[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, berny said:

That's why I was thinking how could something so very "important" and "crucial" as that just be based on her vague, uncertain recollection of what the actual History is all about.   Couldn't she have asked herself ..."am I 100% sure of what I'm accusing him of? " before she truly judge him

we will find out the answers on that on the upcoming episodes... surely it will answers our questions.,,,, me too im eager to know what will happen to her being judgmental on WS.

9 MINUTES MORE TO GO

• Like 5

Annyeong yeorobun! I want to comment on some of the feedback provided on episode 8. There were so many great posts...in fact, I've likely missed a lot of good insights because it's truly hard to keep up now with the thread moving 24/7.  

@brielover  Thanks so very much for your post. The etymology of Go Ha Jin/Haesoo, the mythology behind the foundation that is Goryeo...all of it resonated with me and it was as if missing blocks were clicking into place. If our writer is anything like the authors I've read, then I truly believe she did consider much of this when drafting MLSHR.  Most of the symbolism is all there, and I truly do love the way that @bebebisous33 was able to connect the dots between the information you provided, and what's unfolded so far within the story. I loved this drama without knowing all of that, and I appreciate it even more after reading both of your insights and analyses.

LOL...so I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I really liked practically EVERYTHING about how the drama unfolded in episode 8. 

I'm glad that we're finally starting to see interaction between Eun (10) and Soon-duk. The latter is such a shy tomboy, but I truly find her likable. And let's face it, Eun will need a strong partner since he's lacking in so many areas. Hopefully as he falls in love with her, she'll inspire him to be more of a man. 

Am so very glad that Haesoo and Lady Oh have developed a bond because Haesoo has really needed a confidante and supporter, other than the princes, especially after becoming separated from Chae-ryung. She'll need someone who is looking out for her in the coming episodes as evil Queen Yoo attempts to use Haesoo to manipulate Wangso...and perhaps Wook as well.

Just as I'm glad Haesoo has Lady Oh, I'm equally glad that Wangso has Baek Ah (13). Haesoo and Wangso's situations are very similar in that they have very few people they can count on. It's nice to know neither are truly alone. We all know that Haesoo can count on 13, 10 and 14 among her supporters (this is in addition to CP, 8 and 4), but palace politics and decorum being what they are, Lady Oh was right that those alliances can ultimately prove to be dangerous. The exchange with Queen Yoo and Prince Yo, and the bullying that Haesoo received from the other court ladies were prime examples of that.

Just as I loved the heart wrenching scene when Haesoo did Lady Hae's makeup one last time and all of the emotions it generated, I loved the intimacy and the vulnerability displayed when Wangso allowed Haesoo to trace his scar and then cover it up. For me, HS' extremely close proximity to WS worked because it was symbolic of the bond between them drawing them closer and closer to one another. We know HS has an innate desire to help people. I think that may be part of the reason why she hasn't yet recognized that her connection with So is different from others...including Wook. 

So onto the topic of Haesoo's reactions in the last quarter of the episode. As 3rd party observers who are privy to spoilers and knowing that she is fated to be with 4, I think many of us might be a bit too harsh regarding Haesoo's reactions. When Wangso declared his feelings for her after the makeup scene, her resulting shock was understandable. Freezing, just as she did, is common. Many of us would like to think we would act differently, but in real life, many of us fail to do so. And believe me when I say there are likely a few of us on the thread who have experienced the same thing (freezing and not acting, I mean). Haesoo might be the 34 or 24 Ha Jin inside (both ages have been referenced in some of the background), but she should be about 17 or close to 18 in this scene (yes..they've suggested that amount of time has passed by). Sorry for going geeky on everyone but while her mind may be older, her body's reactions are that of her physical age, not her mental age. You can liken it to muscle memory. Your body is used to things it performs over and over again, but for anything new, the body just doesn't know how to react. For Haesoo, all she knows is that she feels comfortable with this man, thus the reason she didn't move away.

Her reaction to her revelation that 4 is Gwangjong…. Yes, I'm also one who sees her reaction as a revelation and not a premonition at all. Production is limited in their options as to how to convey revelations or recollections. Since this is a big one, I guess I can see why the director chose a dark and dramatic reveal. In regard to Haesoo's recollection of history, we've already been told she doesn't remember much. For those of us who are doing a lot of analyzing on the thread, that's actually a big clue. HER RECOLLECTION REGARDING GWANGJONG COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG. I know there are some of us who think her memory could and should be better, but we already know Haesoo’s mind works a certain way...in the same way a lot of us have different thinking patterns based on things like dominant left-brain, right-brain usage, our priorities, the rate at which each of us grasps things…or not.  This is the character the writer and director are giving us and she’s not likely to change any time soon. This is Haesoo, as she’s been represented.

I’m very much like the rest of you. I don’t want to see Wangso hurt more after all that he’s been through. But like Haesoo, he’s a flawed human being. There are moments when he acts without hesitation, and most of those moments seem to happen with Haesoo because he feels so comfortable with her. The kiss we’re about to see in episode 9 is likely forced…but force is a strong word. He kissed without asking. It happens in real life too. Since we know they’re fated (and we’ve seen ahead because of the many teasers that have been shared with us), we can rest assured that he’ll recognize he needs try a different approach with her.

