[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Surfing wiki so

CP will rule fm 943-945,  3rd Prince 945-949 and Wang So 949-975.

Wang So married his half sibling - Yeon Hwa? So far we have not seen much interaction between Wang So n Yeon Hwa. (Leejin's drama corner).

HS will be involved in the 3rd and 4th 'princes tussle' I suppose when WangJo became King? 

• Like 4

i'm really sorry if this has been brought up already, but did anyone catch if the hair pin that So gave to Soo in the preview is that same hair pin that So bought in the beginning of the drama for his "mom"? I just thought it would be cute if the hair pins were different since it shows that he actually went out to go shopping for a hair pin and i don't know why but the thought of him doing that makes me happy haha ~

• Like 17

5 hours ago, dramalove said:

i'm really sorry if this has been brought up already, but did anyone catch if the hair pin that So gave to Soo in the preview is that same hair pin that So bought in the beginning of the drama for his "mom"? I just thought it would be cute if the hair pins were different since it shows that he actually went out to go shopping for a hair pin and i don't know why but the thought of him doing that makes me happy haha ~

I think the hair pin is different...it is a cute idea though, Wang So shopping for different hair pin for Hae Soo, hehehee...but I personally think it also makes sense if Wang So gives the same pin for her mother Hae Soo. The way I see it, the hair pin was supposed to be a present, Wang So was attempting to bond with her mother; he tried to tell her that he still love her, in a way, despite her horrible treatment to Wang So. But since he didn't give it to Mother Yoo, he gives it to Hae Soo; it can be interpreted that Wang So is trying to tell Hae Soo that he loves her.

• Like 16

If I try to compiled reasons why many feel dissatisfied and completely baffled with how the story progress so far,one thing I find in common is it consistently root from our worries about the state of OTP relationship right now.

How dare the writer ruined the their beautiful bond? Isn't it supposed to be an epic love story? Why they depicted our OTP relationship that way? What in the world would happen now to their story?

Please ignore this post, it was unfinished, and kindly take a look on my answer to these questions on the next page. Thank you:)

Edited by bingewatcherinsomniac
Ignore this post please there's a glitch that made me click enter before I finished
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Hi, we're saying hello trough post from the first time right? :) KHN is jjang alrite. I especially like the way he sings in his movies and dramas. But he's a musical actor too, so there's no surprised there. I hope MLSH prod team will make an OST with him or him and IU. I think teir voice will complemented each other. 

My take on the bold part is:

Maybe her preminition can give us a clue. If HS premonition is right then there must be something wrong with the history in her future. That's why she gets sent back to Goryeo time to make it right like the history we've known. From the fact we knew WS is a hard ruler but he only killes one brother and several nephew (cmiiw. It's been so long and history is notbmy strength). Even Wook survived and his son later become King. 

See, maybe we've been looking it the wrong side the whole time. It was the history that was messy and need to be corrected, not the person. 

haru chingu @solelylurking ... khn started in musicals so he is a seasoned actor ... hopefully they include him in the OST ... wouldn't it be nice if we get a cut from ljk and iu too?  that would be daebak!  

as to why hae soo was sent back to goryeo, that is a question i ask myself ... was she randomly transported to goryeo because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or was it because in her previous life, she was actually a participant in shaping history as it is known in modern times ... that she was the reason for the conflict between wang so and his brothers which unfortunately led to bloodshed ...  i think that no matter how she tries to change history it would still end up as how it was written ... her actions even with noble intentions would still lead her to the same outcome ... unless she is marty mcfly :)

• Like 14

39 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Surfing wiki so

CP will rule fm 943-945,  3rd Prince 945-949 and Wang So 949-975.

Wang So married his half sibling - Yeon Hwa? So far we have not seen much interaction between Wang So n Yeon Hwa. (Leejin's drama corner).

HS will be involved in the 3rd and 4th 'princes tussle' I suppose when WangJo became King? 

I think WS and YH will marry because it was the King order

• Like 4

4 hours ago, briseis said:

Awwww, even when he is angry at Hae Soo and confused he is still looking at the night sky that reminds him of her and the Moon, the celestial body which brought her to him! I mean HE’S BEEN LIVING IN A FREAKING OBSERVATORY BECAUSE IT’S THE PLACE FROM WHERE HE CAN SEE BEST THE GORYEO STARS SHE LIKES SO MUCH! 

