[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, skxz said:
Spoiler

Female Characters

This series has its fair share of strong female characters. First and foremost the ancient times were no easy place to live for a lady. Life as a woman meant being dominated and living under a man's rule. These characters however showcase through their will power whether be good or bad to stand their own ground.

1. Lady Oh to me is the strongest female character I have witnessed in this series so far. Despite all the hardship she has been put through she remained level headed till the very end. She watched as her lover left her for the throne and marry other women while she was left to serve him. She lost her only child because of one of his evil concubines yet she remained benevolent. She may have hated Queen Yoo for her actions but she knew very well where she stood. Till the end she was resolute and told Queen Yoo to live a long life while she will watch her become lonely in her afterlife. She asked her lover to end her life in order to save Soo whom she saw as her own child. Lady Oh was definitely courageous and an amazing character in this story. Although it was short lived she made her mark. 

2. Lady Hae although the physically weak and lacking like Lady Oh held great mental strength. She whole heartedly loved Wook even though he could not reciprocate back. Her sick and dying self watched as her own husband fell in love with her own cousin. Although this happened she held no grudges. She only ever wanted the best for him and told him to get a second wife. Till the very end she told Wook she loved him and even if he didn't tell her she knew where his heart lies. 

3. Yeon Hwa is young but very smart and conniving. She has ambitious goals but chooses to achieve them through a devious path. This is partially due to Wook's lack of ambition and strong mindset. She herself knows that she needs to stand up in order to survive in the palace. Although she is surrounded by brothers she is able to stand her ground. Although her goals are achieved through disagreeable methods she does this in order to protect her mother and her brother. She is resolute in her actions and has mentioned that she will do whatever it takes to protect her family even if the situation is not favourable to her. As much as I dislike her her character is quite interesting.

4. Hae Soo our female heroine of the series. Thrown back in time 1000 years back from where she is she has learnt to survive. Honestly if I were thrown back in time right now, forget it I'll die in 5 minutes. Although naive and kindhearted is very resilient. She has been demoted, tortured, held at knife point and yet she survives. She is a fighter and survivor. Although she did not poison the tea she gets tortured and endures it. And even after being released in her weak and injured state she kneels in front of the King's pagoda  for 2 days begging for Lady Oh to be pardoned. These events further highlight her fortitude and resilience and not only does she wish for her own survival but that of others.

Just wanted to dish out my thoughts on the many strong female characters. I know I missed some characters out but these are the four that really come to mind and that have showcased enough to really allow me to back up my claims. 

Honestly I'm just happy that the male to female ratio in this drama kinda balance out. It's just nice to see some strong female characters especially in a Saeguk. 

~SKXZ~

You missed the ultimate strong female character Queen Yoo, probably because you hate her :P, I do, but you must admit her existence drives the drama to its sad ending. Without her we would not have our adorable anti-hero or our political game of thrones. The scariest female antagonist in this drama.

• Like 11

...I still haven't recovered, so all I can say right now is that I can't wait to see Nam Joohyuk in military attire, and also, I'm just so incredibly curious about how Baek Ah's romance with Woohee will play out. Right now, I feel like it might be misleading editing that she killed the king, but if she did kill the king, well...I do wonder how that romance will even begin, haha, since they aren't anywhere close to being even friends at the moment. Anyone keen on sharing their theories? I have a couple of my own. :P

6O1d10U.gif

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 23

if anyone want to know why WS and HS will broke up even if they love each other...

this is strictly what i think merge with the novel....

Spoiler

HS will suffocate living in palace where everybody cannot be trusted not even WS not because he will betray her but he will lie to protect her.. if the writer follow the novel the first one is the miscarriage thing led to 4th killed her best friend in this version Chaeryung will likely be the one.. what WS will do is to protect her just like 4th in BBJX but the method is kinda wrong and their love is more and more obsess? HS can't live like that cause she someone who value life and relationship even if that person betray her.. HS mind is all about people and WS mind is all about her.. it will clash and slowly tear them apart.. about how HS will end up being 14th wife i don't know.. maybe WW will tell their relationship to make WS angry and split with her just like BBJX...

but their separation is the worse.. yes their relationship when they together is bad but when they apart is just miserable.. i hate that eps so much... how much Ruoxi suffer and how much 4th suffer to the end...

i hope WS and HS have a better story in the end.. the do not deserve an ending like that.......

• Like 24

1 minute ago, outofspace said:

...I still haven't recovered, so all I can say right now is that I can't wait to see Nam Joohyuk in military attire, and also, I'm just so incredibly curious about how Baek Ah's romance with Woohee will play out. Right now, I feel like it might be misleading editing that she killed the king, but if she did kill the king, well...I do wonder how that romance will even begin, haha, since they aren't anywhere close to being even friends at the moment. Anyone keen on sharing their theories? I have a couple of my own. :P

6O1d10U.gif

:wub::wub::wub:

Maybe that's only a premonition of Ji Mong and that's why he warns the king to not go that meeting or ceremony. Or, the king wears armour under the layers of robes, so he doesn't die.

• Like 4

@valsava

I cannot recall quite specifically...but i think the passage in the cave was blocked so that WW and HS can no longer meet there...though not so sure on this...

But yeah that passage and...water might hold the key on how HS will be transported back to her time....

