[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Thats the part that worries me as well, he is so blindly devoted to her and she doesnt really love him as much as she does care about him.  But if she falls in love with him and then something big splits them up it doesnt sit right to me all of this drama to get them together and something even bigger breaks them up?

Especially if this follows the ending of the other versions as well, i do like the chemistry with them and hope they change the ending.  But i guess like everyone else will have to wait and see.

• Like 18

31 minutes ago, berny said:

•  YH THE EVIL SISTER
This scheming witch is a Queen Yoo in the making.  And Wook is so weak to be intimidated by her threats and provocations. 
QUESTION though......WHY did Wook had to kill that lady servant??? that was really disturbing... he ruthlessly killed the woman in cold blood, a defenseless lady servant (which WS had never done - and he is depicted to be the cruel one huh? how ironic)

Wook killed the lady servant to protect Yeon Hwa. He wanted to take her as a witness at first, to free Hae Soo. Although yes they could just threatened her, assuming that the lady heard the whole conversation, which was too big of a secret for a servant lady to keep, killing her was the fastest way to eliminate the witness. Also, the servant lady was trying to escape, that's one more reason to kill her, I guess. It is an irony to Wook's character though. Someone here has pointed out this trait of Wook too at the forest scene where Hae Soo witness the group killing in earlier episodes; Wook didn't hesitate to kill the criminal who took Hae Soo hostage and not batting an eye, but Wang So, despite his harsh words and action, was actually trying to save both Hae Soo and the criminal.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

Maybe it is something small compared to how epic was this last episode but I was touched when Wang So came to see her in jail. He has not talked to her standing up. He sat down on the floor wanting to be closer to her. Like he would want to share with her the all the pain.

The part that got me was his parting words - "chansoori" (nagging). They were trying to keep the conversation light just like they used to. It was barely a whisper from So. That was all he could muster before tearing himself away from her. If he looked at her any longer, So might turn into a sobbing mess. 

• Like 18

19 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

Can you please tell m ? Is the singer for the ost played when lady Hae and lady Oh died is she the same singer who sang fox rain and fate ? Two very iconic Ost songs? I forgot the singer's name but her voice is just so unique and I want to confirm this. Thank you for answering m :) 

nope :) 

Fate (인연) & Fox Rain (여우비) are sung by Lee Sun Hee whilst the OST sung during Court Lady Oh's execution is sung by sun hae-im 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

He know...but the Yoo family is the strongest in Goryeo having them as the king enemy will backfire him at once. The second strong family is from Mo family but they now in trouble because the high tax case that make Mo position as CP in danger previously. The 3rd family is Yo marital family. Baek Ah family used to be the strongest his grandfather once is the King at Shilla dynasty (In this drama story) but since Shilla is collapsing they're now nothing, that's why Yo making fun of his family and So defend on him. The fourth maybe is Won marital family...then the general Park family.

Queen hwangbo family used to be strong but crazy eomma plotting to put the mistake on lady SG baby (the king baby with lady SG) on her, so Wook family once outcast from the palace and rise again even re enter the palace again when Wook marrying lady Hae.

That's if I'm not mistaken taken from my understanding of the drama...NOT the real history.

You mustn't exclude the Kang family, remember HS was told by Chae.. that the 4th prince has 2 powerful families behind him (Yoo and Kang). I have a feeling that later on he is going to bring the Kangs into the fight for the throne since in an earlier episode General Park had told him to go back to Shinzu and he can control that family now. It is a pity but I think scenes of what happened in Shinzu to cause the rumours of him slaughtering his family there were cut. Maybe they will use some flashbacks scenes if indeed he is going to use their army for the upcoming fight for the throne. It may be that is why he is back to wearing his mask and he disappears for a bit, gathering his forces. Just speculating here.

• Like 18

Omg that new

episode killed my heart (WOOK :((( ) what am

i suppose to do with you FML :tears:

im not ready for more heartbreak! WS was so

cool this episode omg! Seriously best episode for

me! My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time and the acting in this episode was superb. I was legit scared of WW!! Soo good!! I can't stop spazzing about this episode. 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

The part that got me was his parting words - "chansoori" (nagging). They were trying to keep the conversation light just like they used to be. It was barely a whisper from So. That was all he could muster before tearing himself away from her. 

