[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@MAROSA_JINthanks for the lovely pics.

why do I feel LJKs look is just like of WS...so lost, alone and staring at infinity sort of...no spark or happiness there...he is so well in character.

And KHN....haha this guy has all love and affection overflowing.. he is a damn good actor with so good expressive eyes.

why IU is so indifferent in that last gif and KHN having fun and winking so uch? can anyone explain ?

• Like 10

6 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

To add to this, even if the villager and Chae Ryung had warned and told Hae Soo about Wang So and his ruthless ways, Hae Soo had never experienced it first hand. Well, not until the bamboo forest, but as you said, the heroic first impression had already been made. It's easy to judge others when you've had years of hearing nothing but the rumors and gossip about someone, but it's just as easy to NOT believe it when you're new and completely foreign to those rumors and when the first encounter was a somewhat positive one. From her modern world perspective, Hae Soo already subconsciously knows not to judge someone before getting to know them, but I'm sure it was very different for the people of Goryeo and that concept was not understood.

That's why even if Chae Ryung and the villager had said those negative things about Wang So, it still didn't really strike that chord of fear within her. It's like when someone tells you not to befriend someone else because they're not a good person, but you may not believe it until you witness it for yourself that, yes, that person is mean. (Or, likewise, for relationships, when people tell you you're wrong for each other, but you won't believe it until it all plays out for itself.)

I don't quite agree with you @qwenliand @akinahana89, her first impression if you take the whole scene after he swooped her up and dumped her was that he was a jerk and made her angry. The bath scene with him she was truly scared of him, her heart was racing after he let her go (my heart was racing for a different reason :wub:). In the forest scene, she hated him for wanting to always kill her. The scene at the praying stones, she understands that he is who he is for survival and she shows feelings of acceptance. So has brought out the whole range of emotions in her, anger, fear, hate and acceptance and now she will feel sympathy, friendship and finally love for him.  This is why her love becomes deep and lasting for WS unlike her puppy love for WW. 

• Like 17

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

As @valentvcd said curiosity is dangerous and this should remind of th saying "Curiosity killed the cat"afraid-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif

I wonder why Yeohnwa disliked Lady Hae so much. She has been a good wife and had good  manners.  Yeohnwa  will be even more pissed off till the end of the drama because HAE SOO will have Wang So and Wang Wook fighting for her affection. teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  She is going to be sooooo mad because her brain will never be able to register what does Hae Soo have that she doesn't but attracting all the prince's attention.  kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifkill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif 

Even Queenn Yoo could not figure out why the King was laughing at Hae Soo's moment and received a 2 Persian Rugs. 

what-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifwhat-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I think the reason why Yeohnwa dislike Lady Hae is because she isn't ambition and didn't want to push the 8th to fight for the throne and let Queen Yoo step all over their family. She probably wanted a sister in law that can bite back at Queen Yoo remarks and push her brother to be more confident and have more power in the kingdom. She probably is pissed that even though Lady Hae family helped them back from exile, her family isn't "strong" enough for them to boost their power in the kingdom. Either way she dislike Lady Hae even though she's a good wife, have good manners and helped back from exile, she felt her brother needed a sister in law that is able to stand up against Queen Yoo for the family

2 hours ago, shiraru said:

Regarding next week episode...so, it seems that Hae Soo is being married off to someone else and she doesn't have a say in that matter, I found that pretty strange...I don't know how marriage works in that time, but Hae Soo is from outside the palace, right? Lady Hae bring her to the palace to care for her, if Lady Hae dies, Hae Soo didn't have any ties to the royal family anymore. If Yeon Hwa hates Hae Soo so much, why married her off instead sending Hae Soo back to her hometown? It's not like Hae Soo would bring some political benefit if she's being married off since she's just a cousin of Lady Hae, so yeah...or is it because Yeon Hwa is afraid that Hae Soo would catch Wang So's eyes, therefore she must be married off to somebody else in order for Yeon Hwa to marry Wang So? But politically speaking...it's more beneficial to Yeon Hwa to marry whoever King wants...oh well, maybe this will be clear on the next episode...aaaah...Monday, please come faster!

