[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

41 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I really hate it when people keep saying this show is messed up and badly edited blah blah. If the ratings are good would people make such comments?

I challenge those that made such comments to specify the specific scenes that they "mess up". To me the only unforgivable mistake they made was using rap n english lyrics as ost for a historical. 

Some folks had already said that many popular shows has bad edits. In fact many popular shows are so bad towards the end because they rushed thru the production. Recent example: another dimensional travelling show with an alphabet for a title.

Some of the high ratings show in recent years are all fluff to me. Including one film in Greece about a soldier n a doctor, the medical depiction was greatly criticised there.

And I like to illustrate my case with the situation between Jan/ Feb 2015 where it was Punch vs Healer vs Shine or go Crazy.

Which is a better drama? Who got the highest ratings thru out it's run? It was Punch. Does it meant the other two dramas were crap?

Think about it, ratings reflect Korean taste at a certain time depending on what they had been watching, what was going on in their real environment at that time. Ratings also doesn't take into Koreans watching online outside of the broadcast time.

So if you genuinely think the show is messed up

A) state where, when and how or 

B). Stop watching this show, why waste yr time on crap.

And most of all just think twice before posting a negative comment, because as it is we are all watching a drama for entertainment and need whatever support we get here.

I'm not even looking at ratings or comparing shows with others at the same time slot. Even if this show were having soaring ratings I would still comment about bad edits/poor song choices because the ratings don't negate these issues. It's like saying viewers who watch shows with high ratings only see the good things and are somehow blinded to the bad. 

Am I mistaken in thinking that soompi is a place where viewers can share their love for a show as well as point out what is lacking or can be approved upon in the show? I don't think majority of the people here are bashing the show for the sake of doing it. We're sharing our collective disappointment that the production team should have done a better job. It's fully pre-produced. The production team had more than enough time to work out the kinks and make sure the story makes narrative sense. The fact that there are 2 versions of this show is a perfect illustration that the original version desperately needs work. 

It is a fact that this show is badly edited, even if we don't compare it to other shows. Come on, that scene in episode 6 where Wang So defended Baek-ah from Wang Yo is clearly a cut from episode 4 where the princes arrived in time to see Hae-soo being punished by Yeon-hwa. It was a bit confusing to see why So suddenly reverted to his old clothes until you put those two scenes from different episodes together. Just by reading comments one can see that viewers felt that scene came out of nowhere in episode 6, despite it being necessary to explain why Baek-ah is suddenly comfortable enough to drag So around. Is that not testament to bad editing?

I'm not trashing the show for shits and giggles here. The reason why I am still watching this show despite the editing is because I still think there is a reason for me to watch it. 

• Like 13

i'm not yet heal from my feeling to Wang So then@LyraYoo i see your post Wang So hair bun style like that... :tears: i feel more sad again, realise that maybe it's true he will marry YH, how Hae Soo can handle her feeling.

I think next episodes will take us to many heart breaking feeling, first how Hae Soo handle her feeling to Wang So and Wang Wook then jealousy Wang Wook to Hae Soo-Wang So, also how Queen and YH will do conspiracy thing against Wang So-Hae Soo (if i'm not wrong YH will take seat beside Wang So when Hae Soo serving tea for them and CP). All this can give impact how Wang So will face people in palace with hate, anger feeling and revenge  :tears: 

@pwnkl i just read your post, omo..we had some similar thought, yes i think they will talk about political marriage and so on...

• Like 14

Guys I'm watching from drama fever so I'm missing those cut out scenes where can I watch with everything?

Not fair everyone should be watching the same thing why does sbs gotta make it complicated. Every scene is needed for me to make sense of this drama lol.

So far not complaining hehe just want to see everything because I love this show. 

• Like 7

Okay, I'm a bit confused about the versions... I saw somewhere on this thread that they said the Dramafever version of this drama is the original version that SBS airs in Korea but when I was reading Dramabeans comments, they said that it's the international version...? Which one is which? :blink:

About the kiss scene at the end of episode 9, was the raw version where WS forced kissed her and HS pulled away and they kissed the second time or was it just one straight kiss for episode 9?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, frostfire said:

This is because they filmed enough footage for more than 20 episodes. If they extended, they could include a lot of the scenes that failed to make the cut originally (aka 2 kisses in the international version vs SBS re-edited version; the scene showing how Baek-ah and Wang So became closer, etc) instead of trying to squeeze what they have into 20 episodes and therefore sometimes not making narrative sense.

