[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@bebebisous33 As always chingu, you always see what I miss. You were so right Wang Wook did love his wife. I agree Hae Soo belongs with Wang So because with him she doesn't have to pretend and he will cherish her more than any of the princes there. Baek Ha and Eun will cherish and love her as family. They will be loyal to her til the end of the drama. She will play the role of helping them finding their true mates and be very happy.  I agree Wang Wook will never abandon those ideals and responsibilities for her because of how he was raised.  Your right He would have never married her but he would have taken her as a concubine and that would have offended Hae Soo. I believe once she falls for Wang So she would do anything for him because her love for him would be much much deeper and true. True love is loving that person faults and all, nothing would come between them.  love-onion-head-emoticon.giflove-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

Annyeonghasaeyo my first time writing here and long time no see everyone!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-054.gif?1292792393

Hello my dear chingus @bebebisous33 and @UnniSarah as usual love...love reading your thoughts! Group hugsssss! :heart:

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, qwenli said:

The num really mind boggling. It's about 100mil per episode then. More then the population of some countries :D

Wowww...and after this I doubt anyone would say this drama IS not a success...iF yes then would have to redefine the definition of success Of a drama.

Let TV sets IN SK fail to give ITs due IN terms of rating but ITs getting everything outside...SHR hwaiting...

@dhia205  I am mean...hehe and IL proudly accept It....and yeah Tahts one delecious LooK no second Thought....

• Like 16

Does anyone know when WangSo gets married to the snooty princess? Before or After he became king ? I couldn't find the year of his marriage on the sites i opened. I wouldn't mind if he got married after HS disappeared. But i don;t want to see her living as a concubine while the princess gets to be the wife.

btw, can anyone explain the chinese streaming numbers to me ?

Someone on koala posted a comment saying that on a chinese site IQIYI, DOTS- 42 billion, heirs - 3.6 billion, MLFAS - 36 billion..  Whats the difference between IQIYI and youku ? How are we really doing?

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Good morning!! I would like to comment about this scene because I've noticed that many people were displeased with Yeon Hwa's comment. Her comment can be interpretated in two different ways: 

- either she does consider Wang So as an animal

- or she doesn't but she is only using the words Yo used and she is actually defending Wang So. Yes, I know, you must wonder. First, we shouldn't forget that Yeon Hwa hates his mother (Queen Yoo) above anything. She resents her for being the reason why her family was banished back then. And I am quite sure, she knows how close prince Wang Yo is close to his mother. In my opinion she is very careful, when she talks to him so I don't think, she would tell him what she really thinks.

Then it was Yo who described Wang So as such and not the other way around.  So she used Yo's description but she underlines that Wang So can definitely change (he can turn into a human). In my opinion, she is acting as if she accepts his point of view, yet she is also warning him that he shouldn't consider Wang So like inferior. The detached words (it would be fun!) don't reflect her own thoughts from my point of view. She doesn't want to appear too serious about Wang So, although she is really interested in Wang So. She is hiding her own thoughts and I don't think, she likes prince Yo since he is supported by his mother. She can't act offensive in front of him therefore she is acting as if she sees all this as entertainment, but she is not. The bet between Yo and So made her happy actually (see her reaction), but she got disappointed by Wang So's comment. However, she doesn't give up on Wang So, quite the opposite.

Good Morning chingu :)

I agree to 100 % that she did not give up on Wang So - and will not do that so easily - maybe not until the end.. we will see.  (or she will even win... Historical or not - I don´t like that!)

I agree too - that this Woman is used to be very careful with her words. We know that the King can use every Word as a Trap - and she just proved in Front of him how she acts to please him. But of course her plans are not to get away of the Palace.

Yes - she hates Queen Yoo and therefor her Underling too - no quetion for me. She could never trust the Man who follows every order of his Mother. She only used his Interest in her in that Moment to get a reaction from So - sure - she hoped and expected a different reaction. This was the second time she must felt like So let her down in front of someone else.

I agree - it is not an evidence for her to see Wang So as an animal too - just because she repeats WYs words. What makes me dislike her is the choice of words - extremly because we know how well she choose her words.