Yeon Hwa knew that if she sent Hae Soo back to her hometown, her brother would say no because she has no more family left that's the reason why Lady Hae took her in. Plus she knows the princes are all taking interest in Hae Soo so if she were to sent her away, all of them would manage to find a way to bring her back or keep her. Marrying her off to somebody else meaning she is somebody's wife and cannot leave. She's making sure Hae Soo has no reason to return if she's marry since back in the days if you are marry, you belong to that household and once she's married the other princes cannot go find her so casually so to her its the best solution

39 minutes ago, hazzle said:

Hmmm.. This is so interesting. 

If Ji Mong have large portion to make history change, then maybe he comes from future like HaeSo. 

But in C-Ver, because of Ruoxi knowledge and then tell to 8th prince, will cause blod war between princes..

I Dont know how Ji Mong will cause that..

Is that posible because of HaeSo, 8th and 4th princes have a war?

What is Ji Mong truly Identity.. :dizzy:

I feel like Ji Mong identity is that he's a time traveler. He knows his history and he knows the rule of time traveling one little thing can change history. He probably knows the outcome of all the princes and he knows who is destined to be king at the end of everything but in order for it to happen something needs to trigger the events. He probably went to the present to find modern day Hae Soo to bring her back since he probably knew she was destined to be the trigger for all the events to happen but her existence will be wipe out in the end and he knows why. I believe he doesn't have any bad intention but to him history needs to happen and to get the outcome he will do what needs to be done. I noticed he made sure to find a way to keep 4th within the palace cause he knows what is about to happen

• Like 15

20 hours ago, Tang Soon said:

ML is moving differently than C-Drama BBjX.

The revelations in Ep 5 that there is another traveller other than HS speaks volume and the idea of how long he has been in the Palace for the King prior to HS appearance.. Interesting is it not?  That is not in the C-Drama BBJX unless we are considering the other rival, Palace.

WS marrying YH, there is 2 possibilities.. Political marriage or she is actually HS.  Historical facts stated it is YH but knowing it is the past, no one outside palace actually seen YH but her name and status.. That is if the writer pushing for happy ending.

That's a great theory! Totally shipping this ending. LMAO:blush::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

hello (: just someone who is currently loving the drama right now. 

Side note: the whole complaint and nonsense hate that IU is getting for her "big eyes acting" is really ugh. SHE's NOT EVEN THAT BAD IN ACTING, she actually improved A LOT. Ofc, if you compare her acting to LJK OR KHN, there's an obvious difference. For me, I THINK HER ACTING IS FINE.

what annoys me most is the really UNNESSCARY close ups and zoom on the faces out of nowhere. OY.

anyways ;; I do sure my worries on how this love triangle will go. I remember reading a plot when the drama was stil filming that HS will be in a brief relationship w/ WW but she falls in love with WS & those two love each other. I can't wait to see how that will develop. 

I think her acting is just right for the part of HS so I don't understand why there are so many complaints. Yes she tends to have too many wide eyed looks which was emphasized by the too many closeup shots of her. As for closeups of Joon Gi, no problem there because his micro expressions are so good and needed to portray his character WS. I like their pairing fine, much better than his pairing with LYB in SWWTN or NSM in Joseon Gunman, the actor/actress chemistry and interaction is better with IU.

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Yeon Hwa knew that if she sent Hae Soo back to her hometown, her brother would say no because she has no more family left that's the reason why Lady Hae took her in. Plus she knows the princes are all taking interest in Hae Soo so if she were to sent her away, all of them would manage to find a way to bring her back or keep her. Marrying her off to somebody else meaning she is somebody's wife and cannot leave. She's making sure Hae Soo has no reason to return if she's marry since back in the days if you are marry, you belong to that household and once she's married the other princes cannot go find her so casually so to her its the best solution

Aaaah I see...you're right, if she's just sent back to her hometown, a prince that took interest on her would find a way to bring her back eventually, I understand now. One more thing that I just realize... why Yeon Hwa is the only lady running the 8th household? I understand that Lady Hae is sick, but I thought if that's the case, shouldn't Yeon Hwa be the 'assistant of the house' first? The highest decision making should be on Lady Hae's hand still, even if she's sick. Or has Yeon Hwa been given full control of the house by Lady Hae or Wang Wook...?

