[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 minute ago, Gabi Bros said:

Is not even 9 pm yet, but yes…time for me to sleep. :lol: When the episode is released in South Korea is around 8 am in my country. 

@Gabi Bros You're just a few hours ahead of me. Episode 4 will start at 5am in my country. I'll have to set my alarm. :D

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

@pwnkl Thank you for posting that song. Initially I was kind of shock that the song was used for a saeguk...but now I really liked it. :) 

Hide contents

Based on the song, Haesoo and Wang So will be together in the future?....maybe she won't remember him? But his reencarnation has all the memories of his past life? The souls meeting again?

EDIT:

Plot Twist: The song is about 8th prince hahaha. 

This theory is equal to the end of the chinese novel, I read somewhere do not remember where, Nor I am sure if it is 100% true. I'll put in spoiler.

Spoiler

When Rouxi wakes up from coma not remembers nothing of what lived in the Qing dynasty and her boyfriend had been taking care all the time regretting his infidelity, so he asks to start all over again and when they are leaving the hospital I do not remember what told him that makes her smile, and from afar the 4th prince was watching, he had traveled back in time to find her, but seeing her smile happy, he lets her go because he thinks the time she was with he did not see her laugh like that.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

the epi started with WS's mask covering half of his nose including left eye and scar, while the ending has an entirely different which does not cover his nose...so it seems like a planning error as without any further information we have 2 versions of WSs mask...

did anyone notice  the same ?

Yeah... I noticed too that WS has few different masks, it depends of his outwear. The Goryeo's princes try to be stylish)))

The first mask, that covering half of his nose is for outside of palace, while he wears softer and more decorated masks inside the palace.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, chingu0825 said:

So far so good, the only thing is that I think the main lead actor is way too pretty to be a tough guy. I just can't take him serious. I know most of you will disagree with me but that is just me.

There is no doubt that Lee Jun Ki is beautiful. In fact, he is very well-known to be more beautiful than most women. As at today, none of his leading ladies is prettier than him. I find his look very interesting - with feminine features yet he can pulled off that swoony bad-boy aura at the same time. I suggest that you should watch him in action. There's not many actors in Korea who could pull off such amazing stunts as his, the closest contender right now is Ji Chang Wook. Even then, Lee Jun Ki still a lot better. But then, that is just my opinion and partially because he is my ultimate bias. 

• Like 15

Hi everyone, been a lurker here for a while now ever since it's been announced! Absolutely in love with the show so far! If you don't mind I have two questions: Where can I watch the Re-Edits episodes? I missed the first one and couldn't watch the third one because the livestream was buffering too much. And second, what time does it air in Korea? I'd like to mark it down so I would know when to catch it on air! xD

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

WANGSO???? omg. i dont know who do this to him but if it is his parents, tho it just his mom doing but if the father did not rescue him, they are perfectly cannot be called as parents BOTH. just what does the wrong doing wangso do to punish him a kid at that time to this extend??. and to witness how he longing of family love from all the hate he receive from the parents is just so heartbreaking. poor kid. TT_____________TT

I agree @kentangbakar..... His parents are awfulllll and pathetic.  I don't thin either of them have realized the type of man they created and it will take a long time before they realized that Wang So, their son is not to be messed with.  I believe Wang So can be a good man( I THINK HE IS A GREAT MAN)  but no one in Jos family could see that. They are all afraid of him and talk bad about him. It reallly disgust me to see the way his own family treats him. I believe there will be a time when Wang So's loyalty to his family will be tested and both of his parents will lose the last shred of feelings he has left for them. That is something I am looking forward toooo.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, fairyalice said:

Hi everyone, been a lurker here for a while now ever since it's been announced! Absolutely in love with the show so far! If you don't mind I have two questions: Where can I watch the Re-Edits episodes? I missed the first one and couldn't watch the third one because the livestream was buffering too much. And second, what time does it air in Korea? I'd like to mark it down so I would know when to catch it on air! xD

you may PM @MadraRua for re-edit episode. the drama is on monday tuesday 10pm-kst

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, fairyalice said:

@fairyalice You can reach out to @MadraRua who'll be able to forward you the link for the re-edits. You also have the option of going to the prior page where I posted the official release of the links for the Chinese audience.

