[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

I dissected ml and shr because HT counts separates the two . We can place w/c country or community we  came from ^'^

Monday is moonday !

Excellent job! 

Let's retweet the message!

Everybody Fighting!

• Like 14

4 hours ago, minmar said:

@tianaa  You're post just reminded me...I didn't catch if someone already responded to the idea of snow from a clear sky but it is a real weather phenomena called Diamond Dust and occurs when the temperature is cold enough. For those confused by our OTP watching stars while it was snowing....no editing mistake or script error.

Diamond dust is a ground-level cloud composed of tiny ice crystals. This meteorological phenomenon is also referred to simply as ice crystals and is reported in the METAR code as IC. Diamond dust generally forms under otherwise clear or nearly clear skies, so it is sometimes referred to as clear-sky precipitation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_dust

It's amazing now we have to study weather too!:D

Thanks for the info! Am always interested in astronomy, meteorological stuff.

• Like 19

For those who like to compare various dramas, and the Sino-Korean relationship at the time, in the case of Moon Lovers, this would be around the 'Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period', when there was a lot of political upheaval in China.

Goryeo was founded by King Taejo of Goryeo (Goryeo actually used empire terminology in describing its court, rather than as a kingdom – though the king was called “Great King” not emperor). While Goryeo and Liao Dynasty had a contentious, on and off relationship, Goryeo had a relatively, good relationship with the Song Dynasty. At least until close to the end of the Song Dynasty, when Goryeo didn't support the Song against the invading Mongol armies.

After the fall of the Song Dynasty and establishment of the Yuan DynastyNT: Goryeo did resist, and suffered major losses in several wars against the Yuan/Mongol/Khan (descendants of Genghis Khan) forces. By then though, the Wang/Goryeo royal family had lost a lot of power, and Goryeo was under the military dictatorship of the Choe family - you can see more of these battles, and how Korea became a vassal state of the Yuan dynasty by watching the drama, God of War.

Yuan Dynasty created the, “two nations, one family” policy, where Goryeo kings were forced to take Yuan princesses as their consorts, so their sons will become crown prince.  Some in the upper echelons of Goryeo even adopted Mongol culture - names, language, fashions, etc. The Goryeo royal family was treated like one of the major family branches of the Yuan dynasty and a Goryeo woman even became Empress, and her son became a Khan (leader of the Yuan Dynasty) - see more of this in the drama Empress Ki.

The real Empress Ki is believed to have been part of the faction, who wanted to eliminate Goryeo as a separate nation and incorporate Goryeo into the Yuan Dynasty. However, there was much opposition and a major resistance developed against the Yuan Dynasty. As the Yuan Dynasty began to weaken, and suffer losses against the rising rebellion that would later become the Ming Dynasty - two factions arose in Goryeo - the royal family and handlers that wanted to continue to support the Yuan, and those who saw the writing on the wall, and wanted to support the Ming.

This led to the rise of General Yi Song-Gye, who after first removing the Yuan loyalists, and putting up a puppet king, would later take the throne himself, as King Taejo of Joseon, ending 475 years of the Goryeo Dynasty - you can see more of this in the dramas: The Great Seer and Six Flying Dragons.

Pictures: You can see some similarities in the dressing of the Song Dynasty (below) and the outfits worn in this drama

PILJK4l.jpgCe7AuEl.jpg

Annyeong yeorobun!!  Thanks to everyone who tweeted so far!  We still encourage everyone to re-tweet, BUT, I think for now it will be important to leave out the Soompi Twitter handle that we included in the original tweet. Reason being is Soompi's current Twitter masthead features MDBC, and we don't want to confuse anyone.

You can retweet my Tweet below. Have included a picture for quick recognition. The Hangul (Korean letters) in the Tweet say 'Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart' and then 'jjang' (the best).

For Facebook, note the following:

For those of you who have FB accounts, please go to BOTH the SBS and Naver links below and post the following:

달의 연인-보보경심 려  짱 \^0^/  <3 Please like or repost to show your support #ScarletHeartRyeo #MoonLovers

Feel free to customize by adding to the message above...might be a good time to add your country. 

