[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

14 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Can someone provide a translation for the make up scene? I want to know what Hae Soo was saying to him before she gave him the list...

I'll try my best, please correct me if I translated something wrong. I only translated the scene where she applies the make up to Wang So.

Hae Soo : "You have to apply thoroughly with the brush, like filling the scar in order to make it look less distinct from the skin. Flat the tip of the brush before using it."
Wang So : "Are you telling me to do this myself because it's inconvenient for you to help me?"
Hae Soo : "It will be more convenient if you know how to do it yourself."

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

First, we have to wait for people in Korea to volunteer for the team. Then, they'll open a web cafe on Daum to gather fan support while also contacting the producers and decide on a distributor to actually produce the DVD/BD. What the fans need to do is to somehow (the specifics will be determined by the team) express interest in purchasing the product once it comes out. Be warned that the price is really steep (over $200 for DVD and $300 for BD if you factor in international shipping) because they only produce what they think they can sell. Normally once the initial interest shows over 1000 (or more, depends on the producers/network), they'll decide to go for it and start working out the specifics such as what special features to include, what kind of interview questions to ask, what extra stuff like photobook and poster/postcards to include, etc. The team of fans will communicate what the fans want, the distributor will contact the relevant copyright holders and the major actors' agencies for permission or scheduling commentary/interview recordings, etc., and work on finalizing the specifications. Then they'll take pre-orders, and this is where it gets crucial. The pre-order sale volume has to meet a certain minimum (usually 1,000 copies each) for this to go through. If not enough people do the pre-order, this whole thing will get canceled. If it does get canceled, your money will be refunded. The whole process takes several months. For example, I helped with Healer, which aired in December of 2014, and the DVD/BD came out in July of 2015. The team constantly communicates with the rest of the fan community with images of the product package, teaser trailers of commentary/interview, etc. along with any updates.

Hopefully this pans out ... this is one of the dramas worth investing on a DVD or blu ray box set ... @ruizaio contributed to the making of the Healer DVD and thanks to her and the team, we still enjoy re-watching the drama ... and we got a lots of goodies too ... to me, Healer is the best DVD package among my collection ... price was steep but all worth it ... hope we get enough people to sign-up as soon as we get word that this is a go ... perhaps we should do a rain ritual and do a rain dance shaking our bootie ('ala KHN in ep 7 BTS (02:00)) to make this happen for MLSHR too ... 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Can someone provide a translation for the make up scene? I want to know what Hae Soo was saying to him before she gave him the list...

if u backread, the sub video is somewhere on this thread between page 555 to 590, i just dun know where now.:P

@GlamGlitzy i think that vid is from the intro documentary about the drama, where they tried to explain the background.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Unfortunately, I have only seen these come out with English subtitles only for the episodes. The Iljimae BD is a rare exception where they promised to subtitle the commentary/interview if it's sold enough. I suppose if enough international fans demanded for subtitling special features, they may consider...? But I don't know about other languages. I don't think it's likely to happen.

I figured English would be the basis (which is good because it's the only language i know), but probably Chinese (or audio, however it's being released in China) considering its mass popularity and success. But that's encouraging anyhow to hear there's a possibility for English Subtitles to be included.

• Like 10

I have been trying to get a better understanding of HaeSoo s feelings and why she reacted the way she did .From being a girl who comforted him by saying that she understands that he has to kill in this age to survive -To being a woman who is terrified of him even though she is already aware of his deeds was a little unsettling . initially I felt she was overreacting and poor WS was getting shafted again . Then I went back to the beginning and watched all the episodes all over again ( not too much of a sacrifice if I may say :) ) this is what my take on HS s reactions are . In the beginning she was not at all affected by WS and she had no emotional connection with him. She never went in search of him to help or took the effort to understand him . She was her usual friendly self as she was to everyone and helped him without thinking too much of it . Like she helped 14th prince. But now she has that deep connection with him. She has felt pained for him and somewhere though she has not realized it he affects her deeply. That is why the extreme shock on realizing that the man whom she feels a kinship with is the ruthless king of the future. Also if her premonition had shown either of the other princes as the future ruler she may have got worried but never would have had such an extreme reaction. tHis reaction is purely for WS unfortunately for him. What is a little depressing is that this realization seems to have snuffed the life out of her spirit and she looks dull and miserable in all the teaser pics and videos:( WS fell in love with girl who was not afraid of him and stood upto him. It will be sad if that girl never comes back ...

