[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Everyone, I think this might be the best 2016 Kdrama so far for me. Might be, we have to wait for the drama to end. Despite some hiccups, I predicted before the drama start based on  the storyline that it will be a major international hit. Don't mind the low domestic ratings. Hope it will pick up. 

Usually, I binge watch Kdramas once they ended, but made an exception for this one. It is not a good idea, like omg, so much feels in one drama and I have withdrawal after every episode especially starting from the second half of the drama. 

Edited by buryly
  • Like 20

i think its ironic...

when WS come to Songak he have nobody and there is HS who taking care of him....

and now HS all alone its WS turn to take care of her..... his word 'she someone i can't abandon'....

also i think king actually send WS to go somewhere else maybe to a war to make him forget about HS but seriously WS willing to die for her sending him away won't changed his love at all... 

• Like 22

Just now, hanatanada said:

good news, there are over 11000 upvotes on one article on tonights ep lol I think the ratings rose and a lot of people probably watched it online after watching other dramas on tv. As long as the rest of the eps are as good as this ep this drama is bound to do better.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=213&aid=0000911274

Omo!!! Soooo happy.. ^.^

I am satisfied with the International love that Moon Lovers is getting.

But somehow I want it to do well domestically, because the actors,actress & staff worked so hard. 

I want them to have the chance for the awards... I want Lee Joon Gi oppa to win an award.. he is so great! 

Even his veins can act. 

Get that love in Korea Moon Lovers.. 

• Like 20

@MadraRua Thanks once again for the roll call.

Appreciate the recappers/screencappers/screenshots taken and posted herr.  It's 2AM and I've caught up reading from 717 to 751. AND OST #8 on loop. Sad song. Feels like the ending song for MLSHR between HS and WS. 

Thanks everyone who've shared their thoughts and opinions on tonight's episode.

It was awful seeing WW turn his back on HS, if this was RL she could have died from that heartbreaking betrayal.

Will be updating my signature later. I'm no longer #TeamWaver. I understand Wook's worries but.. he doesn't deserve HS. Still wish WW happiness and I hope he doesn't end pitifully after all these. He seems like a victim of bad circumstances to me. It is so sad. 

Mornight Eclipses! 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, isengdoang said:

Hii i'm newbie..

Join soompi just because of MLSHR...

I just wondering..

HS is there for 2 days asking the king's forgiveness for lady oh... where's So those 2 days before the rain??? Is he going somewhere??? 

Btw... i'm still crying ... heart wreching episode!!!!

I guess he went to the market to buy the robe, searching the one big enough to shelter Soo from the rain.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

Man am so pissed with YH and the fact that nobody scolds AND punish her.

I think she will be never punished (the way she deserved)... not even by Wang So while being the King because of her status. :confused: 

EDIT: She is Queen Yoo # 2

• Like 14

9 hours ago, ruizaio said:

OK. I repent. Maybe it was true that only the first ten episodes were done in a rush and the later half will be good. At any rate... maybe we all need to do a volunteer-calling ritual for someone to step up to request a no-cut edition DVD/Blu-ray... DC fans will discuss again Wednesday night at 10 PM KST. Pray that someone will volunteer!

@ruizaio Who said that the first 10 episodes were rushed, while the rest would be better? And in what sense, rushed? Shoddy editing and inappropriate music scoring? And why would the first episodes have been rushed? I mean, even if they were hurrying to submit the drama to international broadcasters, they still would have had to rush and finish all the episodes, right?

Personally, my only real issue with this drama has always been the editing (i.e. how they decided which scenes to keep and which to cut, and how they strung those scenes together into the overall narrative). I was reserving judgement about the writing (though the Wang So character had my heart and soul from the first week the drama went on-air) but the last 2 episodes convinced me that the writer (even if allegedly inexperienced) knows what she's doing (possibly excepting the heroine). There are so many smart characters in this drama (Wang So, Yeon Hwa, and Queen Evil in particular)--and what a joy that we aren't just told they're smart (and supposed to believe it) but are actually shown in glorious technicolor. The scheming and counter-scheming in the palace is the real deal, people understand things even if they aren't explicitly spoken, and even individuals that choose not to act (like the King) have well-justified reasons.

In the acting department, Lee Jun-ki slays ALL. He so perfectly inhabits Wang So, in all his ferocious complexity, that he completely lights up the screen whenever he's on it. He elevates the acting of his weaker colleagues and has single-handedly raised this drama to obsession-level for me.

Now the directing... I tried to get used to the extreme close-ups (I'm definitely not a fan) and it was only during E10 that I finally ran out of patience (during the beach scene, the director kept showing just WS or just HS and I had no idea if they were looking at each other or towards the sea as they were talking to each other; I mean, why the heck couldn't the director have just kept both main characters in the same frame defies understanding). Sigh. Still, having compared with the International version, it does seem that the close-ups are a bit toned down in the Korea version, as is the musical scoring... so I can make my peace with the directing, too.

