[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@bingewatcherinsomniac  Everything you said is true about  Wook. Yes, I agree Wook is always put in a difficult situation and it does make sense but there are still ways that he could have protected both his sister's honor and Hae Soo.  He walked on scene and just stood there when he could have asked what is going on??  What did The maid do?  After his sister told him what happened and question Hae Soo and the maid and then allow her to discipline as she fit.  Wook also know his sister has a mean streak and likes to punish the maid  harshly because she thinks they are beneath her. He also knows his sister did not like his wife and her cousin . Since Hae Soo chose to take the punishment and saw his sister take the  baton he should have done something because Yeonhwa is very emotional. I think his choice of protecting his family is good because that shows he isn't  honorable but honesty is best in a relationship with someone you love. That way you both can share your worries. I can tell Yeonhwa and Wang Wook are very close.  

@solelylurking  I enjoyed reading both of your post  chingu and it has somewhat changed my perspective toward Hae Soo and Wang Wook love.  I have turned a new leaf by just watching how Hae Soo's love for Wang Wook  develope and falter as the drama progress. Even though I wasn't swayed by her love for WW I could not deny it.   I also agree with you that Yeonhwa is in fact in love with Wang So. Even though she could not look at him when WS removed he mask it was out of  shock and  because of how she was taught that BEAUTY IS THE WAY OF THE WORLD. 

@KdramaSwimmer  I agree with perspective of what was important in this episode. This episode made me realize that  Tae Jo doesn't hate his WS. I am so glad that he loves all his children but he can't just show it because of that evil richard simmons (Queen Yoo) he married. He sent his most trusted warrior to train his on in the art of War. Tae Jo planned well because General Park trusted his son and WS also respect him just the king has the same respect of the General.  The General is out spoken to both the present King and the future King.  So glad both you and @solelylurking have come to same conclusion.  Yeonhwa is in love with WS but she will never betray her brother because she loves him to and they both have suffered and can't forget the pain they had suffered in the past. It is because of her she couldn't wait to get rid of her once her SIL died because she saw how Hae Soo affected Wang So. Even WW seen how she has affected his scarred brother. Even WW knows his sisters feelings for WS. He can deny she wants WS for power but her knows it's because  of her feelings are genuine. 

Thank you so much for the compliments. I'm glad you change your perspective. Don't think too bad of Wook. He can meke you grind your teeth or slam head to wall but he is genuinely in love with Hae Soo. Please wait for his transformation.. It's still under construction for now B)

• Like 8

@UnniSarah Yes dear, I agree with you. As much as I try to understand wook personality I do get frustrated with his way sometimes. He's getting too used being a distant observant that his actions might come off as a passive bystander unwilling to get involved in other people problems. But in his perspective, he just buying some time to prepare his careful action. He's unaware that there are certain situations that calls immediate response to be effective. Also he needs to realise that there's no such thing as "perfect timing" in real life. If you wait only for this to come, you will miss the cue and lost your chance. 

I think wook getting too used to the fact that eventually people will come to him asking for his help. So in other words, without any requests he will not take any action towards anything. He never initiate an action. 

Case in point, when haesoo marriage fiasco happen he himself feels rather confused and helpless on what to do. Only when his brother made a big fuss about it, he finally relents, think of a plan and ask for their cooperation to rescue her. He needs a general consensus of support just to take an action. 

So yes, wook safe-passive way is ineffective and impractical sometimes. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, kilovekyo said:

Really i can't wait for Monday, i want to see WS and HS moment again, i can see his hug to HS so tight...i hope this moment happen after HS and WW scene in cave, so HS is starting falling for WS \^0^/ There're so many scenes between WS and HS we should wait, it's killing me...

