[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, larinalove said:

It seems the pics have put us in some kind of mood, talking about kissing scenes and kissing abilities of the actors involved, (is it getting hot in here or what?) haha. Kidding aside I understand where you're all coming from. I remember the time I started to watch K-dramas and K-movies and I was very surprised and curious to see how and why the kissing scenes were performed so badly, mostly by female actresses, they stood there as statues, not responding and I thought to myself how could a director let that kind of scene appear it like that, I was very new to Korean anything so that was my impression but after some time and reading and being informed I understood it is a cultural thing, like young and very famous idols, actors and actresses usually are more prone to have more innocent kiss scenes as to not alter their fans, at least that's what I read and noticed and I may be wrong.

I know that most of the time it's appropriate "the statue kiss" for the characters the actors/actresses are playing, being non-experienced in dating and them never been kissed but come on, it's not rocket science, you just need to move your lips a little. I have been disappointed so many times from some kissing scenes I have seen in dramas,  because it feels unrealistic, anticlimactic and it lacks the passion it needs to have, they build this chemistry and intensity between the couple and then it's just a peck or the girl doesn't respond and it seems like the guy is forcing himself to the girl and it just doesn't give you the right feeling it needs to have. But anyways, the kiss is not everything and the most important thing but to me it has to be realistic and believable. For example WS and HS have this amazing chemistry, every scene with them is intense and also in some we've seen sexual tension too so I would be disappointed if we don't get at least one decent kiss from them, the spoiler pic we've seen before seems promising so let's see how it will turn out, I have faith.

WOW, did I just wrote that long about kissing scenes? You see what this drama has done to me, haha. Whatever it may be, I am content with them just hugging and staring at each other, I'll take them however they come! 

friend...i am with you in analyzing kissing scenes...i started trying to figure why and how its decided for a kiss to happen at that particular scene only and in the way its shown....and after so many years of watching kdramas am still not pro in reading it correct just speculate and then happy with whatever i could find.

everyone in same boat....*pervy boat*

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

here you go.. enjoy...

Hide contents

and its not the kiss that made me crazy but the moment when he realized he is about to loose her and went for that kiss...

I saw that one but I thought he was giving her CPR there no? confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 8

On 14.09.2016 at 5:55 PM, Gabi Bros said:

@cherilyn About Lee Joon Gi... If I remember correctly... I read that he said some time ago that this will be his last saeguk in his 30's. It doesn't means he won't be in saeguk anymore. It's only that he wants to make other types of dramas. :) 

EDIT: Fans like @minmar @LyraYoo @cedarwood of the Lee Joon Gi thread that follows his activities knows better than me. ;) So...if I am wrong...they will tell us. :P

If I may answer to the old question - he said he wanted SH:R to be his last saeguk in his early 30's. So he may want to make modern drama next year (he'll be 35 then), and then he can make another saeguk since another year he'll be 36 (so it'll be second part of his 30's). 

As for the newest episodes - I'm mad at 10th prince! I know 3rd prince told him to do but I thought 10th prince has brain of his own, not to mention heart. :(

I'm glad that general's daughter is finally there. Yesss!!! I was waiting for that character and she finally showed up. :) I hope she'll be funny but strong character. Maybe she'll teach 10th prince how to think and stop behaving like stupid kid.

I saw pictures from coming episode - I love how Wang So and Hae Soo's faces are so close when she puts make up on his scar. Also I love that the scar is still visible, that the make up is not perfect like the scar stopped existing because they had bb-cream and fantastic powder back then in Goryeo. ;) 

How should I manage to live till Monday I don't know. Oh dear... the waiting is killing me. :) 

• Like 12

Just now, MadraRua said:

I saw that one but I thought he was giving her CPR there no? confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif

ahh then my bad... when i watched it while wathcing the show it was in context with the story so liked it so much....but seems like not as per standards here..hehehe...no issues we can expect better one from WS this time..

• Like 6

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' star Lee Joon-Gi reveals EXO's Baekhyun is the energizer on set

Spoiler

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'is a South Korean drama based on the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin by Tong Hua.

•  

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'is a South Korean drama based on the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin by Tong Hua. (Photo : YouTube/krungpopwendy03)

EXO's Baekhyun, whose real name is Byun Baek Hyun, made his transformation from a Kpop idol into an actor in the SBS historical drama, "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo." Recently, co-star Lee Joon-Gi, 34, revealed Baekhyun is the energizer on set.

