[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

31 minutes ago, briseis said:

Thank you! But I'm only in the middle of episode 8 with my commentaries and I have still so many scenes I want to write about that the soonest I will get to the kiss scene will be probably Sunday night, maybe even Monday morning CET. I'm sorry it takes me such a long time, but I have so many feels about so many scenes. Thanks for your words and patience  :wub:

If I wrote novels in English (the ones I've written so far are in my own language, Italian), you'd be the perfect beta-reader to entrust them to! :heart:

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

It seems like the usual sites are replacing the Dramafever (international) version with the SBS ('uncut') version which means I can't get the DF versions anymore. Is there anyone willing to PM me links to episodes 1-7 of the Dramafever (International) version? I really want to compare both side by side and it seems like those are disappearing (if only they didn't include scenes that are not in the SBS version - why did they do that!). 

I have sent you a PM. The differences came since episode 4 but in that episode only in ost selection. The differences in scenes began in the episode of the funeral of Lady Hae. The OST is sometimes different in the international version.

• Like 9

What I want to see from the poisoning scene and WS collapsing in front of HS, is not her seeing him doing it for her, but to see the fear of losing him, maybe that'll make her think about where she places WS, a friend, a lover, or a man she needs to change or still be afraid of.

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, briseis said:

OK I'VE CHANGED MY MIND! I’M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW! I’VE JUST READ ONE WS-BASHING COMMENT TOO MANY, so I’ve will get ahead of my usual chronological order of scene commentaries, because tomorrow I’m going to give those obtuse people my piece of mind regarding this whole "forced-kiss" controversy.

Where? :sweatingbullets: DramaBeans? The focus there was WangSo's forced kiss the last time I read. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Hi, MoonLovers:ScarletHeartRyeo Fans

I think i know who sings the song in both versions(sbs & youku/oneasiatv) when Wang So kissed Hae Soo.

He is a new korean singer, his name is Jung Seung Hwan and he is the runner-up in the 4 season of SbsKpopStar and he is currently signed to Antenna Music.

He already sang the OST for 2 dramas:

The Time We Were Not In Love ost part.3

&

Oh Hae Young Again ost part. 5

And of course you can compare the voice with scenes of WANG SO & HAE SOO and expecially the preview of ep 10

SBS kiss scene

Youku/Oneasiatv Kiss Scene

Sorry for the long post....And tell me what you guys think...

I think that you're right: the voice really seems to be the same.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Where? :sweatingbullets: DramaBeans? The focus there was WangSo's forced kiss the last time I read. 

Not Dramabeans, I'm talking about people on the ML Tumblr tag, I stopped reading the recaps on Dramabeans after the first episode. AND I NEVER EVER READ COMMENTS UNDER THE RECAPS - because usually it makes me want to murder people.

• Like 22

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap – Unavoidable Fate

hae-soo-unmasks-4th-prince - Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap

It’s hitting the fan now! In Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9, Hae-Soo decides to help 4thPrince change his fate only to regret the path she realizes she’s set him on. Read on for all the squeeing and tears over the latest episodes of Scarlet Heart Ryeo…

Let It Rain

After 10th Prince’s birthday fiasco, Hae-Soo tries to regain 4th Prince’s friendship but he ignores her thinking that she merely pities him for his scar. 8th Prince tells Hae-Soo that he’s going to set her free from her service in the palace at the rain ritual. If it rains, the king chooses one benevolent act – forgiving a prisoner, officiating a marriage, or releasing a court lady from service. 8th Prince plans to ask for Hae-Soo’s freedom.

moon-lovers-princes-rain- Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap

Because of the king’s ill health, he decides to randomly choose one of his sons to lead the rain ritual. It’s both an advantageous and dangerous responsibility. If rain comes, the prince will receive great commendation. If he doesn’t, the citizens could turn on the prince for failing to end the drought. To everyone’s surprise, 4th Prince’s name is chosen.

