[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I'm completely enamored by this drama. I'm terribly sad for the show's low ratings. However, I do understand Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds appeal (because I watch that too). 

But I find Haesoo endearing, and the 10th, 13th, and 14th princes adorable. The 4th and 8th are both so swoon-worthy that I don't know what to do with myself. I've been re-watching every episode multiple times because I enjoy them so much. I've been harassing my parents and a few friends to watch it. I haven't been very successful with friends, but my dad is watching it. Huzzah!

Usually, I abhor Mondays, but this show makes me crazy for the weekend to end so I can watch more!! <3 

The end of episode 5 was so heartbreaking. ;_; I'm anxious to find out how Haesoo, 8th, and 13th cope with the loss. ;_;

• Like 15

55 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I apologized for IU's fans who feel offended but sometimes I want to dream a delusional one. Is it not allowed anymore? Geez...

I think you misunderstood the tone of her comment. We are in forums and tone when we are not using emoticons or emojis is more easy to be misunderstood. :) There is no way someone can be offended. :lol: Is totally normal when people ship characters and also the actors in real life because of a drama… it happens all the time to a lot of people and is pretty normal, for some the experience is more enjoyable that way. Is okay. I understand what @matchacake tried to say thinking if that ever happens is not the right time because of IU's crazy dedicated antis, but it was just a thought. I don't feel it was something personal towards you. ;) Well, that's what I think and I am hoping not being wrong. :lol: My opinion is that you are allowed to daydream all what you want. Feel free to do that. \^0^/ 

@ossy91 I was confused because of those screen caps. Wang So had a similar scene in the first teaser where he hurt himself. Right? :huh: 

@valentvcd I was like you the first 5 episodes but after them, that look was totally normal in my eyes... and 9th, 13th and 14th were really handsome to me, even without hair haha.

@briseis Thank you for the gifs! And recaps! \^0^/

• Like 16

Wow guys!!! I've been out of the loop for less than 24 hrs and you guys already added more than 10 pages! I can't keep up! Haha! I love your enthusiasm for SH! 

OK,  can someone please tell me where you got the gif of HS removing WS's Mask?  Did it come from a teaser? And are we gonna see it next week? Can you please give me the source? Sorry, I have too many questions but its just because I'm so excited about the relationship development between WS and HS!!!!! That scene is just so precious, seeing WS let HS remove his mask shows how much he's opening up to her. Compared to the scene where YH was trying to touch his face and he shied away, I'm just so happy for our 4TH PRINCE!!!

And I'm also really confused about the horse riding scene at the ep5 preview. I clearly saw WW riding the horse but are there clips of WS too? I'mean going crazy, IU is so lucky huhuhuhu

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

@valentvcd I was like you the first 5 episodes but after them, that look was totally normal in my eyes... and 9th, 13th and 14th were really handsome to me, even without hair haha.

@Gabi Bros HAHAHAA..... LOL... I hope so.. it is few days already and still can't get over it.... try again right now..

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, kimmistalks said:

OK,  can someone please tell me where you got the gif of HS removing WS's Mask?  Did it come from a teaser? And are we gonna see it next week? Can you please give me the source?

Yes, is an scene of the 6 min preview released some time ago. It is not next week.

You can watch it HD (1080) here: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1071209

• Like 15

Busy at life...and there were already 10 pages to catch up!!! okay..I'm going to skip to last page..:rolleyes: . Last night, I rewatched MLSHR from first ep to ep 4 in a row..not watch ep 5 (not ready for the roller coaster yet lol) and when I watched it again..I think the actors/actresses did very well..but yes LJG sets a very high bar to acting so for some junior actors/actresses in this drama,even though they acted very well,bcoz of LJGs acting skill their acting could look average. I'm sure with more eps to come their acting could improve. And I can see,pieces by pieces,little by little..how HS actually suppressed her feelings for WW. I'm not good at putting it into beautiful words..so I'll give it to you friends to do that..hehehehe.

