[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Alright, all. Place your bets: Which ship's sinking do you think will be the best (By that I mean that it's upcoming doom will at least be less painful than the others because let's face it, train-wrecks are incoming :bawling:)

• Wang So and Hae Su
    • Issues that are likely to sink this ship:
      • The dratted visions Su keeps having
      • Su's currently in love with someone else
      • Su's from the future
      • So's marriage to Yeon Hwa
      • Su's scar that prevents her from becoming the King's woman
      • Chaeryung?
    • Likely End?
      • Spoiler

• Like in BBJX, Su might grow with disillusioned with So's actions as King
          • She'll likely die of a broken heart when she realizes that her comments to Wook about being careful of So actually led to the history she's familiar with and the deaths of the people she cares about

• Hope Spot?:
      • Maybe her presence will lead to a tamer version of what her original versions were?
      •  
  • Wang Eun and Seondeok
    • Issues that are likely to sink this ship
      • Eun's not exactly in love with Seondeok
      • History-- Eun's destined to die, no matter who actually ends up doing the killing
    • Likely End?
      • Eun is mistaken to be a part of his grandfather's rebellion
        • He and Seondeok are killed
    • Hope Spot?
      • At least, he'll be in love with her when they die?
      • So won't actually be the one who kills them
      • His counterpart in BBJX had the happiest end of everyone. Maybe it'll translate over?
      •  
  • Baek Ah and Woo Hee
      • Woo Hee's the last princess of a captured nation--they likely won't be able to be officially married
      • Woo Hee wants revenge

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Alright, all. Place your bets: Which ship's sinking do you think will be the best (By that I mean that it's upcoming doom will at least be less painful than the others because let's face it, train-wrecks are incoming :bawling:)

• Wang So and Hae Su
    • Issues that are likely to sink this ship:
      • The dratted visions Su keeps having
      • Su's currently in love with someone else
      • Su's from the future
      • So's marriage to Yeon Hwa
      • Su's scar that prevents her from becoming the King's woman
      • Chaeryung?
    • Likely End?
      •   Hide contents

• Like in BBJX, Su might grow with disillusioned with So's actions as King
          • She'll likely die of a broken heart when she realizes that her comments to Wook about being careful of So actually led to the history she's familiar with and the deaths of the people she cares about

• Hope Spot?:
      • Maybe her presence will lead to a tamer version of what her original versions were?
      •  
  • Wang Eun and Seondeok
      • Eun's not exactly in love with Seondeok
      • History-- Eun's destined to die, no matter who actually ends up doing the killing
    • Likely End?
      • Eun is mistaken to be a part of his grandfather's rebellion
        • He and Seondeok are killed
    • Hope Spot?
      • At least, he'll be in love with her when they die?
      • So won't actually be the one who kills them
      • His counterpart in BBJX had the happiest end of everyone. Maybe it'll translate over?
      •  
  • Baek Ah and Woo Hee
      • Woo Hee's the last princess of a captured nation--they likely won't be able to be officially married
      • Woo Hee wants revenge

For me no matter what creative license make ideas how to make it more romantic and dramatic, but I think history will make its end. There will be no HS written in the history, So wife will still be YH as the crown queen. And she is likely will start to build her path in next episode. And although I hope HS will not end as Ruoxi in this drama, but I put my trust on the writer that no matter what they will not leave me disappointed. Even HS will be not with So in Goryeo they will meet again in teh present seoul where HS back as HJ. And I hope the present So also has scar so HS will recognize him in instance....

I love the way you describe each one of the major hopes...yes Eun will be likely dead following king taejo, Mo and Yo. But how the writer fold the death I will think your idea is very likely interesting, how to keep Eun name clean at the end. 

About Woo Hee the character description said in this story she and HS will become friend....no doubt HS need a girlfriend and BA can not be the one...let's hope WH can take the spot as CR still out of the story for now on. 

And the one that curious me more is how HS will fall in love at So, will it happen on next episode after So drink the poison to keep her innocent. 

We see scene where HS in white, her lip bruises. And So steal a peck from her lips.....I hope that happen after the poison thing. That HS will be exile and So come to save her again. Then HS will realize how much this man need her to be with him so he can face the sick of the palace game of throne. 

I will call our next episodes to come is Goryeo Game Of Throne....

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, hallyus said:

"The Sun loved the Moon so much that he died every night just to let her breathe." 

"Sometimes, I think of the Sun and the Moon as lovers who rarely meet, always chase, and always miss one another. But once in a while, they do catch up, and they kiss, and the world stares in awe of their eclipse."

"The Sun and the moon were opposite souls, yet both waited impatiently. For the rare days when, they might coexist peacefully."

"And maybe we are just like the Sun and the Moon, deeply in love with each other but too different to exist side by side."

