[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

23 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@MadraRua Lol, I rewatch the 5th episode again... and I can't stop hitting replay button to this scene, and this \^o^/ is so happening!! \^o^/ \^o^/

and after I rewatch, another question comes up my mind... I know this might be a silly question, but even so, I'm so curious to know the answer,

the question is:

~ Since there are 14 princes here in Georyo, and all those princes have different hair styles. For example, Wook, 8th prince, 3rd prince, 2nd prince, *wait, 2nd prince is the one who always along with the 3rd prince or not?* or the 2nd is the one who becomes the crown prince, well... whatever, they have the same bun hair style anyway like Wook, then another hair style is hang loosely which is on prince.... well, Baek Ah.. , nam joo hyuk character's name. this is the right name right? lol... and 4th prince and 14th prince.... but bu but .. this isn't the point that I'd like to highlight... the thing is, are these hairstyle are also the rank symbol of the princes, or these are just done just for the style, fashion in Goeryo time?? is it so?

kekekeke.... sorry for asking this... really... it's just make me so curious... well... another more.. since this story is a fictional history mixed with the real history... Is Goeryo more ancient than Shilla, is Goeryo the root of Joseon in the next generations?

Lol, I love how HS real personality, I mean HGJ, I like when she whines for not seriously learn for mandarin, then how she tried to recall what she got from her history class to represent the right answer for the king... hahaha... this drama is really delivering some good moral message to students at school. And it did it so well, nice! hahaha... "I'm so sorry for cursing you my junior high school teacher for making us memorize all of this, and I'm so thankful for that now, you'll be blessed."  I love this line. \^o^/

Someone asked about the hairstyles at another forum, and they do have meaning. The person said that in Goreyo times, both men and women wore their hair up or down to indicate marital status. Up means married and down means single. The bun hairstyle means that a man is married. If they wear it down, they are single. So, CP, 3rd, 8th and 9th are all married men since they wear their hair up.  4th, 10th, 13th, 14th are single and wear their hair down. 

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, skxz said:

Sorry to cut your post short but this sentence describes exactly what I was thinking! I totally agree with everything you said, the two scenes very reflective of the relationships they share. 

HS and WW's relationship is that she looks up to him so much so that she is the follower. She doesn't want to disappoint him in any way and admires him for his talents. I feel like she's also less like herself when she's around him as she feels she needs to act a certain way.

HS and WS's relationship on the other hand is all about HS showing WS what life is about. She is herself around him and shares with him her thought process and gives him advice. She is his guide and a force that essentially drives him forward. 

I'm so glad you picked this up and the post you made was just amazing!

Actually you can see that too when Hae Soo is upset right after telling Wang So that she only wanted to live and what would be so wrong about that. When he leaves she curses at him but immediately stops and feels embarrassed when she remembers Wang Wook's presence. She doesn't care how the other princes think of her and therefore most of the time just follows her heart. But with Wang Wook around she tries to always be at her best behavior. She becomes more composed and also a little lost, because she obviously hasn't figured out the best way to fit into his household/society yet. (I think with time this will become even worse if she was to end up with him.) With Wang So, however, it's completely different. She doesn't think much about her phrasing etc. After all she's seen already pretty much everything of him. Because he doesn't appear as perfect as Wang Wook she feels more comfortable to be true herself around him. They are more on an equal level than she would ever be with Wang Wook who took her in as the husband of her cousin. Even the title "Landlord" shows that she feels submissive towards him

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, skxz said:

1000% agree! You're writing is just so amazing and beautiful.

Yes I feel like once he falls in love with her there's no turning back because if he gets separated from her it'll be like losing that feeling of being loved. Essentially it'll be like he's lost everything. She's the only one that understood him from the beginning and was willing to understand him. When he said he killed people she didn't jump to conclusions but asked "Why did you kill them?" That line still resonates in my head because it's so powerful in the sense that she was not quick to judge him because she didn't know the whole story. It juxtaposes her to the rest of society who judge and fear him from hearing stories and rumours.

Like I've said before she is his anchor and without her he will fall apart. She is his happiness and what drives him to move forward (just like him following her). She just makes him the person he wants to be. I'm just really scared that they will get separated. I don't wanna see So fall apart again. He's been through enough already.

You all write so beautifully. I think we are going to many versions of WS.

Right now he is hot tempered and tortured -> will be the happy phase, so his softer side emerges -> then we will see the determined phase the fight for the throne because like some people said it will be tied to HS somehow. -> The final will probably be her death/disappearance which would sort of trigger his cruelty because he lost the only person who has ever loved him

I cannot see this absolutely love starved WS stand silently on the side while she marries someone else. Nor do i see him marrying anyone else till she is in the picture. It just doesn't fit the character graph of this K-version ...

