[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

7 minutes ago, shiraru said:

I know we shouldn't compare...but I was watching Bu Bu Jing Xin a bit (haven't finished), and I noticed that Ruoxi seems to know her history better on Qing than Hae Soo on Goryeo. Just a teeny-tiny thought...since I heard that BBJX ends with history not changing despite Ruoxi's involvement, I think it's possible the writer of Moon Lovers made Hae Soo not knowing her history well on purpose. Hae Soo is quite an upright person judging from her asking for the 10th and 4th to apologize for their fault in earlier episodes, an upright person would want to change everything for the better, if they can prevent tragedies, they would do anything for it. If Hae Soo knows her history better, the possibility of her changing the past would be bigger. But this can be a double edged sword though, Hae Soo can still change the past without her knowing it if she doesn't know her history well.

My theory on the reason why the writers wrote that Hae Soo not knowing her history fully is because like you said if she knows she could want to change history knowing the outcome of their fates. Like in BBJX when Ruoxi knew all the princes fate, she still went ahead and warn 8th to be careful of 4th in which he then aimed to get rid of 4th in which pushed 4th to want the throne. If Hae Soo knew before hand the outcome of the princes she would want to prevent it from happening even though she knows she shouldn't change history. She does remember that out of the princes, one of them will be king and be cruel toward the others but she doesn't know which one. I think the writers tend to do that so when she realized it was 4th all along, she then realized that her presence was the trigger to the history even though the outcome didn't change. Maybe that's how the writers are going to justify for her going back to the past, the astronomer probably went to the future to get modern day Hae Soo cause he knows that 4th is fated to be king and will be since he time traveled but in order to put it in motion he needs somebody to trigger it and that would be Hae Soo. I feel like the writers want Hae Soo to be the trigger that cause it all since probably like in the cversion, she was written out of history so her existence is not present. She probably would remember her history along the way of the journey its like teaching history to a kid. Plus the writers want to make sure they don't change too much cause neitizens will complain that its straying away from the history 

• Like 19

@shiraru Rouxi tried to change it. That's why after they broke up, she warned the 8th about the 4th to avoid bloodshed. Ironically, because of her warning, 8th decided to go against the 4th, and thus the tragedies happened and nothing was changed in the history. So, i think regardless of what Rouxi/HS will do in the past, it won't change the history. 

• Like 16

Hae Soo not knowing that much about history is actually very realistic (in fact, some think she knows too much). I didn't know much about Gwangjong until I watched Shine or Go Crazy, either. Most Koreans know more about Joseon than Goryeo anyway. Hae Soo remembers a lot more from the history classes in middle/high school than I do. (Granted, I'm much older than Go Ha Jin... But even in my twenties, I wouldn't have remembered anything about Gwangjong killing most of his brothers.) Plus, history is not a subject that is emphasized in the Korean education system.

Besides, we have Choi Ji Mong who seems to be another time traveller who's been messing with history... 

• Like 20

@Immortal_Angel Interesting...so there's a possibility Ji Mong the astronomer planned Ha Jin / Hae Soo to be time-travelled from the start. From episode 1, I was wondering if Hae Soo's time travelling is on purpose or she simply just a variable; she's just at the wrong place at a wrong time when the drowning kid and the eclipse happened, but if your theory is true, then Ji Mong is the most calculative and cunning character in the drama in my opinion, and he didn't even appear often!

@ShinRaeMi Aaah I see...that sound intense...I'm scared to watch BBJX till the end, I'm afraid my heart can't take it if it ends with sadness, aaaaa... :tears:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, shana0127 said:

I have been haunting this place since long. And after reading comments and watching all episodes with sub all i wanna say is that i am loving it :-)

@shana0127, welcome to ML:SHR thread   :)

2 hours ago, shiraru said:

I know we shouldn't compare...but I was watching Bu Bu Jing Xin a bit (haven't finished), and I noticed that Ruoxi seems to know her history better on Qing than Hae Soo on Goryeo. Just a teeny-tiny thought...since I heard that BBJX ends with history not changing despite Ruoxi's involvement, I think it's possible the writer of Moon Lovers made Hae Soo not knowing her history well on purpose. Hae Soo is quite an upright person judging from her asking for the 10th and 4th to apologize for their fault in earlier episodes, an upright person would want to change everything for the better, if they can prevent tragedies, they would do anything for it. If Hae Soo knows her history better, the possibility of her changing the past would be bigger. But this can be a double edged sword though, Hae Soo can still change the past without her knowing it if she doesn't know her history well.