“Why did you close your eyes instead of taking a good look at me?”

“I thought you wouldn’t like it. Have I offended you?”

I knew it! I knew it, Baek Ah, that you were truly this awesome! You are the best brother and BBF So could ever wish for! How can you not like someone who manages to make Wang So smile?!

This is such a great moment of bonding and understanding between the brothers and I think that another reason why these two get along so well is because they are both little unconventional, very sensitive and perceptive. It’s obvious that BA is already sensing something is going on between So and Hae Soo after he sees So’s reaction when he stands up for HS. It’s both ironic and bittersweet, that something which So’s own full brother orchestrated to humiliate him actually turned into something good, which brought him closer to BA and strenghtened his bond with his half-brother. I love that we get to see the gradual development of their relationship because BA will become So’ best friend, closest ally and biggest supporter.

Even though they’re my feelings, I can’t figure out where they’re headed. No matter how much I try to change direction, it’s not working.” - Hae Soo

It really is true that a person's feelings are the most complicated. I feel upset with one person for seeing and upset with another for not seeing. I can’t figure out my feelings either. - Wang So

I expect two things will happen very soon - SO WIIL START TO KISS THE GROUND HAE SOO WALKS ON AND GIVE HER THE MOON (that very one he is staring at because we already know that he would do anything for her). HE REALLY DOES REMEMBER HER EVERY WORD! This is already the 3rd or 4th time he is either quoting her or referring to something she said to him - it’s as if he accepted her words as the ultimate truths of life he abided by - and you can see that it has turned into a habit by now; that Hae Soo has slowly but surely become an integral and indispensable part of his life.

I love the moments between WS and Baek Ah as well~ They get along so well and I love their bromance! I know you said that Baek Ah becomes WS biggest supporter and best friend, is this really true? I hope nothing happens to Baek Ah or WS does something to him because I love their moments together.. Does anybody know if WS does something bad to Baek Ah or do they become closer as the series moves on?

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, EstherW said:

I think my only complain about this show is that I have to spend twice the time to watch it!!

once for sbs, 2nd time for international!!

LOLX!

yes, though sometimes I enjoy it. It feels like a treasure hunt for searching cut scenes and eng subs xDD

I'm really praying for a release of dvd. I wish they would consider it, for the sake of international fans.

I guess we should wait, until further episodes, if knetizens tends to watch and tuned in during episode 15 or +, and realized what they miss, a probabilty for a dvd might get high.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The problem with Hae Soo is that she has not really experienced, how harsh life in the Goryeo period was.

(Sorry to cut your post)

This is exactly why.. I'm not complaining on how Ha Jin is acting as of now. and I said this before, she says she understand but she doesn't. The thing is, I can't blame her.. the idea was introduced to her heroically + the mere fact that she's transported back to the past is far-fetched enough for her mind to draw pretense presumptions, furthermore her mindset of the 21st century is as strong as her will to live.. surely there's a huge difference from having an image than actually dealing with it.. the reason why she's shaken to core. And the rest of your post, is just spot-on! :D

---

Can someone enlighten me, how will YH joining hands with the evil queen give them both advantage? There's just 2 things I think of:

• To get rid of Hae Soo, first So will lose his pillar.. it's a +1 for the queen, on the other hand Wook won't get distracted no more. <- I'm leaning to this.. but in the preview it says she'll change her plan, and be above. means she's no longer rooting for Wook to ascend the throne.. so what's the use of getting Hae Soo out of the picture? here comes the idea of political marriage..
  1. If she and So were to marry, what will she gain? I mean Yo is the next in line after CP and I bet she knew  that So isn't likely a candidate in mind by the evil queen.. yet So still isn't a powerful candidate.. he still uses Hae Soo's cosmetic skill to walk bare-faced.. just mean that he's still not entirely accepted.. or YH is just desperate not to lose So from Hae Soo? As likely seen in the preview both the sibling (Wook and YH) looks beyond jealous they are more like threatened and in desperation?