@kdramakrazy We haven't heard anything official regarding edits to the other episodes.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Is not much of a difference with the original released version but is better. SBS only said that they will re-edit the episodes for a better understanding of the story...because people were saying that the story was hard to understand and also they fix in the re-edit version some ost that were distracting. @MadraRua uploaded the episodes.

actually i'm really2 didn't understand. Pre-recorded should be better than live shoot because they have more time to re-shoot or edit. it's they edited this drama last minute because episode 1 & 2 little bit messy & jarring?

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, sukbin said:

There is no doubt that Lee Jun Ki is beautiful. In fact, he is very well-known to be more beautiful than most women. As at today, none of his leading ladies is prettier than him. I find his look very interesting - with feminine features yet he can pulled off that swoony bad-boy aura at the same time. I suggest that you should watch him in action. There's not many actors in Korea who could pull off such amazing stunts as his, the closest contender right now is Ji Chang Wook. Even then, Lee Jun Ki still a lot better. But then, that is just my opinion and partially because he is my ultimate bias. 

agree... until now. none of his leading is prettier than him :w00t:

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Layali said:

@meahri_1 @akinahana89 It's been sooooooo looong.I managed to only recover my account this past hour.I forgot my soompi password back in 2014  and only today found it on an old stick-it note at the back of bookshelf!! 

Omo omo, it has definitely been a long time! Welcome back to Soompi and to MLSHR thread, chingu!! :D (BACK of a bookshelf? How secretive... and how did you manage to find it?! LOL)

14 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

@Layali!!! OMG, chingu. So glad you're here!!! @simplyme_crazyme and @chi13lou are here too. @angelangie should be back soon from travel, and then hopefully @edensor will be making an appearance. 

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!  Not sure if you've read any posts yet in the thread, but...there's more than one ship here, and we're in the middle of trying to decide couple names. By the way, did you take a look at akina's profile and siggy?? :lol: I'll let her tell you about that.

So about those ships. There's  a primary one for Haesoo and Wangso (#4, Lee Joongi); one for Haesoo and Wang Wook (#8 Kang Haneul); and we even have an evil Oedipus Complex ship for Wang Yo (#3, Hong Jong-hyun) and mommy dearest, Empress Yoo, which is already named YoYo.:sweatingbullets:  We've talked slightly about ships for a few of the other princes as well, but the three I mentioned are definitely active already and no one will think twice if you decide to switch ships from 8 to 4, or vice versa.

Episode 4 is tomorrow, and the real development of the two main relationships is about to begin, so you've arrived in time!!  :D

Shhhhhh~~ How come you're advertising my profile and siggy like that? Hahaha. It feels great to be reunited with old chingus here again. ^^

By the way, I know we're debating between SoSoo and So2 for our beloved Hae Soo and Wang So, but have we come up with any ideas for couple names for Hae Soo and Wang Wook yet? I don't recall any...

I'm finally all caught up on the 20+ new pages. Haha. Thanks again for the continued goodies and discussions taking place. I'm so, so excited for ep 4 and 5! I really wish I hadn't broken my computer since I'm itching to DO something to... further obsess over MLSHR. lol. Write or create MVs or graphics or something! As it is, I've already lost the first three episodes and, since I borrowed the company's computer to use, can't re-download them just yet. I'm suffering. T_T

• Like 13

@MadraRua  Yes! The emotions were well delivered by the song and the lyrics was just really straight up.. that made my eyes teary :tears:

@Gabi Bros NP :D Honestly, I don't really look up the lyrics translation.. it's just by chance.. then the feels follows as I was listening to it and reading it's lyrics.

Spoiler

Exactly! Have you watched Another Miss Oh? (If you haven't.. *spoiler alert* Eric Moon suddenly got to foresee the future but he see just one woman, whom he haven't meet yet. and later it was revealed that he doesn't really see the future.. that it's his intense emotions of regret and love that his mind/soul warns was defying fate and letting him foresee the moments he regrets a lot. *spoiler alert*   I'm thinking the same as that.. where So's profound feelings break through time.. and by God's will they were given the chance to meet again, but IF that ever happens, that means.. their love in Goryeo will end tragically :tears: 

I'm a so-soo shipper.. Lee Ji Eun took my thoughts and put it into words :D nah jk.. she explained it better than I would :lol: However if she ends up with Wook.. I won't disagree:D 

image.gifimage.gif
image.gifimage.gif

Honestly speaking, I don't just ship someone just because they're the lead pair.. I somehow, most of the time ship the second lead.. and seldom ship the leads. The reason I ship So and Soo was because of this particular moment that made my heart *thump* it's not just the actors' chemistry but the "characters" itself.