@shiraru, interesting thoughts...  I saw several commentators who mentioned that Ruoxi knew her history far better than Hae-Soo. But it is also important to remember, I think, that in the end, Ruoxi was not able to change the course of history.

I find it interesting. There are other movies/tv from around the world about time travel about wanting to change the past, in which we see that the past "does not want to change," or that there are consequences to changing it.

Spoiler

Korean drama "Signal" and "Nine:Nine Time Travel" are two examples that come to mind.
Also an American TV series I am watching now about the Kennedy assassination "11-22-63"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The final results of the DramaFever poll

SHR%200-DF-Poll-2-Results_zpspu4amcud.pn

• Like 22

14 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

@shiraru Rouxi tried to change it. That's why after they broke up, she warned the 8th about the 4th to avoid bloodshed. Ironically, because of her warning, 8th decided to go against the 4th, and thus the tragedies happened and nothing was changed in the history. So, i think regardless of what Rouxi/HS will do in the past, it won't change the history. 

Also I feel like the writers want to show that even with time travel, there are things that are destined to happen and nothing can really change it even with somebody from modern time. There are things that happen for a reason and it needs something to push it in order for it to fall into place. That's why I feel the astronomer knew that before hand and meeting modern Hae Soo wasn't just a coincidence  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Gosh, so these two costumes...
....must be King and Queen's outfits :scream:  No wonder those two costumes look so similar in appearance and detail :cry: now i notice that Hanna's character even wears a tiara in that poster  :scream:

If YeonHwa becomes the queen, it will be the end of the world for me :scream: That evil princess  is even worse than Red Queen Sms, she hates Haesoo and wants to abuse her all the time :bawling:   

Great catch! Oh noes ;__; I knew from the start that there was no happy ending for this drama, but the angst will be so much worse than I imagined I guess. I can't fathom the stress and the sadness Hs will have to endure. This is going to be heart wrenching ;__;

On the issue of Hs not being knowledgeable on history; I think she will try to change the course of events, because in the long preview when she says "I can do it, I'm not going to cast a blind eye. I'm not going to let anyone become unfortunate" it sounds to me like she intends to do something. Somehow she will find out about it all then, maybe from the astronomer? 

• Like 11

First, I prefer to think more about the evolution of WS-HS relationship than the ending itself or when WS will get married to YH as I want to enjoy their falling in love with each other and their kiss!!:wub:

Then I would like to comment on the relationship between Wang So and his father, something we didn't talk much about. It was more about the Queen Yoo and her reason why she rejected Wang So. However, Wang So was also neglected and rejected by his own father. Why did he send Wang So away or accept to have his son adopted by the Kang's from Shinju in the first place? I mean, he could have chosen someone else. 

While Yoo wanted to get rid of Wang So because he was the perpetual reminder of her failure by blackmailing Taejo, Taejo's reasons could have been that he thought that Wang So must have blamed him for his scar due his refusal to the Queen Yoo. In my opinion, since Wang So was the one in danger, Taejo thought, Wang So must have resented him for threatening his life and inflicting his wound on the face. This explains why Taejo is so suspicious of Wang So the entire time. He has the idea that the event must have created a riff between him and Wang So, while thinking the incident must have brought Wang So closer to his mother. He thinks that Wang So would do anything to hurt his father as he only cared for the Crown Prince and more for his future wife. This reveals how distant Taejo has become from the Queen Yoo as he is totally unaware that Wang So is rejected by his own mother. Taejo knew exactly what was happening to Wang So the entire time (the hostage situation) but he didn't care as he always thought that since the incident with the knife Wang So had become a danger to him and the Crown Prince. When he asked Wang So about his adoption, Taejo said that the adoption happened because the lady from Kang had just lost his son. The king asked as if he had no idea about the real situation. Actually, he wants to know if his son resents him for the banishment and his suffering. This is a trap in order to find out if Wang So is still mad at his father and will do anything to hurt him. His answer is

By saying that he was just a hostage, he is not blaming his father. He blames his adoptive family that only saw him as hostage. His answer implies that his father never intented such a situation which is incorrect, yet he doesn't see his father as responsible for his misery.  