LJK is so brilliant in this scene...

The raw emotions of WS here....it's like, it is taking all his will power to control his emotions - his worries, frustrations, anger, for what HS is going through.  You can see the struggle in his eyes, and voice...gosh he's tugging at my heart strings...i wanted to embrace them both in this scene. :tears:

• Like 20

5 hours ago, whyo said:

I mean... I know you are capable to argue and you are smart enough boy!! You can confront King when he ask about dethrone Mu and so did when you defend So after he kill all the monk. And you don't even have any courage to stand there for HaeSoo? Just to be there for her? come on boy!!

@whyo  Wook is a man with many faces from the beginning he was always talking a good and sweet nothings to HS but when it comes time to act on is words he cowardly walk away he always wanted to be the reasonable hero in her eyes.. I think he treated her just like he did the younger two princes whom he had forgot that has grown into man I think he still sees HS as the child that came into his hoime at a young age..Some where along the lines he sees her as a women but he never changed his mentality from the child.. Just as a lot of adults do make kids promises that they don't keep..

5 hours ago, wackeemarie said:

WANG SO: The guy just can't seem to get a break from life. Just before he met his Evil Queen of a mother, his father ordered him to go back to the 1 place he never wanted to be back. Then Evil Queen Yoo tied up his hands after knowing the poison plot for CP. Add to that HS being entangled in the poisoning scheme that he needed to drink almost an entire tea pot. On top of that, HS was the one pouring the poisoned tea  and Evil Queen Yoo could have smirked if she could while witnessing her son's attempt to thwart her plans again. But WS defying all odds makes him the character we all love. He always always works his way around, through at whatever life throws at him.

@wackeemarie  Evil Queen mother was trying to kill two birds with one stone.. She had forseen all possible outcomes of what could happen and how to act on each situation.Very cunning and calculating but I guess you have to be in her situation.. First off it was to blame WS for poisioning the CP because he wanted his position but that didn't work secondly blame HS for the poisioning if evil Queen couldn't get Ws killed for this then atleast hurt the one person thats close to him and he care about thinking killing Hs he would leave never to return or to be remembered but that didn't work so it's back to the drawing board for her to get rid of WS and marrying him off to YH is another form to hurt him.. That marriage will take place because HS isn't going to want to leave the palace she'll regret this decision..

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

ahahha... aigo even just imagination make you stuttering already?? from now on just let WW go Lol

hair? i love his hair down and ponytail, but i don't like it when he bight his hair.. looks too feminine and weird hehehe....

target lock, launched.. his word to do it with permission just an empty word, in goryeo era no need permission to hunting and that lips (along with the owner) just a perfect prey ahaha... 

ahaha... @Diana Blanche just like @solelylurking said  *caution for the weak at heart*

Good good good. 

Now before the 'party' starting we need to dress him nice, dark and sexy like theme. Which robe do you prefer?

For the fancy robe, I like the black when he met HS for the first time in the palace where she told him he look like a prince after all. Or the black and red dress. It makes him more manly. 

For not so fancy robe, I like him in that robe he wears when he chased the assasins in the wood. There's shabby chic to it. 

I prefer he holds swords or blades. We dont know if we might need properties or not *wink wink* B)

• Like 6

I loved Wang so's stoic expression and the dignified stance in contrast to Soo's emotional turmoil. He's not only shelter her from rain but he's extending the same compassion she has shown him through his trails and tribulations, he just does it in the only way he knows how with actions rather than empty platitudes like Wook. "I will shield you when you are unable, as you have done for me." I like how these can communicate with subtle, almost imperceptible looks and gestures and each one tells us something profound.  

This drama turns even the most pragmatic of people into hopeless romantics.l!