Like Us on Facebook

On Sept. 5, a brief preview of MBC's "Star Show 360's" pilot episode featuring the nine-member South Korean boy group EXO began streaming on the web. In the short video, Baekhyun showed why he is one of the most beagle-like idols around by making adorable faces to the camera.

Much to the surprise of many, the "Scholar Who Walks the Night" star sent a video message in support of EXO's Baekhyun. Affectionately calling him "Hyun-ie," Lee complimented the Kpop idol as he revealed that Baekhyun is the energizer on set.

"I hear that I am an energizer a lot as well," said Lee. "But Hyun is someone who will inherit that position from me."

Lee then revealed Baekhyun prepared a lot for his guest appearance on MBC's "Star Show 360," stating that the latter apparently wanted to make the viewers laugh through singing and dancing. Impelled on by Lee's thoughtful words, Baekhyun reportedly makes the studio break out into laughter when he parodies Lee Jung Jae's signature lines from "Assassination" and "Brand New World."

MBC's "Star Show 360" is an upcoming variety show where celebrities and Kpop idols will truthfully showcase themselves through different mediums such as interviews, sketches, and performance, Soompi reported. It will premiere on Sept. 19 at 11:10 PM (KST).

In "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, Lee and Baekhyun portray 4th Prince Wang So and 10th Prince Wang Eun, respectively. The SBS drama is based on Tong Hua's debut novel "Startling By Each Step," also known as Bubu Jingxin.

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo," which premiered on Aug. 29 with national viewership ratings of 7.4 percent, was crowned the most influential Korean drama for the first week of September. It took the first spot with a record of 294.3 total points, beating KBS 2TV's "Moonlight Drawn By Clouds" and MBC's "Infinite Challenge," according to CJ E&M, as cited by The Kpop Herald.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:

watch all of it, it's all there, remember this interview was after he finished army and did Arang, so  think it was back in 2012, it's very interesting and I found that I respect him more everytime I watched this interview. And I think he has gained more experiences since then. 

thnks.. subs are difficult to read.. only thing i got is that shin minah 's phone number he does not have..

and he was scared to approach her because she is known to be tough is it?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

ahh then my bad... when i watched it while wathcing the show it was in context with the story so liked it so much....but seems like not as per standards here..hehehe...no issues we can expect better one from WS this time..

since we're talking about kissing scenes hahaha...

Spoiler

the BTS is super cute! 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good post, friend.

Self-centred is probably more the word I'd be using in his case in that he tends to see things in terms of it affects him even with the best of intentions. Confessing to a girl through a poem is one thing but not thinking about how it would affect her and the people around her is another.

The reality is that Uk will pay for his indecision and for stringing Su along when he really hasn't any kind of long-term game plan. He had at least 2 opportunities to make his move prior to her being called into Damiwon. Yes, he is the head of his family, yes, he has to think about what could happen if he acted rashly. So why is he whispering sweet nothings into the ear of a girl who has been lurching from one crisis to another? If he so nervous about getting involved in a scandal that will affect the his family's status then he should not be making these grand gestures to a palace maid. It's a classic case of wanting the cake and eating it too. He likes how she makes him feel undoubtedly but he doesn't like her enough to take really big chances to be with her. He gives her a bracelet to tie her to him but so far their relationship is still very hush-hush.

It's fine if at the end of the day he has other priorities. I don't blame him for indecision if he stops actively courting Su. Everyone has to make these kinds of choices and it may not be a right or wrong one. But it's ethically dodgy to make promises to a vulnerable girl that you aren't even sure you can keep.

I need to know what Uk is willing to give up to be with Su. He may not think that being with her is a zero sum game so why is he hesitating? Obviously he knows in his heart that something's got to give somewhere. 

As a mother of girls myself, I feel quite protective about Su especially when she thinks she's found the love of her life.

@40somethingahjumma you have written so well just the reasons why I cant get behind Wook and Su's romance. Sorry to offend any Wook lover and Wook-Su shipper but don't take it as me not liking/ bashing Wook. The crux of the matter is the line I highlighted. Unfortunately for Wook, it seems like YH and to a lesser extent his mother control his marriage/ relationship aspect of life rather than him. He behaved quite nobly when he respected his wife's position in his life and didnt want to get a divorce and marry anew as per YH's wishes but the thing is he doesnt/ cant put up a firm resistance against her pressure........this may also be due to the fact his family members are desperate for their lost power, position and glory which he understands.
 There in lies the problem......Wook is being constantly pushed to fulfill those familial wishes by entering into a political marriage and he hasnt yet committed in his mind, the rational part of him, that casting aside all those aspirations and obligations is fine and that Su can be his end game. Until he makes a definite choice and stands by it.....giving hope to Su of a favourable future together is a little unfair on his part. However, as the preview for ep 8 showed, the rain ceremony may be the chance he needs to put into action the promise he has been giving her.

