[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

The "memory" or premonition that someone drowns makes me wonder if Hae Soo saves that person's life with CPR?  Whether she rescues the Taejo or the Crown Prince, she would receive the support of both and her skills would certainly be better appreciated by Court Lady Oh.  Neither the Taejo or Crown Prince died by drowning so her vision of the man floating in the water might be something she is fated to prevent.  Just a crazy thought.

• Like 16

OKAY OKAY OKAY I JUST REWATCHED EP 7 AND REALISED SOMETHING. I don't think this has been mentioned so here it goes.

Okay so after the whole de-masking debacle So storms out and Hae Soo runs after him. Then Wook also gets up to go after Soo. (I cannot believe that I completely disregarded that. Was too focused on So and Soo) When So grabs Soo's arm it's the arm which her scar is on which also means that the bracelet which Wook gave her is also there.

2%20copy_zpscj6j2seq.jpg

3%20copy_zpst5r9vixz.jpg

1%20copy_zpsqgoz1sot.jpg

When you put 2 and 2 together that means at the beginning of next Ep there is a very high probability that there will be confrontation between Wook and So. I wonder what will be said. I'm so excited and scared OMG!!!! 

• Like 20

2 hours ago, briseis said:

Awwww, Wang So clearly takes Hae Soo to that beautiful, secluded island to make her feel better and in the end he ends up following her like the lovesick puppy he is. This show is so gorgeous that sometimes it’s easy to forget this is a drama and not a beautiful painting. They way they combine and blend the colors of the beautiful locations and simple, elegant costumes is stunning.

Hi @briseis I agree when it comes to the cinematography is this drama one of my favorite scenes is when they did the transformation from presence to the past and showing LJK riding that horse in the moonlight beautifully taken edited so well..

BTW Are those my earrings and bracelet Well Thank You I promise I want brake up with you.. LOL

Guy's I have to find some kind of humor in this thread to help us get to page 500 and to hold me over til Monday

1 hour ago, mewtwo said:

I've been searching through the internet about 4th prince killing his brothers but there was no mention of that, 8th prince had 2 sons who became crown princes and he lived till 969, Wang So became king way before 969, in Moon Lovers they said he'll kill his brothers on his way to the throne and not during his ruling, he was king from 949-975, and maybe Wang Uk Anjong is Baek Ah ? he lived till 996 , so I thought maybe Moon Lovers's writers made that up about him killing his brothers to make an interesting story of Hae Soo changing history & softening Wang So's heart so he doesn't kill his brothers, mind sharing were did you read he really did kill his brothers?  

@mewtwo  Going back and searching but so far I found this: Third Period - The Period of Purge (959–975)

Powerful clans were unhappy because of his aggressive attitude and reforms. They perceived that they would be purged by him intuitively. Finally, some of them had the intention to revolt. However, they were killed by him before the revolt. Typical examples of the executed were Prince Heunghwa and Prince Gyeongchunwon..

My bad he didn't kill them all only two the one site I read from said killed brothers so my thought went to all because of the wording and it didn't mention no names.. But I did read up on our dancing prince and posted and article this could be how I got confused and said that it was WS that had killed his brothers.. I knew he had killed a lot of people during his purge stage.. My apology everyone, Another thing I did in regards to this drama is got why I had Taejo and taejong mix up..

24 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

lee jun ki + iu bts (ep 7)

@MoOnLoVeRz  Oh I thought WW told her to prctice her writing.. LOL

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, valsava said:

Powerful clans were unhappy because of his aggressive attitude and reforms. They perceived that they would be purged by him intuitively. Finally, some of them had the intention to revolt. However, they were killed by him before the revolt. Typical examples of the executed were Prince Heunghwa and Prince Gyeongchunwon..

My bad he didn't kill them all only two the one site I read from said killed brothers so my thought went to all because of the wording and it didn't mention no names..

4th Prince Wang So killed 2 of his nephews: Prince Heunghwa and Prince Gyeongchuwon.  Prince Heunghwa was the son of Crown Prince Wang Mu and Prince Gyeongchuwon was the son of 3rd Prince Wang Yo.  

• Like 9

14 hours ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Since I can't quote your image lemme post is below.. 

Is it me or the scar is very lightly visible? Or my mind is playing tricks on me.

