[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

• 3 weeks later...

I was devastated after watching this Drama. It will forever remain as one of my favorite ones, even if its re-watch value is very low due to that tragic ending. I'm not gonna be hopelessly waiting for a second season because it's ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE and here's why:

1. The show was supposed to have monumental ratings given the cost of production and it tanked. I'm guessing everyone involved was expecting the show to be a blockbuster so much that they wrapped up production before the first episode even aired - which is extremely uncommon.

2. I'm guessing the producers wrapped everything up early and were just expecting a green light to start working on the second season as soon as the first season finale aired, since everyone thought it'd be a massive hit.

3. Since the show performed badly in terms of domestic ratings (As popular as it might've been overseas, I'm guessing only domestic ratings can truly support a show) they producers had to deviate from the original plan and since filming had wrapped up they could only edit out/in some scenes. For example, I'm fairly certain that had the show been a hit, the first season would've ended sort of like the Chinese version: Hae Soo, or Go Ha Jin if you prefer sees present-day Wang So at the gallery, or present-day Wang So sees a girl crying and hands her a handkerchief (IU posted a caption on IG, which seemed like a deleted scene). Also, that last scene where Wang So gives Hae Soo a piggyback ride seems to have been some sort of unused footage that was added just to make it easier on our hearts, because it feels totally out of place. My guess is that they couldn't edit out the ''If we're from different worlds, I'm gonna find you scene'' since it was too powerful and the finale would've been emptier. Under normal circumstances, that would've been the cue for season two, but that's just ''open to interpretation'' *sigh*

4. Season 2 would only be possible with a huge buzz surrounding the show because it'd be a shot in the dark. Apparently, the Chinese second season is really bad. The screenwriters would have to be incredible capable to make the show work in the 21st century without a novel to rely on - the original Chinese novel only covers the events in the past (Season 1). So, season two would in all likelihood be a mess. A mess that could only become true had the show been a tremendous success.

As much as it pains me, it's been 3.5 years since the show ended, all those petitions/fan-made teasers aren't gonna change a thing. 

It's just sad that every time I'm tempted to re-watch the show, I'll have to bare in mind that despite the magical and entertaining adventure, it will let me down in the end. Sucks!

Edited by HaeSooWangSo
typos
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first of all I would like to thank you all for this amazing forum. I am a new fan of Moon Lovers and it is killing me. It is the most gut and heart wrenching show I have ever watched. I am sorry to bother you but I would like some help if you can. I know that the show has two versions: the SBS re-edited one and the international one. I originally watched the SBS version on kissasian and I am very eager to download/watch the international one with English subs for the differences/missing scenes. However, there lies the problem: I have managed to download in 1080p both versions (SBS and international) and also the SBS Director’s Cut episodes. I have also managed to find the subtitles (in .srt) for the SBS version (and the 3 SBS Director’s Cut episodes). However, I cannot seem to find anywhere the subs for the international version. I have checked repeatedly in subscene, downloading all possible versions and checking and none seem to fit (even the ones from Dramafever which is the site that had the international version to begin with seem to have been re-edited). Also in sites like dramacool, dramanice etc, half the episodes seem to be the SBS version and half seem to be the international one. The whole thing is an awful confusing mess and I am so frustrated and angry. They have let this show down so much. It is such a masterpiece. So, my question for you is this please if anyone can answer: do you know where I can find the subs for the international version (in .srt)? Do you have a link, a site, anything, even in subscene? There are so many subs there, it is overwhelming and I may be missing something. Or if the international subs are no longer available in srt, do you know of a site where I can watch/download only the international version with English subs embedded? Frankly, I’ll take anything!!!!Thank you in advance for listening to my rant and again for the work you put in this incredible site.

Edited by alkmak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey , I worked on this analysis of Scarlet heart for months Wang So and Hae soo relationship

Read it if you want. 
Im posting this because I feel like this belongs here because I went through so many posts into this forum to eventually reach my conclusion and even refrenced some. Thanks to the moderators who made everything easy.