• Like 7

Why koreans are so mean to IU...

TV: 'Moon Lovers' continues to struggle, who is to blame?

htm_20160909101145827716.jpg

Article: Is IU to blame for 'Moon Lovers' slump?

Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate

1. [+1,086, -91] Her facial expressions are always o.o;;;;;;; Please just stick to what you're good at. Why do something you're not good at and get all this hate....

2. [+1,024, -104] Jun Ki's trying to save it... but IU's ruining it...

3. [+936, -80] The article hit the nail on the head. As an Lee Jun Ki fan, this is so upsetting ㅠ_ㅠ........

4. [+163, -20] I want to ask a genuine question. Is IU a face really pretty enough for a lead role? I seriously don't understand how she got this role at all. IU has no dimension to her face, she doesn't seem like an actor. I can't focus on the drama because she sounds like a choding when she talks. Please stop acting. There are so many taller, prettier actors, why is IU a lead in such a big drama like this..

5. [+152, -22] It really is IU's fault. Yes, everything is to blame on IU being the female lead.

6. [+134, -13] With the drama getting a 15 billion won funding, you'd think they could've cast a real actress instead of an idol. IU's image isn't what it was in the past, and her acting skills aren't like Lee Byung Hun's where it can cover for his mistakes

7. [+118, -17] Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's skills could rival 'Gurumi'. The plot and everything is great but IU, just why... her face just isn't meant for a female lead. I'd rather someone like Moon Geun Young, Shin Se Kyung, or Moon Chae Won take her role... an actress in her mid-late twenties. IU always has that same facial expression in all of the still cuts for 'Moon Lovers'. It reminds me of a baby orangutan...

8. [+87, -15] Yeah she's too ugly

9. [+78, -12] IU's amazing skills in turning all of the dramas she's a lead in into flops, and yet she still dares to say it's not her fault?

10. [+77, -13] I honestly can't focus because of IU either. I tried to watch for Lee Jun Ki but actually found out about Kang Ha Neul~!! He's so good!!

11. [+61, -10] This drama never stood a chance. Lost to Park Bogum and Kim Yoo Jung, and to IU and Baekhyun's acting.

12. [+60, -8] She's so greedy with acting. Just stick to singing. There are things that you can work hard on and improve but also things that will never improve no matter how much effort you put into. Her face has always been the type that you get sick of seeing if you look at it too much so it's perfect for a singer who promotes in short intervals at a time.

13. [+58, -9] Ah... never did I imagine that 'Moon Lovers' would be ruined this horribly...

14. [+56, -12] Yes, her fault...

Link: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/09/tv-moon-lovers-continues-to-struggle.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 5

My thoughts on the preview.....

HS is technically a 21 century women. So having an arranged marriage is definitely out of the question. I also thought the king wanted his precious daughter to get married off. Did she on purpose push the responsibility on to HS? If so that's just f* up.

As for HS trying to kill herself that's understandable in a way. During that era a women's life is merely treated as an accessory most of the time. So after knowing that, arrange marriages  scare the c*** out of me. 

Now for WS possibly being angry at HS for trying to kill herself. I  completely would  understand because he is someone who has been through so much more than her . He decided to continue to fight instead of ending his life. 

Finally, the kidnapped / running away scene gives our otp the time to strengthen their bond. I think WW and WS will put their  differences aside and work together  to protect HS. WW will act as the decoy while our otp runs away.  I think choosing WS as the kidnapper is a better chance for HS. WS has experienced  the outside world and also he can protect  her better because of his reputation. ( bad for WW good for WS) 

(I think we all understand now why our otp moments were short in the first five episodes. ) :lol:

OK just the fact that WW was already happily married in a way, makes it hard for me to ship WW and HS together at all. If his wife was still alive and well, it makes HS a home wrecker and WW an unfaithful husband, so no thanks.

GOING BACK TO SLEEP NOW IT'S 3AM IN TH MORNING (BASHING MY HEAD)

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

I accidentally found this song, sung by Lee Joon Gi and I don't even know the title but it sounds so beautiful. Anyone know the title of this song? I wish someone would be kind enough to make a nice MV with this song, it's just so beautiful...