I think the scene in the preview where WS is sitting and HS removes the mask for him is exactly the scene when she tries to do the makeup for him...I bet on this 100 percent :blush:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, pwnkl said:

@Gabi Bros I see! Now that clears it up, thank you :lol: although I like the version where they used Exo's song :D Anyway 1 more if you dont mind,  please take a look at my homescreen.. the cover photo from the song and my homescreen wallpaper is it an actual scene from the drama or just a cover/poster photo? Coz I really like the homescreen one kekeke~ I'm curious, as the shot is so sweet :wub:

I don't know if it is actual scene but I hope so. :wub:

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Are they kissing in this mask picture? where are his hands. .can't figure out

I think both hands are holding his mask. Yes, their masks are kissing. :lol:

---------

*Credits to the owner*

14224925_1050743025012109_12524591952609

Spoiler

RO90952119_w1000_h0.jpg

• Like 24

I'm  confuse here.....

Is Wook the king's biological son? Because if he is how could he be the same age as So? At 1st I thought there's sumthing wrong with the translation when Queen Yoo said to So that although he's  born in the same year ad Wook, he's achievements were much lacking than Wook. The thing is So was abt 4 years old when he got the scar when his mother used him to protest his father the king from taking another wife/woman. The queen said she's  not willing to share her husband with another woman, so I believe she was his only wife at the time, thus the tragedy that left scar on So's face for life. If So got the scar before the king marry Wook's mother, how can So & Wook of the same age? Unless Wook was already born before the king marry his mother. If Wook is the king's stepson, that explained why he & Yeonhwa live outside the palace.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, merrylass said:

4th Prince Wang So killed 2 of his nephews: Prince Heunghwa and Prince Gyeongchuwon.  Prince Heunghwa was the son of Crown Prince Wang Mu and Prince Gyeongchuwon was the son of 3rd Prince Wang Yo.  

@merrylass  Look still confused I'll get it right prolly get it right when the drama is over.

1 hour ago, lxands said:

I'm  confuse here.....

Is Wook the king's biological son? Because if he is how could he be the same age as So? At 1st I thought there's sumthing wrong with the translation when Queen Yoo said to So that although he's  born in the same year ad Wook, he's achievements were much lacking than Wook. The thing is So was abt 4 years old when he got the scar when his mother used him to protest his father the king from taking another wife/woman. The queen said she's  not willing to share her husband with another woman, so I believe she was his only wife at the time, thus the tragedy that left scar on So's face for life. If So got the scar before the king marry Wook's mother, how can So & Wook of the same age? Unless Wook was already born before the king marry his mother. If Wook is the king's stepson, that explained why he & Yeonhwa live outside the palace.

@lxands  Good question all these princes some the same age now wonder I'm confused..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lxands said:

I'm  confuse here.....

Yes, wook is king's and Queen sinjeong's biological son. And it was true that he was born on the same year as wang so his step brother. 

What you probably misunderstood is during that time the King's already have multiple wife, but what droves her mad is king's lack of sensibility rushing a marriage, no matter how reasonable, on the day of their son's funeral. It was not just mere jealousy that angers her, it was his lack of conscience, causing her emotional distress and sense of worthlessness that caused her to take extreme measurement just to pleads her worth. 

• Like 16

I am loving this drama that Monday and Tuesday becomes my favorite day.

Finally, Now So realized he is falling for Soo.  Actually he already did, he just didn't realize it then.  Compared to Wook, So is better match for Soo.  He is free spirited and strong but it is Soo who can bring out the warmness in his heart and obviously she can ease the pain that he's been through.  At the same time, So has the guts to protect her when it's necessary.  I love this couple, they look lovely together.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, lxands said:

I'm  confuse here.....

Yes, he should be, or else he wouldn't be able to fight for the throne. ^^ I don't think that So's mother was his only wife at the time. I think what's likely is that she was the only wife who got all of the king's attention, that she was more or less his favorite. This position made her feel possessive and make her think of herself as his only true wife, rather than just one of many. I think what's possible is that she was his most recent wife at that time, thus she saw the king getting a new wife as his way of showing that she wasn't enough for him to stop getting other wives and other stuff like that.

I think that maybe the family of Wook's mother lost some power/influence and that's why they were removed from the palace, something kind of like Baek Ah's situation? But since Wook got married into the powerful Hae clan, they were able to return.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, bingewatcherinsomniac said:

Yes, wook is king's and Queen sinjeong's biological son. And it was true that he was born on the same year as wang so his step brother. 

What you probably misunderstood is during that time the King's already have multiple wife, but what droves her mad is king's lack of sensibility rushing a marriage, no matter how reasonable, on the day of their son's funeral. It was not just mere jealousy that angers her, it was his lack of conscience, causing her emotional distress and sense of worthlessness that caused her to take extreme measurement just to pleads her worth. 