• Like 11

2 hours ago, blue003 said:

Wonder how they are going to show how HS and WS breaks up... It would need a very horrible incident to take place...

Yes Chinggus.... remember ultimately it's a bad ending in C-version.... Unless K-version is going to invoke their creative license....{inner shakes the producer & writers shoulders wildly} ... and change the ending...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Am i the only one, who re-watch MLSHR from eps 1, and skip to So-Soo scenes???

Btw, love this fan-art cartoon. 

People will remember this EPIC SCENE!!! K-dramas will never be the same. K-dramas need to upgrade their romantic scene after this epic-So-Soo-Scene.

You're not the only one. I do that every day to ease the pain of waiting for the next episode! I might even need an edited version of only SoSoo scenes xDD

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

you know what? you have to be silent in the library.. that's general library regulation.

with wook, i prefer his reading room.. place where he write the poem.

table in that room looks so strong, i bet it's made from solid wood. but of course to know how strong it is he need to "test" it by him self :phew:

I can be silence.. Challenge is excepted. Eventhough it would be hard because of his dark heavy eyes. I like 'Cold Wook' better than the 'Warm Wook'. We'll be testing every move that was ever written in the world. Haha.. 

For clothes, I like him with the dark green dress he'll be wearing or his dark purple. But I like with clothes on eventhough it will take time to off it from him. But that's the challange. The real Wook takes time to be understand too. 

But testing the table is not a bad idea. I want to test the bath hole too..

• Like 8

Anyone have the Eng Trans for this BTS it looks so funny 

the stylists didn't want to ruin Lee Joon Gi's face but he grabbed her hand full of dirt or whatever and smudged his face since she was hesitant LOL gotta admire his passion

Lee Joon Gi is such a dork LMFAO that scream xD 

his laugh is beautiful 

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, whyo said:

I agree with you, how sad :confounded:

He usually act like "Okay, now you are my responsibility, I 'll make you save"  "It is my responsible" "If only with me, it won't happen" sooooo many times.

As you said, he even do that to his younger sibling. That is why he always treat them like a child.

Maybe this is why he can't fulfill his promise? He has too much sense of responsibility or being forced to take the responsibility until he come to the point when he not aware what is the meaning of responsibility and how to being responsible? 

He blame another person when something not work as he wish. Just like he angry with WangSo about HaeSoo and  angry with YeonHwa about her involvement. He is being stuck in aftermath but he didn't even try to prevent the possibility of aftermath by ACTION.

Just a thought. I don't even know if what I said related. Hahaha :w00t:

@whyo  No actually it makes sence well to me it does, I think he still attach to the if she apart of my household I'm responsible for her but he still forgotten that she's no longer apart of his household and up for grabs from any of the princes, But is sense of loyalty to his wife thinks he must have her and own her it's like he's fulfilling his duties to her but also keeping the this so called love he's attach to.. TBh I don't think he understands what he's doing when it comes to her.. He claims he's the responsible person in charge of his family but yet he hides behind his family your are correct he don't understand the meaning of the word.. Being responsible is making Yh pay for the crime she committed like I said the King wouldn't have killed his own daughter and If he did the Queen will also have to drink poison and her clan punished..

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, ossy91 said:

Maybe she will be a special court lady . But he didn't mention her in history doc.. 

Like ruoxi ... 

Ruoxi was not mention in history because of her status, he couldn't give her a title because she was a servant and didn't come from a status family. Also remember, Ruoxi character and Hae Soo character are fiction character so they are not suppose to be in the history. the author/writers did that so it won't interfere in the history its basically time traveling to show the era and time period. So in order to not interfere in history, they came up with a character that sees what is happening in history with her own eyes. They both know they cannot change history like for Ruoxi she tries to change 8th prince fate but in the end he still wants the throne and when she warn him against 4th, it cause history to fall into place which in the end still end up with 4th as king. for Hae Soo it will be the same for her, she's there for a reason which is to help history fall into its place. Without her 4th probably didn't have courage to fight for the throne an later become king himself. so theses girls though aren't written in history, because they aren't suppose to be in history since they are fiction character written to show the side of history in a different view. 

So for Hae Soo, I think WS will marry YH because either he was force to marry her by his evil mother or HS beg him to save 8th prince family and the only way is to marry YH but he will keep HS next to him as his lover like what 4th did with Ruoxi. Even though her status is still a servant, every eunuch and maid and other servants know who she is and who she belongs to so they bow to her and take care of her. 

44 minutes ago, dzareth said:

P.s.: Am I the only one who thinks that IU's post-torture makeup is zombie-like? I hardly recognize her. It made her lips look thick... 

her make up they are aiming for dehydration and that they probably didn't feed her or gave her any water in order to deprive her in order for her to spill whose the mastermind behind it. They didn't want to make it too bloody but she's suppose to be torture for probably a few days. 

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@valsava @berny Yes Lady Oh ordered it to be closed when she found them together when Wook was asking Hae Soo to be his wife.

Thanks @ruizaio  So this still will mean she wil have to go back through that very same cave to travel back to the future, I'm trying to figure out will WS wedding to YH play a factor in this..

I'm loving the BTS keep them coming.. Glad they are having fun filming this drama

• Like 8