't tell the queen about the poisoning, and Yeon Hwa was acting on her own with the poisoning.  I thought the meeting between Yeon Hwa and the Queen was most likely Yeon Hwa proposing a marriage between herself and So, and guaranteeing her family's support if So was to claim the throne, combining the two families.  Once the Queen agreed, at least outwardly, Yeon Hwa on her own set about poisoning the Crown Prince so that plan could come to fruition.

However, someone pointed out to me that they thought Yeon Hwa was not referring to the poisoning when she said, "Don't tell the queen about this" but to substituting Hae Su as the court lady serving the tea.  That meant that YH and the Queen were in on the poisoning together, but the Queen didn't know about Hae Su getting set up.  (And why would Yeon Hwa want to hide the set up from the Queen?  I'm sure it would just be an added bonus to her...)

What does everyone else think?  How did you interpret what was going on?

Knowledge is power, you don't want to give anything away to an enemy ally. YH's instigation against HS, is a gun on the table. If YH had been successful killing off HS in the plot, Queen knowing this, then it leaves YH with an open weakness in support of throne fight. Once Queen and YH would have a falling out, how quickly would it take for this info to reach Wook, in the worse possible moment? What about the other princes? They be aware of some surface jealousy but, not the amount of hate to want death. Wook knows now so it's keeping the others from ever knowing, which the truth will out someday.

• Like 9

.hi i'm a newbie. prev just a lurker and just signed up to thank all in the forum cos i dunno how i can get past each week to get to monday if i diny have this forum.

cried buckets at ep.11 esp the cave scene with hs and sanggong, at the part where sanggong says sth like she is ok, she protected sth she wanted to protect and now she must pay the price...if i remb correctly hs said these words to sanggong in the early parts when they first met where sanggong ask hs why did she cut her wrist to get the scar and avoid marrying the king...it felt like their relationship came full circle at tt point... 

but just so sad that the price sanggong had to pay was with her life...could so feel hs anguish after she heard those words repeated back to her....

playing sunhae im's song on repeat on yt...thks for the links!

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, junee22 said:

What re you trying to say?I'm still underage..need explanation dear *wink wink* not sure O reall wan to km Know though..see?I'm so naive *shy shy*

We're talking about 'dancing' here. Dancing on the top of desk with slow beat music and candle lights (since it's Goryeo). 

I'm a shy girl too but my wolf is calling to come out and play..

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

How many layers does Hanbok has? Well it doesn't matter because patience is my virtue. Just imagining him wishpering Goryeo style poetry in my ear while I'm doing it making me goosed bump. Wook has the kind of heavy breath than can make a girl short out of breath.. 

About the candle, he's a romantist. We can't have it any other way.. Beside, candles can make a good props specially the scented ones. 

My Wook, sitting there behind his desk with nothing but a book and a wicked smile. Damn. 

This picturing mode also available for

@MadraRua what my girl @dhia205 said is right. We're just talking about those no kinky stuff.. 

@Diana Blanche

@junee22 those bloods are really tough to clean up. Do have the patience?

@leekyuphii

2..3 the max? but why you the only one who did it? isn't he have to do exactly same thing to yo too my dear? while breathing and wishpering thos goryeo poem to your ears... accompanied with dozens candle which spread beautiful scent at your secret cave...

@junee22 she didn't tag it as "adult only" even under age innocent girl luke me can join too wkwkwk

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

2..3 the max? but why you the only one who did it? isn't he have to do exactly same thing to yo too my dear? while breathing and wishpering thos goryeo poem to your ears... accompanied with dozens candle which spread beautiful scent at your secret cave...

@junee22 she didn't tag it as "adult only" even under age innocent girl luke me can join too wkwkwk

Yeah he can do. Purposely Slow. Dyingly Gentle. Until he deive me insane.

That plus @junee22 got a better idea for the start up:

5 minutes ago, junee22 said:

@solelylurking in his reading room?Wook?wearing his black robes?with his dark killer eyes?then he took one step closer to you one at a time..and he cornered you...ohhhhhh..the villain!!!

While HS and Chae Ryung could made you some ginseng tea :P

#GodBlessGinsengTea

#GodBlessGinsengTeaAndExtract indeed.. 

How about BGMs???

I propose Dance For You by Beyonce for Wang So and Hailee Stainfeld Grey for Wook. 

I didn't know I'm starving 'till I tasted you, said Hailee. That can never be truer... 

I have no knowledge of you guys age there for I hold my self irresponsible for your actions. Haha

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Nicole Hilario said:

Is it weird that if you go to the Dramawiki page of SHR, almost all of the prince became kings later? Though it's not in Wikipedia? Can someone confirm? :blink:

I got obsessed with all of this the other night, and did some digging on the wiki pages for Taejo and this family tree of the Goryeo kings. This is my theory, based on the titles that they have listed, which I'll put in spoilers, even though it's real history.

Spoiler

14th Prince (Jung) has the title of Vice King Munwon, which seems like a title that he would have been given during Gwangjong's reign, implying that he had an important and elevated position.