She is talking about Fun --- not if it could be interesting or something like that... hearing her that made me think about her smile when Hae So said to whip her instead and she - without thinking a second let her bound - and take the whip in her own hand - not waiting again to start the torture. This is the Woman who had fun too...

There is a Part about her I can only very much dislike. This did not say - that I can´t see where she comes from. I know her life was hard too and she had to witness early what can happen if she did not fit in the Game. And as a Woman she can never really gain the Power. Let me share her Discription again..

Screenshot%202016-09-08%2007.58.41_zpstf

You know that fits to me too --- she is interesting to become a King Maker - so the Woman with Power behind the Person she chose.  (marry him) And she is thinking to have Fun to turn an Animal to a Human. She likes to manipulate and pull the strings. She holds on to her Feelings for a Man she did not even know today. Yes - sometimes shec can see more about So than the others - but there are huge parts missing in her understanding.

I understand her hate toward the carefree Hae Soo - she since long has to live with worries and must be careful with every step. So she wish to let HS see what will happen beeing careless. I wonder if the Marriage HS will be pushed into is the Marriage the King had in his Mind for YH.

• Like 20

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@bebebisous33 As always chingu, you always see what I miss. You were so right Wang Wook did love his wife. I agree Hae Soo belongs with Wang So because with him she doesn't have to pretend and he will cherish her more than any of the princes there. Baek Ha and Eun will cherish and love her as family. They will be loyal to her til the end of the drama. She will play the role of helping them finding their true mates and be very happy.  I agree Wang Wook will never abandon those ideals and responsibilities for her because of how he was raised.  Your right He would have never married her but he would have taken her as a concubine and that would have offended Hae Soo. I believe once she falls for Wang So she would do anything for him because her love for him would be much much deeper and true. True love is loving that person faults and all, nothing would come between them.  love-onion-head-emoticon.giflove-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

@UnniSarah  In my opinion WW has a mask that needs to be snatch off his face I think he's a sheep in wolves clothing.. He has always taken credit for what WS has done and when will HS see this WW can't protect her the way WS will..

@Berou Thanks for the still, I think WW and HS makes a cute  couple off screen we can call them the wo so couple.. 

WW kinds of put me in remind of taejong son the one that usurp the throne from his brother..

• Like 10

On 9/7/2016 at 1:29 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for completing my analysis about Hae Soo and Wang wook. Your great analysis made me also think too. What will Wang Wook answer to Wang So? 

The question is why Wang So is asking him. First, he doesn't know what was the smiley about and so far, he doesn't know about the poem. Either he hears the story from Baek Ahn or he realises it himself. So why is he curious to know? IS it because he sees Hae Soo as his person (friend, ally) and he wants to make her happy or he has already decided to have Hae Soo? 

In the last episode, Wang So was pretty clear what he wanted from his marriage. So in my opinion, he could be already looking for a partner and he has set his eyes on Hae Soo. I mean, he had been busy all his life trying to survive so he could have answered, he had no idea about marriage as he had just settled in the palace. But the only real encounter between Wang So and Hae Soo in the episode 5 showed us how impressed she was about his appearance and she made him compliment. Wang So knows that Hae Soo is far from superficial: she doesn't care about his rank or his looks because when he was covered in blood, she didn't avoid him at all. So her compliments are genuine and he must have been touched by it. Besides, Wang So is still an outcast, who would like to marry someone like him... so he has more chances to marry someone with less connection and power. 

Actually, I can imagine that Wang So is already interested in Hae Soo, but if Wang Wook definitely doesn't answer to Wang So, this could mean that Wang So sees it as not a meddling. Yet, if Wang So hears about the story about the poem from Baek Ahn, then it is different since it is pretty clear that he knows what is going on. As conclusion, Wang So decides to help Hae Soo first and he needs Wang Wook's support. Besides, the word "child" he used could be seen as a clue that Wang So is not interested in her yet. On the other hand, Wang So could try to hide his true feelings/interest as well. As conclusion, anything is possible.

first of sorry for replying to it late and thanks for liking my posts eventhough its nothing in front of how marvelously you do the detailed analysis.....i was waiting to finish epi5 so that I can have all data to put it here.