Chingu @kilovekyo.. I was just thinking the same thing. It would be great timing and I think It does happen before the rain. Because in his mind he thinks when it rains, he can approach his father about WW and HaeSoo. But while it is raining Hae Soo and Wang So meets and he pulls her towards him for a hug.   devil laugh leafin love leafvictory sign leaf

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, kilovekyo said:

Really i can't wait for Monday, i want to see WS and HS moment again, i can see his hug to HS so tight...i hope this moment happen after HS and WW scene in cave, so HS is starting falling for WS \^0^/ There're so many scenes between WS and HS we should wait, it's killing me...

I do hope this drama gives us more time for the leading persons......I don't say that the other scene is not important....but most people come to a drama because the relationship of the lead male and female.....

When we review the previous episodes......it's really hard to see HS and WS together in one scene.....except ep 4....:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

K-Drama 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo' Episode 8 Spoilers: Prince Wang Wook tries to hide his jealousy

SBS drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" enters the second half of its season, and intrigue between two princes is escalating. The new episode will reveal open competition between Princes Wang Wook and Wang So to win Hae Soo's heart.

Hae Soo (Lee Ji-Eun) with 4th prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha-Neul ) in a screen capture from drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo."

SBS drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" enters the second half of its season, and intrigue between two princes is escalating. The new episode will reveal open competition between Princes Wang Wook and Wang So to win Hae Soo's heart.

The drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" is set in Goryeo dynasty who ruled ancient Korea. Singer IU stars in the drama and using her real name Lee Ji-Eun. While other cast members are Lee Joon-Gi, Kang Ha-Neul, EXO singer Byun Baekhyun and Jo Min-Ki. Aside from Baekhyun, his senior idol Seohyun from Girls' Generation also plays in the drama as reported by allkpop.

"Scarlet Heart Ryeo" which also has working title "Moon Lovers" has unique story. Ha-Jin (Ji-Eun), a 25-year old woman in modern day was drown in a lake when there is a solar eclipse. As she resurface she finds herself in 10th century Goryeo Dynasty in a body of a 16-year old Hae Soo, a cousin of Lady Hae (Park Si-Eun), who married to 8th Prince of Goryeo Dynasty Wang Wook (Kang). Lady Hae is ill so she took Hae Su to accompany her in the palace.

Hae-Soo began to develop a feeling to 4th Prince Wang So (Joon-Gi), who wears a mask to cover his scar on the left side of his face. Prince Wang So is known as mysterious and fearsome person, which successfully portrayed by Joon-Gi according to Drama Fever

When Hae-Soo's cousin Lady Hae passed away, she was arranged to marry Prince Wang Wook. She refuses the arranged marriage and she receives help from princes. As a result, her status is downgraded to court lady, which force her to learn all skills that a court lady must have - makeup, literacy, medicine and others.

All actors and actresses in "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" make all out performances. In an interview with Naver, Joon-Gi said that although the mask help his character, it gives him trouble to control his perception because it cover half of his face.

Watch the intense competition between 4th Prince Wang So and 8th Prince Wang Wook in Episode 8 of "Scarlet Heart Ryeo," airing next Monday, Sept. 19 on SBS.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/206090/20160915/k-drama-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-8-spoilers-wang-wook-jealousy.htm

5 hours ago, ruzikie said:

this is Wang So and Soo ? Why he suddenly wear the white color ? Isn't Wookie instead ? @violet90

Since that man do not have bun on top of his head...Yes I think its So....oh yeah..progressing  skinship....kekekekekeke  05

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 14

19 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@bingewatcherinsomniac There is another example about Wang So's dark personality in the episode 7: it was when he mentioned the tree pat-pat. First, the name shows us that he had come to like or admire that tree (the nickname), but when he was confronted with a difficult situation (he was sent to the biggest den of wolves), he decided to sacrifice the tree in order to survive and get rid of the wolves. He burnt the mountain with this tree. He doesn't explain the whole situation to Hae Soo as he realises that she might get upset. However, the story reveals a lot about Wang So: he is not afraid of sacrifying something close to him if it is for his survival or the so called good cause: the crown and his family. 