• Like 19

2 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

finally finished episode 8 with sub (again late) and my ramblings are as below ( beware its gonna be a long long post)

scene#1 lady oh saves HS from queen with reason that king has knee problem after rain ritual but we see king in pain while bowing during rain ritual afterwards, just thought this scene could have been added prior to lady oh and queen's encounter. 

scene#2 while all princes putting their names for rain ritual ballot what WS said was so in sync with how he will pursue HS.  Ws says:

Rain does not happen because of rain ritual but we do rain ritual till rain occurs. we cant move heavens but we can do to show it that way.

in similar fashion he will keep on wooing - pursuing HS till she finally showers rain of her love on WSs love starved soul. and at the same time it will prove WS does not know how to back off once he sets his eyes - heart on somethig. That will again shows how he will pursue the throne to have it, to attain the power.

Scene#3 As soon as WS enters the altar hurt mentally and physically he looks at everyone and finally his eyes rest at HS and she looks at him briefly before turning her head down and then WS looks disappointed (or hurt.. couldn't read that expression) he himself told her I hate ur look so might be the reason she had to look away to not to make him feel anymore embarrassed.

Scene#4 YoYo talking abt how WS was selected by king n JM and not by heavens so I can say King is on WSs side to be next king after CP. 

Scene#5 makeup session... woww I have watched this scene already 20 times and still when I watched it gets too hot here... what I like the most WS opening his eyes in between and staring at her face then closing again.. without any words this moment stole my heart completely. Followed by my fav desperate hug.. I loved WSs words there and his attempt to kiss.. but I dint feel he was all in for kiss but rather felt he was giving her hint that she is his and he can show his authority physically like kissing her. His eyes was opened all the time and observing her face so closely and ehen he felt she is quite shocked he let her go.

Scene#6 The most important and prominent scene for me was where WS (after his transformation) gets down of palaquinin and people bow down seeing his face without mask (and scar). This scene was so well written showing how that world is no different than now in Judging someone on the basis of how they look on outside instead of who they are inside. And WSs tiny sarcastic smile does prove the same how he found it amazing (in negative way) same people were throwing stones on him a day back and now all set to see him as Son of dragon just cause he looks without scar now.

Scene#7 I have to compare HS-WW scene at their hideout and at the rain ritual. WWs eyes light with stars and he has smile as bright as day of bright sunlight and I was falling for him badly there in washing hole..lol..

in rain ritual scene... he had his smile while looking for HS but it was fading out gradually when he observed her looking at WS and finally his face was as gloomy as those black clouds above WSs head when he figured out HS could be (or he figured out she is) behind WSs scarless (beautiful - gorgeous) face. I dont know why I get a hunch that this man will turn much more possessive than WS. He couldn't even survive the look WS-HS exchanged (i am not sure if he saw the look exchange or just HS looking at Ws) during ritual. I can surely speculate he can bring hell out of his goodness and can turn the evilest version of himself to give WSs so far dog wolf image run for its money.  (and as its abt Wook.. i have to call Wookie fangirl to add more if miss to observe @solelylurking.. chingu ya...wookie is all urs to analysis now..)

scene#8 HSs flash of WS as Gwanjong... I am planning to write one analysis solely on flashes and how it works. so will write is sometime this weekend. 

i am not at all good in writing but always have so many thoughts running in my head almost all the time so just tried again if it all could make a sensible and understandable post for you all.

thank you very much for reading till end and hope this was not boring....