And I just love LJGs fighting scenes..he really looks awesome when doing that..(I hope he could be the next Samurai X -- if there's gonna be one :P ) LJG really put much efforts for this role..I mean this kind of drama needs deep chemistry between the characters,a very deep understanding for the roles,and a very good research to the history. And I think not only LJG did that but also all of his co-stars at this drama. Well,maybe it's a matter of experience in acting fields that made a diff.(LJGs been in this industry for 15 yrs now..while some of the actors only had a couple of years,but many pros actors too in this drama besides him). Yes,KHNs acting are very good too..but he didn't do those fighting scenes himself simply bcoz he's not there yet (in my opinion). I'm sure later,with more time passes,if he did well like LJG,then he could become like LJG. Good in acting skills,also fighting skills, and all skills needed to do a good acting. KHN had a very good potential,as a lot of actors in this drama (Jisoo,NJH,IU,Baekhyun..though I think that the later would focus more in singing field).

Oh..when I mentioned before about the wrong translation of Qing dynasty (WE and HS dialogue scenes ep4),I'm very glad to know that actually Baekhyun/WE said JIN ...so glad that the production team really did a research..(so it's right when I said China is in the era of 5 dynasties & 10 kingdoms). Hope everyone who didn't interested in this show could see all of the potential that MLSHR had,so they can love this drama as we all do. Can't wait for the next Monday..yayyy..it's already Thursday!!

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, kimmistalks said:

Wow guys!!! I've been out of the loop for less than 24 hrs and you guys already added more than 10 pages! I can't keep up! Haha! I love your enthusiasm for SH! 

OK,  can someone please tell me where you got the gif of HS removing WS's Mask?  Did it come from a teaser? And are we gonna see it next week? Can you please give me the source? Sorry, I have too many questions but its just because I'm so excited about the relationship development between WS and HS!!!!! That scene is just so precious, seeing WS let HS remove his mask shows how much he's opening up to her. Compared to the scene where YH was trying to touch his face and he shied away, I'm just so happy for our 4TH PRINCE!!!

And I'm also really confused about the horse riding scene at the ep5 preview. I clearly saw WW riding the horse but are there clips of WS too? I'mean going crazy, IU is so lucky huhuhuhu

You can find that scene in the long preview of SHR (the duration is around 6 minutes and the scene of HS taking off WS's mask is near the end of the clip).

As for ep 6 preview, we are guessing that WS and WW may work together to help HS get rid of the marriage she is forced into. It may be their plan to let the real HS run away with WS when WW is taking a decoy with him to distract the guards.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, ossy91 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Something happen with haesoo next week ??? 

Oh god that delicate hand is Haesoo's hand :cry: what is she doing? :cry: Is she trying to get out of that arranged marriage and come back to future by suicide :cry:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, elviraxxx said:

Sorry for cutting your post.

I kinda believe that YH likes So. She and So have the same father, but different moms... and So was adopted/exiled with the Kangs family. So yeah, they are basically siblings. 

Gee, bet it is so complicated to live in those times, because siblings and cousins marry each other. Not only in Goryeo, I think. Some European monarch did the same thing in the past in order to protect the throne from outsiders. 

Hey @elviraxxx, I also thought that YH genuinely likes WS during the first 4 episodes but the convo that YH and WY had about WS makes me think that she is only using WS for political reasons and entertainment. This convo just made me really angry because they were referring to WS as an animal. when in fact they're the ones acting like animals. 

YH is on another level of evil though, because even WY was taken aback at YH's thought of "taming" WS. Every episode I just hate her more >.<

CrzVAtmUEAAzgkQ.jpg

CrzVDWPUkAE9eKw.jpg

CrzU9OgUkAAIh79.jpg

• Like 19

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@skxz I also think like @MadraRua. Wang So is for me ship to sail for many reasons:

- the way he was introduced (he is represented by the raising sun). So the first scene illustrates his future. 

- but the way he interacts with Hae Soo.