I've got a hunch, this scene.. were Wook followed Hae Soo and So.. My gut says this might be a major turning point (Me thinks that after So left, Hae Soo.. shown a romantic-behavior), why Wook looks so anxious and threatened in EP 8 & 9.  Coz why would they need to show us that Wook followed them.. for nothing? I mean to stick with his character.. He'll probably be lecturing Eun too, like CP and YH. (just a wild assumption tho)

89d64ea07b9c86d928649dd4276ed292.png

In regards of JM.. can't really catch the guy.. but to think of it, if the draw is rigged and So.. even the evil queen knows.. How come the King didn't say anything, why isn't he suspicious of JM?  is he really thinking of So as a plan B? or So is his A plan all along? Gawd the bloodshed and battle of thrones haven't started yet but I already got full of questions.. SHR is driving me insane. :sweatingbullets:

About the Eun and Seon Duk / Baek Ah and Woo Hee scene.. I don't think their scenes are irrelevant. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I read that Woo Hee uses dancing to enter the palace.. and of course she'll be connected with Baek Ah then to Soo..  so I think they're just laying the pieces like JM did for So. As for the newly wed, honestly I find it cute.. got no complain at all. But you know.. I thank Eun's scenes coz I get to see the bond between the brothers :wub: 

Spoiler

Look how worried the bros :rolleyes: (unfortunately for Yo he still need to do his job as a villain) and I even got to see 9th prince in a more positive light  :phew:

ezgif_com_crop_1.gifezgif_com_crop_3.gif

8954ff30b8075693e939e431a4431d8a.pnge6854b140a9acb101df2f5d611aaaa31.png

But my favorite scene over the bros will to: CP! with his brother-bear smile when So finally got close with the king :wub:

ff3d2cc3f2ee42e285d53854b8bd1dd7.png

Surely the game has already started Soo just made the first move with Wook's piece. :mellow: I think Wook is not that hungry towards the crown but because of Soo, he's finally taking off his sheep cloth. Nothing much to say about the kiss, I'm well appeased with all of you guys' interpretation to it.. but maybe until my next dose of re-watch, I'll be able to toss in my opinion with that =) .. now time to back read and be amazed B) with insightful analysis.

• Like 12

okay now i'm not saying this drama is mess up.. i'm saying because SBS edited their version we end up with two version of each eps... there are scene that if SBS included in first place people will understand it more.. what SBS try to do is to make it more LJG and OTP moment cause its the one that people like and its what i like too..

the flow and the story itself if its centered within OTP is great i mean there is storyline in it but other character not so much.. i'm not complaining about it but to be honest they should and could do a better job in unfold other character if they want to bring that much character they should have a storyline in it..

if i must say that this drama could have a better OST and a better editing... the storyline and plot is strong and interesting also the cast have amazing chemistry together...

well i'm really sorry if i offend anyone with my post.. i just stating my opinion and don't get me wrong i love the drama and most of all i loved our OTP... 

peace to all... :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Some of the high ratings show in recent years are all fluff to me. Including one film in Greece about a soldier n a doctor, the medical depiction was greatly criticised there.

And I like to illustrate my case with the situation between Jan/ Feb 2015 where it was Punch vs Healer vs Shine or go Crazy.

Which is a better drama? Who got the highest ratings thru out it's run? It was Punch. Does it meant the other two dramas were crap?

Think about it, ratings reflect Korean taste at a certain time depending on what they had been watching, what was going on in their real environment at that time. Ratings also doesn't take into Koreans watching online outside of the broadcast time.

So if you genuinely think the show is messed up

A) state where, when and how or 

B). Stop watching this show, why waste yr time on crap.

And most of all just think twice before posting a negative comment, because as it is we are all watching a drama for entertainment and need whatever support we get here.

Just some thoughts again. I second your comments in bold above too.  I don't think ratings/box office are the be all and end all of whether the production(movies included) is good or bad. It's just an indication of viewership and great for P/L and added reference. And also, everyone has their own different barometers which is heavily weighted by personal preferences. 

On forum comments, however i think negative feedback shouldn't be shut out. Why impose self-censorship as long as comments are made with sincerity and non-malice...  everyone has their perspectives and be respected and also be respectful.

Many here are very eloquent, expressive & intelligent viewers. Any flippant , nonsensical or out to stir shXX, non crowd-pleasing comments will be largely ignored. Really ? do we need to substantiate our non-conforming opinions in this informal forum, do we really need to list down the dos and donts? do we really need to shut out 'genuine' comments albeit it's going against the 'supportive' sentiments ? I personally think its great to have a thread participated by the supporters and sincere non-supporters.  Always good to have a voice of reason nearby isn't it? 