In the end Wang So is able to push aside all the suspicions his father had about him:

- he was never close to his brother Yo and his mother Yoo

- finally the prince claims, he is a subject to the king and the Crown Prince. By saying so, he kind of cut ties with his father and his own mother proving to the king that he didn't resent him for the past as the king had thought.     

• Like 20

31 minutes ago, Artheusa said:

I knew from the start that there was no happy ending for this drama, but the angst will be so much worse than I imagined I guess.

They will suffer... But I still have hope for happy ending. :o

@ruizaio Thank you for the info about the Korean education system. :) 

@irilight The situation was comical the first time I watched it, the tiny girl was caught spying seminude princes. I laughed. For me the focus was not their bodies, instead the embarrassing situation. But I think, it was better not to show it in the trailers. Also, that only happens in the first 10 minutes, we know the drama don't focus on fan service. :) It is only for comedy purposes...to balance the more dramatic ones. After all, this is not the typical saeguk...Bubujinxin at the beginning neither. It's only that in Moon Lovers, they gave more room for comedy. Well, that's how I see it. :)

• Like 16

Semi-rant so I'll put it in spoilers

Spoiler

@irilight

I love you I really do... but what's with that ''review'' up there? It's not that great, looks like just a bunch of random comments. And what's with their obsession with nipples? All mammals have them - nothing to be ashamed of or shamed about. 

Granted I found that scene a bit posey... but who am I to complain? :D They're trying to attract a certain audience. Nothing as graphic though as you'd see on Game of Thrones or it's ilk. (Not putting GOT down, huge fan here) So I don't really know what these ''reviewers'' are complaining about.

As far as the acting goes, it's not that bad either. Are we watching the same show?

@irilight no offence, but if I wanted to read bad reviews (and by bad I mean written) I wouldn't come here. There's enough negativity out there... I don't see the point in bringing it in here?? I'm all for debate and valuing others opinions so if you really want to bring negative reviews than make sure there's some semblance of sense to them. They don't even bother to explain why the acting is bad? 

Ok rant over. Sorry folks.

And I broke the signature rules :( but that is one cute puppy!

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, irilight said:

Scarlet Heart: Goryeo (New) (aka MoonJunki)

Oh, wow. Almost too much pretty. Hahahahhahahaha! Just kidding, when could THAT ever happen? 
It's not bad, this drama! Yes, I managed to watch something! It's also not actually good though... so predictable (yes, that also goes for the original story) and quite a bit of horrendously bad acting. But as long as I keep using the ffward button, I will be fine. I don't see why IU is getting so much hate though, she really isn't any worse than any of the others.

This is an emotional watch. I don't see problems. I don't care what So does, at this point. My heart is breaking for that sad, lonely boy and I DO NOT CARE how swoony you GET, Wang Wook, I love Wang So. My heart is IN this, for some reason. I'll even give up PA Lee.
Jaehyus: Then PA Lee is mine.
This ought to be interesting...
Trotwood: (*busting in even though I'm not watching any Moon drama*) What? Did someone say PA Lee is free?!?!  You are going to have to fight for PA Lee, Jaehyus.
When Lee Jun-ki is good, he is GOOD. With him, that means not too much overacting and lots of fight scenes. But I will be the first to admit that Kang Ha-neul looks VERY manly in this drama and I like it. I like it very much. He'll break our hearts into tiny little pieces, this kind prince, won't he.

There's nipples and nipples and nipples and nipples and nipples... I can't stop seeing them!
This Wang Won fellow...he looks familiar but not really.