• Like 18

5 hours ago, zerovk9x said:

I'm pretty sure WS and HS will have some mementos that symbolize their love for each other later (there's no reason not to, right ;)). Let's say, like in the C-version, the 4th prince did give Ruo Xi a couple of gifts (a hairpin, a hand-crafted ointment container, a necklace, etc.) to express his care and affection for her, all of which were treasured wholeheartedly by Ruo Xi until the day she passed away TT_TT

About the relationship between WS and his mother, I think the Queen despises him because he reminds her of her own mistake in the past. She was so desperate to hold on to the King's heart that she even hurt her own child accidentally. He's the proof of her failure and impotence both as a mother and a wife, so she sent him away as a way to deny it. However, I do hate the fact that she is so heartless that she continues to hurt him again and again :bawling: 

'thank you for such detailed answers.

I understand now, i do feel bad for WS he really grew up in a world and family that just used him like a pet toy or even a dog. It is indeed sad that despite what she has really done to him, he still very much (like a child) seeks her approval, defends her, protects her.

Such a mother doesnt know what kind of son she has. :bawling:

5 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

When Jung (14th) tries to defend WS from the mother, she declares to him that WS is bad luck/cursed and that she doesn't want Jung to suffer the way she has. While definitely the scar - and I can't even say latent guilt because I think she's too self-centered to feel guilty - plays a role in her distaste for WS, she has also decided to blame him for that miserable period in her life (the death of her firstborn, the king's rejection and new marriage as well as the scar itself). People do that in real life all the time - they go through a terrible period and they'll blame themselves or they'll blame a break-up or a boss or the supernatural or god or objects - and really awful, abusive parents will blame a child. By this point I believe she's convinced herself he was the cause of every bad thing and if the bad things seemed to stop happening once he wasn't around, then that would feed her delusion.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Someone asked about the hairstyles at another forum, and they do have meaning. The person said that in Goreyo times, both men and women wore their hair up or down to indicate marital status. Up means married and down means single. The bun hairstyle means that a man is married. If they wear it down, they are single. So, CP, 3rd, 8th and 9th are all married men since they wear their hair up.  4th, 10th, 13th, 14th are single and wear their hair down. 

but didn't WS have a bun when he meets HS in the palace and hides her from his mother?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I know this is goryeo era, but can I ask 1 tiny verrryyyy not important question.....

When will I get the first kiss???  35

I really want to see them in love ....

tag @KdramaSwimmer you want it too right??? lets wish together that we will have first kiss next week  3

I have a feeling that she'll have her first kiss with 8th prince, but I wish deep down my heart that this won't happen. I really love both princes and up until now KHN's acting really impressed me, exactly like Jungi, I really had no Idea that I will love 8th prince and KHN's acting this much. If this happen, I'll be in a really big dilemma which one to choose. Until now I tried to ignore 8th and only focus on Wang So and Hae So.

I doubt we can see SOSOO couple's kiss next week, they're not much in love yet.peddy.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

but didn't WS have a bun when he meets HS in the palace and hides her from his mother?

exactly ..it's ma question as well..:rolleyes:

maybe there's another rule for it that we don't know ?:huh: 

but i think he hasn't wore his bun up completely like it's not up and not down somehow in middle  iDK :blink:

• Like 10

1 minute ago, byulyna said:

exactly ..it's ma question as well..:rolleyes:

maybe there's another rule for it that we don't know ?:huh: 

but i think he hasn't wore his bun up completely like it's not up and not down somehow in middle  iDK :blink:

so

up = married

down = not married

middle = falling in love ??? :D:D:D

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

middle = falling in love ??? :D:D:D

that cracked me up...and may be HS doing some research on how to tie hair to show the gal that you like her...

@bebebisous33

that walking comparison was so beautifully written...thanks for shedding light there so that I could see it differently now. Till now i was just enjoying the WS-HS walk cause of how these 2 are comfortable together. WSs expressions to ask her to come forward and walk ahead. but after reading your post its now have more importance than just that.....take my bow for that *head bow*

BTW..to add that tiny moment of exchange of face expressions was such lovely. How well WS wants her to be near to him, that he wants to have her back so that he can catch her if she falls and then his smile at last. He is mesmerized with HS and her uniqueness of fighting on her own and not asking for help....

thanks again....

@MoOnLoVeRz posted below note on last page. can anyone translate the note below ?

RO49521222_w900_h1405.png

• Like 19

i think with WS she actually became herself... 

1. when she actually meet WS at the first time she don't know him and do not have any knowledge about WS cruelness yet so she neutral but she dare enough to give lecture about slowing down to him because she just don't care about status.. when she give lecture to Eun about spying?? we never see that with WW.. 

2. when she give her piece of mind when WS goes crazy.. she do that the first time when WS demanded to never show up again.. she understand and try to make him understand too.. she never put a wall between them no matter how much WS threatened to kill him.. 

that's a few thing that i like about OTP... they really shared a moment but have an impact is too deep to WS heart cause they like a friend and soulmate.. 

