[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

I think the pic that @bebebisous33 sent me via post can be an aid here. It shows Yo was kneeling, like getting arrested, while CP and the other princes is standing. So ther is a possibility they found out about Yo and mom from WS abd arrest them for treason. 

Are you sure Wook will apart of the jail break group? I think if he is to involve it will in the later part. If BA and WS wants some assistant(s) it will be more reasonable to ask Jung and Eun. But we can put Wook indeed because maybe WS still think Wook cares for HS because she was his family. But the problem is there is BA and that guy know about Wook and HS feelings for each other. Sure he doesn't know their current relationship but won't it be possible if he blurted it out to WS? A little too early? 

Well I just put Wook in the middle then. But the heart wrenching scream though... I still believe it has something to do with HS disappearance not about their marriage proposal status. Because in the long trailer he clearly looking like he's searching and can't find her. 

Where do you think BA will be taking HS to? BA is the most handsome guy in Goryeo and many people must have known him. It will be difficult for him to move far except in disguise but it will be hard to because it can rise a suspicion. The palace and whole nation must be in high alert like you say. Who else among the prince that has a wide connection with outside world? Eun's family and his wife family is powerful too. Maybe they have something to do with it? 

Oh thisnis exciting.

All this might somehow bring the other princess (I can't remember her name... The one practicing the double swords dancing) into the picture...

• Like 4

Eek I press the wrong button and all those I quote and add in my agreements and comments were lost. Just roughly rewriting it again

@bebebisous33 thank-you on ur post about the post makeup scene and WS gaze on HS. It makes me go back to rewatch that part closer. The first tym I watch I'm also feeling it but I love that ur post hit it home even harder. Really the impact and the significance was WS starring at her, never mind that it is the first tym in his life that he can look at the mirror and not hate the image or first time to be without the mask unafraid what people thought of his scar. His eyes didn't even blink, he wouldn't let her off his field of sight 

And @amyska77 me three. In fact I'm still holding up hope -perhaps too optimistic WS won't marry YH, not in his lifetime, not in the next, never, never pls.

And @andy78 in the novel it's actually one of the brother (forgot which one, the 3rd or 9th who was not close to Ruoxi who let the 4th find out abt her relationship with the 8th before banishing her) again I hope the K ver takes a diff route.

And @Bambiina thank-you  for your rousing post, and agree totally. This drama isn't typical and even if there's light hearted moments it's never meant to be a light hearted romance. From what we've seen so far and trailers also,  it's gonna be heartfelt soul wrenching and perhaps tragic love story. It's gonna give the feels of Romeo Juliet ish. And actually because of its pace, the antihero setting, of HS first having another guy in her heart, it actually ups the expectation for me regarding WS and HS's love story. I love theirs is a relationship that develops from interaction, communication, and experiencing things together. It makes that love more real and tangible to me. It's not that I don't believe in love at first sight or those that fall fast but I don't need it in this drama. I don't mind fluffy romance either or those with alot of cheese but again I can get that from another drama. We can't fit MoonLovers in a particular mold cause it's meant to be different and it's also inspired by the novel.

I thk of their love as red wine, that it takes time to go into fruition and when ripe its full aroma and sweetness will come forth but it needs time. I also thk with HS major pulback from WS last epiosde it provides the essence for high drama ,so that then it takes sth major like WS putting his own life on the line to open HS's eyes and heart. So while last episode was sad, we will also be rewarded with our patience for sth good soon. 

Also we know it's preproduced and the ending is set. We can only pray that the script and the decisions make were not as tragic as the novel. While I have readied my heart and remind myself that life and their love is the journey, not the ending, I would still prefer it to be on a happier note, perhaps a miracle by the next eclipse.. 

• Like 16

5 hours ago, qwenli said:

@inner @frostbite

No where in my post did I say that alternative opinions are not tolerated here. Nobody has the right to say so anyway.

I guess perhaps for people who dun back read, the impact is different but when I back read and I see some repeated comments, it can accumulate to a point where I just have to say something.

