[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, liddi said:

From the international version, it would appear that rather than just compassion for his plight, Soo's core motivation for helping So with the concealer stemmed from hoping that it will rain and thus enable her to leave the palace. The SBS version, on the other hand, is edited to indicate that Soo's actions were purely the result of her compassion for him. Which then makes me wonder how much more the two versions would diverge going forward. If this keeps up, I think I will need to hold a rain ritual of my own to pray that somewhere in the near future both versions finally converge into the same once more... :sweatingbullets:

I think this show is making me a bit schizo. 2 versions that give slightly different vibes. If the 2 versions can combine - perhaps we would get 25 episodes! 

Anyway, I hope that there is a good reason for Hae Soo's reaction in the preview. Her reaction is too drastic. Think most of us feel hurt for So - he is not asking for the sky - just someone to love and whom loves him back in return. The script writer is not making sense at the moment. What would make Hae Soo flip the switch for her feelings from Wookie to So? 

Edited by Akiddo
  • Like 9

I've seen the vid where Hae Soo blurted out to Wook to avoid WS at all cost because he can kill all of them. So here's my take. You can add or disapprove, it's fine by me. 

I think rather than it was the turning point of HS to break up with Wook because he can't keep his promise, it was the turning for Wook to seek and take the power in order to save HS from WS. You can see the change in his eyes at the end. You can also hear that his voice is as shaken as HS. It's understandable. His lover, the one he loves the most, shaken in fear and tears. It's enough to make any guy to want to take action. That will make the race for the throne starts secretly. 

What interesting is.. HS didn't say that WS has an attraction to her to Wook. The words that he spoke to her is as good as a gobaek/love declaration. I mean 'I'm yours and you're mine' can not be misinterpreted. Too scared about the premonition to tell? Afraid that your man will get the wrong idea? That can be the reasons. But It's still interesting that she kept that for herself (at least at that scene). She's avoiding WS now, but good luck at doing that for long. You've been marked as his, girl! And he's not one who give up just because you say no or if you say that his brother is your lover. I think WS stop caring about anything else the moment he give up on sulking. He knows deep down inside HS feels the same, that his feeling is not one sided by the way HS act around him, her care and help. 

The up side of this scene is Wook will start moving. The down side is there goes a year of friendship down the drain. I can understand Soo behaviour because of the premonition and what everybody told her about So. Yes, that's enough to make anybody avoid him. But I thought she knew him better than that. I thought she didn't have judgemental mentality. So, I get missignal about HS character for now.

But if this scare thing continue I just going to roll my eyes to her. If her heart turns to WS because he drink poisson in her stead, she must have known that to WS her life value more than his. He always going to save her in any stake, be it his life or others. She knows him well, so in my opinion she knows he can kill if she's in danger and that's the only way to save her. If she can put up with that she might as well leave. It only will make WS more suffer, to see and be side by side with a sad face all the time. Maybe later her characteristic will change too, just like Wook and So. 

But looking at Wook hugging Soo in open like that, no wonder HS will be the pawn to keep Wook in check. He's getting reckless. I wonder what will happen if it is Wook against WS, because Wook too knows he can use HS to keep WS in check. We don't know what Wook capable and incapable of. But.. We all know WS can't burn and use HS to get rid of his enemies like his tree friend. Or can he? Hmm.. Interesting. 

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I will quote my example again..

You meet hitler just a year or two before he becomes 'the hitler' .. he loves you, you love him.. what are you going to do? Actually he tells you he loves you.. and immediately you realize he is the man behind all those concentration camps :)

How would you respond?Would it be matter of days before you chalk out your plan?

Or take osama bin laden for e.g.

Or take ISIS leader for e.g.

Any of those guys have their own convoluted reasons for doing what they think is right.. and give them a tragic past as WS..would you accept such men knowing their reality?

If today a guy comes to you and propose but you know he is a terrorist.. would you accept?

Its an open question.. by you i don't mean specifically you.. but think over it

If it is me....i mean i'm speaking for myself (because right now I don't know how HS thinks anymore)...
If it is me....if the guy pursuing me, or i  happen to have feelings for too...but if what he does is against my moral values, definitely i will totally cut ties with him, no questions asked...it would hurt me at first...but i will do it.  There is no point in continuing with him.

Now if HS cannot take who WS is ... she can try to talk to him , in all honesty ...that she cannot accept him... if he is indeed a crazy person he might hate her, harm her, but if he is going to be above the situation, he can accept it...should take it as a man.

What I am saying is it is okey if she cannot accept him...his feelings for her...but she could do it in much calmer, humane way.   Since somehow she knows him too right? he's not a total stranger anymore.