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

wang so proposed haesoo, will they get married so soon ? :wub:

I like this thought but it's too good to be true :bawling:

Hope this kversion will start to drift away from cversion. Please give us a happy ending. I will not be able to take it if WS will marry YH and if it will end like the Cversion where Rouxie died waiting for 4th prince. Nooooo dramagods don't do it! That will be a dumb move :bawling: We need the happy ending our ScarCouple deserves...

• Like 14

18 hours ago, ruizaio said:

@Adnana There was a rumor on Korean web that the director didn't even get to edit the first 10 episodes because they didn't have time before the Chinese review deadline (they were still filming hectically in July). Of course, it was posted by an anonymous person, so it can't be trusted. 

@ruizaio Wow. But if they were working for a Chinese deadline and still filming hectically in July--is it at all possible that they didn't film ALL the later scripts in their entirety? You know, like it somehow happens when production is really rushed during live-filming, when they leave out (considered to be non-essential) scenes from the script and just film enough scenes to fill up the required hour per episode (or less than an hour, & make up the difference with extended flashback sequences). I know this happened during the filming of "Faith", for example.

I mean, I was really excited thinking that, "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" being a pre-produced drama, they must have filmed everything that the writer planned, even if some of those scenes were cut from the aired episodes because they were limited to 1h of content per episode... But now I'm becoming suspicious (not a nice feeling to have). Why else would what was known as E11 to IU have become E12 in post-production?--if not that they used the early scripts to fill up more episodes (since that footage was already in the can), because they weren't able to film enough material to fill the later episodes as scripted and still make the Chinese deadline. If they shortchanged (and shortened) precisely the half of the drama that was supposed to be about the So-Soo romance--just by misfortune of it being the latter half--then I'll be seriously angry. I mean, I could seriously have done with less than 11 episodes of the Wook-Soo romance, which was doomed from the start anyway.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

wang so proposed haesoo, will they get married so soon ? :wub:

I have a small hope they'll get married and they can stay to true to history by having a fire or something else remove HS's name from the historical records. But, I also think HS is going to be scared of getting attached to anyone after Lady Oh's death and won't accept the proposal. =/

Spoiler

In the Chinese drama, the 4th prince removes Ruoxi's sister's marriage from the royal records because her sister didn't want be married to the 8th prince after death.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Any kind of suffering he goes through now, will be of his own making. If the writer is worth her salt, we will see that unfold. The lines have been drawn on the sand.

And he should suffer... he should have nightmares on a daily basis about how he let an innocent woman go to the gallows.

I'm coming round to the idea that Uk's greatest sin isn't cowardice as most are saying... but (to use a very old fashion word) covetousness... or greed.

Uk wants things... a lot of things... but especially respect so he doesn't like to get his hands dirty to get things he wants to. So he plays it safe and plays the waiting game and that allows him to look like the good guy and the peace maker, believing that good things come to those who wait. However, waiting indefinitely is no guarantee of success because life is very unpredictable even in Goryeo. His mode of operation seems to be reactive rather than proactive. That's why he has sleepless nights because he's good at worrying but doing anything until push comes to shove. He then becomes a victim of circumstances and then he plays what is now commonly called, "the victim card".

I don't like the way he moaned and groaned to Su when he proposed to her about his sad life before saying he needed a bit of relief from the trials of life and she was going to be the one to do that.

While I'm not a fan of Yeon Hwa's idea of proactiveness, at least she is doing what she thinks is right to protect her family's interests.

I don't feel particularly sympathetic towards his situation because it is really a culmination of bad choices that he made over time. What happened last night was how it all finally played out and the laws of the universe came to bite him in the rear end.

In some small way I feel that justice was done.

I concur with you, thinking back now at all the interactions between WW and HS, it looks more like a seduction rather than love, starting from the poem he wrote her while his wife was still alive. If he had any honorable intentions towards Soo he would have asked her to marry him when Lady Hae wanted him to or after she had died. Instead he just flirted and charmed her with words and really it was all about him and his needs. He never took time to know or understand her but expected her to just follow his lead. He wanted her but it wasn't love and the only reason he proposed to her was probably because he didn't want to lose to WS.  