I understand the people here are from different age, gender and cultural bacbackgrounds and so may have different perspectives.  

Anyway, in future I will just ignore posts that I disagree with to keep the peace here.

@enigmatic_zephy We have so many posts on this thread now that you probably missed seeing @qwenli 's post above.

For those of us who have parked here since months before the drama has aired, we’ve repeatedly stated that all POVs are welcome and that constructive criticism and the freedom to ship as desired is also encouraged. In keeping with Soompi rules and guidelines, only outright bashing of a character, cast member or the drama is prohibited.

The pace of the thread is so very quick now that sometimes numerous posts on one particular topic, such as the editing, can inadvertently turn into one long rant session and the overall mood of the community and the tone of the posts can get hung up, subsequently impacting the balance of the varying views that are being expressed.  So, in our efforts to maintain the overall health of the thread or to avoid misunderstandings within the community, you’ll find some of our longtime resident posters like @qwenli and Soompi moderators like @LyraYoo and @bebebisous33 trying to reboot, if you will, by providing guidance, or by momentarily changing or suggesting another topic to maintain the equilibrium and freedom we all enjoy here.

By the way, @qwenli is one of our few recappers during live streaming, so her participation in our thread is much appreciated and very much needed.  It’s very easy to take things out of context when communicating in this medium, so misunderstandings like this are not uncommon. Thankfully we’ve had very few.

So thus ends my MLSHR public service announcement for today. Let's continue on with all things MLSHR. :)

• Like 19

Image result for moon lovers: scarlet heart ryeo episode 6Related image

Posting late as it's been a busy week haven't had a chance to read everyone's thoughts but I'm sure they are amazing as usual.  My thoughts on episode 9 were mostly focused on WS not his future but about the here and now.  Wondering what it would be like for him to feel that freedom without his mask.  Like a prisoner or bird being set free from a cage.  Forced to live behind a mask that stands out no matter where you go.  Not being accepted for who you are inside but for what they see on the outside.  Their fears cannot only be seen but felt as well and somewhere along the way WS decided to live up to their fears and creates the wolf.  Who allows him to release his anger but doesn't allow him to be himself...

As I watched him standing in the rain during the ritual standing with his arms open wide moving in circle to give thanks.  What feelings within were being released it's a moment I would have loved to have heard his own thoughts.  Just as in later hearing the King speaking to him not as a King but as his Father saying to him " Your Father Trusts You " but even more WS before that calling him FATHER...

Later when WS & HS are standing his hand in the rain and his smile larger than life basting in the glory of the day so full of happiness and wonder just like a child experiencing something for the first time.  His spirits flying so high soaring above the sky you could see it and you could feel it.  Yet HS's heart was somewhere much deeper and darker and her only thoughts were not in the moment but of others what an amazing character and thoughts " I Can Do It.  I Wont Ignore It.  I Won't Let Anyone Get Hurt. "  Even before that as if giving him instructions for living that were really silent pleas from the heart.  Her hoping he might remember her spoken words, that they might somehow linger into the future...

A pillow for WW"s head and a promise kept to a cousin.  HS proves she never forgets and can always be counted on.  This moment was different than the other brief moments for me.  Gifts exchanged, memories shared, an embrace even the words I love you yet why is it instead of a loving moment it felt like good-bye to me.  Felt like a sweet encounter between first loves who meant something to each other like a season in life but gave you the feeling it would all to soon be just a memory...

How quickly a beautiful moment in WS's life can be destroyed not by a stranger but from his own mother the Queen of EVIL just when I think I have seen her worst she proves me wrong.  What's even harder to believe is after all WS has been put through by her and seeing him bracing himself up later alone.  I felt so broken for him all the confidence & joy was fleeting for she didn't cut his face this time.  She cut much deeper than that, his heart.  He was nothing to her yet inside that little boy all grown up now still hurting, maybe hoping she would have had at least some small act of kindness. There would be none and no change and not even a word of kindness would be found...

