[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

This is so confusing. I didn't know which one to watch. SBS has royally richard simmons up this show in terms of editing. Alternate edits are good for DVD, not when you air it at the same time. I know and agree they needed to edit better and am glad that they are doing it but airing it simultaneously is confusing for us international viewers. I hope they get their act together.

Look, this seems to be a PD flaw. All these cut scenes meant for an episode's arc, if placed in their actual episode would lengthen it beyond its time limit which means to me the PD didn't keep that stuff in mind while filming. He lost track of his timing and narrative flow. Once in a while it happens, especially during live shoots; you cut a scene that runs too long, etc., but this is pre-produced and most of the episodes aside from perhaps one have dropped entire important scenes or texture scenes that broaden a relationship. This puts a burden on the editor with or without the PD in the room to help guide the editing process. The narrative fluidity is compromised as natural transitions are abandoned to fit the intended arc into its intended hour. If the PD's worked any time in television, he should have a feel for the rhythm of a good hour but it feels like he was thrown off by the "freedom" of the pre-production process. Even before SBS was forced to create their own edit in response to correct complaints, the show's editing and scene structure was quite flawed. The premise, LJK, IU and the promise is still enough, more than enough to keep us fans watching and loving and anticipating but the technical mishaps are unmistakable. Add to that the initial musical miscues that also showed the post-production put together to polish the show had no instinct for handling the material.

ETA: I though I lost this post, lol. Instead it posted it without my permission while showing me an Error 504 message for the board, LOL.

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Sadly I can't watch the live stream tonight either. Curses!

Can a kind soul recap what is So and Soo are saying to each other in the new preview???

I am still really not good in my korean, based what I'm (repeteadly) hear HS sighing about the hot weather, then thinking she must escape from this place. Then So show up teasing her, runaway? when you have no place to go....

something like that....maybe....hahahahha I'm sorry for my very poor korean

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

I'm sorry. All my support for this wonderful drama but... I give up on Naver. I have no idea where to post my comment. On FB. And with twitter is worst. I'm new in twitter' world and I even don't know where my tweet goes.

Just type it or re-tweet when you see tht recycling double arrow icon something.. That should be enough. I only use twitter to re-tweet xD

• Like 7