The one time a show actually needs an extension and it isn't given...:angry:

For me they will not extend because of the low rating...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, arabela said:

I hope the korean writernim and korean gods love 4th price character and wont be so cruel with him! and wont give him such a realistic and pesimistic ending! But keep the beauty of their love!!! ... And, if there is no way to have a minimal happy ending, or an open one at least, just let him be with her when she dies!!!! I feel you can do it!!! 

Regarding this ...if there's a possibility that they do not favor the 4th prince character.....THEN WHO IS THE LEAD OF THIS DRAMA then? :blink:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, lirone said:

Sorry to cut your post

I came to unpleasent conclusion, that this drama would have sad ending. Why? It will be really hard to build strong love reletionship beetween main leaders. Too many misunderstandings, unforgetable actinos (So visions of future), or I have predictions that 8th prince would try to become king. (in order to save Hae So, protect her, free her from fear of 4th prince, dangerous future, he is also very ambitious - his marriage was to gain position), on the other hand there is 4th prince, who is already (not exacly intentionally) mixed in to the fight for the throne. If Hae So reject him, he would freak out (you can notice his obsessive nature in last 2 episodes). He will kill princes (because of jealousy, and prison 8th = death not enough, will torture him for long time) if he find out that hea so rejected him for 8th prince love. But the same for Wang Wook, he can not afford another love loss (death of his wife - he loved her just in simple calm way), that would totally crushed him, with his intelligence, he would do terrible stuff. If we try to see happy ending, Hae So must stay away from both 8th and 4th.

I also noticed, that ost in this drama are really meaningful. Usually in normal drama first ost, tell us with whom main lead will end up. And show us happy ending, but not this time. Although beautiful ost for you - exo (it only depicted love, but there are no words for good ending of this love). And even in 8&9 episodes only what we get (during the most meaningful romantic scenes of 4th and Hae So, we onle have 6th ost about urequired love)

Actually I have prepare myself for that (still....along with prayer that this drama will end with happy to our OTP)

At least if in the end it really sad ending than I won't get severe heart break. (I have love/hate relationship with open ending, because it's left unfinished feeling and the writer want us (the viewer) to finished that by our self, that sometimes is good but sometime is bad)

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Sorry to cut your post

Lastly, Wang Wook's love confession looked to me like a goodbye/farewell. First, before he joined Hae Soo, he sighed as if he was about to do something painful. He wasn't very happy to meet her, although he did the opposite. He hid his true feelings. Then when he gave her the present and told her later, he loved her, I couldn't help myself thinking of the episode 5, when lady Hae had died. He had waited, until she was about to die, when he wanted to tell her that he loved her. My feelings were: Wang Wook is doing it again, only this time, he is able to confess, however this is a break up, but noone will say it as such. She knew that her situation wouldn't change, she only asked him to wait, well aware that would not happen. 

In my opinion, Hae Soo has already started falling in love with Wang So. But the visions happened therefore she was so shaken. She had come to like and become attracted to wang So, when she saw that he would be the future Gwangjong. This was another reason why she was so scared. She had already feelings for him, but unlike Wang So, she is not aware of it yet, as she had this little romance with Wang Wook.

I second you (the underline)... I felt that too, they know their relationship is impossible but still tying to hang in the thin thread... So sad for them, but they not mean to be together (at least in this drama). And for the sake of drama (for the awakening bad Wook), they need to be separated...

8 hours ago, kriswu said:

Sorry to cut your post

Which is why, I have a wishful thinking. That when she decides to reciprocate his feelings, I want her to be the first one to initiate it... be it a hug, a kiss (kissing his forehead then his scar would be perfect), or simply a heartwarming confession like  "I love you"... something that he'll only hear from her. Because it was always So who's chasing her. I want to see her afraid. Afraid of losing him. It would be nice if she'll do it right after she sees him coughing out blood or when she learns that he did it for her. Gosh. Why do I love angst.