• Like 10

Happy to see the bond between Baek-ah and So growing stronger. BA is an artist and doesn't see beauty only in the superficial manner. He draws the daily lives of commoners and although he told Jung it was upon orders from the king to do so (at least I recall him saying that in one of the first few episodes, when he saw Jung fighting), you could see he enjoys drawing and there was never disdain in his eyes towards commoners and the way he gave snacks to the kids before painting the refugees, shows he is not one who cares about appearance and "class differences". Instead, he has a heart for people and he has already built rapport with So along the way. Thus when BA looked away during the unmasking, he did it before the mask was taken off and I felt it was because he couldn't bear to see So humiliated and not because he had issues with So's scar.

I felt sad for BA when So looked at BA looking away and jumped to the conclusion that BA had issues with his scars, like the rest of them. I felt BA was wronged without even realizing it. Thus when he went looking for So, and So asked him why he looked away, I was glad he was given the chance to explain himself and So was also given the chance to realize and voice out his own contradictory thoughts (upset when someone looks at him and when someone does not look at him).

There are 8 princes in all, but these two are the only ones who really have authentic conversations (which are shown to us at least) with each other. No other brothers do that. Even if Mu and So are somewhat brotherly, it's not an equal footing brotherhood (since So treats himself like a subject to Crown Prince in front of Mu). Eun and Jung may be close but only as playmates. Yo, Wook and Won...let's not go there since it's pretty obvious.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

My unreasonable rant:

Someone mentioned it (sorry I cant find you & im getting tired) but I also feel like Hae Soo kinda "overreacted" as well in the preview... I admit Im not really getting into her shoes, and I understand that having a revelation like that is terrifying — considering that she might've felt a bit responsible for triggering So to become king. However, she shouldn't be THAT scared of him because she should know him more by now. They spent time together and expressed themselves freely with each other before. How could she possibly become enemies with him and be killed by So? Idk. I feel a tad bit... disappointed in her?

If i see this drama as a new drama with some creative fiction story and some diff thing from history.

I can understand why haesoo so scared about wang so after she realized wang so is gwangjong. 

Because Haesoo know that Wang so did not have a good relationship with his brothers . And she know that he ever killing ppl even though she think that because he had to do it to safe his own life. She did not know the real reason is.

And because in history that she know gwangjong is a cruel king who can killing ppl easily . Its a normal react that haesoo will think that he can do that even to his brother. Because she know wang so had a bad relationship with his brothers. 

Yap wang so want to revenged to his mom. To become important person even a king of goryeo in palace . 

We can wait...

Until she realized that, she can change him more humanity than before. That her who can make him a better person and a great king. 

diff from a history about gwangjong that she knows. The history that we know now.. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, liddi said:

@junee22 The SBS version subs although already resync'ed, are still currently incomplete for now. However, @ruizaio has kindly agreed to translate the missing scenes when she can... so I am truly grateful for her help and excitedly anticipating them.

Just as a basis of comparison between the SBS and international versions, here are some differences I noted:

Additional scenes in SBS version:
1. So confronting Queen Yo after her harassment of Soo

2. King Taejo's silent prayer before almost collapsing under the heat

3. Soo's mumblings while experimenting with the concealer preparations

4. Pre-makeup session, when Soo speaks of the man within being the most important to her. She also speaks of being betrayed a lot in her life but will enable him to trust her by not changing.

5. Post-makeup session with So laying claim to Soo etc... etc... ;) 

Additional scenes in International version:
1. General Park questions Soon Deok's choice of 10th Prince, citing 14th Prince who is skilled at martial arts, and 13th Prince who is intelligent as better choices.

2. When Court Lady Oh was grooming King Taejo, Queen Yo explains her presence as being since Taejo does not call for her, nor visit her, she being the one who misses the other more would have to make the first move and approach him.

3. When Eun expressed fear at the potential fate of the master of the rain ritual, Wook speaks of their birthright as princes to do their best, as their smallest actions may have great impact. Won elaborated that no one is allowed to drink once the ritual begins.

4. Taejo launches an impassioned prayer for rain prior to selecting the master of the rain ritual.

5. Yo realises just how similar So's thinking is to Queen Yo's when she spoke of how it is not heaven that determines people's actions, but people's will which surpasses heaven's.

6. When contemplating So's words about why she was born, Soo speaks of helping him with the rain ritual this once, hoping that her good deed might cause rain to fall, so that she will have the chance to leave the palace (ref. when Wook spoke about asking the king to release her from her court service if it rained).