Not only he helped her in the woods (the incident with Wang Jung) and the beating, he also stopped her from slapping the prince Wang Eun. Everyone was watching the scene but it could have become dangerous for Hae Soo, if she hadn't been stopped as Wang Eun could have got more than a blue eye. If she had slapped him, she would have humiliated him as prince. The entire time, Wang Wook was watching the whole scene and didn't intervene. After her action, Hae Soo is confronted with harsh reality. She must face the king's punishment. Wang Wook's position couldn't save her. Wang So helped her indirectly, when he stopped her. In my opinion, Wang Wook has been raised too much by biding to the rules and customs so that he would expect from Hae Soo (if she was his wife) to act like lady Hae. However, Hae Soo comes from the 21st century and her sense of justice and moral is totally different. She is for equity and doesn't like the hierarchy system in that society. Wang Wook has learnt from early on that his duty is to protect his family, so that he has always to think about his family first therefore he will never put Hae Soo first. Sure, he asked her through the poem about her feelings, yet I had the impression, he would have kept their situation unchanged: flirting next to his wife. I don't think, he would have ever asked to marry Hae Soo since she doesn't come from a powerful family like lady Hae.  I know, lady Hae wanted him to marry her cousin, however she did that because she knew that she was dying. From my point of view, Hae Soo will be depressed after her cousin's death so that the princes will try to cheer her up. Even Wang Wook won't be able to do it himself first, because he is as devastated as Hae Soo first. He will feel guilty and only after a certain time, he will be able to approach Hae Soo again, yet this will be already too late. First, Hae Soo can't accept his feelings any longer (she feels that she had betrayed her only friend and family member), secondly Yeon Hwa has already arranged the marriage for her so that she can get rid of Hae Soo who seems to attract many princes.

@bebebisous33 As always chingu, you always see what I miss. You were so right Wang Wook did love his wife. I agree Hae Soo belongs with Wang So because with him she doesn't have to pretend and he will cherish her more than any of the princes there. Baek Ha and Eun will cherish and love her as family. They will be loyal to her til the end of the drama. She will play the role of helping them finding their true mates and be very happy.  I agree Wang Wook will never abandon those ideals and responsibilities for her because of how he was raised.  Your right He would have never married her but he would have taken her as a concubine and that would have offended Hae Soo. I believe once she falls for Wang So she would do anything for him because her love for him would be much much deeper and true. True love is loving that person faults and all, nothing would come between them.  love-onion-head-emoticon.giflove-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

• Like 22

5 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

What if during another eclipse, both Ha Jin and Wang So get transported back/to the 21st century O.O? So basically the C-version ending, but this time, Wang So does recognize Hae Soo in the future~~

I wouldn't mind seeing modern day version of Wang So. It would be nice if he could kick butt on the boyfriend and best friend who betrayed HS. That would be a wonderful ending @Wendy Wang

5 hours ago, briseis said:

Sitting on that rock overlooking the Palace, the home he was banished from, Wang So truly looks like the proverbial solitary wolf living in the moutains. However, his solitude is not of his own choosing - it was forced upon him by his own family. It feels kind of symbolic, with Hae Soo being chosen as the brave maiden who would venture to feed him when no one else does. His is such a deep loneliness that even Hae Soo can instinctively sense it and it’s what stops her in the end from leaving him there.

It says so much when he doesn’t even protest when she sits down next to him under the pretext of needing to bring back the dishes. Even he can see through her lame excuse, because first, no one would care for the dishes and second, he is more than capable to carry them back himself. And he is the one who begins to talk to her being adorably embarrassed in front of her about his outburst the previous night

“If it’s home, I should have a family.”

Hae Soo is the only person who always finds Wang So at his weakest or when he completely loses control of himself and his emotions, and even though he threatens her each time he has never ever truly hurt her, which is why she feels so safe around him and not being afraid to say everything she wants to him, The way Hae Soo doesn’t mince words and treats WS without any fear or akwardness actually allows him to relax around her and tell her things that are on his mind, things that he wouldn’t tell to anyone. Maybe even because he never had anyone who would listen to him in the first place.

Awww, the bashful, curious sideay glances he keeps giving her! Plus they are really like two peas in a pod when they both adorably try to distract each other’s attention with a change of topic.

Agree with what you said. @briseis She's very perceptive to how he feels and correctly said aloud to herself he looks lonely. I love their interaction from the conversations to quiet moments and side glances 

18 minutes ago, qwenli said:

am trying to back read but cant catch up fast enough.

@solelylurking I fully understand the feeling of falling in love with the characters and wanting to ship the couples. I do so fall in love with some drama characters madly. Its always nice for co-actors to like each other so that the chemistry on screen will be good. I think part of the success of some recent dramas like dots is due in a part to actors who are single in life and viewers can ship all they want.

I just want to say to view any actor as being in love with a co-star so that they act very well in the show, is somehow abit of a discredit to the director's editing and an actor's acting abilities. KHN is a really talented actor, I saw him in Misaeng and abit in Empire of Lust and he look just like the character he is supposed to portray. In both shows, he was a villain. Considering he has debut for 10 years and his extensive training in theatre, his accumulated experience is quite substantial. From the Scarlet hearts interviews, when I compare them to his 8th prince character, his real life character seems very different, which shows his awesome ability to morph into anything.