It is called "Sweet Memory" here it is 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

1. [+1,086, -91] Her facial expressions are always o.o;;;;;;; Please just stick to what you're good at. Why do something you're not good at and get all this hate....

3. [+936, -80] The article hit the nail on the head. As an Lee Jun Ki fan, this is so upsetting ㅠ_ㅠ........

4. [+163, -20] I want to ask a genuine question. Is IU a face really pretty enough for a lead role? I seriously don't understand how she got this role at all. IU has no dimension to her face, she doesn't seem like an actor. I can't focus on the drama because she sounds like a choding when she talks. Please stop acting. There are so many taller, prettier actors, why is IU a lead in such a big drama like this..

5. [+152, -22] It really is IU's fault. Yes, everything is to blame on IU being the female lead.

6. [+134, -13] With the drama getting a 15 billion won funding, you'd think they could've cast a real actress instead of an idol. IU's image isn't what it was in the past, and her acting skills aren't like Lee Byung Hun's where it can cover for his mistakes

7. [+118, -17] Lee Jun Ki and Kang Ha Neul's skills could rival 'Gurumi'. The plot and everything is great but IU, just why... her face just isn't meant for a female lead. I'd rather someone like Moon Geun Young, Shin Se Kyung, or Moon Chae Won take her role... an actress in her mid-late twenties. IU always has that same facial expression in all of the still cuts for 'Moon Lovers'. It reminds me of a baby orangutan...

9. [+78, -12] IU's amazing skills in turning all of the dramas she's a lead in into flops, and yet she still dares to say it's not her fault?

10. [+77, -13] I honestly can't focus because of IU either. I tried to watch for Lee Jun Ki but actually found out about Kang Ha Neul~!! He's so good!!

11. [+61, -10] This drama never stood a chance. Lost to Park Bogum and Kim Yoo Jung, and to IU and Baekhyun's acting.

12. [+60, -8] She's so greedy with acting. Just stick to singing. There are things that you can work hard on and improve but also things that will never improve no matter how much effort you put into. Her face has always been the type that you get sick of seeing if you look at it too much so it's perfect for a singer who promotes in short intervals at a time.

13. [+58, -9] Ah... never did I imagine that 'Moon Lovers' would be ruined this horribly...

Link: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/09/tv-moon-lovers-continues-to-struggle.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's best that we ignore this kind of article...also, I'm a frequent Netizenbuzz viewer and I noticed that Netizenbuzz mostly translated negative comments because it's the one that evoked their traffic. Also, we have a happy news for Moon Lovers before right? Moon Lovers are reigning the internet streaming, so I think we better focus more on that happy news instead so our viewing experience is not ruined, hehehee... :D

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Wow... just... hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif

What is wrong with these people? All of those comments are just vicious. Anonymity at it's best. expulsion-onion-head-emoticon.gif I'm not a fangirl, far from it. I never heard of IU before this drama, but she doesn't deserve this. She's really not that bad. 

I'd love to be able to read that article. Oh well.  

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

That website translates negative comments because that gets the most views which means more ad revenues. the fact that she translates NATE instead of naver further proves that. Nate (Or Pann) has a bad reputation among Koreans, it's a site where famous female idols get bashed for just breathing, so I wouldn't even take it seriously.

korea loves IU, "scandals" (in quotes bec it was a witch hunt) and all, her CFs become hits, the general public still love her.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

@IAmSoulReader @fangurling123 @Gitakawaii

Sent you all a PM with the download link. I'm sorry there's no streaming site yet.

Quiz: Which Scarlet Heart: Ryeo cast is your ultimate prince charming?

23f74bf8-7711-4fe9-aa5b-81d7fa0f4ee0.jpg

Which Scarlet Heart: Ryeo prince is the most compatible with you? We’re not Hae Soo (IU), but let’s pretend for a moment that we are. We already know Hae Soo will end up with sexy Wang So, but let’s pretend for a moment that we can influence her future prince charming. If you agree with us so far, then this quiz is for you!

In the quiz, you’ll answer a series of questions about your Mr. Right, and the options will correlated to personalities of the four princes: the fourth prince Wang So (Lee Joon Ki), eighth prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha Neul), third prince Wang Yo (Hong Jong Hyun), and fourteenth prince Wang Jung (Ji Soo).