YH knows her brother well and knows that underneath that mask he wears for everyone he is just as greedy for the crown as WY. She reminds him of that when he found out her part in the poisoning and I may be wrong but isn't that what he means when he said that they are debtors to each other? She to him for covering up her crime and he to her for reminding him and forcing him back on track to fight for the crown.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, syeramy said:

OK! I don't know if it just me or might happened to other people.

I admiring LJK since My Girl back in 2005. His character for me over shine LDW character and I like his chemistry better with LDH compared to LDW in that series. It's just that his face quite feminine to me that I found him interestingly beautiful. Thankfully, he aware of that and begin his martial art training which I found it useful because he taking up so many sageuk and boy! he knows what works for him. 

Ever since My Girl, I continuously watching his drama and love most of his works specifically Arang and the Magistrate and Joseon gunman. And every time I finished watching,  I have a strong post-withdrawal symptom from his drama and now I'm infected by it again. I need a cure. A.S.A.P

Ha Ha My @syeramy Your not the only one that suffers from the withdrawls of LJK only thing I could suggest for the cure is watch another one of his dramas because the symptoms don't go away..

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Any kind of suffering he goes through now, will be of his own making. If the writer is worth her salt, we will see that unfold. The lines have been drawn on the sand.

And he should suffer... he should have nightmares on a daily basis about how he let an innocent woman go to the gallows.

I'm coming round to the idea that Uk's greatest sin isn't cowardice as most are saying... but (to use a very old fashion word) covetousness... or greed.

Uk wants things... a lot of things... but especially respect so he doesn't like to get his hands dirty to get things he wants to. So he plays it safe and plays the waiting game and that allows him to look like the good guy and the peace maker, believing that good things come to those who wait. However, waiting indefinitely is no guarantee of success because life is very unpredictable even in Goryeo. His mode of operation seems to be reactive rather than proactive. That's why he has sleepless nights because he's good at worrying but doing anything until push comes to shove. He then becomes a victim of circumstances and then he plays what is now commonly called, "the victim card".

I don't like the way he moaned and groaned to Su when he proposed to her about his sad life before saying he needed a bit of relief from the trials of life and she was going to be the one to do that.

While I'm not a fan of Yeon Hwa's idea of proactiveness, at least she is doing what she thinks is right to protect her family's interests.

I don't feel particularly sympathetic towards his situation because it is really a culmination of bad choices that he made over time. What happened last night was how it all finally played out and the laws of the universe came to bite him in the rear end.

In some small way I feel that justice was done.

Good Call @40somethingahjumma  The coward not only played the safe card but he also used the kings love for Ldy Oh to save Hs what man will use a woman he learned to hide behind a womens skirt and still living this way either way he still killed and innocent women how could he sleep with himself at night knowing he killed his fathers love..  I agree with you I don't feel bad because he was the one that made all those bad decision with all his over thinking process..

4 hours ago, qwenli said:

@40somethingahjumma I really dun hate wook that much because to me he is a man of circumstances. He is not a villain. There are many people like him in real life, they live according to rules and expectations and responsibilities, never going  all the way out for the things they love. In some ways, they are consider good people.

His life in the end will be a tragedy, that is sad enuf.

Soo will be heartbroken and that is an unfortunate lesson for her to learn.

I am fully on So's camp but somehow I just can't bring myself to hate wook.  

@qwenli  I beg to differ WW is more of a villian the Yh and the queen what makes him a villian is his quiteness and not and lacking of using it as and excuse YH knows this and YH knows him better thats why she took the inititive to wake those instinct up which he was afraid to do he wanted to maintain that good boy image and thought thats all he needed to do to get the throne.. YH  saw in his eyes it should have been him standing on that platform when it rained thats how he felt but then he also look at HS eyes and saw a belief that it was the right person there, This is another reason he cowardly choose to give up fighting for the throne and mom agreed with him.. If your in the palace life and a prince you are a canidadte for the throne no if and  or buts about it. Why go all the until now and just give up he's a quitter and a loser with a capital L. Only to come back and join forces with someone else to afraid his good boy image will be runined..

. In one sense he wished that Yh and the queen plan succeeded so his circumstance has nothing to do with his poor choices..

• Like 10