[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

gosh i think the scene where HS took off WS mask will be a heart warming scene and how much actually WS give to HS... 

the mask is his identity since he was small.. from the beginning we can see how WS will never let anyone see his face and the fact nobody even in his family ever saw his face without a mask said a lot.. 

and here you can see he even LET HS take off the mask and he sitting there while HS took off his mask.. that scene is everything.. WS basically open his heart and trust her.. at this point i'm sure he already loved her.. 

damn can monday pls come faster... 

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@ruizaio thanks for the bun details.

Second..i just noticed your signature with LJKs face half hidden only eyes visible. I just forgot how Iljimaemark looked but after seeing it again I can LJK can act so well even if you hide his face half or even hide one eye. thats the capability he has....

I've been watching a lot of FMVs of LJK's action on Youtube, and my husband complained that he seems to be always wearing a mask. He's such a good actor to be able to convey so much even with most of his face covered like that.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, violet90 said:

gosh i think the scene where HS took off WS mask will be a heart warming scene and how much actually WS give to HS... 

the mask is his identity since he was small.. from the beginning we can see how WS will never let anyone see his face and the fact nobody even in his family ever saw his face without a mask said a lot.. 

and here you can see he even LET HS take off the mask and he sitting there while HS took off his mask.. that scene is everything.. WS basically open his heart and trust her.. at this point i'm sure he already loved her.. 

damn can monday pls come faster... 

certainly agree with each n every word... its gonna be a much more butterfly in stomach worthy moment than OTP having first kiss in this drama. I cant even imagine how WS will react and express his gratitude or disbelief after his bare face with no scar, his teary eyes and that expressive face will again show his heart to us clearly...

3 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I've been watching a lot of FMVs of LJK's action on Youtube, and my husband complained that he seems to be always wearing a mask. He's such a good actor to be able to convey so much even with most of his face covered like that.

exactly my sentiments...

he can do all even  much better with hidden face than many of other actor can do full face or complete body with poses.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, qwenli said:

And I dont get the issue of idols acting. So actors cant sing too? People just have to stick to one dimension of work all their life?:crazy:

Exactly, me too chingue. We have such a wonderful actors like Lee Min Ho and So Ji Sub that are such gods of kdrama industry but have such an awful singing voice. (No offence, I'm a big fan of both of them) and we have someone like Rain that is a great actor and fantastic singer. Acting and singing are not related.

@sunshinefate Hi chingu, welcome. You can watch the opening here. Although it's not that great, I expected a better one.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, littleloony said:

Agree with you chingu.....and just WOW! so that is how knetz comment huh???? Goodness gracious! There is like no filter and no courtesy, no consideration either. I have never actually read individual bad comments of knetz before......never bothered......only when there are good comments I read some that are posted in Soompi. I am actually awestruck.....I guess only coming to soompi and its great atmosphere makes me unaware of how people actually diss a drama. Last time I was in a drama discussion in soompi that was really going downhill, even there, all the commentators took a lot of effort to be civil and disagree with the drama. These comments would be hilarious really if they werent hurting the actor's effort so much.

It's all right, we can still love the drama for ourselves anyway even if it doesn't get huge ratings. Also it's not fair to generalise knets from those comments that came from Nate, since Nate is a site well known for hating. More general knetz opinion is from Naver (more upvotes), which is much more positive and had a lot of praise for Jun Ki and Haneul - I know that because I translated some of those comments. Don't be fooled by one blog purposely choosing a hate article from a site known for posting hate comments.

It's very sad that the bad starting episode led to such low ratings now because I really feel the show is getting better and better. Obviously we can see that easily because we're ifans and we can watch all the shows online at our own pace but for Korean viewers who generate ratings to turn on the tv at a certain time, they need to choose between dramas. But it's still doing very well on Youku, you can see how many views it got here: http://www.youku.com/show_page/id_z67d68692e98711e5b522.html

(641,273,466 views right now!)

• Like 20

There is for sure a kind of feeling between Soo and Wook, but from her side I dont feel is really falling in love with him, is more like an attraction, being touched, an erotic feeling that can make her waver. It seems to me that is more on Wook side than on her; but definitively she feels something for him and is not friendship and neutral admiration :)) 

With So, I dont find till now any sign of something going on from an erotic point of view from her part, but the best relation till know she does have it with him! - in my opinion;  Definitively she is more herself with him,  she can be so natural with him - she scold him, fights with him, talks back, talks childishly, questioning him, begining to feel safe with him;  But most important I think is that he is the only one she confess in all this time - about her having problems, or being unable to control her feelings; She is natural and spontaneous with the 14th or 13th princes, or has some moments of unbidden behavior with other characters, but So is (in ep 4 and 5) constantly the only one she is genuine and undisguised; and she seems to be the only one that is not afraid if him; 

