[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

CHINGUS, so much in thread, I really can't keeo up to it

week after 09 I actually calmed myself and came up to my mind with few thoughts.

1. I totally fall after screening MLSHR, with beautiful picture, close plans of actor's faces, with EVERY CHARACTER BEING THE KID OF IT'S CENTURY

2. I do NOT see this drama as sogeak (or how it's written), it doesen't seem to be stereotyping enough, and has it's own genre. All critics said for it to break sogeak standarts I ignore as total misunderstanding of this drama

2. This is one of few dramas giving it's characters non-flat living human features, so I can't judge anyone of them, but only can give my feelings, sympathy, emotions - to me it  is the sign of good film/book/cartoon/picture

So, that's why I came to this:

during first demasking and makeup scene WS (and his robe was korean-for-wedding red too) gave HS husband's oath

seriously, what is it "I am yours", if the Man is saying it that time? a confession of love, an oath.

he is the kid of it's century, he said very important thing, but which couldn't be understood by HS and us here too, as we are modern people

HS missed this, but for WS now this words mean connection for lifetime and destiny. he acts due to this

after his words he speaks to HS more free and informal, calling her name, he is warm and tender towards her

and the last scene of 09 isn't romantic or brutal, it is no typical at all, but very HUMAN, mixed, emotional, bright awkward scene - that is what it is, both just couldn't be another way that moment

I cannot judge here, but the scene made impression on me

IU played panic attack good, LJK was mesmerising. I see her stopped punching him as she felt frustrated after fear, she is tired.

my brother (psychologist) said to calm down panic attack is very hard thing, and for different people it works different, but human touch is one of helping things. HS didn't get much of it, does she? WS always was way more sincere than others, and his words value more, and skinship wasn't frightening before, wasn't it? so his kiss might make her frustrated and suddenly tired, made moving from panic to further feelings, step forward

so the aim of the kiss might really be acheved - reaching from one human being to another, staying together, but not separated until misuderstanding be solwed, and not cracks in relationship become abyss of misunderstanding, but communication continue. I am glad WS stopped kissing, observing her reaction, and I am glad HS screamed all fears to his face too, it gave me hope she tells WS all frankly later.

let's imagine, HS tells WS about her visions. will WS see her as a shaman of that times? I sure think WS is going to take her words seriously, and won't judge her, but talk to her

THANK YOU ALL for stills to 10/11 ep!!!! my respect for recappers 

I am anticipating next ep!!!! I will be here for recaps, :heart:

• Like 20

Could anyone explain me why Wang So will not be able to marry Hae So? If he is already the king he is like a god there-he can do anything he wants and marry anyone he wants? Am I right? The same in Empress Ki. The heroine was just mere servant but after she marries the imperator she became an empress. Could it be the same in here?

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, HS will distance herself from Wang So, when she witnesses his marriage. There is this scene in the long trailer, when he is rushing after her and she is dressed like this. She stipulated that she would never accept to share his man with other woman.

I have for sure too many Pictures on my Computer... can´t find it right now.. but if I remember it right Sos Hair was not in a Knot on the Picture when he runs toward her... I believe as long as he is Prince - not King he don´t have the Power to help Soo with her Position. So for me this can happen after the Poison Scene or when Yo is King. I go for the last.

When So is King he will no let her suffer in the lowest Position . I still have the feeling he will made her his second Wife.

• Like 18

51 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Sigh...

The spoiler about WS and Yeon-hwa... Where exactly did that come from?!! Because if it is from SBS, it is REALLY dumb move. Everyone was hyping about tomorrow's episode... and now, this spoiler has put a huge damper on things.

Yes, we are all aware that the ending might be sad... but now, they had to shove it in our face... right before the truly intense episodes?!!!!! I feel as if someone is either purposely sabotaging this drama, or the promotion/publicity team is plain incompetent.