Which Scarlet Heart: Ryeo prince is yours? Take this quiz now to find out!

https://www.dramafever.com/news/quiz-which-scarlet-heart-ryeo-cast-is-your-ultimate-prince-charming/

Result: Lee Joon Ki clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif

As if there was any doubt :D 

Result: Lee Joon Ki

:D

LJK's skin looks so...soft in that pic hahahahaha softer than mine... 

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I think her acting is just right for the part of HS so I don't understand why there are so many complaints. Yes she tends to have too many wide eyed looks which was emphasized by the too many closeup shots of her. As for closeups of Joon Gi, no problem there because his micro expressions are so good and needed to portray his character WS. I like their pairing fine, much better than his pairing with LYB in SWWTN or NSM in Joseon Gunman, the actor/actress chemistry and interaction is better with IU.

I watched both, JG and SWWTN and I agree with you. LJG has more chemistry with IU. They fit better. And there are more14 episodes to prove their chemistry

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

I watched both, JG and SWWTN and I agree with you. LJG has more chemistry with IU. They fit better. And there are more14 episodes to prove their chemistry

I have too and I agree as well. I really like this pairing a lot more, they suit! Couldn't finish JG :( haha

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

I really wonder why the mother hates WS is it because he is scarred? That would be a stupid reason to hate him. :angry:

When Jung (14th) tries to defend WS from the mother, she declares to him that WS is bad luck/cursed and that she doesn't want Jung to suffer the way she has. While definitely the scar - and I can't even say latent guilt because I think she's too self-centered to feel guilty - plays a role in her distaste for WS, she has also decided to blame him for that miserable period in her life (the death of her firstborn, the king's rejection and new marriage as well as the scar itself). People do that in real life all the time - they go through a terrible period and they'll blame themselves or they'll blame a break-up or a boss or the supernatural or god or objects - and really awful, abusive parents will blame a child. By this point I believe she's convinced herself he was the cause of every bad thing and if the bad things seemed to stop happening once he wasn't around, then that would feed her delusion.

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I feel like Ji Mong identity is that he's a time traveler. He knows his history and he knows the rule of time traveling one little thing can change history. He probably knows the outcome of all the princes and he knows who is destined to be king at the end of everything but in order for it to happen something needs to trigger the events. He probably went to the present to find modern day Hae Soo to bring her back since he probably knew she was destined to be the trigger for all the events to happen but her existence will be wipe out in the end and he knows why. I believe he doesn't have any bad intention but to him history needs to happen and to get the outcome he will do what needs to be done. I noticed he made sure to find a way to keep 4th within the palace cause he knows what is about to happen

I agree with you. Ji Mong is one of hidden character. He has knowledge and make sure that will be happen. :blush:

18 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

Its Okay Chingu.. Hwaiting !

I think IU is one of the stable Idol turn Actress right now.. I Like her since Dream High..

Too bad for SK fans that they dont watch the drama because they think the female lead cant act..

IU had been improved so much and she was so pretty..

I Hope this drama will be success internationally and make headlines everywhere .. >.< Hwating !

• Like 15

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Hovering...thats perfect word to describe what he  is doing so far.

but surely we need some Jumping next epi onwards...otherwise my SLS will be badly hit... and that too gradually to not look odd and at the same time not too slowly that we would see another 3-4 epi pass to look at him standing at shore in dilemma to jump or not to.

Maybe we need to push him in order for him to jump. The tag line is 'suicide by audience frustation' or 'unintentionally murdered due to hovering habit'. :confused:

• Like 7

i want to talk about at what point WS actually relate to HS in form of his feeling? i think when WS went crazy after meeting with his crazy mom.. and he keep saying he kill all those people actually hoping HS will react the same that she will scared and disgust with him but HS just calmly said why he kill those people just to bring shock and disbelief from WS.. 

there are still someone that don't judge him and scared with the fact he been killing people.. actually i think he scared of her at that point.. she just not like everybody else.. he scared that she can see past his mask and knew his suffering.. at one point later he scared she will hold the power and key to his heart and soul... 

• Like 12