On the other hand So seems to begin to look at her different: till now she had a greater impact on him, that he had on her, so I  guess is natural for him to be more aware of her presence than she is of his; in the end of ep 4, I think is quite clear he start to look at her with a different eye; and in ep 5 he put his hand on her! a gesture I am sure he didn't make till now with another woman; So is such a very quick man! Unlike Wook, he didnt need to have much time and context for making a move :) In ep 4 he somehow become aware he is not at all indifferent to her, and in the next episode he put his hand on her, without any warning and without any safety bell :); I amuse myself telling me that Wook doesnt dare to kiss her even when PD said, but So is moving so quikly :) I guess Soo will be taken by surprise when she begin to realise So's feelings for her; 

So they are not in love right now, but all that is need is here :) 

• Like 22

5 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

da tu... da tu.. can we wish for that peck one coming week ..plz petty plz...

@theseasasleep lovely analysis of that hug scene and spin....her hand did capture my attention, she was not resisting but going with the flow (of that spinnnnn) and landed in WSs arms all safe and sound with arms resting on his chest. and his arms wrapped around her. so for sure by this time OTP feelings are mutual for ach other and we can enjoy those developments till we get this scene.

Ah, another thing I realized is her mode of dress. @briseis did a wonderful breakdown of Goryeo court fashion and what it says about status and level in the court, particularly HS's change of dress throughout the various promos. In this teaser, when this spin move happens, she's still wearing a lower tiered court lady's dress and that gives me hope for deeper feeling otp times between WS and HS sooner rather than later because I expected her feelings to change to him when she's wearing the upper tier court lady outfit. Look at how desperate this show has made us, trying to decode fashion and hairstyles. Which reminds me, WS's clothes are all white and doesn't that denote something funerary happened? Is it the death of the King? The death of the Crown Prince or maybe one of the other Princes?

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, matchacake said:

It's all right, we can still love the drama for ourselves anyway even if it doesn't get huge ratings. Also it's not fair to generalise knets from those comments that came from Nate, since Nate is a site well known for hating. More general knetz opinion is from Naver (more upvotes), which is much more positive and had a lot of praise for Jun Ki and Haneul - I know that because I translated some of those comments. Don't be fooled by one blog purposely choosing a hate article from a site known for posting hate comments.

It's very sad that the bad starting episode led to such low ratings now because I really feel the show is getting better and better. Obviously we can see that easily because we're ifans and we can watch all the shows online at our own pace but for Korean viewers who generate ratings to turn on the tv at a certain time, they need to choose between dramas. But it's still doing very well on Youku, you can see how many views it got here: http://www.youku.com/show_page/id_z67d68692e98711e5b522.html

(641,273,466 views right now!)

Oh I see.....I didn't realize even particular sites like these have a preferential audience share......thanks for sharing the info.......you are right it is a little hasty on my part to generalize from only one sample of comments and I am glad to know that the drama as a whole is faring better than the singer-actors cast in it. Would hope for even more positive reactions in the coming eps and a dialing down of hurtful comments aimed at particular actors, for the sake of the efforts of all cast and crew. It is not that hard to post negative criticism in a respectful manner.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

Ah, another thing I realized is her mode of dress. @briseis did a wonderful breakdown of Goryeo court fashion and what it says about status and level in the court, particularly HS's change of dress throughout the various promos. In this teaser, when this spin move happens, she's still wearing a lower tiered court lady's dress and that gives me hope for deeper feeling otp times between WS and HS sooner rather than later because I expected her feelings to change to him when she's wearing the upper tier court lady outfit. Look at how desperate this show has made us, trying to decode fashion and hairstyles. Which reminds me, WS's clothes are all white and doesn't that denote something funerary happened? Is it the death of the King? The death of the Crown Prince or maybe one of the other Princes?

thats not death if i watched another teaser correctly...seems like some ritual where he is all in white dress coming in palanquin and  (long teaser has that) you can watch it) and the hair style is same too. so its related to him getting something significant in power and then going to her for her acknowledgement but i think it would be later next week... cause its a lot to from now till happened....so we will have to wait.

and yes this drama has made me crazy badly. i havent been like this ever in my last so many years of kdrama addiction. watching and here discussing and then making gifs and then watching all bts etc etc...

I was re-watching that emoji scene and HS-King encounter n was wondering how all actors keep their tickling bones under control to not to laugh acting in this comic scenes...cause emoji one is super natural and how can they keep that straight face or be confused while deciphering that simple 21st century emoji...

• Like 19

Hello fellow Scarlet Heart fanatics!! I just couldn't pass up the chance to post again after finding this drama..... I wish I didn't because, dang.... this drama...no words!!! Super addicted to it!!! I wish they showed it everyday instead of twice every week ;_; I feel like dyinggggggg having to wait! 

I haven't watched the original Scarlet Heart (the chinese version) but does anyone know if HS will eventually figure out how to get home?? And then what will happen to WS and HS's relationship??? 