Anyway, thanks for reading. *back to being a lurker* hehe

Uh... that's would be absolutely perfect.

Actually I get butterfly and chilling effect more in the make up scene than in kissing scene (maybe because it's not a reciprocal), and make me want that more (ugh, I'm drooling right now because I remember that make up scene again)...

7 hours ago, MadraRua said:

I'm not sure what I just found, I've only skimmed it but I think this is an English translation of Bu Bu Jing Xin titled ''Love in the Forbidden City''. I was searching for a translation for the novel and came across it.

https://www.wattpad.com/70789583-love-in-the-forbidden-city

I think it's more based on the drama than the novel but as I say I'm not sure because I haven't read it fully yet. But it's worth checking out going by the first chapter especially for those of you who want a crash course in the original Chinese drama but don't have time to watch it.

To view the story you simply have to make an account at Wattpad which is quick and easy.

Enjoy mouse-girl-emoticon-31.gif

Thank's so much for this... I already add it to my library and begin to read it 

• Like 14

I just finished episode 9 and boy was that a ride... When I was watching Episode 8 and WS was chosen for the rain ritual, I was cheering, Yes Wang So! You go and make it rain so you can be accepted by the King and everyone else. I think it's pretty messed up that the people spit at WS at first because of his scar but when he came around the second time without his mask and his scar covered up, they accepted him... Sigh I guess that's how people can be sometimes....

The end of Episode 9 broke my heart especially the scene after WS left the family dinner. All he was looking for was for some acceptance from his mother for once in his life and in the end she still wanted to use him.. It broke my heart when WS was saying how what was he expect to happen and how he goes to Hae Soo after that? Hae Soo is the only person that accepts WS for who he is and isn't like his mother so I found it so symbolic that he went straight to HS after the family dinner. When HS pushed WS away towards the end though, I was like Nooo please don't do this to WS.. He already got pushed away by his mother... Then WS just swoops in with that forced kiss to HS. I mean I love WS and HS moments but I don't really believe in the forced kiss that WS did... I know how he feels at that moment but idk... :/ Some people were saying how the kiss is symbolic and represents stuff but I am not a huge fan on the whole forced kiss... (BTW when is the WS X HS ship going to sail?!?! HS still loves WW at the moment and I am wondering how she is going to end up stop loving him and start loving WS.)

All those visions HS is having about Wang So.... I hope they aren't true and it's just HS thinking too much about him being a cruel king.. I can't imagine WS killing Eun and his wife...!!!!! (Speaking of Eun, that scene with HS and him...omg, so sweet and heart breaking...) I know some people are saying that WS is truly gruesome and can be a beast but I kind of think otherwise. Just with his interactions with Hae Soo and with Baek Ah sometimes, he can be so sweet and geniune around them. It just makes you think that WS doesn't have to be that cruel person he was in the earlier episodes and he can actually be somebody who is kind and sweet. I don't know what to expect but I don't think WS will turn into that cruel person once again in the later episodes. I mean he is even willing to drink poison to save Hae Soo... That doesn't sound like a cruel and beast person to me... It's just that I've been reading alot of comments how WS is actually cruel and stuff but I don't know.. I can't imagine him doing all of that stuff... Maybe now that he has Hae Soo in his life, he won't turn back to that kind of person.. This is just my opinion though.

But I think we are getting into the good stuff next week~~ I want to see what the aftermath is of the kiss scene and what happens to WS and HS relationship... 

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

1) That's what I think too, especially there are two clues for me that proves that her fear of So is connected to her feelings, yet she is still unaware of it. The first clue is her gaze. We shouldn't forget that Wang So was upset, when he looked into her eyes at the end of the episode 7. He didn't like her look because what he saw were not what he wanted to see: he loved her and knew about his feelings, however when he confronted her, her concerned look made him realise that she wasn't reciprocating his feelings.

Hide contents

He had the impression, she was pitying him. But he never wanted to get pity, he wanted to see love in her eyes. When Hae So was about to start doing his make up, he asked her if she pitied him. In my opinion, he was still confused how to judge her behaviour: is it out of pity or love?

She denied that she was pitying him so that it gave him hope that love was the reason. Then just after finishing her work, she wants him to look at himself in the mirror.

