[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

49 minutes ago, briseis said:

The show does an amazing job adressing the controversial issues featured heavily in the story - polygamy, consanguine marriages and infidelity. They don’t shy away from it or beat around the bush. Instead they adress it head-on, without fuss or embarrassement, as something completely ordinary and normal, because it was really something ordinary and normal. Some viewers might feel disgusted by it or find it unsettling, but those were the realities of the royal life during the Goryeo Dynasty. And while the drama might have taken some creative licence with history in order to fit it to the Scarlet Heart story, it’s actually very faithful, realistic and authentic regarding the way people lived their lives and married in that era.

Seven out of nine Taejo’s daughters married their half brothers and he himself had 29 wives (and that’s only the official ones, not counting the concubines). So when Yo discusses with So and Yeon Hwa the possibilty of marriage between them, even though he is already married and she is their half-sister, it’s indeed something completely normal and common in that day and age. And the whole cast and crew have done an amazing job to deliver this whole atmosphere perfectly.

“You’re not asking me to put a value on you, are you? Rather than a woman of high value, I want one who will treasure me. Someone who would not be concerned about this ugly face of mine.” - Wang So

“How much fun would it be to turn an animal into a human? Sometimes I am curious about that.” - Yeon Hwa

When Wang So challenges Yo about their sister, it isn’t because he would really care about her becoming his wife. He is motivated by sibling rivarly, his dislike and jealousy he feels towards his brother. His subsequent comment about the kind of woman he wants only proves it. Wang So yearns for complete acceptance of everything he is, scar and all, genuine love and affection and tha ist in diametrical opposition to what Yeon Hwa wants. She isn’t denying or protest Yo’s animal comparison of So nor is she defending him. She sees him as a curiosity, an unfortunate being that she can improve and transform into something grand. She doesn’t want to accept him, she wants to change him. 

WOOOW thank you for your reflections on this scene! I still think that Yeon Hwa loves So (not for power) but now you have given me a better answer on WHY she loves him. I first thought she just loves him because you know, sometimes you can't choose who you love but now I agree with you: He is a curiosity for her (like the big bad wolf) that she wants to change into something that she sees acceptable or rather "civilized", that's why she said it would be interesting to change an animal into a human..... 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

got it.

@meahri_1 can we include country initials in the tweet ?

It would be really great if we could, but we're limited to only 140 characters in a tweet...and our community is pretty diverse. We would run out of space only after listing a few countries.

I think the original idea that @Gabi Bros had for an MV, would allow details like that. Perhaps we can make that our 2nd project since we will still have about 12 episodes to go after this week.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, hikari2016 said:

Hi...I've been a lurker since a few days ago, and have been enjoying everyone's insightful posts.

I am interested with what you posted, about doppleganger, or having the same ancestors. I agreed with your opinion, however, as much as I want Hae Soo to meet Wang So from the future (or someone that resembles Goryeo Wang So), I cannot get behind this idea that that Hae Soo will fall in love with someone else, even he bears Goryeo Wang So's face. I am sorry for being weird....hahaha....many time-travelling drama used this trope (Rooftop Prince, Splash Splash Love) but I honestly feel like the heroine fall for the face, not the essence of what made her falling for the hero at the first place (personality, their shared memories). So I honestly hoping the writer will avoid this trope. Isn't it sad enough to see someone that resembles our dead lover but he has no idea about who we are, at all...Im gonna have a heart break if thats what they will show us...

If they want to go to this route, hopefully Goryeo Wang So gonna live inside the future Wang So, and I'd rather watching him struggling to adjust living in future setting, with internet and all ^^

Yes, I understand your feelings on endings where they meet the doppleganger who has the same face but not the memories or same personality. I like your suggestion for an ending that has Goyeo Wang So switching souls with 2016 Wang So, and having to adjust to royalty not existing and 21st century life. That would be a nice change. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

outh Korea. We're including Naver in the tweet which will ensure it get's counted as far as trending topics. Naver is a social media platform in South Korea.

Thank you @meahri_1.  If in our group here have anyone from SK, may be can help look into Naver's page http://news.naver.com/main/ranking/popularDay.nhn to understand how we can chip in.  Or since SBS is number 1 channel in SK, if I am not mistaken, they must have a public relation officer.  We can link up to them and see how we can do to boost it up.  I think they may welcome the intention as we can work within mutual benefit :)  I once have contacted MBC's.  They are approachable :)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

It would be really great if we could, but we're limited to only 140 characters in a tweet...and our community is pretty diverse. We would run out of space only after listing a few countries.

thats ok...we are good with the tweet that you suggested. lets start with it then we will see what more we can do

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

let SBS and of course, the MLSHR team know that international fans are enjoying and supporting the series. Flood them with positive posts for a change.

do we have dateline?  If not, time to collect proof of international fans enjoy and support the series and liase directly to SBS will be more effective, i think.