HS is the first person to see his face... the first to see him vulnerable.. the first who see him crying.. the first who keep a secret for him.. the first who care about him...

and the first and last women that WS will loved.. 

i don't even want to imagine IF WS loss HS either by death or separation... his whole world started to build with HS and to loss that?? 

i think the commenters said is true.. A BEAUTIFUL AND HEART WRENCHING LOVE STORY.... 

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

that cracked me up...and may be HS doing some research on how to tie hair to show the gal that you like her...

@bebebisous33

that walking comparison was so beautifully written...thanks for shedding light there so that I could see it differently now. Till now i was just enjoying the WS-HS walk cause of how these 2 are comfortable together. WSs expressions to ask her to come forward and walk ahead. but after reading your post its now have more importance than just that.....take my bow for that *head bow*

BTW..to add that tiny moment of exchange of face expressions was such lovely. How well WS wants her to be near to him, that he wants to have her back so that he can catch her if she falls and then his smile at last. He is mesmerized with HS and her uniqueness of fighting on her own and not asking for help....

thanks again....

Thanks for the compliments @KdramaSwimmer, @MadraRua and @stargazer187. crazy monkey I am really happy cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532to read such things because it means a lot to me. Like I mentioned it before, it took a long time to write it. writer pink mouse  Besides, English is not my native language. Moreover by doing so, I would like to point out the great work of the writer and director because these kind of scenes look at first totally pointless, yet this is quite the opposite.

• Like 15

The hairbun (sangtu) for married men (or those who had done the passage of rites, usually around age 20) is a little different from Wang So's updo in ep 5.

dQtvHUL.png

Notice the difference in position and shape between unmarried So and married Wook. Sangtu is higher up, and is wrapped around tighter.

• Like 22

Spoiler

Crk-OhRVIAAZX8m.jpg

I'm still trawling through character descriptions. book-smiley.gif

She too has a dream left. If she won't being able to receive a long lasting relationship, she'd rather be the Crown Prince's mother. 

So behind that benevolent exterior lies an ambitious heart. I have a feeling Wang Wooks mother doesn't honour Lady Hae's last wishes. But she did see the attachment her son has for Hae Soo, which can not be a good thing for those ambitions. I propose she joins forces with Wang So's mother to get Hae Soo out of the picture. That was why Yeon Hwa was looking so smug. Her mother must have told her about her plans to marry Hae Soo off. That's a disappointment if she is involved. Especially as she owed Lady Hae a favour and the way she begged her with her dying breath. Looks like she will also be the driving force behind Wang Wook's political ambitions. She's probably been grooming him from an early age to become Crown Prince but less auspiciously than the Evil Queen who is more open about her plans. Nothing more dangerous than those who come quietly from behind. She's slier than a fox. red-fox-emoticon-06.gif

What's even more interesting is if she is against the marriage of Wang Wook and Hae Soo, he'll fall in line. That could be the end we've been waiting for. Hae Soo would not put up with that. 

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

So my conclusion is I don't think we and them watch the same moon lover.... I think they watch their "somewhere beyond their bad memory moon lover version".... 

Agree with you chingu.....and just WOW! so that is how knetz comment huh???? Goodness gracious! There is like no filter and no courtesy, no consideration either. I have never actually read individual bad comments of knetz before......never bothered......only when there are good comments I read some that are posted in Soompi. I am actually awestruck.....I guess only coming to soompi and its great atmosphere makes me unaware of how people actually diss a drama. Last time I was in a drama discussion in soompi that was really going downhill, even there, all the commentators took a lot of effort to be civil and disagree with the drama. These comments would be hilarious really if they werent hurting the actor's effort so much.

• Like 14

@ruizaio thanks for the bun details.

Second..i just noticed your signature with LJKs face half hidden only eyes visible. I just forgot how Iljimaemark looked but after seeing it again I can LJK can act so well even if you hide his face half or even hide one eye. thats the capability he has....

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to point out the great work of the writer and director because these kind of scenes look at first totally pointless, yet this is quite the opposite.

and it needs someone like you to find that significance of such scenes.

• Like 11

Just now, stargazer187 said:

I planned to continue sleeping afer read some more posts... but  this... lol, u crack me up... :D  :D  :D:D I it's already past midnight here... it's saturday morning.... haha... good morning everyone!!

Okay, it says there are many princes there... but the more focus are only seven. I mean we've only seen 7 princes plus CP. Just wondering who is the 1st prince? not really important question, isnt it? lol...

okay... I'm having hard time finding the link to the recent bts shared previously on pages back.... can someone kindly please tell me which page is it... or pm me the link... I've been back and forth and search naver now...

Crown Prince Mu is the 1st prince. Prince 2 (Yo and So's older brother) is dead. 

Most recent PD Notes can be found here.

• Like 11