Hide contents

Striking is that he is not looking at the mirror and at himself. He doesn't want to know how good her work is. He is already looking at her. I had mentioned in one of my previous comments that this zoom was supposed to be seen from Hae Soo's perspective. 

We see definitely see a handsome and attractive man. But this picture is also important because it reveals that Wang So keeps looking at her. His eyes haven't moved one bit. Why am I sure that he is still looking at her? Because just after, the director is zooming on Hae Soo's face as well. 

To me, this scene reminds me a lot of the scene at the end of the episode. The dynamic has changed: Wang So knows for sure that she is not doing it because she feels sorry and he is looking at her. This time, he doesn't say anything about her gaze and eyes. He is observing her the entire time. 

What he sees is Hae Soo's surprised face, but he also discerns something else. Since you describe Wang So as smart to which I agree, he is able to sense the difference from the look she had in the episode 7. He sees that she is feeling something for him. Like I said it before, she feels attracted to him in that moment and he realises it. Therefore he starts getting close to her and bending, repeating that she is his. This entire time, Wang So is observing her reaction and wants to know how far he can go with her. When he notices that she is paralysed and not ready, he announces her she has to prepare herself. He knows that she is feeling something towards him, but he knows that his feelings for her are much stronger than hers. So he will wait and pursue her.But he is very clear from the start, even before he starts bending towards her: 

Hide contents

He will do anything to have her.

As conclusion, this scene is really similar to the scene at the end of the episode 7 so that the viewer is able to catch the change in Hae Soo's feelings. Their relationship has moved to the next level. There is more than empathy towards Wang So... to me, she is really attracted to him. First, she liked him as a person as she had recognised his goodness. Now, she really sees him as a man. Wang So feels it too, but he notices that she doesn't love him like he does.  

Furthermore I mentioned a second clue and it is connected to the kiss scene. This time, the kiss scene from the international version was better because we see a little more from Hae Soo's reaction. She doesn't want to get kissed and she is pushing him away. She is struggling. Moreover, HaeSoo is hitting him with her fists, but at the end, she gives up. she stops using her fists, while crying. The question is: Does she surrender because of the strength he used? Or there is something else. In my opinion, she is gives in with the kiss because she feels, she doesn't hate it like she should and would like. The fact she is crying adds more to the complexity of her feelings. She is conflicted: how can she love such a man? Later, with the preview, we see her sad face and I have the impression, she is sad and rather passive because she feels conflicted. She doesn't know what to do. She shouldn't feel something for him, because he will become a terrible king. Interesting is that Wang So tells her on that beach that he doesn't care about the nature of her feelings: friendship or love. So in my opinion, with the kiss, he wanted to make sure that she stays by his side. He was so desesperate. In my opinion, he still doesn't care about the nature of her feelings for him because he has never had a friend or even a woman so that he is first content to have someone who likes him for whom he is. And when Wang So sacrifies himself for her (drinking the poison), that's the moment when she starts loving him and overcoming her fear.

2) Yet her struggle won't end there. She said to Eun that she will never accept that her man has another woman... and we all know that Wang So will get married to Yeon Hwa. I guess, she won't accept it first and she will push him away again. But we all know how Wang So is. When he has set a goal in his mind, he won't change his mind. This move would be similar to noble idiocy-ingredient, typical for a k-drama. Yet in her case, it does make sense. She is still a woman from the 21st century.

@Yongzura @evie7 @junee22 @valsava  @littleloony

Oh my! I read every word you said carefully without left any word behind. I'm about to think the same way as you did. It's just that I don't have the confidence to speak my mind. 

Girl! You the bomb!

• Like 16

Chinguuuuuu...

I'm suffering from sleeplessness due to overthinking whether or not So will turn bad guy. I'm afraid he'll be one because of the treatment he receives from Soo. I was really curious I checked historical Gwangjong on Wikipedia and regretting my decision because I'm getting more sleepless nights. 

(Dramagods, please don't turn So into a baddie...)