Spoiler

Visions

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap

Hae-Soo covers 4th Prince’s scar with makeup

4th Prince attempts to carry out the rain ritual but the crowds turn violent on him, enraged that a masked “monster” was chosen. He’s devastated by the crowd’s reaction and the piteous looks of his family (and Hae-Soo). He runs off and sulks in the palace. Hae-Soo decides to help 4th Prince. Using her former skills as a make-up artist, she covers up his scar. He attempts the rain ritual again and this time, the crowds cheer him on. His family is shocked to see his un-scarred face (especially his evil mother). 8th Prince notices the looks between Hae-Soo and 4th Prince for the first time.

RELATED | Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 2 & 3 Recap – Deadly Palace

Just as the 4th Prince starts the ritual, the rain falls! Everyone celebrates but Hae-Soo is left stunned. She finally remembers history. The 4th Prince is Gwangjong, the king who slaughtered his brothers for the throne.

Desperate Plea

moon-lovers-8th-prince-and

Hae-Soo is physically distraught, realizing that even her lover 8th Prince is in danger from him. She stumbles into 4th Prince later and tries to conceal her newfound terror of him. Listening to his excited talk of how his family members are starting to accept him, Hae-Soo plans in her mind to stay by his side and somehow, if at all possible, change history by helping him stay on good terms with his family.

The king orders 10th Prince to marry a general’s daughter, who secretly has a crush on him. But 10th Prince is devastated. Hae-Soo encourages him to do what’s expected of him and acknowledges that she knew he liked her. Sadly, the wedding also means that the king won’t be releasing any court ladies from the palace.

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap

Hae-Soo continues to have horrible visions of 4th Prince slaughtering her friends, the princes. She begs 8th Prince to stay far away from 4th Prince. 4th Prince is surprised by his mother’s sudden kindness at dinner to him – until she asks him to assassinate the Crown Prince. Disgusted and hurt, 4th Prince leaves and stumbles upon Hae-Soo. She reacts badly, spurting out that she’s terrified of him. He begs her not to leave him like the others and kisses her against her will.

Thoughts and Feels

Man, what an intense and awesome ride! I mean as much as I’ve been loving the show,Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 felt like the real beginning of everything with the story falling effortlessly into place. We’re at the meat and heart of the story and I’m seriouslyloving all of this. (LOVING IT!!!!!)

RELATED | Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 4 & 5 Recap – Forbidden Love

These episodes were chock full of so much emotion, growth and excitement. There were so many great scenes but the rain ritual!! What a brilliant backdrop that led to such an epic climax at the end of episode 8! There’s so much depth to what leading the rain ritual represents – either a chance to gain the favor of the king and the people if you’re lucky enough that it rains, or to be the scapegoat sacrificed to the mobs if it fails.

It was heartbreaking watching 4th Prince get chosen, his initial excitement and unease, only to be pelted with stones and mud by the mob because of his scarred face. I’ve always loved actor Lee Joon-Ki but this show has made me acutely aware of how powerful his acting is. The vulnerability just in his eyes alone – his pain and acute loneliness as his own family looks at him with pity or disinterest – it gets me so hard every time. Just love him already, people!!

RELATED | Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 6 & 7 Recap – Trapped in the Palace

Also, I have to give a shout-out to my other favorite prince beside the leads – 13th Prince Baek-Hyun. The wonderful budding brother relationship between him and 4th Prince is just awesome. I love how shy and apologetic he was about 4th Prince’s unmasking at the birthday party, as he deeply cares about his older brother’s feelings. I also love the few scenes he has with Hae-Soo. Their friendship feels totally natural and sweet.

hae-soo-touches-4th-prince

I’m still swooning over that romantic scene when Hae-Soo covered 4th Prince’s scar!! Oh, my word! Everything about that scene from her removing his mask to when she gently strokes his scar was just dripping with tenderness. Her bittersweet statement about how unfair it is that his life has been so troubled over a scar that’s not that big melted me into a puddle. Not to mention, 4th Prince opening his heart, trusting someone like that, for the first time in his life.

RELATED | The Master Sun’s Review – Most Romantic Show of All Time?