Reveal hidden contents

I know shirtless is not technically naked for a man, but this is all very very very distracting.
I was wondering why they would bath with long black pants on!
I mean they were talking about something, and it seemed important, and there was probably something they had to do, but all I got in my brain were nips. I should get back to Changsha for a bit of rest...
I'm amazed that Kakashi was able to pull herself away from all the nipples to notice the wet black pants... but I'm glad she reminded me of them. I need to go back and rewatch.
In all honesty, those nipples don't really turn me on. But I'm glad Saki mentioned them because ovrall, they're probably this drama's biggest asset.
I'd have to agree regarding the nipples being the drama's biggest asset. I found myself walking away from the tablet a few times yesterday, which means I don't really care about anyone or anything on this show. Also, someone explain the Prince numbering system in the comments. Wook and So were born in the same year, but Wook is number 8 and So is number 4. Who are 5, 6 & 7? And because I'm watching Ep 3 out of boredom, I'd like to add that IU and Lee Junki have zero chemistry, while he has plenty with that girl playing Yeonhwa, and Baekhyun really is annoying. Final point, having now seen Ep 3: I'm less grossed out by the endogamy for some reason, than I am disturbed by 8th Prince falling for his wife's cousin who is also his ward and thus an adopted daughter. That is really creeping me out. (Don't forget that So will marry his half-sister! Ah, this family. They gave me a headache during Shine Or Go Crazy, and now they're at it again.)
I wasn't actually particularly enthused about any one set of nipples, no. As you know, I have my preferences in that area.  But it is nice to have a group of attractive men shirtless within viewing distance.
I'm in. I'm so in. Is it Monday yet?
I miss my sad wolf so much. Is it time yet? Is it time yet?
IT IS!

source: Dr. Myri blog spot

I'm sorry but who these people are that they feel they can trash an entire work on which dozen of people spent months of hard work and lack of sleep, while giggling and behaving like immature little pests. Seriously, I've no problem with rightful criticism but this is not it. For instance I often disagree with the views of the girls at dramabeans but at least they are always respectful enough of the actors and production staff to post full reviews and arguments when they don't like something. I hope ranting like I just did isn't against the rules (if it is, let me know and I'll delete this part), as it is, I believe unless it comes from a well respected reviewer, these kinds of opinions are not anymore valuable than anyone posting their thoughts on twitter or instagram (and we aren't posting every single negative post we encounter on the net regarding this drama, so why post this one).

Last but not least, their question on who are the princes between the 4th and the 8th, I'm really surprised it is asked so often because to me it's obvious given that TaeJo had like 30 wives and concubines that several princes may have been born the same year and if they didn't make it to the drama, chance is they are dead already. Let's not forget the year is 940sth and children and childbirth mortality rates were really high at that time (that's also why people kept having so many children, hoping at least a few would make it to their adult years).

Edited by bbygjjang
  • Like 18

@KdramaSwimmer thank you for the cool GIFs . I love specially the first one so much.

I remember LJK talking about his character Wang So on a interview and he explained that WS had only one woman in his heart and that was HS. She is the one that hugged him first, treated him well  and showed him care and respect. It was at first a relationship based on mutual care and understanding. And then he is the one that approached her romantically first. So, my dear friend, we will be seeing Wang So trying his best to seduce HS :D I bet it will be in a very manly and hot way. Cant't wait to see that happening. :wub:

But he added also that WS became very obsessive about HS. LJK facial expression when he said that line was a little bit different. I am fearing that his obsession about HS will go overboard and might be the reason he will be so furious about eliminating any threat that he might face. Which means that the bloody fight between 4th and 8th drama will be mainly for HS and not for the throne . I wonder how HS will be reacting to this. I bet she will be blaming herself to death, if the 8th will be killed by his brother because of her. My poor baby Soo ! She won't enjoy WS's love, if it turned out this way. :tears:

• Like 20

@MadraRua, @bbygjjang, @Gabi Bros, Thank you all for your comments about Dr.Myri blogspot comments

Spoiler

Like you all, I am loving this drama, but I am not loving the light comical parts (and I did not like them in the previews either). And I did agree with the comments that this particular scene was in poor taste. For that matter, I dislike most of the half naked bodies we see in this production. I have never seen that in any other sageuk or fantasy sageuk.  Personally, I feel - it is the influence of Universal investment in the project - in wanting to cater to Western viewers.

Lee Joon Gi has made a point of never going shirtless, because he wanted to prove himself as an actor first, and not a sexy body (and yes, I do think he is sexy! I love him), but in this production we do get to see him shirtless. I was almost shocked to see that.