But as my mind wanders, this question and theories appear:

People of Goryeo now know So as the fourth prince whose scar has 'magically disappeared'. Therefore, this scar-less 'So' can be anyone/any scar-less prince who then use So's name in order to gain political support and people's favor, since the real So has saved them from drought. I deeply wish the premonition of the 4th killed all of his siblings would mean than all of the siblings will be known as 'dead' while they're living as a common people elsewhere... and my beloved Romeo and Juliet couple i.e. 13th and Woo Hee will live a happy ending life. And So will live. SO SHOULD LIVE!!!

#SaveSo 

• Like 13

I think the one thing that irritated me about ep 9 was the fact how distant, scared, and hypocritical Hae Soo was being toward Wang So. 

If we think back, when she was STILL confused on who would be GwangJong - her eyes went from one prince to the next. Even longer on WW. So, SHE KNEW that ONE of the princes would be the next king who killed his brothers. BUT she still talked, joked, and was VERY comfortable around them. Even in a relationship w/ WW. So just bc she has confirmed that GwangJong would be WS, she acted that way. I was just pissed about that. She told him that he could trust her, she wouldn't change. But all of that broke down. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, amisyka77 said:

i have to disagree with you. the writer did not mess up their story. it is a novel adaptation and this drama is following most of its essences. The female lead (hs) is in love relationship with the 2 nd lead (WW) at the same moment WS fell for her. Afterthat they broke up and she fell for WS after things happened...all this angst, misunderstanding between HS n WS in ep 9 is crucial for their future relationship.

Pls be patient and we will see HS will come to her senses and will love him back..this time stronger and deeper than her 'first love' with WW.

In fact i think she is already loving him subconciously but it is clouded by her infatuation with WW...loving WS is not as easy as loving WW with all of his ferocious and scary reputation... she is living with WW all this time where it is easy to meet and interact with each other. WW is being nice and gentle with her since she got teleported to goryeo. As for WS, they are like enemies. They met at some of the worst moments - he being rude and scary to her - pushing her off his horse, putting sword at her, threatening to kill her all the time etc. So it will take sometime for her 'head' to accept him (eventho her heart n being is actually giving lots of love signals towards WS).

Lets enjoy their story..but be prepare for sad ending as the novel depicted. I want a happy ever after ending for them too...if not in goryeo...at least in the 21st...lets pray the drama have some mercy on our OTP..and hearts.

Agree with you! And love all your conclusions about HS-WS situation! Yes, we must be patient and let the story to flow. HS IS IN SHOCK NOW! But I'm sure she's already falling in love with WS it is obvious! I think next week will be the main turn point for her feeling she is going to realize who she loves and for whom she feels only gratitude and admiration. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, amisyka77 said:

i have to disagree with you. the writer did not mess up their story. it is a novel adaptation and this drama is following most of its essences. The female lead (hs) is in love relationship with the 2 nd lead (WW) at the same moment WS fell for her. Afterthat they broke up and she fell for WS after things happened...all this angst, misunderstanding between HS n WS in ep 9 is crucial for their future relationship.

Pls be patient and we will see HS will come to her senses and will love him back..this time stronger and deeper than her 'first love' with WW.

In fact i think she is already loving him subconciously but it is clouded by her infatuation with WW...loving WS is not as easy as loving WW with all of his ferocious and scary reputation... she is living with WW all this time where it is easy to meet and interact with each other. WW is being nice and gentle with her since she got teleported to goryeo. As for WS, they are like enemies. They met at some of the worst moments - he being rude and scary to her - pushing her off his horse, putting sword at her, threatening to kill her all the time etc. So it will take sometime for her 'head' to accept him (eventho her heart n being is actually giving lots of love signals towards WS).

Lets enjoy their story..but be prepare for sad ending as the novel depicted. I want a happy ever after ending for them too...if not in goryeo...at least in the 21st...lets pray the drama have some mercy on our OTP..and hearts.

Yes dear, I actually share the same opinion with you and try to counter the negative sentiment that some feel after watching episode 9. Unfortunately there's a glitch in my soompi page that got it accidentally posted before I even begin to put a context and answer to these questions in my post. Please kindly take a look on my answer to those worried rant on my post above. Thank you so much, I really enjoy discussing this topic with you and yeah we should prepare our heart for the upcoming storm of conflict soon, let's cheer and enjoy this story together here :)

• Like 16