Certainly we can still ship the characters together, but seriously, kissing, hugging and holding hands is par for norm and part of an actor's job. They dont see it the same way as us daily people. :sweatingbullets: I am not saying they dont like each other as friends, but for IU, I can see that despite being surrounded by a bunch of goodlooking hot bods and handsome guys, she doesnt seems the least affected, she didnt giggle, talk nonsense or flirt with any of them (unfortunately) in the cosmopolitan interview, photoshoot or bts. She has a clear head on her shoulders, which is quite incredible for her age.

Although i did not see all the bts and photoshoot but of what I seen and hear of her interview, IU is mature and as you put not giggly. @qwenli Perhaps she's oso being careful and thoughtful for her boyfriend sake. Her boyfriend oso mention before they never felt the gap in age despite him being much older than her. I thk it reflects on her maturity and of course their shared love for music. 

• Like 21

IU is a loyal girl friend.. anyway.. she has many male friend.. like jonghyun shinee, yonghwa cnblue, seulong , taecyon, kim soohyun , hyunwoo , jo jung suk and many more... 

Even her boyfriend ever come to the set. When she shoot for Scarlet heart ryeo.. 

She like making friend now.. she said.. because this drama she can get so many friends.. 

• Like 14

Cried a river at the end of episode 5....... re-watched more than 5 times and my river of tears just flowed longer each time, sorrowfully framed with weeping willows at every bend. Oh my heart ! 

But I was also comforted by a couple of LOL moments in this episode. 

1. When Wang Wook asked if Haesoo preferred poems or songs. I am a fan of singer-songwriter IU, so i really laughed out loud at the moment when Haesoo realized that "gayo" to her meant those year-end song fests ie SBS Gayo Daejun, as opposed to Wang Wook's "gayo" , songs of the  common folk in Goryeo. K-pop culture referencing in ancient Goryeo, kekeke~~

2. When Wang So told Wang Eun to put up his hands during the emoji explanation. Wang So said "haneul" which means "sky", as in telling Wang Eun to put his hands up above. I just had to laugh at Writer-nim for making fun of Wang Wook's alter ego -- Kang Sky ! 

I have watched C-BBJX many times and i must say this... I am ready to forget the original version and am so,so ready to ride along with (Wang So on his stallion?! Lol) Haesoo and her princes for a totally new plot and characterization. 

• Like 21

3 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Although Lady Hae only asked for Wook, I can understand why Soo trailed behind them. She wasn't trying to intrude or to be nosy, in my opinion, but Lady Hae is the person she's closest to. Her mother figure, her cousin, her rock, and her support when she first time traveled to Goryeo. She's built a bond with her and the panic that Lady Hae is dying, the grief that she'll never be able to see her again, and the pain of impending loss makes Hae Soo follow them from a distance. She's far enough away to give the couple their privacy, but close enough to keep an eye on Lady Hae, to engrave her into memory, to remember her every detail, to cherish the last remaining moments before Lady Hae passes away.

If I were Hae Soo, I would probably do the same. I'll never see her again, so why would I waste the remaining time left being separated from her?

This is a really great point, guess I'm too blinded by my rage last night that I was completely biased on how meaningful that scene was for everyone. Just to give my stand on how I ended up reacting like that was first, Soo already got that memory to cherish .. that's when Lady Hae confronted her "on how foolish the both of them" then asking her to do her make up for her, in a sense.. Lady Hae knew exactly that they'll feel so remorseful it's like her saying "I know, it's alright, I forgive you.. take care of him".. so in my opinion Soo following them is unnecessary.. Of course, naturally Lady Hae wanted her last breath beside Wook, she wants to cherish her last moment with him.. More than anyone Soo should've thought of that and give them their complete privacy.. but yea maybe there's more to it that I failed to understand. :mellow:

On another note, YH is getting more scarier (I'm having this strange feeling that she's in the same league as Queen Yoo).. I just can't figure out how could she marry her off, and it seems that none of the princes can't block the arrangement.. I don't think princess got more authority than a prince that time.. so I'm leaning on, did Wook's mother didn't grant Lady Hae's last wish, or someone higher than that(Queen Yoo?) but it's not her household.. she had no ties with her.. is that possible? 

• Like 13