From the international version, it would appear that rather than just compassion for his plight, Soo's core motivation for helping So with the concealer stemmed from hoping that it will rain and thus enable her to leave the palace. The SBS version, on the other hand, is edited to indicate that Soo's actions were purely the result of her compassion for him. Which then makes me wonder how much more the two versions would diverge going forward. If this keeps up, I think I will need to hold a rain ritual of my own to pray that somewhere in the near future both versions finally converge into the same once more... :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_maa09deae41qjkdh8.gif  No need to be alone dear, count me in. Let's pray together!

Thanks for listing those additional scenes for both version.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, berny said:

It is because of how HS is reacting towards WS in the upcoming episode ... she seems deadset into thinking that he is some Evil person.  Why would the scriptwriting lay it out that way ?

First of all - she was shocked - she never had So in her Picture to become the King she fears... and it must be scary to be around all the Princes and knowing he will kill some of them...

So even I understand her - I don´t understand her too - because she knows So already - and she was there when he told her he killed People. She knows he only do that with a Reason.

But is it So she fears - or is it the fear that she created him to become like that.

I don´t like it that she acts like she did in the long Preview... but her first moment beeing shocked - I can understand that.

• Like 9

This time I like JM  - he was less manipulative, also he might knew that WS is not a man to have a negative response to things like this :" I cannot forced you. I understand. I do. Your will takes you only this far ". But he looked sincere. Like he understood what a dificil decision WS has to make, He probably knows that WS will be a king, but he let him make his on decision by himself ... I am looking to see him more often and find out more about him 

• Like 8

@liddi i havent watched the sbs version, but the silent prayer of the king with 14th by his side is in the international version.

Thanks for the summary, will look out for them!

-----------------------------

I just checked out Naver news and seems like the highest ratings scene last night was when Wang So doing the prayer ritual for the rain and when he turned around, a bloody gwangjong is depicted. That scene achieved 12.8% ratings.

korean news link

I guess, koreans like their historical bloody. :P

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, berny said:

Since somehow she knows him too right? he's not a total stranger anymore.

hmm.. reactions vary.. so i am not going to put much weight on that..

She just realized so she is scared, aghast, repulsed .. angry at herself more than anyone else..

I think will take some time for impulsive feels to set in.. before she can think rationally as to what she wants to do..

i bet our cliffhanger tmrw would be WS drinking poision and spouting blood..and we will be left hanging what happened till next week.. today may actually be boring because today they would focus on how much she tries to run away from him.. and next episode onwards..how she is ready to accept him

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@liddi i havent watched the sbs version, but the silent prayer of the king with 14th by his side is in the international version.

Thanks for the summary, will look out for them!

@qwenli I'm sorry... I think I expressed myself poorly in my previous post. Yes, that scene was in both versions, but the SBS version had Taejo's voiceover internal monologue / prayer, while the International version only had Taejo quietly kneeling down, then almost collapsing. Sorry for the confusion! :sweatingbullets:

And it just rained heavily where I am! Dare I hope the subs for both versions will finally align tonight like the stars Ji Mong always speaks of? Or is that yet another futile hope :tears:

• Like 9

okay now i can see what happening to BBJX happening here too... people judging Ruoxi and HS too much without even consider why they do that...

1. its HS mentality that King Gwangjong will kill his brother.. she did know that KG will be a great king but that side thing that he will do scare the richard simmons of her.. yes she always helping WS and understand him but she bonded with other prince as well.. Eun , WJ is her friend also BaekAh last but not least WW.. they all somebody that she love too... to knowing that WS might kill any of them just make her terrified of him..

2. HS don't love WS.. THIS!!! she as right now love WW and just because WS love her does't mean that she HAVE to accept his feeling.. yes he a broken guy and all but love my friend don't based on pity.. this something even WS know.. so its not weird that she reject him and avoid him at any cost.. we don't force love on somebody..

3.. WS possessiveness and obsessive behaviour will only make HS afraid of him more.. well add her conclusion that he will became someone that cruel we get the scared poor girl who don't know how to deal with WS.. 

what i conclude about HS based on the novel is just she love and care for everyone else beside herself and WS.. its a fact and our female lead is design to be like that.. 

well i just going to enjoy what ahead me.. the most important thing for me is when HS will accept and understand WS after she learn that he will became KG.. its something really big happen for her to change her mind.. so bring it on!!

also how heartbreaking for HS to plead WW to get her out from palace.. HS will have a hard time from here.... 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, shinaabby said:

My unreasonable rant:

Someone mentioned it (sorry I cant find you & im getting tired) but I also feel like Hae Soo kinda "overreacted" as well in the preview... I admit Im not really getting into her shoes, and I understand that having a revelation like that is terrifying — considering that she might've felt a bit responsible for triggering So to become king. However, she shouldn't be THAT scared of him because she should know him more by now. They spent time together and expressed themselves freely with each other before. How could she possibly become enemies with him and be killed by So? Idk. I feel a tad bit... disappointed in her?