My last thoughts are a forced kiss might not be as beautiful as a loving one that is given and taken freely but when looking at all that has happened.  One can understand because of WS's past  HS is someone he has waited a lifetime for longed for and gives him something no one has ever given him before. She is his friend, his family, whom he can trust, who treats him like no other for she is his everything.  HS is that warm safe place that allows him to be free.  He may not be graceful and soft or gentle but his heart is full of only her. It's more than wanting or needing it's about desperation and surviving...

Once you have experienced it your heart can't go back...

7 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@enigmatic_zephy We have so many posts on this thread now that you probably missed seeing @qwenli 's post above.

For those of us who have parked here since months before the drama has aired, we’ve repeatedly stated that all POVs are welcome and that constructive criticism and the freedom to ship as desired is also encouraged. In keeping with Soompi rules and guidelines, only outright bashing of a character, cast member or the drama is prohibited.

The pace of the thread is so very quick now that sometimes numerous posts on one particular topic, such as the editing, can inadvertently turn into one long rant session and the overall mood of the community and the tone of the posts can get hung up, subsequently impacting the balance of the varying views that are being expressed.  So, in our efforts to maintain the overall health of the thread or to avoid misunderstandings within the community, you’ll find some of our longtime resident posters like @qwenli and Soompi moderators like @LyraYoo and @bebebisous33 trying to reboot, if you will, by providing guidance, or by momentarily changing or suggesting another topic to maintain the equilibrium and freedom we all enjoy here.

By the way, @qwenli is one of our few recappers during live streaming, so her participation in our thread is much appreciated and very much needed.  It’s very easy to take things out of context when communicating in this medium, so misunderstandings like this are not uncommon. Thankfully we’ve had very few.

So thus ends my MLSHR public service announcement for today. Let's continue on with all things MLSHR. :)

Cool enough..

Even if they are negative comments.. maybe someone is frustrated enough watching something and needs a place to rant it..

Why put the label of constructive criticism.. let people be..

When you find likeminded comment..just go along with that.. negative comments can find their own group and crib abt it..

All of us invariably become hypocrites by suggesting things likes these.. just let it be..

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

While people avoided him like pest and never dared to look into his eyes, Hae Soo did the exact opposite. In the episode 1, Hae Soo looked at him and she was like paralysed. She had already caught his eyes therefore he decided to rescue her, when she was about to fall. She was falling because someone had pushed her while the man was running away from Wang So. She on the other hand was just standing there.

Then when he was covered in blood and screaming, destroying these stone piles, she could have run away, like others would have done or like his mother ordered him to leave her alone because he was stinking. Nonetheless Hae Soo ran to him and stopped. She did the opposite of Queen Yoo. First, she even asked if he was injured, while Yoo had told him that she would never ask for this. As conclusion, while Wang Soo looked like an animal, had his face covered with his mask and people avoided him, Hae Soo consoled him, gave him advices, kept him company aso. She saw the good person behind the mask and his "rude" behaviour.

Then in the episode 9, his mask is gone, his scar is gone... people starts being enthousiastic and welcoming him. He is treated like a normal person, not like someone who should be avoided and bring bad luck. He is even welcome by his father, his mother invites him over for dinner (with other intentions). He is now good-looking and his reputation has changed. He brought rain so that people consider it as a sign from the gods. He is treated differently now. But now, we witness a reversal of situation. While people have come to accept him due to his appearances and behaviour, Hae Soo is now doing the opposite again. She is afraid of him. She is now seeing the bad person in him.

Striking is that Hae Soo has not changed. I know, some people said that she had changed and were disappointed. Yet, I don't think, there is some inconstency here. Hae Soo is acting like before. She keeps seeing things beyond the appearances everytime. While people attach too much importance to the exterior, especially in Wang So's case, she sees the personality. In my opinion, she sees the real him now, the one who not only threatens to kill people but who does it without feeling remorse. Sure, he is not the king who ruled with a fist of iron yet, however he did kill all these men at the temple without feeling guilty. He did it for his mother... yet this showed how determined he can be and he has no problem to decide who lives or not. Hae Soo knows nothing about the killing of so many people... she only knows that he killed to survive. Yet she was wrong here. He killed because he wanted to be loved and recognised by his mother. He never did it in self-defense. The bottom of the line is that Hae Soo is finally able to see the real Wang So: the ruthless man he is. Sure, she had experienced his violence, but she recognised at some point, he would only threaten her so that she came to think, he only threatens people but he never does it. 