And hey…if we’re going to cut Wangso some slack for the kiss, we need to cut Haesoo some slack for hurting him a little. Cause seriously…what do we expect her to do instead? Think slowly and rationally just like he did when he kissed her? She needs time just like he does as she already has a pre-existing loyalty to Wook AND she’s also under the impression that she may love him. If she didn’t push Wangso away, then she would indeed be knowingly crossing a line.

Anyway, let’s all just sit back for episode 9 and enjoy the ride. Let’s trust our characters to be like real people…to learn and grow through their experiences. Cause we already know in the end they will. They’re destined for an epic romance, and if we knew exactly what path they were taking to get there, wouldn’t it then be a bit boring for us? 

• Like 18

4 hours ago, tanaqvi said:

Weird.

Being kind to a beast and taming the beast makes you responsible for tamed. Is she THAT terrified to make him desperate and broken, to make him other from smiling? She does vice versa, she does all things worse, for WS her behavior may trigger becoming "arr angrrrry qwanchong".

makeup scene good, except one very big mistake. Very. Big. Mistake

Originally, she is 34. So WHY would she stay as marble statue? in more real ways, subtle and tender kiss happens when WS opened his eyes, every woman can tell that was great hot sexy moment with minds blown  roof on fire, there must have been little hot hurrying mess storm with kisses. WS is absolute confiding tender and sexy that moment, to loose control with him even for a moment. That is no question ww far to WS in that kind of scenes. I DO NOT believe her playing that scene as a girl of 21 century. Was that IU or director? Or such things are censored?

Later she might be sorry or confused, but then - no, if only she was living breathing healthy girl that moment

Looking at her behavior I give sympathy to WS, at his place I would feel surprised and frustrated with her sudden change, at least she must give him proper explanation of her actions, being ready to talk back - being ready to ALWAYS talk to him as true 21 century girl. WS may be thinking he hurt her somehow, he is not aware of her thoughts.

and a few words to kinda jentleman ww. 1000 years there is in common to have few spouses, coming of one family. In china and countryies with similar law, as coreyo was too, reach girls took little sisters, far relative girls, servant girls together to fiances house. They may have become wife's of nurses to children, help to housekeeping, AND IT WAS COMMON PRACTICE WW IS LIVING TO. Probably MH being Ill was the reason hae clan sent HS to ww household as a change and help to meong hee, and new potential spouse to WW, HE KNOWS THAT FOR SURE, that's how his world works 

After lady MH death WW must send proposition to hae clan immediately, he did not. In scene YH and him talk to hae uncles about soo marriage - he does not oppose AT ALL!!! He listens, not proposing himself that moment, only worries of age and sons, and clan name of fiancé 

WAEEEEE??? Who is to blame Hs's social status wasn't  clear after MH death? 

Mixed feelings, talking in general

i have to return to work now, but still I will read all your posts later! 

How did she become 35... I'm sorry but where did you get this info?
She is actually in her 20's before she was transported to Goryeo. In Goryeo she was 16 or 18.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, You mean this one. Since General PArk is with him, I suspect, it happens after Eun is married to his daughter.

From my point of view, Mu and Eun are already dead but I am not sure. 

i think the two pictures are two different scenes cause the first picture Baek is not dressed in warrior gear but the second he is.

• Like 2

Hi friends! Reporting for duty, stream is up and running and hopefully my internet connection stays stable.

I too love the relationship between the General and his daughter...and in case I haven't said it enough, I am loving the bromance brewing between 4th and 13th...please show us more of this stuff Show!! Like many others I'm not crazy about Hae Soo being so terrified of So..but I'm going to take a leap of faith here and wait and see what the writers have in store for us. (gulp)

ALSO RAIN RITUALS FOR THE RATINGS TO INCREASE OR NOT DIP AGAIN!! I am determined to enjoy the show regardless, but for the cast and the crew hopefully the trajectory keeps heading upwards! MLSHR FIGHTING! 

• Like 14

12 hours ago, hiluna said:

Interesting reading. I feel like I am back at school trying to interpret a piece of Shakespeare's work. If your analysis is right and the mythology of the river god's daughter played a part in the writer's mind, then I feel this drama's story is even better than the original Chinese novel.  However, I doubt that the writer of MLSHR had such intricate complexities to the plot in mind.  Too bad, it would make a good literary piece of its own and not an adaptation of the C-novel.  

Well, the writer must have done a lot of  historical research in order to adapt the chinese novel to the Korean History. Sure, we can't be sure how deep the writer went. Yet, all the scenes are full of details and in my opinion, the director and the writer paid a lot of attention to the details. I don't think, it is random that 9th is always saying inappropriate things but he is also shown as a passive witness while playing along with Yo. Therefore this drama is really good in my opinion because the characters are weel developped and contain a lot of details.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, sarasona said:

Anyone know the ratings???.. thy worked so hard for 6 months. But it seems like it was not hit in korea...

They should consider this forum to see which is more successful among int audience

I believe there was an increase in ratings for yesterday's ep but it is still sadly single digit.

I believe this drama is really popular overseas but locally i can understand why the appeal isnt that great cause sadly the drama's editing isnt done to well in my opinion. but here is to hoping they are almost middle so i am hoping later down we will see an increase.

• Like 6