I would also like to say that Wook is actually far real as a character than So and probably that is why we all love to scrutinize his words and actions. So to an extent is larger than life with all that intensity, the brutality, complete sincerity of words and action, the unflinching loyalty etc. In comparison Wook would be someone you can encounter in real life with his dilemma, his restraint, hesitation, yearning for love and wanting to escape his responsibilities. It makes Wook that much more conflicted and layered second lead than if he would have been a straight up great guy without flaws........I mean then how would the drama have explained to us why Wook-Su would break up if he was the standard Kdrama perfect second lead :D

P.S. @40somethingahjumma I too loved Kiera Knightley and Matthew McFayden in that rain scene from P&P :D On the one hand I was like 'plz kiss her, you know you want to' and on the other I was like 'what are they doing to a classic?' LOL. Btw my all time fav is the BBC version P&P (1995). Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth were just perfect :wub:

• Like 21

13 hours ago, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

I completely agree with you,  she's done unthinkable things that night. But it was a desperate attempt by someone so emotionally shaken that we cannot just "judge" her comparing with our normal behaviour. She's insane, and it was a momentary lapse of judgement from her side. I believe she just testing his love to his family, however twisted her way was. At first she would only threatened the king with suicide but the king didn't budge. Completely heartbroken, she thought if she took one of the son he favour, he would relents and listen to her pleads. But nope, they just fought and little wangso was the victim of this tragedy. I will delve more into the topic later on when I have more time, but yes you're right she still suffering from mental illness. 

@bingewatcherinsomniac  As cruel as she may be I think the harming of WS was the last straw with her and the KIng as been seen now he don't see her as a person or Queen the only words or spoken between the two or her telling him what he can't do take for instance him trying to marry HS she spoke up then but thakfully she didn't try and harm another of her kids.. The youngest prince is he born to the concubine.? But it seems that the King have completely disregard her totally and this could be why she wants the CP dead as well as the King..

My insightful Chingu @bebebisous33  I just love reading your comments and glad to share a thread that your participating in because I know there will be some interesting comments from you.. Moving on to your comment on page 462, About WW teaming up with WY of course this would happen as you said WW knows that WY don't like WY and he also don't like him for the attention that HS gives to WS..  You also quoted to @YourHighness . 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

You see Wang Wook as someone nice that's fine, but telling others how they should judge Wang Wook is not really correct. Anyway, it is almost impossible to make people change their mind. You can still bring more points for your point of view, but you can't describe the others thinking differently as if they are lacking in something. Judging is so subjective because of your own experiences, because of the difference in the culture aso. Therefore, it is better to remain calm. 

I am thinking exactly like @UnniSarah, because someone nice doesn't necessarly mean, he is good or his actions will do some good. Let me take one example: Hae Soo will help Wang So to mask his scar. She is doing a good thing: healing him from his trauma. On the other hand, her action has terrible consequences: the struggle among the princes will increase and she will become the target of Yoo and Yo. Actually, she wants the opposite the entire time: the princes should stay close to each other and not grow apart. Hae Soo is here selfless, but it has bad consequences either.

Actually the reason why I dislike Wang Wook's actions is that his gestures might appear as nice and gentle, however they show more selfishness. I differentiate between appearance and reality in his actions.