• Like 15

14 hours ago, junee22 said:

@irilight I somehow managed to register to dramafever..hehehe..use some tricks I know

@junee22 That's awesome!  clipart-pretty-spanish-girl-smiley-emoticon-64x64-930a.png

14 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

KKTV is an app / website in Taiwan that streams Asian dramas and movies, particularly from Korea, Japan, China, and locally (Taiwan).

ah.. thank you for letting us know, @akinahana89

15 hours ago, qwenli said:

First place goes to a native China production, second place is our drama Scarlet heart!

Great news, @qwenli, thank you!

14 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Just a quick question about the hairpin that HS found, which belongs to WS. Does anyone know who that hairpin belongs to?

@kaoriharang I thought that was the hairpin that the 4th Prince bought as  a gift to his mother, queen Yoo. But he did not give it to her, because Prince Wag Jung gave her an identical hairpin, before he had a chance to.

I wonder if he will give this hairpin to Hae-Soo in the future, and if it will become important symbol of their love as was the Magnolia hairpin in the Chinese version.

15 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

From her modern world perspective, Hae Soo already subconsciously knows not to judge someone before getting to know them, but I'm sure it was very different for the people of Goryeo and that concept was not understood

I agree, @akinahana89. I also think that her direct way of speaking her mind is part of her charm, and why the princes for the most part are liking her or are intrigued by her. She is like no other young lady they have met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone,

Here is another opportunity to vote for new DramaFever poll   :)
"Which Drama Are you Addicted to"

https://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/form/which-new-drama-is-your-current-addiction?from=admin_wall

• Like 15

I was watching another bts of LJK and there he said that finally its started today, implying that the following scene was shot as the very first scene of the drama and it was Hill Top Chicken Date scene....and no wonder its the reason LJKs cheeks were so chubby looking so cute there. And then onwards he started to loose wt for the show....here is the link from Vlive site with english subtitle.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/13503/이준기-SBS-달의-연인-보보경심-려-왕소가-좋아하는-고려치킨

• Like 20

CpepUR4UEAAJuiZ.jpg

i just want more Wang Yo scene. he is supposed to be a villain, but hardly has a screen time. love scene is good. i especially like Wang Wook love scene, but i feel like it's time for the political scene to kick in. the fight for the throne. i also want more character background and thought process. i need to know more about Wang Yo and Wang Wook to better understand them. we need Wang Wook's flashback of how he was framed before he met Madam Hae. (i bet it's queen Yoo's job), and Wang Yo's flashback of how he was raised, especially after Wang So was adopted to different clan. we have only 20 episodes. i think 25 is also too little episodes to tell the whole story for this kind of story, but drama has only 20.

Wang Yo is interesting character. he tries to look almighty, but when i read his character introduction, his inner personality is quite sensitive. for example, he doesn't like blood on his hands. and i actually can see this kind of his side, in some of Yo's scenes. i feel like if it wasn't for queen Yoo, Yo would have been a good guy. and even though he is currently a bad guy, i can imagine his life as miserable too. i feel like he knows that his mother is using him to accomplish her goal of her son becoming an emperor. he probably looks at So and has unpleasant feeling that it could have been him in So's position. also Yo is probably brainwashed by his mother to hate So. he was raised to be always best and think himself as best by queen Yoo. and i'm sure it would have been not easy to reach her expectation. and because of that brainwash, every time he looks at the crown prince, Yo would feel unpleasant that crown prince has stolen his rightful place as crown prince, the future emperor. also, his father, the current emperor probably only look at Yo as a threat to the crown prince and never once actually cared to spend time with him. and that's why Yo clings to his mother because at least his mother sees him as useful and gives "affection" when he does as she says. Yo is the villain that both emperor and queen Yoo have made. 

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I find it really striking that Wang So was introduced with the sun raising so that this scene symbolised that Wang So embodies the sun

very correct...Wang So's entry side by side Sun portrays his resemblance to Sun.

And after reading it I thought the resemblance of his Mask causing eclipse as in his life as below:

His mask is not just covering his face but his confidence to face people, his emotions that he cant show it to others, his power of hiding his vulnerability just like during eclipse Moon covers the Sun and hides its Shine. But Sun can only be covered for some time and not forever. Same way HS has been brought to WSs life to remove that mask from his face so that eclipse formed in his personality by covering his confidence, emotions, power will be removed soon to make him Shine again. Just like Sun shines back brighter than before after eclipse.

Edit: there can be many more such traits which are under-toned due to that Mask and once its removed he will get his confidence back all of his qualities will become his power to get the throne.

• Like 23

19 hours ago, hiluna said:

Hold that thought, it may not be that absurd. If you remember at the beginning saying that she wished she could sleep for a hundred or a thousand years and forget everything, so maybe it is time for her to wake up and remember everything in the distant past. Not a bad ending :thumbsup:

@hilunaOhh that's right! :wub:  Nice catch, now that said.. that's one solid cue to fill the barrel full of holes XD :lol: 

• Like 11