@hallyus  One of our mods @bebebisous33 has actually been sharing similar theories with us about Haesoo representing the moon and Wangso representing the sun. I think the analogy is quite beautiful, as are the quotes you shared. I can't help feeling a little sad though applying them to our SoSoo couple since my hope is that they'll have the opportunity to be together always. :(

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, skxz said:

When people ask are you Ship So/Soo

or Ship Wook/Soo

I'm sitting here like I'm Team Drowning 

Omo....I was in the same place as yours....as much as I love So to be with  but I pity Wook for losing her.....he finally find someone that make him not stay as a rock. But So also need her as that what makes him stronger now...what a dillema

• Like 7

@Yippeuni  @valsava   Lately I have been thinking  that maybe Queen Yoo isn't her child. Maybe Court Lady Oh is his mother and Queen Yoo adopted him. I kept wondering WHY DID SHE CHOOSE SO TO BE HELD CAPTIVE. I think she thought by threatening to hurt this peculiar child and he would not get married again. Maybe So was his favorite when he was a child until he became scarred. Why didn't she choose Wang Yo when he was older than Wang So. I think So was dearly adored before he was scarred.

Chingu  Annyeong  waving to everyone 

I have been thinking about what Hae Soo said to Wang Wook. I think that slip up doesn't realllly push him to ally himself with Wang Yo. What makes him do it is the realization that" HIS GIRL FALLS FOR WANG SO" She not only love him but she would do anything to protect him. Her love for Wang So will be so deep because Wang So would do anything for her. Wang So will be the one to save her from being killed and from that day he will be her savior. 

@skxz..... I so love you post about TEAMDROWNING. HWAITING!!!

@briseis @maria_m2me ... chingu's I just love the way you expressed how I really feel about my dissapointment in Hae Soo. This girl pushed herself in Wang So's life and now she starts acting like everyone else. Her actions is what improves his life and she made him so happy. She became the one person he could trust and it turned to love. He is willing to not be in romantic relationship with her as long as she is in in life. She became his light , hope and air. Since @bebebisous33 theory I think that if she had treated him like a human being the night he murdered all those people and his mom still turned away from him was probably the turning point for him. 

• Like 11

Just now, Yippeuni said:

Omo....I was in the same place as yours....as much as I love So to be with  but I pity Wook for losing her.....he finally find someone that make him not stay as a rock. But So also need her as that what makes him stronger now...what a dillema

Hahaha, me too! At first I ship SooWook but I can't bear to see So desperately want Hae Soo stay in his side. So which one should I choose?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, briseis said:

He is AS RUTHLESS AND MERCILESS KILLER AS WANG SO IS, maybe even more so because SO DOESN’T HIDE IT under facade of refinement and kindness. Wook’s story about his first kill shows he was exposed to violence and has been killing people since a very early age - and something like that leaves traces; it would twist anyone. That’s the first hint of Wook’s inner darkness.

@briseis  I just got chills reading your post.

You made me remember something from when I was watching Wook in that scene where he was talking to Yeon Hwa...and it was raining. His voice was calm, but monotone. He didn't say anything that was alarming, but the unfocused, detached look in his eyes just looked so...disturbing. His words "As for me...there must be a seat that is necessary for me to fill. I am very...curious." It all just sounded eerie. The first word that popped into my head was........sociopath. I was actually surprised that's immediately where I went, because like many of us, I made note of the Wook that was sweet and kind, and in love with Haesoo.  Do you think I might be overreacting? 

@bebebisous33 Thoughts? I've never really thought of Wook as evil. A sociopath, however, might fit better. Someone who lacks a moral compass? Would either of you describe him in that matter? I'm trying to think back to some of the posts mentioning Wook might be a bad egg, but I had a hard time thinking of him in that way. NOW, however, I just don't know.

EDIT: Just remembered a couple of theories having to do with another brother, not Wangso, who might be the real culprit behind Eun and Soon-duk's murders in the future --- Yo...or maybe even Wook, the latter being a possibility since there are images of him with bow in hand. That would definitely be a HUGE plot twist...one I though quite interesting. :o

tumblr_odz9izOE0r1s8t96qo7_r1_400.pngtumblr_odz9izOE0r1s8t96qo8_r1_400.png

• Like 18

I'm sorry I posted this BTS again, but it's just. So. CUTE!

KHN_IU_1_zpske2kyx2p.gif

Notice how Kang Haneul reacts, his head immediately turned to whoever suggested him to shoot a melodrama with IU in excitement. And that little smile though, awwwwww~ :wub:

KHN_IU_2_zpstzxsj9ua.gif

Then put his head down, while sneaking a peek, shy shy shy~ hehehe...even I think IU think his gesture is cute, she also immediately mimicking the gesture. :lol:

We definitely need a Kang Haneul in our life, ahahahahaa....what an adorable guy, where can I find one??