• Like 7

cant stop crying watching ep 5. Even from the start I find it hard to worship WW and HS. I'm glad that the hero is WS. Just like HS I find it wrong to like someone else husband regardless how sweet you make out the scene. especially when the wife is someone like myung hee..  I wish that their relationship will be better and HS will help WW realize or love his wife. It hurts more because WW is a nice guy so the way he treats his wife out of responsibility and being nice. Poor MH. Somehow I really wanna know what others think about WW feeling. Do you think that he never loves his wife. Or is it he never know what love is? What he had for HS is crush. I think. His wife is always sick. But when she dress up. first make up by HS, he looks at her differently. As if he just saw a new side of his wife. And from the recap MH is a lively and free spirit girl as well much like HS. What exactly does WW want to tell MH at the end? does he feel guilty for not loving her the way she loves him or he's trying to tell her that he actually loves her. She deserves to hear that before she left. But then from her point of view she might feel that WW is just being nice and considerate.  when MH gone it struck something in WW emotion. Would be glad if he realize that he did loves his wife.

I cannot ship WW and HS. Even with blessing From MH, how could they be together...

Cant he just be like a brother to HS and take care of her like a sister. Do tell me what the rest of you think...

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

We can place w/c country or community we  came from ^'

can you please give a format of how we should tweet.  we simply follow and that is the fastest way now.  Just act and it will spread.

• Like 5

Done retweeting~ I hope our feelings towards this drama reaches them all who have worked very hard on making it. I don't wish this drama to be stamped as a 'flop' just because the public rating is low... now I'm crossing my fingers and hope for the best!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, theseasasleep said:

That being said, a personal headcanon I've developed as I frantically search for a happy ending for my star-crossed otp is one where she meets future WS and he's aware of his past life because he always dreamed it and was lowkey searching for HS all this time. I just like the idea that be it in Goryeo or the future, WS is always a step ahead in falling in love with and being aware of HS. :D

Sorry to cut your post....it was such a balm on the fevered question of reincarnation :D but I love love love this solution......oh plz if they have to follow the sacrifice and separation part then let the resolution be something like this :wub:

@meahri_1 done retweeting B) I just made a twitter acc for the purpose LOL....so SBS/ SHR you better realise we are seriously loving the moon \^0^/

• Like 18

For me, Yeonhwa does not love him. I think she is only sexually attracted by the wild personality of Wang So and of course his looks. Because even tho he has that mask, on the other half is obvious he has such a nice face. He is like her ideal type as a man. Wang So is not indiferent to her, he liked her caring (how can he not? Single man who is not used to those things + physically beautiful woman + the one that treat him nicely before Haesoo + the boy wanted some love no matter from whom). I bet she is thinking: "If only he has more power and no scar will be PERFECT". She is not really totally accepting him because of superficialities, due to a position/status she want to maintain and increase. I really can't blame her because she was raised like that. Wook has the personality of his mother: apparently nice but ambitious. While Yeonhwa is basically in the evil powerhungry side. But yeah, the only one she has cared more for is Wang So, more like doing nice things for him to like her. Is a calculative move after all, but this time not for royalty power, only a move trying to make the man she likes hers. That doesn't mean that she can´t love him in the future...that doesn't mean that the character truly can't change for the best. But if that happens, it's already game over because Wangso has noticed that unlike Yeonhwa there is no hidden intention in the actions Haesoo made for him. Haesoo is pretty outside and inside. Yeonhwa will have the power, but never the heart of the man she likes. 

Edit: I have retweeted. Very important to like and retweet. :)

• Like 20

@tianaa  You're post just reminded me...I didn't catch if someone already responded to the idea of snow from a clear sky but it is a real weather phenomena called Diamond Dust and occurs when the temperature is cold enough. For those confused by our OTP watching stars while it was snowing....no editing mistake or script error.

Diamond dust is a ground-level cloud composed of tiny ice crystals. This meteorological phenomenon is also referred to simply as ice crystals and is reported in the METAR code as IC. Diamond dust generally forms under otherwise clear or nearly clear skies, so it is sometimes referred to as clear-sky precipitation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_dust

• Like 21