Which brings me full circle back to editing, the major bane of this drama's (and also my of current) existence. I hate that many scenes were cut & strung together so shoddily. Worst of all, so many So-centric scenes have ended up on the cutting room floor, I just know it, and that's just the dumbest thing ever and completely unforgivable.

So yeah, count me in for every ritual and prayer ceremony necessary for the eventual creation of a No-cut version of this drama on DVD/Bluray. As long as they put back every scene that existed in the script (and use the voiceovers from the Korea version), I'll be the biggest fan.

Maybe this will also mean that in the originally planned, no-cut version of the drama, Hae Soo and 8th Prince were supposed to break up (i.e. when he chooses his family over her) in E10 instead of 11, and E11 would have properly started the long-anticipated So-Soo romance (as IU hinted in her fan meeting, when expressing anticipation for E11 which then became E12).

• Like 16

1 hour ago, LoveSG said:

@akinahana89!!! Another IU drama to dissect and love! I watched this drama at first because of her but now I find many other reasons to watch SHR! Nam Joo Hyuk, for one, and Lee Jun Ki for another! But I am interested in Kang Ha Nuel too XDD This drama has too many handsome faces not to attract me! But of course the story also attracted me. I watched the original Chinese version and SHR comes across very well too!

Wow! Annyeong @LoveSG! How long has it been since we were last in the same thread? Haha. IU and Lee Joon Gi were equal parts the main reason I started watching and was anticipating this drama. This being an adaptation of Bu Bu Jing Xin was the second reason. Nam Joo Hyuk was the third reason. lol. Kang Ha Neul was someone I only knew from Angel Eyes, but I'm very annoyed with looking at him as Wook right now. LOL.

It's great to see you here, by the way! ^^

20 pages since the last time I checked the thread. Completely expected given there was an awesome and intense episode today, so I'll be slowly making my way through the pages and catching up.

Opinion question for fellow Eclipses: We know Yeon Hwa hates the Heo clan in general, even though they are the reason why her family was able to return from exile. Yeon Hwa hated Myung Hee even though she was only gentle and king to everyone. She hated Hae Soo before just because of who she was. She hates Hae Soo even more now because Wang So came to her defense and called her "his." The hatred strengthened now that Wook is willing to give up the fight for the throne to live a quiet, happy life with Hae Soo as his new wife.

If Hae Soo HAD to end up with either Wook or So and Yeon Hwa was able to control who Hae Soo ends up with, who do you think Yeon Hwa will "allow" Hae Soo to be with? Would it be Wook, even if it means he'll give up the throne and Hae Soo will be her sister-in-law? Or would it be So, the only man she seems to have a little bit of feelings for? Why?

• Like 7

finished watching the episode and finally! Finally an emotional and tearjerker episode<333 i was so waiting for this ;___; esp if its period drama it must be like this! I can never forget the feelings i felt for this episode even when drama ends!

• Like 8

The way how lady Oh embraced HS as her daughter and saved her life was heartbreaking. She finally gives WW gives a piece of her mind and tells him, you didn't save her and this you will regret to the end. They say that you have to listen to wise elders. Like how an earlier member pointed out, WW is sinking even more deeper in his dark side. A major flaw for such people is to blame everyone else except themselves. The sad part is they hardly realize the mistake that they are making are leading them to worser situation.

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Wow! Annyeong @LoveSG! How long has it been since we were last in the same thread? Haha. IU and Lee Joon Gi were equal parts the main reason I started watching and was anticipating this drama. This being an adaptation of Bu Bu Jing Xin was the second reason. Nam Joo Hyuk was the third reason. lol. Kang Ha Neul was someone I only knew from Angel Eyes, but I'm very annoyed with looking at him as Wook right now. LOL.

It's great to see you here, by the way! ^^

20 pages since the last time I checked the thread. Completely expected given there was an awesome and intense episode today, so I'll be slowly making my way through the pages and catching up.

Opinion question for fellow Eclipses: We know Yeon Hwa hates the Heo clan in general, even though they are the reason why her family was able to return from exile. Yeon Hwa hated Myung Hee even though she was only gentle and king to everyone. She hated Hae Soo before just because of who she was. She hates Hae Soo even more now because Wang So came to her defense and called her "his." The hatred strengthened now that Wook is willing to give up the fight for the throne to live a quiet, happy life with Hae Soo as his new wife.

If Hae Soo HAD to end up with either Wook or So and Yeon Hwa was able to control who Hae Soo ends up with, who do you think Yeon Hwa will "allow" Hae Soo to be with? Would it be Wook, even if it means he'll give up the throne and Hae Soo will be her sister-in-law? Or would it be So, the only man she seems to have a little bit of feelings for? Why?

I think it will be Wang Wook. Yeon Hwa's intention has surfaced, she wants to rise above the king so it's quite likely that she would use Wang So to gain that power.

• Like 5