Hei girl.. I came at your humble service, your highness.. Hahaha

At scene 5, I think initially WS wanted to kiss HS but backed out because he saw how rigid she was. Remember, WS knew HS as 16 years old girl and came from a noble family. A teenager. He wasn't persuing further because he thought she had cold feed and not adjust to persue so straight forwardly no matter how tomboy and chirpful she was. You can see his little smile of understanding in the end. 

About uri Wookie? You're spot on. That's why I said he had a complex with things or person that is his. He always do the right thing and never take another person belonging so It's nit right for another to take his in any manner he doesn't approve. Right now HS is his, a person he loves the most. You can see how deep his feeling is when he saw HS he immediately smile with a thousand bulbs. HS didn't ask his permission to do WS's face. Will he approve if she did? Nope. With a deep love often comes a humongous jelousy. That's what it's all about at the beginning in that rain ceremony. His smile died when HS giving WS undiverted attention (cmiiw. There's so many happening today, my memories kinda buzzy). She was looking another man. Then he put together one and two pretty quickly when he saw WS's face. Can you imagine how he feels? All his life there's a burden to become king from his family but WS snatch a good opportunity to be a step closer to that (he didn't do anything to make it happen though. Classic now Wook) but his girfriend was helping to make it happen too? And HS have to touch WS's face in order to do that. He must be boiling inside. 

That's why he became visibly dark in front of the rain and his words has double meanings. But he still hide it all away in front frantic HS. He tried to calm her down, tried to talk another subject with her. If he can hug her at that moment, he will. If you don't call that love, then what? 

I'm waiting for your post on premonitions then. :)

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@LyraYoo @Mona Ys @solelylurking  @uuugogirl  

I just dont understand how IU can be so young, innocent looking but at the same time give out the sexy vibes? she wasnt doing  much in the cosmo spread, but the effect of her with LJG and KHN just ends up smoking.

She brings out something in those guys. :wub:

I would like to say 'that's why KHN looks like a puupy in love' but I will refrain myself considering past posts (but I already write it anyway. Sorry not sorry). 

IU have that lolita look, isn't she? Maybe that's why her past tittle track called that way. I love her look and how it can change accordingly. She can be innocent and young, bubbly and friendly, hot and sexy, or just plain sassy (like her drama with Cha Tae Hyun). With different make up and attitude, comes different IU. 

And the Knetz say she can act? They should be force to see Na Eun in Cinderella and the four knights. All I see from eps to eps is the same face and expression. Sorry to Na Eun fans but that pretty girl can't act.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, lovedrama11 said:

I have been trying to get a better understanding of HaeSoo s feelings and why she reacted the way she did .From being a girl who comforted him by saying that she understands that he has to kill in this age to survive -To being a woman who is terrified of him even though she is already aware of his deeds was a little unsettling . initially I felt she was overreacting and poor WS was getting shafted again . Then I went back to the beginning and watched all the episodes all over again ( not too much of a sacrifice if I may say :) ) this is what my take on HS s reactions are . In the beginning she was not at all affected by WS and she had no emotional connection with him. She never went in search of him to help or took the effort to understand him . She was her usual friendly self as she was to everyone and helped him without thinking too much of it . Like she helped 14th prince. But now she has that deep connection with him. She has felt pained for him and somewhere though she has not realized it he affects her deeply. That is why the extreme shock on realizing that the man whom she feels a kinship with is the ruthless king of the future. Also if her premonition had shown either of the other princes as the future ruler she may have got worried but never would have had such an extreme reaction. tHis reaction is purely for WS unfortunately for him. What is a little depressing is that this realization seems to have snuffed the life out of her spirit and she looks dull and miserable in all the teaser pics and videos:( WS fell in love with girl who was not afraid of him and stood upto him. It will be sad if that girl never comes back ...