@bingewatcherinsomniac  Yes but I think she could have used other drastic measures instead of using young WS.. I really thinks she still mentally unstable and the presence her is three fries short of a happy meal..

• Like 7

20 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

obviously we can expect such softness in handling when WS and may be many more..

@red.. yeah he did all that and hope he blurts that here to provoke WS feelings. But dint you notice WW left her hand the moment JM was coming to meet them, so what can we make out of that ?  This man confuses me a lot... will he not will he not.. fingers crossed he will say it out and we can see WSs face with so many expressions

absolutely...seems like SHR has made people crazy beyond imagination that changing wiki data is also some are trying to do.

I love history as long as i dont have to remember things/date/evens/battles for exam rest i find it fascinating to just read and know more about the past.

@lolalarue agree it must be someone chnaging the data on wiki in love of WS-HS

and yes ur analysis of expressions is wat they all must be thinking and hope we get good brother bonding after this.

@KdramaSwimmer... I did see him let go of her hand when JM was walking towards them. I did not like him doing that at all. I will not say he doesn't love her but He isn't strong enough to declare his love to Hae Soo to the world yet. I also doubt he will ever approach his father for Hae Soo's hand in marriage. I think he will only do that once he sees WS moving on his girlfriend.  I think by then it will be to late. 

JM is on Wang So's side. Do you remember how happy JM was after giving Hae Soo the good news about not marrying the king anymore. He stood by WS's side with that "aren't you proud of me smile" to WS. 

• Like 14

5 hours ago, mewtwo said:

I've been searching through the internet about 4th prince killing his brothers but there was no mention of that, 8th prince had 2 sons who became crown princes and he lived till 969, Wang So became king way before 969, in Moon Lovers they said he'll kill his brothers on his way to the throne and not during his ruling, he was king from 949-975, and maybe Wang Uk Anjong is Baek Ah ? he lived till 996 , so I thought maybe Moon Lovers's writers made that up about him killing his brothers to make an interesting story of Hae Soo changing history & softening Wang So's heart so he doesn't kill his brothers, mind sharing were did you read he really did kill his brothers?  

The history never mention that So killed his brothers for the throne. It's only describe in the drama that the 4th prince kills his brothers to get the throne, and I think he'll kill Yo as one of the casualties of the throne. Since Yo must have hand involved in Mo death. 

Based on wiki ;

Mo death 

Hyejong died in 945, during the second year of his reign from disease. He was succeeded by his brother Jeongjong, 3rd Monarch of Goryeo.

Yo death

No entry. But no source also comment that he died because So killed him.

The history only mention that So rules the kingdom in fear. He become the longest king compare to Mo and Yo, his siblings. He often use force for his opponents to get in his way, that's based on the real history I read. 

Image result for hae soo moon lovers scarlet heart

my bae  06

• Like 17

19 hours ago, luci13 said:

Hi all!!! Thread is moving so fast and I was having hard time to catch up with all the insightful posts *sigh* but I was glad we all still can find any topic to discuss here thus it's always fun to checking in here after works or during lunch break :D

Anyway, did we all agree to our OTP couple name ie SoSoo? K-viewers and SBS callin our OTP with SoHae so it's nice that we can come up with different name! hihihi

New BTS from episode 7!!!!

brace yourselves! :D

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1113854

And yes, we're going to see WOOK after that last scene in episode 7! I just hope he wont interfere that earlier as I really want to see So and HS have some conversation with regard to what had happened.

Thank you so much @luci13  for the link to the latest BTS! They are a cute couple. Hope to see more of their rehearsals. 

I only knew LJK from this drama and already, I have a lot of respect for him as an actor and a person. Not only is he awesome at acting, he is a gentleman and a great senior to junior burgers. He refused to hit IU despite what was written in the script, even as she did not mind and was in fact urging him to follow the script. He was also checking with her to make sure that he was not grabbing her wrist too hard. The last Kdrama I watched, the leading actress copped a big bruise on her lip because the script called for a hit on the face. That really struck a cord with me. 

Coming back to the tree 'pat-pat' and the paraphrasing with Hae Soo's name, which means 'tree that understands'or tree that releases'depending on how you want to interpret the word Hae, I am afraid Wang So is going to 'kill' another beloved tree of his. Not physically but her heart, by marrying Yeon Hwa, for both their survival.  I just can't see how he can explain the whole polygamy thing to Hae Soo. 

BTW, @Gabi Bros, could you remember which page you posted the GIF of them rehearsing in the spa? I want to entice my friends to watch the show :wub: Thanks so much! 

• Like 14