1. WS addressing HS as Aayi (child), i agree he still does not have any romantic feelings attached but he just want to be her guardian (as HSs sister died) to make sure of her safety. And that includes her being his friend/ally.

2. I still doubt that was the case cause when WS had that interaction with YH cause his eyes did not have that spark when you have someone special or whom you thought you want to make special (LJK is good with expressions so he could not miss if this was supposed to be visible). he was just looking at infinity with eyes not having clear focus as if he himself is confused who to look for with this expectation.

3. I am also curious about it, why that question was put and only after knowing the reason it can be deciphered to find the emotions involved in it. So for now I can only say that WS was concerned about HS and wants to know how much WW (did we see WS putting it to WW or was it just voice over, cause if voice over possible it was asked to the person HS is going to marry...wild guess)

4. and that last part is perfect that WS wants to confirm he would not hurt anyone if he will be moving towards HS with his future in mind.

5. I have couple of inputs so far regarding YH and WS's expectation from their better half. They both want someone who can treasure them. And in the case when both want to be treasured it would be like ego play if get in marriage bond cause one will always have expectation in eyes to treasure him/her (while other would be expecting the same) that will tough to fulfilled and it will end up with disappointment and hitting marriage badly.

So in my view one should be ready to treasure the other one , his dreams, expectation and that will make the couple in perfect balance. And other one when gets all such selfless love and care will gradually heal emotionally and can fulfill first ones emotional needs.This marriage or relationship will go all the way to a happy future ahead.

A perfect couple has that understanding to change modes to know when who needs healing and support and other doing it then and later when other one needs it first one can do the same. So thay can switch roles from treasurer and treasured based upon the timing n requirement. But if both are too strong headed to step down n only want be treasured always then this will not work in long term (And we know WS and YH both are strong headed)

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@kdramakrazy

Historically, they are married before So becomes king. Their first son is born about 6 years after he becomes king.

I dont want to see So married to anothers.. :bawling:

53 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Wowww...and after this I doubt anyone would say this drama IS not a success...iF yes then would have to redefine the definition of success Of a drama.

Let TV sets IN SK fail to give ITs due IN terms of rating but ITs getting everything outside...SHR hwaiting...

@dhia205  I am mean...hehe and IL proudly accept It....and yeah Tahts one delecious LooK no second Thought....

This is a great drama, I dont understant why in SK rating is not really good. But for us, international fans, this is great drama..

I hope that this drama will be success in SK too.. 

29 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

You know that fits to me too --- she is interesting to become a King Maker - so the Woman with Power behind the Person she chose.  (marry him) And she is thinking to have Fun to turn an Animal to a Human. She likes to manipulate and pull the strings. She holds on to her Feelings for a Man she did not even know today. Yes - sometimes shec can see more about So than the others - but there are huge parts missing in her understanding.

I understand her hate toward the carefree Hae Soo - she since long has to live with worries and must be careful with every step. So she wish to let HS see what will happen beeing careless. I wonder if the Marriage HS will be pushed into is the Marriage the King had in his Mind for YH.

I guess YW will be another evil queen.YW and evil Queen were having same thought about power. So i guess she will make HS suffer too.. *poor our HaeSoo*

• Like 14

2 hours ago, shiraru said:

Y

So, I skimmed through the thread and I agree that Lee Junki's acting skills are top notch. All the young actors and actresses acting are not bad, but Lee Junki acting makes everyone's acting looks average. Maybe because he has been in the industry longer and he seems to take on various roles, so his acting range is pretty wide already. I think the one who can be on par with Lee Junki in the same scene in this drama are either actress who played Queen Yoo and or Kang Haneul. They did a good job on intense scenes, although Lee Junki's reaction is what made them all so intense. On the other hand, I think IU's acting compared to Lee Junki does look weak...at first, but somehow I gradually feel that it fits Hae Soo, it also fits the situation they were in for those scenes. I was wondering if there are any actress that can play Hae Soo better, but for now I can't imagine anyone else. As for Baekhyun, I'm glad for him to take on the 10th role, he's pretty cute and hilarious as Wang Eun, I get giddy when I see him with Hae Soo, like, "Why you so cuuute, 10th??"

actually I have to disagree with you about Queen Yoo. I think both her and the King's acting are not that great. There is not enough intensity of emotions. Most of the time, she is looking at 4th with just a blank perplex face, but I dont blame her. Her role is not easy to understand.