So far, noone except Hae Soo has ever understood Wang So's true character. They called him an animal because of his appareance and his rude behaviour, without knowing how really dangerous he can be.

3 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I must say SHR has become one show to make me a complete loner... i am watching episodes and then whole week waiting for next episodes on this thread reading comments, searching internet for any new video-BTS-interview or anything to help me surviving the wait. And yes to add google to know more about Goryeo history what exactly happened then to find out more about the characters and their actions. During all this while I just forget completely how to behave in outside world (i am on my cell on this thread when i m out of home and at home on my laptop). So my real life has hit very badly with the addiction of this show.

After reading all the comments here i found one (sorry forget the name) mentioning how unique this love story is Female Lead in love with Second lead only to fall in love with Male Lead, eventually. That makes this show stand out among rest even more cause its not the ones where we are so used to seeing male - female lead in love from the start (or by epi3-4) but denying the feelings, that becomes one pretty straight forward line to predict. Here its different, complicated, complex, heart wrenching yet entertaining, enchanting, enthralling at the same time.

The procrastination in OTPs love story makes their union even more precious for us, cause we have spent 10-12 episodes with both of these going through all sorts of ups and downs, troubles, pain, denial,tragedies only to figure out other one is THE ONE for them (WS already realized, let HS realize it too). And I was sad seeing (just the last scene here on this thread) a broken, disappointed and hurt WS reacting over HSs hurtful words but after seeing epi9 I am more involved in their love story and waiting patiently till HS will reciprocate the feelings that WS showing her.

I just cant imagine how warm - satisfactory that union would be ? how much happy WS will be after having his life with him by his side ? How HS will express her love for WS? What all he and she can do to prove their love is not the regular one (we have seen so far in other dramas) but the most appealing, warm, heart felt to make us fall for them even more by each passing second they will be together in each other's arms and hearts?

Lastly...the tragedy will be again on its way to part them (if it follows cver)..and i dont want to talk aboout it cause i'll cry buckets just by thinking what all can happen..so hope we will have a somewhat happy ending if not one perfect happy one....

Wow @bebebisous33 thank-you for pointing it out. I din realise until you pointed out. She really keep doing the opposite of evyone else. How true that every time she reacts is about the person she sees underneath. Nothing to do with appearance, face, scar or position. Thank-you for aanother amazing assessment.

And @KdramaSwimmer aww I can relate to you. Right now ML is the only drama I care to watch live. At the moment I couldn't immerse myself to really watch another drama. For those dramas that I have some interest I ended up only reading recaps and save them to watch later. I'm also watching reality shows that have LJG or IU. Cause seeing their faces reminds me of ML. Like you because theirs is a love that slow in forming or has formed but fakes time to deepen or realized, it makes it sweeter when it comes 

Someone else I forgot who mentioned about not understanding K audiences and ratings. Again although I still chk out their ratings I've long ago given up. But I take consolation that it is so well loved and received by international audience and also younger audience in Korea (the ML SHR clips were widely watched on Naver}. This thread alone for only 9episodes have generated over 12000posts (about 1300per epi). At this rate by the finale we would hit 26000posts. In Dramabeans, evy single week ML episde recap generated the most comments. It's really most talk about, commented, deliberated upon by those who watch. People like us aft watching each episode spend time combing thru this thread share our comments, ideas, assessments, ML philosophy. Some research more on original novel, Goryeo history, pick up clues from trailers. Some spend it on fanart, gifs, fmvs. So ML has really made an impact and it's far from being a flop. Most important I'm really enjoying it. We haven't reach half way point but the plot is thickening and we're heading to major WS-HS relationship moments, til then our fingers will be furiously typing away here..

• Like 21