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:54 AM, alkmak said:

Hello, first of all I would like to thank you all for this amazing forum. I am a new fan of Moon Lovers and it is killing me. It is the most gut and heart wrenching show I have ever watched. I am sorry to bother you but I would like some help if you can. I know that the show has two versions: the SBS re-edited one and the international one. I originally watched the SBS version on kissasian and I am very eager to download/watch the international one with English subs for the differences/missing scenes. However, there lies the problem: I have managed to download in 1080p both versions (SBS and international) and also the SBS Director’s Cut episodes. I have also managed to find the subtitles (in .srt) for the SBS version (and the 3 SBS Director’s Cut episodes). However, I cannot seem to find anywhere the subs for the international version. I have checked repeatedly in subscene, downloading all possible versions and checking and none seem to fit (even the ones from Dramafever which is the site that had the international version to begin with seem to have been re-edited). Also in sites like dramacool, dramanice etc, half the episodes seem to be the SBS version and half seem to be the international one. The whole thing is an awful confusing mess and I am so frustrated and angry. They have let this show down so much. It is such a masterpiece. So, my question for you is this please if anyone can answer: do you know where I can find the subs for the international version (in .srt)? Do you have a link, a site, anything, even in subscene? There are so many subs there, it is overwhelming and I may be missing something. Or if the international subs are no longer available in srt, do you know of a site where I can watch/download only the international version with English subs embedded? Frankly, I’ll take anything!!!!Thank you in advance for listening to my rant and again for the work you put in this incredible site.

Sorry for replying this late. So have you managed to find the international version? I downloaded both versions when the drama just ended, but sorry to say that I’ve forgotten where I downloaded them from because it’s been too long ago and I was searching from many different sites too. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:46 PM, Samnamu-unnie said:

I'd like an SHR where 

Hae Soo didnt tell Wook to be wary of Wang So

and where Hae Soo trusted Wang So more. :bawling:

That would be an SHR where she didn’t have supernatural visions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Better late than never. 

Sadly, I am 4 years too late in realizing how beautiful this drama is. I guess that main reason why I never got around to watching MLSHR is because period dramas are just not my cup of tea, and I've never really invested my time into 20-episode kdramas. I always found period dramas, in my opinion, to be repetitive and boring(?). But, I am fortunate enough to have been able to witness the story between the princes and Hae Soo unfold. Obviously, with the popularity of this drama within my circle/social media, I had already known the fact that this drama will have a heartbreaking ending, but nothing was spoiled. Surprisingly, it only took me 2 days to watch all of the drama, I ended up staying up until 7 am in order to finish it. I'm not really sure why I couldn't let go of my laptop and take a break from the show, I guess the multiple but intertwined storylines really hooked me in. I've been watching kdramas since BoF release in 2009, but never have I cried, more like sobbed, for a drama within the first 5 episodes, and since that episode there was not a single episode where I did not tear up. This drama made me love and hate a character, to the point where I was confused on what my emotions actually were for that character. Idk if it's just me but I was having a hard time choosing between So and Wook, one being too perfect while the other was an outcast, but both were able to provide a warm heart for Hae Soo. This drama has definitely scarred my heart. There are times I find myself spacing out while thinking about the 'could have been(s)' of the drama. After watching the drama, I had a hard time falling asleep bc my heart was still crying for how things turned out in the drama. I also didn't want to sleep bc I was having dreams of being in Goryeo and witnessing how Wang So is risking his life in order to meet Hae Soo once again in his next life. Not only was this drama a masterpiece, but the OSTs are a league of its own. Just hearing the OSTs and remembering the scenes weighed my heart. Now I definitely understand why many fans are asking for a season 2. Since it has been 4 years since the drama, maybe many of you have moved on, but I think it will take me some time to accept the fates of Wang So and Hae Soo. Although I had only finished the drama, I'm already planning on rewatching it, maybe as a way to relive the fleeting happiness?

\^0^/

DNjJAvpVwAAMRHb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, alkmak said:

On 5/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, alkmak said:

Sorry for replying this late. So have you managed to find the international version? I downloaded both versions when the drama just ended, but sorry to say that I’ve forgotten where I downloaded them from because it’s been too long ago and I was searching from many different sites too. 

I am sorry too for answering this late as well. Crazy 6 months. No, I haven't been able to find the international version subs yet. If anyone has them, please kindly share!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please vote for our beloved Lee Joon Gi for Asia Star Awards 

download Choeaedol Celeb app  

set your MyCeleb as Lee Joongi (in your profile page)

if you click on Lee Joon Gi’s name and sort the post by “most heart, there is instruction on how to vote  

thank you

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Me: WHERE IS THAT UNRELEASED FINAL SCENE? 

I want to cry!

And honestly, i enjoyed this drama despite it's downs. So I definitely would support Season 2, especially in the modern world!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...