If i see this drama as a new drama with some creative fiction story and some diff thing from history.

I can understand why haesoo so scared about wang so after she realized wang so is gwangjong. 

Because Haesoo know that Wang so did not have a good relationship with his brothers . And she know that he ever killing ppl even though she think that because he had to do it to safe his own life. She did not know the real reason is.

And because in history that she know gwangjong is a cruel king who can killing ppl easily . Its a normal react that haesoo will think that he can do that even to his brother. Because she know wang so had a bad relationship with his brothers. 

Yap wang so want to revenged to his mom. To become important person even a king of goryeo in palace . 

We can wait...

Until she realized that, she can change him more humanity than before. That her who can make him a better person and a great king. 

diff from a history about gwangjong that she knows. The history that we know now.. 

WE DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THE WRITER WANT TO TELL US. WRITTER NIM.. PLEASE MAKE SO AND SOO HAD A GOOD LOVE STORY...

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I get what you are trying to say... but then her reality is that she does not adhere to those fundamentals..nor does the society in which she has lived , born and brought up..

Is it easy to not be feared and think this through rationally within  a second of realizing that he is what he is?

I will quote my example again..

You meet hitler just a year or two before he becomes 'the hitler' .. he loves you, you love him.. what are you going to do? Actually he tells you he loves you.. and immediately you realize he is the man behind all those concentration camps :)

How would you respond?Would it be matter of days before you chalk out your plan?

Or take osama bin laden for e.g.

Or take ISIS leader for e.g.

Any of those guys have their own convoluted reasons for doing what they think is right.. and give them a tragic past as WS..would you accept such men knowing their reality?

If today a guy comes to you and propose but you know he is a terrorist.. would you accept?

Its an open question.. by you i don't mean specifically you.. but think over it

Okay... keep calm Mau...

Just to get that right - do you compare So with those People?

Do you see the Character as someone who will later kill like they did?

I really can´t say I like your post - indeed my first reaction was to get angry. But no need to get emotional here just because I don´t get your way of seeing it.

I understand - I guess - what you try to say - but your examples are for me so not right.

I can say for myself - if a Man I loves will later change to get against all my and his morals - no way. But this is for sure not how I see So and even not how I see him to become later!

• Like 11

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 8

moonlovers08-00565.jpg

Now it feels like we’ve finally dispensed with the setup to get to the actual meat of the character interactions, which is a definite plus in my book. Even if everything in this hour revolves around a newly introduced (and swiftly resolved) problem, it at least gives our heroine more opportunities to form new alliances, or to strengthen the ones she already has. One thing’s for sure—her makeup brings all the boys to the yard.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

moonlovers08-00002.jpg

Continuing straight from where we left off last week, So demands that Su look at his scarred face properly. He tells her how he hates that look she gave him, and adds that he doesn’t ever want to see it from her again.

Confused, Su asks him what look he’s talking about. Growing angrier, So claims that it’s a look of pity, and he doesn’t need her, of all people, to feel sorry for him. As he slowly loosens his grip on her wrist, he leaves her with a warning: “Stay out of my sight. Next time… I don’t know what I’ll do to you.”

Su is left to lean against the same column for support after he leaves, looking more than a little dazed and concerned by their encounter.

read more if you have not yet

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-8/

• Like 11

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

What does WS say to queen yo post HS-Oh-Yoo encounter?  The deleted scene i mean..

also, can someone plz.. create a video fo only HS and WS scenes - together and independent.. but only scenes with them in picture

Thanx to @snowglobe147 who I need to ask about it I can tell you that he told her to behave at least like a Queen and don´t step on lower People.

She called him a beast again - but he don´t care. So only came to put his Mother in her Place this time... and she of course is shocked.

Extremly because he fought back with words so wonderful

( WS: They say giving birth to someone like me is karma too. )

After So said all what he wanted he just left and Queen is back in Shock - asking herself if he reacts like that because of Hae Soo (yes I love him for what he did - but I fear he put Soo in a dangerous spot).