Thank You Thank You, There's no need to change my mind I saw WW as he is a Serpant in disguise and with many faces to read (He wears more masks then WS) from the beginning he's just to nice around the other princes and the thing is WY knows this about him and understand this is a weakness of his.. I always said from the beginning that WW niceness isn't to be trusted and he has shown us to many times .. He always wants to jump in and take credit for what WS has done portraying himself as the good person but in reality he is as selfish and hateful as they come and thinks a person like WS cannot come before him and can't own or have what he thinks is rightfully his.. Yes I totally agree with you when it comes to HS actions cause terrible consequences and thats because WW obessives and possesive feelings for her.. He wants no one around her but him if he had it his way no one would be allowed to see or talk with her but him.. Also another reason why I dislike WW is because he don't say or speak whats on his mind especially when it came to speaking with the KIng WS had spoke his peace by telling the King it's others ways to weaking this powerful clan and no need to use marriage what did WW do he just gave some lame excuse with no validation reasoning of calling off the marriage.. I thought to myself why he couldn't he just say he was in love with her as he claims there's no law against loving a person would the King kill him for his feelings the King is a man before he's King.. WW seems to me be the biggest coward out of all the princes and he uses his burdens as a protective wall to keep HS lingering.. If he was man enough he would tell her I can't marry you because your not powerful enough.. I have to have a powerful clan to protect me my mother sister and brothers.. Also my sister hates you and I can't go against the family for a nothing person as you.. Now if he loves her so much he wouldn't have allowed his wife clan to use her as a tool against the King he should have saw this coming if he's the clever person as he supposed to be..(My opinion he's not bright at all) after his wife passed he should have known that her clan will use something or somebody to keep in power and it's easy to use HS then finding something that's already there.. When a man loves it's serious he would move all and any obestacles.. This is why I don't think he loves HS as he claims.. Oh my insightful friend there's so many things that could be pointed out about WW character and for those that's buying that nice pretty boy act you must remember in this drama it's and act he uses to camoflauge himself..

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Self-centred is probably more the word I'd be using in his case in that he tends to see things in terms of it affects him even with the best of intentions. Confessing to a girl through a poem is one thing but not thinking about how it would affect her and the people around her is another.

The reality is that Uk will pay for his indecision and for stringing Su along when he really hasn't any kind of long-term game plan. He had at least 2 opportunities to make his move prior to her being called into Damiwon. Yes, he is the head of his family, yes, he has to think about what could happen if he acted rashly. So why is he whispering sweet nothings into the ear of a girl who has been lurching from one crisis to another? If he so nervous about getting involved in a scandal that will affect the his family's status then he should not be making these grand gestures to a palace maid. It's a classic case of wanting the cake and eating it too. He likes how she makes him feel undoubtedly but he doesn't like her enough to take really big chances to be with her. He gives her a bracelet to tie her to him but so far their relationship is still very hush-hush.

Well Said @40somethingahjumma  That relationship is going no where, I think he hasn't thought about she's a women with desires nor do he care what they are when WS knows this about her.. All WW wants is to claim her as a trophy he won against his brothers to me..

• Like 10

@40somethingahjumma

your post was so well writtent to understand wook as one character who portrays himself to be perfect but has so many flaws within and all his overly Goodness - niceness are layers to cover it up.

and the line that caught my attention was below

He likes how she makes him feel undoubtedly but he doesn't like her enough to take really big chances to be with her.

till now no he does not like her enough to take big chances and i wonder in future when he will be standing against WS will it to have his love back or just male ego to win over the man who snatched the gal he was in love (or was still in process of falling in love where he could anything just to be with her)

• Like 18

53 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Don't worry about it. I think as you say you need to see it in context. But thanks a million for looking for that link for me :) 

d1ZygW.gif

To answer your question as to the picture below, I think his is a soul searching gaze while her's is a concentrating on the makeup one. He's all too aware of how intimate they are at the moment while I'm not sure if she's passing that much heed. She's done a lot of makeup before so I would say she's used to it.....

uYY2Rr0.gif

P.S @littleloony The BBC Pride and Prejudice is my all time favourite too. I wore out my dvd player with it. Absolute classic. hi5-smiley.gif I didn't like the adaptation with Matthew McFadeyn and Keira Knightley as much probably because it just wasn't Colin Firth... his wet scene was beyond sexy.

• Like 24

5 hours ago, luci13 said:

Talking about kisses, I've been a long time fan of LJK as I must admit he's not a good kisser :P So maybe I'll keep my expectation very low on this drama as well HAHAHAHAHA 

I think he does good, at least with Nam Sang Mi had good kissing scenes in Time between dog and wolf and Gunman in Joseon. Here a BTS of a kiss scene of TWDAW.

Spoiler

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, lisethvr said:

I think he does good, at least with Nam Sang Mi had good kissing scenes in Time between dog and wolf and Gunman in Joseon. Here a BTS of a kiss scene of TWDAW.

Hide contents

wow I forgot the kissing scene from TBDAW! I remember it was one of my fav LJG action drama from back then, now my favorite is Two Weeks. And of course for sageuk drama is MLSHR as Wang So,.... but Iljimae is still very special in my heart (although no good kissing scenes there since it's old time sageuk). Now I'll rewatching TBDAW to survive the weekend :) 

• Like 14