There is a lot of good in this production for sure. But I was reading more POV's because I want to understand why the low ratings.

Sorry, that I seem to have offended some of you. That was NOT my intention for sure.

I have now edited to delete these comments.

• Like 12

This thrad goes so fast for only 5 eps. *sigh* I'm hardly keeping up. 

So I watched the preview for next ep again and saw Baek Ah with Wang So threatening Jungmo (is his name correct? The star guy?) while Wook sitting behind them. Wow their brotherly relationship (WS and BA) bonding thightly so fast. I'm glad someone in this forum (Sorry, I forget again. But all credit goes to you. You are awesome chingu!) mention about the leaked script. If not I'll be completely puzzled to why Baek Ah is with So. I mean I don't think he's fond of Wook right now. 

I hope Hae Soo haven't hurt herself too bad before the princes rescue them or the bloody hand thing is not her blood. I can't even think about the lovey dovey moment with Wook in the preview. It's just against the characters. Even for Wook. It's not that time yet and I hope it's just a dream or fantasy. But what do I know? This drama has to cope 5+ years in such short time and eps. They have to speed up what can be speed up I guess. I just hope the result is not seem hurried on screen.

My take on Wook's action on the marriage deal? Too late too late. Why is his character have to think long and hard about everything while they need to hurry up? *sigh* At time like this I feel like I'm choosing the wrong side (pssttt... It is wrong. He'll never get the girl). I wish he's more like So about this so the love triangel power battle goes balance until Hae Soo makes her decision. If it goes like the preview seen, So would the one who's doing more hard work in rescuing Soo (that guy threatening someone and seen by his evilbornfromhell mother for it) and that guy hasn't falling in love with Soo yet. For me it makes the love triangel no fun hahaha. There should be tug wars and who tried harder to please or rescue the heroine, so the heart anxiety feels louder. I wish I was wrong and the writer makes Wook step out beyond his boundary of duty and responsibility not at the last sprout but from the get go the news broke. Believe me, it will work on So's behalf as well. It will make the HaeSo couple shining more brightly when the time comes in expense of Wook's despair (I'm doing my evil laugh as best as I could right now). :D

My bet on the marriage's deal? The whole Wook's family except him has something to do with it with some help from So's 'dearest' mother. They don't want Wook end up with ordinary girl like Hae Soo. 

It's just my random bubbling based on the preview. I could be totally wrong but it's fun to take guesses at the story line before it happens hehehe. I feel like I should go see a doctor or a shrink. This drama consume me. It's R88 all over again. :crazy:

Well, it is friday. We just have to survive trough weekend after this. Fighting Eclipers!

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, TeBe said:

@KdramaSwimmerthank you for themakncool GIFs . I love specially the first one so much.

I remember LJK talking about his character Wang So on a interview and he explained that WS had only one woman in his heart and that was HS. She is the one that hugged him first, treated him well  and showed him care and respect. It was at first a relationship based on mutual care and understanding. And then he is the one that approached her romantically first. So, my dear friend, we will be seeing Wang So trying his best to seduce HS :D I bet it will be in a very manly and hot way. Cant't wait to see that happening. :wub:

But he added also that WS became very obsessive about HS. LJK facial expression when he said that line was a little bit different. I am fearing that his obsession about HS will go overboard and might be the reason he will be so furious about eliminating any threat that he might face. Which means that the bloody fight between 4th and 8th drama will be mainly for HS and not for the throne . I wonder how HS will be reacting to this. I bet she will be blaming herself to death, if the 8th will be killed by his brother because of her. My poor baby Soo ! She won't enjoy WS's love, if it turned out this way. :tears:

Ur most welcome dear. First onemy fav too.

WS being more possessive , manly and hot...haha I Am going to have many such scenes to satisfy my heart...iLl never complain abt WS and hia seduction techniques on HS.

bloodshed and fight... this whole set up IS abt Game of throne via HS so hav to bear all that just with some boxes of tissue prepared.

Ahh I remeMber I hvnt talked much abt Milky Junki today... was busy IN making his expression gifs so had chance to watch epi 1, 4, 5 all again.. @MadraRua Unni ur suggestion worked....i Only had eyes on Junki whole day today...hehhehe

• Like 17