What about Haesoo? T2NXaV9.gif what would he sacrifice in order to be with her? T2NXaV9.gifmy fan girl's imagination just gone wild T2NXaV9.gif

• Like 11

3 hours ago, mynameiswat said:

In the Chinese version, 4th Prince taught Ruoxi how to write. In this version, what will 4th Prince teach Hae Soo? Or, what if they switched it around, and made Hae Soo teach 4th Prince something. And then, at the end, Hae Soo will finally realize how much affection and love 4th Prince has for her. :huh:

He teach HS to write his name..with him holding her hand and direct her hand...um...it's that teaching or romancing ...LOL

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu @kilovekyo.. I was just thinking the same thing. It would be great timing and I think It does happen before the rain. Because in his mind he thinks when it rains, he can approach his father about WW and HaeSoo. But while it is raining Hae Soo and Wang So meets and he pulls her towards him for a hug.   devil laugh leafin love leafvictory sign leaf

@UnniSarah And @kilovekyo I can not wait until Monday to the moment of WS and HS. Hopefully WW did not pop in sudden. Luckily, there is forum for us to discuss and share the thoughts...otherwise how am I wait until Monday .....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

Another Korean historical trivia: 

Hae was the family name of the founder of Goguryeo, which somehow became interchangeable with Go later on. Thus, some Korean fans speculate that Go Ha Jin is a descendant of Hae Soo's relatives. 

Of the princes, most of them are using the names from history, except for Wang Eun (10th in MLSHR). We don't have very many records of him, so his name was invented for this drama. Historically, he is one of the first victims of the game of thrones that ensues after Wang Geon's death. While the records say his maternal grandfather committed treason, I think it was a false charge fabricated by Yo (and possibly So, too) to justify them taking the throne. 

Hide contents

In the early synopsis, his character has a very tragic, twisted death. I hope they changed it because it's such a heartbreaking story.

The historical Choi Ji Mong was given this name of "dream knowing" because he interpreted Wang Geon's dream to mean that he'd be the one to unite the Korean peninsula. 

Really? In the early synopsis Wang Eun will face tragi death? Oh no!

But if base on C-drama, only the 10th prince survive and had his happy ending coz he is the only prince that get married to his love one and do not die. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Hoping the same..So seeing the bracelet and as we know Wook is following HS. He will again interrupt the moment (as he did in past when WS almost choked HS after assassin killing) but this time I doubt WS will leave her to be. He will do something authoritative to bother wook.

So can we imagine and share it here what can be the nex scene after WS holding HS by injured wrist and WW following HS. Can we say Wook will shout at WS and force him to leave HS ? Will WS leave HS or he will do something ??? so much to think and my brain has stopped...

me better go to sleep...its 1 am here...annyong chingus...

I don't think he give a d*** about Wook once he sets his mind about Soo hehehe.. It will be very interesting indeed. And then my baby is going to transform @KdramaSwimmer.. How I long for that day :rolleyes:

See you when you wake up chingu!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ruzikie said:

this is Wang So and Soo ? Why he suddenly wear the white color ? Isn't Wookie instead ? @violet90

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news but I'm rather inclined to think that the scene in question will come later rather than earlier in the drama. This white outfit here doesn't look anything like the calico mourning clothes that everyone seems to be wearing in the next episode preview.

I'm saying this because I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too much. ;)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

K-Drama 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo' Episode 8 Spoilers: Prince Wang Wook tries to hide his jealousy

SBS drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" enters the second half of its season, and intrigue between two princes is escalating. The new episode will reveal open competition between Princes Wang Wook and Wang So to win Hae Soo's heart.

SBS drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" enters the second half of its season, and intrigue between two princes is escalating. The new episode will reveal open competition between Princes Wang Wook and Wang So to win Hae Soo's heart.

The drama "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" is set in Goryeo dynasty who ruled ancient Korea. Singer IU stars in the drama and using her real name Lee Ji-Eun. While other cast members are Lee Joon-Gi, Kang Ha-Neul, EXO singer Byun Baekhyun and Jo Min-Ki. Aside from Baekhyun, his senior idol Seohyun from Girls' Generation also plays in the drama as reported by allkpop.