• Like 23

36 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Yippeuni  @valsava   Lately I have been thinking  that maybe Queen Yoo isn't her child. Maybe Court Lady Oh is his mother and Queen Yoo adopted him. I kept wondering WHY DID SHE CHOOSE SO TO BE HELD CAPTIVE. I think she thought by threatening to hurt this peculiar child and he would not get married again. Maybe So was his favorite when he was a child until he became scarred. Why didn't she choose Wang Yo when he was older than Wang So. I think So was dearly adored before he was scarred.

LOL as much as I want So to have a better mom than that crazy eomma but...I don't think that will be happening....

No one...especially me understand why that crazy eomma did that to So....was it because So is the closest one to her at that time..and she can not hurt Mo..as he is the crown prince....

But the thinking about So is lady SG son...is very not likely to happen. 

But yes the king is has his eyes to So from the earlier...he might have thought (before the scar happen) that So can be a king if something happen to Mo along the way, he know the threat will be happening to Mo as the crown prince.

But the scar happen and So need to be exile...because I don't know why too..if its on my logic mind, why they didn't let So stay in the palace it's not going to be packed to have 1 prince staying right? But in the end So send to Shinju, with excuse to comfort concubine Kang that lost her son. But yep the king still has his eyes on him, he looked over So from the palace he even personally sent general Park to train him martial art from the best and secretly.

He know So will be useful for Mo as his right man. Maybe he at first the king prepare So for the great palace commander....to rules all the military in the palace to keep Mo reign strong. But heaven say its opposite, they choose So as the king at the rain ritual. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, briseis said:

HAE SO IS PLAYING GOD NOW! She wants to change history she knows basically nothing about; she is talking about everyone as if they were mere human chess pieces she could control and manipulate according to her will; and selfishly change their life just because of a couple of sentences she vaguely remembers from her history lesson at high school, BUT SHE DOESN’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT, NEITHER DOES SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE GWANGJONG’S ACTIONS, at least not without knowing the truth behind them.

I AM FREAKING LOVE THIS COMMENT!!!!

Yes I hope HS open up her mind a little and her heart for So....its devastating for me seeing So hurt like that...as I say previously me and So has the same in common about her, she is likely the only person who me and So do not want to hear that So is scary, So is bad luck, and So is nightmare.

I and So want her to be the only one (if no one ever there) to stand for him, and say no matter what people say about you or do to you. I will always believe and be there for you....AS WHAT SHE PROMISING DURING THE MAKE UP, that So can always trust in her and she is never change.

• Like 19

omo  omo 

10 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

WS is Queen Yoo's real son, its the fact and written in history.. he can't  be Lady Oh's son.

I only said that because i reallllll y hate how she treats him. :tears::tears::tears: I mean't no offense just saying that since it is a drama. 

• Like 11

Wait a moment......

About Eun...somehow the thought hit me when I read @briseis comment and see this pic

tumblr_odznd39qJe1s8t96qo6_r1_400.png

Is he will be joining Yo to fight So, because at that time he know HS relationship with So??? Jealousy???? Omona...that will not happen right?

But yes Eun character in here describe as a very immature prince...well when our maknae Jung is playing street fighter with the gangs in the village....Eun is still playing marbles,slingshot, and another childish game.

The way Yo even ake fun of him on his birthday so Eun ask So to remove the mask for his birthday gift show how immature he is. 

But I hope "my vision" is wrong....as wrong as the vision experienced by HS. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, notintoyou said:

I'm team Hae Soo. saw this on tumblr and I agree with what this person is saying.

Wang So is not Lee Joon Gi. I'm all for Wang So going evil, because that makes him an interesting and layered character. But hating on Hae Soo when she is as emotional at the time... Ugh seriously.cr: http://hanichul.tumblr.com/post/150738841454/insp

Yeah I agree, as someone who has had panic attacks before I really got from where she was coming from. people, fear is irrational :c. The scene was really well done in a heartbreaking kind of way. I hope for the sake of the otp that they'll have a really nice and insightful conversation in the next episode :cookie:

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 20

39 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

omo  omo 

I only said that because i reallllll y hate how she treats him. :tears::tears::tears: I mean't no offense just saying that since it is a drama. 

LOL....smile eonnie....Even me always think that wicked crazy eomma is really not his birth mom....she is too wickedly crazy to has a precious son as So....If she only has Yo I will say that makes sense....apples will not fall far from its tree right...but seems like apple So and apple Jung are fall far away from that tree...LOL....

I hope that wicked crazy eomma will not receive any forgiveness at all....If later she will be realizing her fault and So forgive her and live happily ever after as new mom and son bonding... 45 I seem can never forgive her at all.

• Like 11