IU's acting can be improved but I think she is fine, it looks like she is not doing anything much because she IS supposed to be young and carefree and a modern soul anyway. KHN is nailing about 90% of stuff. Others I like to highlight are: Baekhyun as a young naive prince and Hong Jong Hyun as the evil Yo (they look effortless in their role).

• Like 12

I want to comment on Soo and Yeon Hwa's relationship too. I was confused because she showed interest in So..... they are half siblings right? Anyway it doesn't matter that much. In old times it was not weird and kinda common. 

I noticed early on that she showed interest in So but I also realized he has affection for her in one form or another too. Specially in episode 3 I believe, where Yeon Hwa patches up So he says that he always wondered what kind of woman she had become. It could be that in the past he liked her a bit or just saw her as a kind sister (he misunderstood her friendliness and she got sisterzoned lol). But WHAT IF he had stopped his feelings for her early on because he thought he had no chance (just like his brother said) and he wanted her to have a good life with a reputable husband? 

And now to Yeon Hwa. I think she wasn't always a richard simmons. Perhaps we'll see why later on. I think she is also somebody who doesn't mind So's scar. On the contrary I think she is dying to know how handsome he looks underneath, specially in the scene where she cleans his face. He turns away out of shame and she didn't insist out of respect!

There are also a lot of interpretations of the phrase So says to Yeon Hwa: "You're not asking me to put a value on you, are you?" A lot of people are saying that he disses her but I think he wants to make clear that he doesn't see her as an object but as a human. He then says that he wants somebody who will treasure him, somebody who is not concerned about this ugly face, somebody who doesn't look at his appearance (he probably thought she was scared of his scar but she was just being respectful). Unfortunately for her, he doesn't know that she feels exactly that way and she wants to be that girl!!!!

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, qwenli said:

actually I have to disagree with you about Queen Yoo. I think both her and the King's acting are not that great. There is not enough intensity of emotions. 

IU's acting can be improved but I think she is fine, it looks like she is not doing anything much because she IS supposed to be young and carefree and a modern soul anyway. KHN is nailing about 90% of stuff. Others I like to highlight are: Baekhyun is doing fine as a young naive prince. Hong Jong Hyun as the evil Yo.

Agree about the King...especially his laugh in the scene where Hae Soo delivered the soaps sounds okay, but his expression made it seem like it's a fake laugh. Well, about Queen Yo, I just rewatched again and I think I can understand why you said it lacks intensity, but for me it's more than okay though...oh well, maybe I just have a low standard of 'intense scene', hahahah XD Speaking of acting of the cast, I also think the one who played Lady Hae is really great. Her eyes are really expressive...I often get teary eyed too when she hold her tears back. Oh, Lady Hae...rest in peace.

• Like 12

hello,

I am also confuse about who to ship with who :) at this moment, I like both couples : Soo - Wook and Soo - So and I qoute fantasied how will be if we can have two dramas, one for each couple :))

but this is just one drama, and in this one Soo will be with So, so right now I am eager to see how their relationship develop;

I really hope that So will not be to her somekind of second hand love - like  if she cannot be with Wook, then she will fall in love with the next one that she will like - and this is because I am so into the ideea of falling in love as a destiny -

so these days I consolate myself telling me that her love for So will have to be even stronger cause with him she will have a bigger moral obstacle: he may not be married , but he will kill some of his brothers and others; for a modern sensibility - adulter is a moral sin, but murdering is a bigger one; not matter how necessary will be to make the new born kingdom stable, and not matter how required will be to kill in order to protect his ambition and wish to be a king, or maybe even to protect his life, is hard to imagine that Soo will not be shaked or devasted by knowing and maybe even seeing all those crimes So will make in order to become and remain a king .... I think she will understand and forgive him, but no less will be a tragic situation for her ;  I hope we see how her love for So will be that  stronger that to survive in such a situation, without minimizing her moral modern sensiblity 

• Like 13