Gonna sleep. Mightly pissed. :angry:

You're absolutely right. As if someone would want to ruin our mode.:(

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, femmy said:

it's can be like that , so sbs tortures us just like that. make us curious for what next can happen. Are this drama will still exactly same with histori of gwangjong? or in the end (not in goryeo area) hae soo will meet with wang soo again. (but please make that final scene not just see each other from distance ) ^^;;.

Omo D-1 to scarlet ryeoo. what will happen in ep.10 and ep.11? really curious already....

i just want to know what make hae soo will in love with wang soo more than she like wang wook?

sorry for HS-WW team. But i'm HS-WS teamm, just like LJG-LJE(IU) in this project. I like their chemistry.

I hope so to but ... the moment WS-HS was like first friend but little more we have scar scene and we got them separeted for the  episode ( many days in drama) then they became much more that friend he told her "she is his" and we all was Yahoo then bam time for extrasense power and she avoid him and we have a kiss and hope for sweet beach she almost be true to herself ( or maybe they became lovers like for a day ) that she love this man and then wedding ... or something else must keep them apart is just episode 10 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, larinalove said:

Even though I knew and was expecting WS and YH to get married because it is an historic known fact and of course the writers could not skip that in order to be correct and also it serves the story angst wise and it is a big step forward for WS claiming the throne still seeing that photo in their wedding attire hit me and made me think of HS. I know it will be very hard for her to endure this and also for us, maybe they will include a scene of her preparing him and puting make up on him to hide his scar though I wish it won't happen, it would be too cruel for HS to make her go through that. As long as WS makes it clear to whom his heart belongs and as long as we don't get to see any intimate scenes between WS and YH I will accept it as an inevitable part of the story. There is a rough, emotional road waiting for us to get pass through, we have to prepare ourselves emotionally and mentally, I harbour no illusions for a happy ending, I don't see it happening based on the novel, C-version or even as a historic fact but as long as it is well executed an it makes sense I will accept it. A happy ending is welcomed of course but it will also have to be believable and not done just for fan service. Let's see what will happen next and let's hope for the best but prepare ourselves for the worst. 

I agree with you... I think we all knew it was coming.  However, I was definitely hoping it would could later in the story line so we could squeeze in more OTP moments. I think someone mentioned in this forum that IU stated episode 11 would be fun, so I'm hoping for a more lighthearted episode after the whole poising thing.

Like you mentioned, the wedding will probably happen when WS needs more power... maybe when the CP is on the throne and wants to give WS more power to help him or when Yoo is on throne and maybe WS and YH make some sort of contract marriage to decrease Yoo's authority in some way.  

It'll be just awkward if it happens now.  It seems too early yet and there doesn't seem to be a justified reason for him to do it now and get the forgiveness of the audience.  It has to be in some really desperate times where we can be sympathetic why he did it.

In the end though, I don't exactly hate YH's character.  Yeah, she's a mean girl... but she did in fact treat WS better than all his other siblings.  Therefore, I can't see WS giving YH the cold shoulder either unless she does something really nasty to hurt HS.  I think WS respects YH right now because she helped in some ways when all the other siblings either avoided or mocked him.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, aypopa said:

One more day only one 

And that picture omo i have hope that our otp ........ all night long 

yes... my timer stars now. :D

I am dying with anticipation for this next episode because of the new love birds.....

LJK never cease to deliver breathtaking and heartwarming romantic scenes.  We have to admit that LJK and IU have surprisingly good chemistry too.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, churasan said:

I agree with you... I think we all knew it was coming.  However, I was definitely hoping it would could later in the story line so we could squeeze in more OTP moments. I think someone mentioned in this forum that IU stated episode 11 would be fun, so I'm hoping for a more lighthearted episode after the whole poising thing.

Like you mentioned, the wedding will probably happen when WS needs more power... maybe when the CP is on the throne and wants to give WS more power to help him or when Yoo is on throne and maybe WS and YH make some sort of contract marriage to decrease Yoo's authority in some way.  

It'll be just awkward if it happens now.  It seems to early yet and there doesn't seem to be a justified reason for him to do it now and get the forgiveness of the audience.  It has to be in some really desperate times where we can sympathetic why he did it.