I agree, after watching ep 9, I was also confused why she's being "overly terrified" and your explanation makes sense :) I've also started watching the chinese version and so far the korean ver is doing a good job on breaking away from the cver, though some are still the same it's really interesting how the kver is doing its own thing. Though I agree with you that it will be heartbreaking if that Soo that WS fell in love with never comes back. I can't wait for the the next eps and hopefully they get more support in Korea, I mean I can just imagine the hardwork they put through for this drama. Anyways, I think we should mentally/emotionally prepare ourselves for the coming eps since it looks like we're in for the ride - the pace is really fast and I'm sure there are going to be a lot of ups and downs. Yay! 

As for the DVD I wonder if the fact that YG and NBC Universal produced this drama will affect the production of the dvd. Since they're reaching for international audience, I think (well I hope) they're definitely going to produce a dvd for Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. 

*Ever since this drama aired it got me reviewing my history and Korea's history lol*

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I would like to say 'that's why KHN looks like a puupy in love' but I will refrain myself considering past posts (but I already write it anyway. Sorry not sorry). 

IU have that lolita look, isn't she? Maybe that's why her past tittle track called that way. I love her look and how it can change accordingly. She can be innocent and young, bubbly and friendly, hot and sexy, or just plain sassy (like her drama with Cha Tae Hyun). With different make up and attitude, comes different IU. 

And the Knetz say she can act? They should be force to see Na Eun in Cinderella and the four knights. All I see from eps to eps is the same face and expression. Sorry to Na Eun fans but that pretty girl can't act.

I'd like to response to your comment about IU, I'd put it in spoiler since I don't think it has to do with Moon Lovers.

Auuugh...I don't know why, but my ears turn sour every time I hear the word 'lolita' since her blown up scandal about her latest album. Not to mention that album was sooo good, but because of that overblown forum post, she didn't get any awards for it. Uuuugh!! I'm angry on her behalf! But it's a known fact that she has apologized for her 'too open for interpretation' lyrics, and no matter how harsh the netizen comments about her supposedly 'lolita tendencies', she has developed a thick skin towards them a looong time ago, now she has rose above those scandals. I truly applaud her for that!

About her acting in Moon Lovers, I've said this before, I agree she's not a strong actress...yet. That doesn't mean she can't act though, oftenly her drama co-stars are just too good, making her acting pales in comparison. I think if she took more dramas and variety of roles, she can be one heck of an actress. Also as much as I agree with you, I think we shouldn't drag another actress from another drama to this discussion, I'm afraid if someone will take this the wrong way and thought that Moon Lovers fans are petty... :tears: Sorry if I offend you, it's just my opinion though... :tears:

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, taehumama said:

HS : You have to apply thoroughly with the brush as if to fill the scar in order to make the scar look less distinct from the skin. Make the tip of the brush flat before using it.

WS : Are you telling me to do this myself because it's too much of a hassel for you to help me?

HS : it will be more convenient for you to know how to do it yourself.

WS what's this ? Make-up recipe...

HS: As men often put make-up on in Goryeo it may not be that noticeable anyway, but if at all possible, make it as close to your skin color. You can adjust the color using blush or adzuki bean powder.

WS : Why have you become so different ?

HS: what ?

WS : what happened to the tomboy that argued with me word for word? You've become too docile.

i didn't see this scene, which episode is it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, shiraru said:

About her acting in Moon Lovers, I've said this before, I agree she's not a strong actress...yet. That doesn't mean she can't act though, oftenly her drama co-stars are just too good, making her acting pales in comparison. I think if she took more dramas and variety of roles, she can be one heck of an actress.

I am with you regarding her being an actress... as being there in front of such par excellence actors like LJK - KHN she can surely make her presence felt be it whatever scene you observe. I never found her acting ability doubtable not in ML or in her previous shows.

She only needs more such roles to polish her acting to make it better by each new show she takes.

And people who says she cant act, can they even stand in front of camera can act even 1% of what she is doing.. i guess they will stutter and shiver in front of camera.. so need not to judge her on others view rather how she acts in our drama..

• Like 15