• Like 10

@solelylurking Maybe the break up will happen for the two reasons:

HS warns WW about Wang So becoming a king and as such, she only wishes to leave the palace. So she expects Wang Wook to keep his promise. However, Wang Wook hears from her that Wang So has the desire to become a king and he will be dangerous. Since he has to protect his family and Hae Soo, he realises that he can't make the request to the king so that Hae Soo can leave the palace. He needs to ask for something else. Moreover it could happen that Wang So asks for Hae Soo before Wang Wook so that is impossible for Wang Wook to make a similar request. Hence he asks for something else. I am really hoping that the poison incident happens in this episode so that Hae Soo forgets her vision. Hae Soo doesn't mention the feelings of Wang So for her to Wang wook because right now she is only seeing Wang So as Gwangjong and not the man Wang So she knows. Her  fear makes her blind and forget what she has witnessed. Like others, I have the impression that Hae Soo will change Wang So's fate so her knowledge of History is not the one we know. She is changing History... which would be a different approach from the original novel.

• Like 14

I only watch the international version because it's the one that is already subbed, but after skimming the thread, SBS version only add two scene, one is when Hae Soo made the foundation for Wang So, and the other is after Hae Soo putting make-up on Wang So's face, correct? The second scene is this, right? (subbed)

This scene got my heart beating like crazy! Lee Junki did mention Wang So would become obsessive of Hae Soo, but this...this tension is on another level. I believe this is the the start of his obsessive-ness to Hae Soo, the one after the 10th party is just the trigger. Poor Hae Soo, she's paralyzed...her heart must be conflicted when Wang So leans in, it's evident when she holds on the bracelet Wang Wook gave her. Speaking of Wang Wook, I still like him, but in this episode So-Soo is stealing my heart. Aaaaah...who to ship? That's the biggest question for me, hahahha :D

Also, I like Lady Oh more and more now. I know she would be an ally to Hae Soo, I'm happy for them. For the nth time, I'm happy that Hae Soo kept her stubborn-ness when she tried to feed Lady Oh the porridge. Lady Oh seems to softened up to her too. I hope their relationship would stay that way, Hae Soo needs a female ally too inside the palace, not just the princes. Princes are good for her ally, but since they are like the higher ups, they would give her much, much trouble, like her scene with 13th (Baek Ah). Don't know why, I'm laughing like crazy on that one, Baek Ah is pretty 'mean' to her. I know were he's coming from though. But yeah...then I feel sorry for her because other maids seems to hate her after that. Moreover, Queen Yoo and Wang Yo...what the heck, every time they are on screen, I feel like punching their faces. I know they are vying for the throne, but after seeing tonight's preview, I have a feeling that Wang Yo would feel fed up by her mother's ambition.

I have to admit though, I got goosebumps when Hae Soo remembers that Wang So would be Gwangjong, and after seeing the preview, no matter how much I'm disappointed with her reaction, I feel like I, too, wouldn't know how to react to that. I mean, I think Hae Soo has trusted Wang So from the start; she didn't judge him like others, but when she knows and realize that Gwangjong would kill people when you're quite close to him not on purpose, it's understandable that she'd be frantic. To add that Wang So did threatened to kill her at earlier episodes...maybe doesn't help her current clouded judgement.

About the preview, I think I have to prepare my heart to see Wang So gets hurt again by Hae Soo, even though she might not know it. Just when things are looking up for him...for Hae Soo, one of the people that he can rest his guard down, decline his affection, it would be like another slap in his face. It might hurt him more than people throwing rocks or mud at him.

I don't know...I can't wait for the next episode, but I don't want to see Wang So gets hurt again, ahahhaaa...I think I'm too invested in this show :D:D:D

• Like 15

okay on the side note can i say that WS is the cutest prince in love right now..

when he refused the tea he actually declaring a cold war toward HS.. before that he said 'don't look at me in the eyes or else i don't know what i'm going to do'.. when BaekAh tries to explain HS being manipulated he already know it but can't bring to forgive her.. but when he meet HS with CP and he actually waited for her and maybe want her to talk to him but she just walk pass.. LOL

well you ask for it and you got your wish.. hahaha

also about the scene when WS confront his mom i think what he really did is to warn his mom not to mess with Lady Oh household well he meant one person only.. DON'T MESS WITH HS!! i think the evil queen figured out WS like HS.. that's bummer....

WS always protect HS from behind.. that's what he been doing all these time.. when HS said 'everyone have a hard life you just don't see it' WS actually look at her and understand what she been dealing with.. its just a warm moment between them in the boat.. i liked that scene very much...

when WS said that it make him feel irritated that she pretend to be wise when she actually young.. i kinda LOL at this scene.. she your nuna WS yaaaa.. hahaha

• Like 12