In the end though, I don't exactly hate YH's character.  Yeah, she's a mean girl... but she did in fact treat WS better than all his other siblings.  Therefore, I can't see WS giving YH the cold shoulder either unless she does something really nasty to hurt HS.  I think WS respects YH right now because she helped in some ways when all the other siblings either avoided or mocked him.

This is exactly what I am scared for. Yh likes so in spite of her ambitions. It always looked like she had soft spot but her past experience made her more power thirsty because her family suffered when they were powerless. In normal situation she might have not been so power thirsty and mean.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, briseis said:

Yes, but RX said that to and then she ended up sharing Yinzhen with his 30 wives. That's why I wrote my previous post to explain how different their love stories are. About that picture of her - her dress is very simple, she must have been demoted.

There is a time in the novel where RX works for years doing laundry and it irretrievably ruins her health - in the novel it was because she refused the Emperor's order to marry the 14th Prince, but I think in the Korean version this may happen during Yo's reign (controlled by his mother).

They probably can't hurt Wang So because by that time he is famous, and well-regarded for all the battles he won, the rain he brought and that he is basically favoured by the gods.

There is picture of WS riding hard somewhere wearing the same clothes as seen in the scene where he is chasing after HS. So he is probably riding to find her after that, because he is wearing a mask, it's the same one he's wearing when he tells her "I missed you".

Plus, his hair are down and the king ALWAYS wears his hair in the sangtu hairstyle (worn by married men) which also probably mean he hasn't married YH. And of course , there is the picture of HS in the sanggoong robes.

So is he getting married or not in next few episodes? If he has to get married then it should be when taejo is alive. But that servant outfit of it's from yo reign, and so hair being in a ponytail suggest unmarried status,then does he marry yh willingly? So many questions : (

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, mappyminho said:

Omg r u chingus telling me that our beloved dark knight wang so will marry this WITCH  of a sister :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

ANDWAEEEE

Well I'm soooo looking forward to that! It'll be so messed up and I'm all about messed up *cough" game of thrones *cough*!!!
Hahaha, no seriously I think this kind of incestuous dynamic has not been seen in k-drama right? Please correct me if I'm wrong! 

Oh and I think that HAE SOO is definitely not in love with SO YET! I think in the next episode she will accept his attention because she wants to protect WOOK, by trying to prevent SO from turning crazy..... I think it would be very interesting if the drama would end with HAE SOO actually being in love with both...kind of...

And I read that in the chinese version the main girl gets pregnant (but looses the child)? I would be shocked if HAE SOO would get pregnant too (in a good way)!!!

• Like 12

But I think the higher promotion (the one of Lady Oh) will come earlier during the reign of crown prince. During Wang Yo's reign she will be demoted to the lowest and suffer lot of hardships and when finally Wang So is able to become the king he will free her and make him his second wife. That scar thing she has will not matter to him and no servant will be allowed to talk about that, unless they want to die. I don't think she will have the same destiny as Lady Oh.

• Like 19

9 hours ago, karynkkm said:

I want to point out that the photo of WS as king and YH in queen are TWO DIFFERENT PHOTO S placed side-by-side. They're not in the same photo, those two are not standing next to each other. Perhaps YH becomes a queen, but it does not follow that the king is WS. She could just as well be marrying WY and be the queen during his very short reign.

It's all very well to say that the writers cannot change what's written in history despite creative license or whatever but the writers have already changed history. A lot, too, considering how different Wang Wook's story here is , compared to the historical WW. If WW can have a fictitious wife (Lady Hae - in real life he married a half-sister and they have children), then why can't WS have a fictitious wife as well? That seems rather unfair.

I'm probably wayyyy too optimistic though.

Haha, I like your way of thinking, it may happen of course, it's not impossible but angst wise it will be more probable to make WS marry YH as a step forward for him claiming the throne and it would be historically correct though  I prefer your version more. Let's see how it will all work out.  

• Like 21