8th Prince (Wook) is titled King Daejong and 13th Prince (Baek Ah) is titled King Ahnjong. If you look at the family tree, Wook's son becomes King, and later Baek-Ah's son and grandsons become Kings (and all of the Goryeo kings after that are descended from Baek Ah.) In the wiki articles on their descendants it says that they were "posthumously honored" with the titles after their sons become King, in order to reinforce their claim to the throne and as a sign of respect.

More examples of intermarriage when you sift through the family trees: Wook's son marries one of Gwangjong and Daemok's daughters and one of Wook's daughters marries Gwangjong and Daemok's son Gyeonjong. Another one of Wook's daughters marries Baek-Ah/Anjong and becomes the mother of King Hyeonjong (and the ancestress of the whole Goryeo dynasty.) Which indicates that after So became King Gwangjong, Wook's family was still in favor enough to be maintain these ties. 

• Like 18

Watched episode 11 and I'm finally on the same page as all you lovely people!

Really loved the Father-Son relationship between the King and MOO. The crown prince is such a genuinely good person!

The scene in the begining where SO and WOOK have their little scene alone was quite interessting. At that moment SO still trusts WOOK....I don't think he realized that WOOK is the person that HAE SOO loves. SO you are smart but sometimes..... XD

GOOSH that scene with WOOK and his sister... INCREDIBLE! Poor WOOK....people see him as a coward but I'm reluctant to agree.... He doesn't want to destroy or rather kill his own family but at the same time what LADY OH told him was true too....he will regret it his whole life!!! People like him learn the "game of thrones" only the hard way.....but still, he gets no credits for anything...hope HAE SOO will find out one day why he was such an a$$.... 

Now to LADY OH: THAT LADY GOSH!!! =::::::( non words for her because all I can do is sob and cry...
Her last conversation with the King was powerful....I realized that the King is kinda scared of the evil queen too... he needs the support of her powerful family.... 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, valsava said:

Ok guy's this is very interesting. I thought about this and the ending. Did Ji Mong have the cave sealed so she couldn't leave..? Who is the cave sealer. ? But don't you find it rather odd that is was sealed at that time and the time before it wasn't sealed when she encounter WS doing his ritual bath.. I've been thinking about this since I saw her and lady  Oh there appearntly the cave and the marriage will play apart in HS / HJ  being transpoted back to the future as HJ.. The cave the water the marriage all this will be a factor to the ending.. But I must ask a few of my insigtful friends what do they think of the cave being closed and how it's a factor in HS life in the palace.. I know the reopening wil be her pass back to the future.. Is the writer leaving this as and option for her to choose, What do you guy's think ? Is this the choice to live or die

I think the passage was closed to prevent WW from meeting HS secretly . I dont't know why I keep thinking it is his mom's doing to protect her son and cut off all ties with HS. It is also a symbolism a closure and that WW-HS relationship is over. As for HJ transportation to the future, my theory is that things will get really tough for HS and she won't manage to live any longer in the palace.  I guess it will be at another eclipse moment when HS will be attacked by someone, who tries to get ride of her. She won't die but she disappears in water and vanish forever.  I think that the eclipse played the major role for the transportation back to Goryeo and not only the the fact that she was in that bath/lake . I mean the two elements Water and Eclipse should synchronize so that HS will be able to turn back to 2016. That's all my imagination of course :D

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

From Dramabeans... I found this funny :lol::

• 212 dangi September 28th, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Hmmmm… lets see…..the episode was super… but it made me wonder…… SO- the woman you love is going to be hanged and yet you decided to put on your BB cream first, then go and save her… talk about priorities 

• 212.1 Vip September 28th, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Maybe he hasn’t wash his face for days… lol…

LOL ! i laugh hard :lol: yeah but somehow i agree with Vip comment. How can WS take a bath/wash his face while the girl he love will be hanged. The bath procedure back then is really complex remember the bath scene :phew: so he just change his clothes.

• Like 10

OMG!  I have always loved LJK and admired his acting skills but now, NOW, I think I am IN LOVE truly with LJK. His micro expressions just KILL me and I don't know what to do..... help... somebody???

This last episode was such a tear jerker. Love Lady Oh's scenes, she is so good and the story will be a bit less lustrous without her character.  I was wondering, where was the 10th prince when this all happened to OK? Why wasn't he there? Is he still mad at her? Didn't quite understand that, unless, again, it was editied out?

• Like 17

EP 11 make feel so sad , really i never cry, but this yesterday i cry so hard.. :bawling:

this episode made me realize that the love of Wook for haesoo isn't so big like looked.
 he broke his promise , i hope that haesoo can recover of this hard blow and fall in love with So quickly :wub:

I too have curiosity about the relation of Haesoo and Wook after this episode. 

• Like 10

Hello everyone, I just binge watched the whole drama till episode 11 and I'm loving it. 

I wonder... how are the ratings in Korea? It seems like this drama is making a lot more success outside of korea.. is it true? 

I just can't believe people are missing this gem :/ 

• Like 10