Live and let live... its just merely entertainment ultimately (no need to get so worked up ). Save your fighting spirit for the real world! :)

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I really hate it when people keep say ing this show is messed up and badly edited blah blah. If the ratings are good would people make such comments?

I challenge those that made such comments to specify the specific scenes that they "mess up". To me the only unforgivable mistake they made was using rap n english lyrics as ost for a historical. 

Some folks had already said that many popular shows has bad edits. In fact many popular shows are so bad towards the end because they rushed thru the production. Recent example: another dimensional travelling show with an alphabet for a title.

Some of the high ratings show in recent years are all fluff to me. Including one film in Greece about a soldier n a doctor, the medical depiction was greatly criticised there.

And I like to illustrate my case with the situation between Jan/ Feb 2015 where it was Punch vs Healer vs Shine or go Crazy.

Which is a better drama? Who got the highest ratings thru out it's run? It was Punch. Does it meant the other two dramas were crap?

Think about it, ratings reflect Korean taste at a certain time depending on what they had been watching, what was going on in their real environment at that time. Ratings also doesn't take into Koreans watching online outside of the broadcast time.

So if you genuinely think the show is messed up

A) state where, when and how or 

B). Stop watching this show, why waste yr time on crap.

And most of all just think twice before posting a negative comment, because as it is we are all watching a drama for entertainment and need whatever support we get here.

it's all about perception ... low ratings = lousy drama ... i bet these detractors just yap without any basis ... i doubt that they watched the drama otherwise MLSHR wouldn't have dismal ratings ... in addition, just because a drama raked stellar ratings doesn't mean they are good ... i can count from my fingers and toes all those hyped dramas that did well in the ratings game but are just your typical recycled story lines devoid of creativity and if you are lucky you'll get makjang on the side ... and as they always say, ahjummas have control of the remote ... and unfortunately that is what counts ... if there should be any consolation, MLSHR achieved 1 billion hits in youku ... and LJK's IG followers has increased significantly since MLSHR started ... even if the drama did not receive much love in its own country, they have been appreciated by the international audience ... 

• Like 11

good morning everyone :))

till yesterday I was trying to avoid reading about C-novel and C-drama, but with all these references I give in and read something about C-novel ..... Bad choice!!!! .....

I was feeling that it will be a tragic love, I make peace with this. I suspect that there will be a clash between their mentalities, that for her his political decision to purge his enemies will be too cruel , that he will not be able to make other decisions just because of her. That he will eventually find out about WW and will break his heart. I was thinking about their breakup. I was thinking even that she will die and maybe there will be not reincarnation thing. I even wrote about.  I wasnt expecting a happy ending, but  ... man!!! that kind of ending - I wasnt rexpecting .....!!!  ..... It didnt suprise me later to find out that  the 4th prince wasnt the favorite prince for  the novel's writer. And that his love wasnt her ideal . She cleary, as she said,  didnt like him!!!! OMG!!! she even said she treasured the ending she wrote for the novel more than drama ending, which is an open one!!! 

But I like the idea of the letter and its contain. Hope it will in this drama too! and that their love, each one's love, remain strong and deep till the end!!!! I like the love's gestures she creates!!! No wonder it was such a popular novel!!! 

I hope the korean writernim and korean gods love 4th price character and wont be so cruel with him! and wont give him such a realistic and pesimistic ending! But keep the beauty of their love!!! ... And, if there is no way to have a minimal happy ending, or an open one at least, just let him be with her when she dies!!!! I feel you can do it!!! 

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

I really hate it when people keep say ing this show is messed up and badly edited blah blah. If the ratings are good would people make such comments?

Editing is very important because it helps give the flow to the story line and character development. It is similar to reading a good novel or a bad novel. You might like the idea/concept and you really want the show to be good. You can see the cast doing an EXCELLENT job in acting. The music is also very good.. 

basically you have top quality ingredients to make a good cake, you have an excellent chef but the person in charge of decorating it does quite do it properly. So you have something that looks very unappetising but tastes really good!

• Like 20