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow?div=pc_facebook

https://www.facebook.com/NaverMobile/?fref=ts

• Like 24

6 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Honestly the first time I saw this BTS, I thought were Hae Soo and Wang So and I was so excited to watch that moment, only to realize that the ones laughing were IU and Joong Gi lol, but are not completely them. It's like you only need to change your expression and the other one knows automatically that you are into character again. The last seconds are Hae Soo and Wang So again. That or are they trolling me shooting a new bath scene where she and he are wearing the same and in same conditions and place of episode 2, that I don't think it's the case because that video covered small bits of BTS/rehearsals from things that has happened on released episodes: 1. the bath one (this one) / 2. If I apologize you will die, 3. You are my person, 4. The one of episode 5 (where he caught Haesoo in the palace). Like in chronological order. 

I thought this was going to be a romantic *hot* scene :blush: lol. I think they were just talking/laughing around, but joon gi decided to play around with the water and IU was like wtf 

only 12 more hours to go!!!

• Like 15

10 hours ago, chi13lou said:

I guess we will just have to wait and see, especially with the "creative license" taken by the production. Although it would be great to see WS and HS together in Goryeo until the end, it seems unsettling considering all the angst in the palace. So far, I am leaning towards a WS in 2016 with all memories intact, of course with HS/GHJ transported back to the present.

Yes right with that license I am thinking many possibility ending that will not ruin the history itself. In real history Soo is marry with YH, later known as Queen Demok. But hey...King can have more than 1 wife right  yoyo05

So YH will be the queen for Soo to gain power but he will marry HS for his love.  yoyo01

But for that memory intact to Soo ... I don't think that will happen. It will be only HS and JM who will still remember about their "crazy experience". And present HJ will meet with future princes and all the character again and HJ will start new love line with future Soo....at least that will be the most pleasant ending I have in mind. And who know in future Lady Hae and Wook will be actually a couple which Wook so fall deeply in love to her...  yoyo10

• Like 13

9 hours ago, hikari2016 said:

That is why I am afraid of that possible ending. I know the ending for original Scarlet Heart, and I can't help feeling they might go that route. Plot that involves time travelling is often so tricky, and so far I haven't see any ending that satisfy me...haha...my kind of ending is that my OTP lives happily ever after, which I know is ridiculous because this is no Queen In Hyun's man. At this moment I will accept any kind of logic as long as Hae Soo and Wang So can be together :P

In Rooftop Prince the king and his men transported  body and soul to the future. But in Scarlet Heart its HJ soul that transported to the past, her soul only, her body suddenly occupy HS body who has the same appearance as hers in the past. HJ body still remain in present day, in comatose I guess (refer to C-version). 

So I don't think the ending will be like Rooftop Prince 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, queer said:

i read in a chinese forum...

it was said that the Royal Fmaily during that time is trying to maintain their royal blood, hence, in order to hv the 'purest' blood line, the princess and prince ended tog. To add to it, seems the king din really put a stop to it as well.

*this may not be true as well since i read it somewhere but i do find it make some sense...*

In present we call it "Arranged Marriage" chaebol will marry another chaebol heir to expand their chaebol ness and to preserve the next kin of generation of theirs too

8 hours ago, finebyme said:

I have a  question, I was hoping to get it answered through this  forum but I didn't find it. I know I can't be the only one confused. SO I apologise if I am asking the same question someone else might have asked.

1) Who is the crown prince's mother? 

2)Yo, So and Jung are from same mother ( 3rd,  4th and 14th),
The 8th, 13th and Princess are from the same mother. Then we see the 10th, and the 9th who are probably from some other consorts. So this is all the princess we see right. We don't know about 2 nd prince or any of the other numbers that seem to be missing. 

3) What does the 4th Mother mean when she says he is her mistake ?her disgrace?? That he was the son of Kang? I thought he was sent as a piece offering to a Concubine? Was this one his Father's concubines? 

4) I understood the first time she got into the prince's bathing area, HOW did she get in the second time. She had to have swam through and under water tunnel or something right?

5) Why do the channels like to air similar plot dramas at the same time, would Moon Lovers not have been done A LOT better if was not competing with Moonlight? 

Thank you for reading this far!!

I'm trying answering this

1) Based on wiki Mo is born from the second queen

Queen Janghwa (장화왕후)

but no story about her in this drama.

2) 2nd prince died, that's why crazy eomma ruin Soo face 

3) Maybe because the died of 2nd prince, she unlogically blame Soo for that. And Soo sent to the Kang family to be adopted by the Kang concubine who lost her son. And yes the King know about it, he even aware very well how the Kang treated Soo during his "hostages" time.