"Scarlet Heart Ryeo" which also has working title "Moon Lovers" has unique story. Ha-Jin (Ji-Eun), a 25-year old woman in modern day was drown in a lake when there is a solar eclipse. As she resurface she finds herself in 10th century Goryeo Dynasty in a body of a 16-year old Hae Soo, a cousin of Lady Hae (Park Si-Eun), who married to 8th Prince of Goryeo Dynasty Wang Wook (Kang). Lady Hae is ill so she took Hae Su to accompany her in the palace.

Hae-Soo began to develop a feeling to 4th Prince Wang So (Joon-Gi), who wears a mask to cover his scar on the left side of his face. Prince Wang So is known as mysterious and fearsome person, which successfully portrayed by Joon-Gi according to Drama Fever

When Hae-Soo's cousin Lady Hae passed away, she was arranged to marry Prince Wang Wook. She refuses the arranged marriage and she receives help from princes. As a result, her status is downgraded to court lady, which force her to learn all skills that a court lady must have - makeup, literacy, medicine and others.

All actors and actresses in "Scarlet Heart Ryeo" make all out performances. In an interview with Naver, Joon-Gi said that although the mask help his character, it gives him trouble to control his perception because it cover half of his face.

Watch the intense competition between 4th Prince Wang So and 8th Prince Wang Wook in Episode 8 of "Scarlet Heart Ryeo," airing next Monday, Sept. 19 on SBS.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/206090/20160915/k-drama-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-8-spoilers-wang-wook-jealousy.htm

Since that man do not have bun on top of his head...Yes I think its So....oh yeah..progressing  skinship....kekekekekeke  05

How I wish the 2 statements in bold were true at this stage of the drama.

• Like 7

On 9/16/2016 at 9:00 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news but I'm rather inclined to think that the scene in question will come later rather than earlier in the drama. This white outfit here doesn't look anything like the calico mourning clothes that everyone seems to be wearing in the next episode preview.

I'm saying this because I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too much. ;)

Actually, if you look at the pics I posted above, WS's outfit during the rain ritual (white robes, and an over-layer that is more yellow-ish) looks exactly like what he's wearing when he hugs HS later in the evening. Also his hairstyle looks the same. And important detail: when WS hugs HS in that pavillion, it is raining. It makes sense for it to rain immediately after the rain ritual led by WS, since he's gonna be the next major king and all (spoiler alert), and this will prove that he is favored by the heavens.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

I don't think he give a d*** about Wook once he sets his mind about Soo hehehe.. It will be very interesting indeed. And then my baby is going to transform @KdramaSwimmer.. How I long for that day :rolleyes:

See you when you wake up chingu!

lol... same here.. he can blast off Wook to stay away from HS this time and many much more fantasies going in my head....longing and waiting is getting harder... another 3 days and 6 hours and 30 minutes to go... *shall go to re-watch the WS scenes*

and yes i got up around three back but real life kept me away to login earlier... now m here for another 3 hours before heading for offc.

7 hours ago, ilovekorearocks said:

If this is true, that WW will see the situation and ask WS to let go of HS, this is the 2nd time that he asked him to let HS go. Wasn't there a part on the trailer that WS said for HS to brace herself as the next time he will not let go? :blush: OMG I'm so excited for the tension. :heart:

same to same..

and what I think is... all are in palace and even if WW will ask WS to leave HS, WS will refer that this is Palace and not WWs home where everyone belonged to him and surely force him to back off cause in Palace everyone (including HS) belongs to WS...i can foresee possessive WS *i'd die seeing possessiveness in WS already*

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, chatake said:

It should be this ending but no sequel. the C-drama modern day sequel is really bad.

Really? I only saw the original C drama not the sequel... ok, good to know! But, maybe SBS will remake a better version. Guess it all comes down to ratings and demand. 

• Like 5