Spoiler

image.gifimage.gifimage.gif

image.gifimage.gifimage.gif

Soo's words hit him really hard. But because as you guys said So hides his scar with his tough front just like his mask.. hearing Soo's words made him retreat to hide and avoid getting exposed, the reason why he just left. So, isn't ruthless as he seems, yes he looks heartless for most of the time and by his actions.. but nope he just don't want to let himself out and get wounded as his old scar is killing him until now. Every word that Soo utters.. is a reflection of So. Her words summarize the most painful part of his entire existence.. He knew exactly that he was send to shinju because he's not loved enough.. he got his most excruciating scar from who? from his own mother.. and now that he's back.. he never felt at home at all.. he's unwelcomed and disregarded. but why does he still insist to stay? Sadly being in the palace near his family is his life.. for him to continue living he keeps pushing himself onto his parents even if he knew exactly how it is.. but what can he do? "Everyone wants to live" including him. On the other hand.. Hae Soo of course is no different, from the people she loved that dumped all the cr*p onto her by betraying her.. From the 1st episode you'll see how she's worn out and was hopeless, she's about to die.. she contemplated but then later realize that she wanted to live no matter what..  "What did I do wrong?", "Is it a crime to live?" ,"Why are you picking on me?" That question's applies to them with the exact same weight. so what Lee Ji Eun said onto that interview is the right words to describe exactly why So and Soo are right for each other and please to have a happy ending :tears:

In my perspective.. despite of all the hardship of So, let's be real.. no one could ever live a life like So.. his cross is just too heavy that it can bury you.. I believe that So and Soo is really fated for each other, that they live in a different lifetime.. but the man above was looking after them, fated them to be with one another.. to heal each other and feel love that they yearn for.

@potatohead Now that's ruthless :tears: .. if ever SHR Kversion did it that way, I might flip tables, I swear. I mean what's the point of him getting reincarnated and ending up just in vain.. and yes totally agree! I hate it when dramas end up with open endings.. open endings are acceptable but it depends on how the story went from the beginning there's only a few that I approved of open endings. I don't think SHR should end that way :mellow:

@lisethvr Noooooooooooooo! that's too much *sobs* I bet a lot of viewers were angered by that. as I said what's the point of sending him into the future if he have to let her go once again. T_T

• Like 18

Started the drama and the political stuff is definitely intriguing along with Wong So's crazy mother and plotting. I have to say LJK is killing it as Wang So and he is definitely my best actor when it comes to periodical korean dramas.

There is something I didn't understand while watching the drama, why did they send Wang So away to this Shinju place or whatever? Is it to hide what the mother did? Why was he the only prince who had to live like a hostage in someone else's family? Can someone please clarify for me?.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chingu0825 said:

I'm watching ep 1 right now and had to comment on IU and that EXO member acting. I was skeptical about watching this drama after reading about their acting controversies, but I don't see what's so bad about their acting. So far so good, the only thing is that I think the main lead actor is way too pretty to be a tough guy. I just can't take him serious. I know most of you will disagree with me but that is just me. BTW, this kinda reminded me of the Chinese movie "Time to love".

BTW, It looks like three eps aired this week, why?

From what I've read on in a few articles, their diction and articulation are awkward to Koreans, also their expressions in a few parts are not natural. I'm not Korean, but when I'm listening to IU as Haesoo compared to Kang Haneul or Lee Junki, I kiiiinda get why they said her articulation is awkward, she tends to 'drag' her pronunciation (I don't know how to explain this in English). Baekhyun is okay though, for me. As for their expression, I think they did good so far. Sure there are some expressions that are not natural enough, but they are not as bad as some people made it out to be. I was skeptical like you, but I'm glad I gave this drama a go to judge for myself, now I'm loving iiiit!!

As for three episode aired, maybe because the episode is an odd number, so it would end at exactly Tuesday? If I'm not mistaken, Moon Lovers has 21 episodes, isn't it?

• Like 3