4) Yes right, in the second try when finally HS met Soo, she was intentionally went to the bathing pool by tracing thru the tunnel by herself.

5) Hhahaha for this one I think the channel executive already think the pros and cons. That's why competition exist ....

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Berou said:

it's been said WS will kill his brothers to get the trone, who do you  think, guys, he will kill? 

the names that come into my mind are WY and WW, i don't know about the rest

I guess he'll kill Yo....I saw in preview that Mo died...(bleed for sure)...maybe that happen because evil plan by crazy eomma and Yo, Soo found out about that and decide to kill Yo by saying I'm here to take the throne, the scene where he, BA and the general come with steel suit on them...war outfit....he might battling with Wook first, because maybe not only Wook is ally with Yo because he feel heartbroken about HS, that in the end its Soo who win HS over him, but also maybe because Wook also eyeing for the throne, so as the thinker prince he'll equation ally with Yo to kill Soo then he kill Yo to get him the throne. 

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

In Rooftop Prince the king and his men transported  body and soul to the future. But in Scarlet Heart its HJ soul that transported to the past, her soul only, her body suddenly occupy HS body who has the same appearance as hers in the past. HJ body still remain in present day, in comatose I guess (refer to C-version). 

So I don't think the ending will be like Rooftop Prince 

Rooftop princes was so complicated back then. He was doing time travel to save his beloved one but he realised the love one was not death but hiding after her sister replaced her position and ate the whole poison her sister made. I was watching that drama with a dizzy on my head because the female lead was terribly having a miserable life in the present even in the past.

But the ending, the reincarnation of the male lead finally met with the female lead. Well basically i need that ending becomes true in Scarlet Heart with Hajin meet with Wang So in real life

• Like 14

Sorry if this has been posted..

I keep looking at how LJK was so amused watching the fighting scene between Soo & Prince Eun..

He's adorbs! :wub:

Happy Moonday, my fellow moonlovers and eclipses!

Another 10 hrs to count down, feeling giddy already..

Ps: done retweeting, thanks for the shout out!

• Like 16

Found this on twitter and love the review so far 

Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 4 & 5 Recap – Forbidden Love

8th-prince-grabs-hae-soo - Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 4 & 5 Recap

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo reminds us that romance a thousand years ago was just as difficult to navigate as living with a royal family who all despise you. Bring on the smiles and the tears, because there’s plenty of both.

Thoughts and Feels:

hae-soo-snow-scarlet-heart - Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 4 & 5 Recap

Romantic complications aside, Hae-Soo and 8th Prince’s romance has been so beautifully created. It’s really hard not to ship the subtle, quiet romance between them – I honestly loved the whole poem confession. That’s something very romantic in an old-fashioned love declaration through poetry. Hae-Soo’s response was seriously hilarious though and I loved that 4th Prince was the one to interpret the emoticon. And the walking through the snow scene of Hae-Soo and 8th Prince; so adorable and gorgeous. There’s so much obvious pent up longing between them, it’ll be interesting to see what will happen now that Lady Hae has passed.

I admit I was surprised by how moved I was by Lady Hae’s passing. While her character was too neutral to ever elicit much emotion from me, Hae-Soo and 8th Prince’s devotion towards her made me like her and even saddened at her death.

Queen Yoo continues to win the Evilest Mother Award. She literally has no regret in the abuse and neglect of her own son. It was painful to see how 4th Prince believed she hated him for his scars. And sadly, she admitted just that when she said that he was a constant reminder of her “shame” and basically told him to go back to his abusive adoptive family. Like, have you no heart, woman?

I was surprised (and yes, very excited) by how quickly Hae-Soo resolved the angst between her and 4th Prince. She could’ve easily kept hating him, but instead, she showed him genuine empathy. Their chemistry feels so much easier and sweeter now that they aren’t at each other’s throats and I can’t wait to see it eventually turn on full force.

I did have to do some research after I realized Princess Yeon-Hwa actually wanted to marry her half-brother, 4th Prince. Unlike in later periods of historical Korea, incest in Goryeo wasn’t unusual… which clarifies things (but not the grossness, lol). I’m sensing that things are going to get very complicated in the royal palace – sooner rather than later.

More detail 

http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2016/09/08/scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-4-5/

• Like 15