Which I think really explains and wonderfully contrasts the final scene in episode 9. I’m no fan of forced kisses (it’s just not romantic to me) but I can see why and where 4th Prince is coming from when he kissed Hae-Soo (not that it makes it okay of course). In the scene when she covered his scar, Hae-Soo tells 4th Prince she has no fear of him and promises that if he trusts her, she won’t be the first one to betray that trust. Thus 4th Prince was moved by fear when he saw Hae-Soo suddenly act like he was a monster just like his mother and family always has. He desperately kissed her (obviously not the best move) because he realized he was losing her.

moon-lovers-king-gwangjong Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 8 & 9 Recap

the future King Gwangjong

I always love the theoretical and moral questions that time traveling brings. It was heartbreaking to see Hae-Soo fight a losing battle against the realization that she can’tmake the world what she wants it to be, though any time traveler would wonder if that was a possibility. Interestingly, I think Hae-Soo is actually an unintentional catalyst who’sbringing that future about.

Not only did she help 4th Prince gain recognition from his king and family for the rain ritual, but she’s the one warning 8th Prince of 4th Prince. While she clearly thinks she’s helping him avoid danger, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s awakening him to the reality that 4th Prince is his competition – not only in the royal palace but for Hae-Soo’s heart. I don’t know if my heart can handle watching the two princes I love best turn on each other for the love of Hae-Soo… except I can’t wait to watch it unfold!

http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2016/09/22/scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-8-9-recap/

• Like 17

7 hours ago, Brenda Capers said:

QUESTION:

1. Why didnt WS request HS as his bride/wife instead of his person?....because once he becomes King he will not be able to marry her because she has a scar.

I think that if Wang So manages to make her fall in love with him, after striving for it for so long, he won't give a s**t about her scar. He's the King. He decides. F**k everybody else's superstitions! 

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, briseis said:

OK I'VE CHANGED MY MIND! I’M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW! I’VE JUST READ ONE WS-BASHING COMMENT TOO MANY, so I’ve will get ahead of my usual chronological order of scene commentaries, because tomorrow I’m going to give those obtuse people my piece of mind regarding this whole "forced-kiss" controversy.

:D WS was great! This force-kiss scene is one of my favorite!!!

• Like 18

@sharreb sorry! I didn't mean anything bad :bawling: of course I know that it depends on a country and a person and there are a lot of Asian people how know English well! I just mean that most of them who I met during my Holliday in England had problems with it but of course there were Asian students with advanced and fluent English! Sorry again, chingu!:bawling:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, millie10468 said:

It just occurred to me how much more shitty Wook's life is about to be:

He falls in love with his deceased wife's cousin (She reciprocates)

He ends up determining to become King in order to have her (She no longer reciprocates, in fact, she falls in love with someone else)

Now he's stuck in this race for King (and he doesn't win)

And he's lost the girl ...

Wow...

It's going to suck to be Wook pretty soon... :bawling:

Hide contents

AND I CAN'T WAIT *gleeful screaming* :glasses:

@millie10468.... You said it chingu but HJ's choices are what brings him pain.Unfortunately , I think that the warning HS gives him should have helped made the decision to never go against him but instead he chose the hard path for love. I also think Hae Soo did not really know him and I think we the viewers have not really seen what truth lies in his heart. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

@bebebisous33

(...)

If there is one new thing that reveals to me in this drama is Lee Ji Eun. I really appreciate her hard work on this. I can't imagine anyone who can play Hae Soo. Hae Soo is Lee Ji Eun. Will look forward to her future projects as an actress and a singer from now on.

Sorry to cut your post but THAT picture!!!!

SHE HAS THE SAME HAIRPIN AS THE ONE WS GAVE TO HER IN THE PREVIEW?!

Am I right? And she is smiling! 

Is it from BTS?

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I think that you're right: the voice really seems to be the same.

yes it's him...

@ruizaio posted the song and lyrics

Jung Seung-hwan

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=78969341

Lyrics:

Hide those tears in your heart
And erase the memories

Let's stop our incomplete
relationship now
Even if that means we'll live in tears missing each other

Just like the scattering wind
Just like a path that can't be found no matter what