[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, pass3rby said:

After  I am sure how many times i re-watch all episodes, i found several things:

In Ep 4 when after CR was beaten by YH she gave a very short look from CR to Wang Won. I wondered what was that all about. Why CR looked specifically to Wang Won when HS held her after both of them were beaten. The look was like questioned Won why didn't he do anything when CR was beaten. Now I know!! There's something between them. Well actually it was shown in earlier episode than 18, i.e. Episode 14. But now that I know what Won to CR and vice versa, my curiosity satisfied.
When YH then beat HS and let CR go, Won said "I think that servant has been beaten enough." This shows that Won actually favors CR (well, over HS of course). He justified YH for beating HS instead of CR.
They gave us a 'hint' of who CR was to Won on very early episode.

I found a way to repel YH. Ask Gwangjong not to put make up when she's 'into' him. Remember her reaction when she saw WangSo's scars in Eun's birthday? She looked like "What? That's horrible, gross!!"
Somebody please, tell Gwangjong!!! I can't bear to witness whatever will happen in that room between Gwangjong and YH.

Cv8Mcm8UMAAqSkn.jpg

From the beginning YH is very ambitious to become the queen and she certainly supported by a big family of his mother's side. But unfortunately the King Taejo has many sons in which they all are candidates to be the future king. So the opportunity to be the queen that has the power very small possibility. The only way to reach her desire, she has to marry one of the prince (future king), who also is her brother with a different mother. She's very observant. Among the princes, besides the crown prince (Wang Mu), she sees that WS is the prince that she can use to fulfill her desire. She knows that WS is the king's favorite prince and she knows that WS has been prepared by the king to replace Wang Mu become king if anything happens on the condition of Wang Mu (King realized the weak condition of Wang Mu).

Therefore when WY tried to approach her by giving her a ring as an unofficial proposal, she did not feel happy. That's not WY that she expected to propose. She hoped it was WS. In her mind WY was still too long in the list of candidates for the king. While she wanted to be queen and soon gave birth to the crown prince.
Unfortunately WS wasn't interested in her. He liked another woman.

It turned out beyond her prediction, the political situation in the palace changed. There was an rebellion in the palace by WY against King Mu who finally made WY a new king.
YH, once again was clever and cunning, immediately changed tactics. She thought that this was the opportunity to be the queen and accepted the WY's proposal. 

But WY was aware that she was only used him for her interests. Instead of accepting her proposal, he decided to send her to marry the Khitan nobility.
She was angry and threw a ring from WY.

A good opportunity came to her when WS with support from BA and General Park rebelled on WY. With the full support of her mother, she opened the gate of the palace as a way to support WS, on the advice her mother.

Shortly after WS became king with the title Gwangjong, rumors spread among the palace that the transfer of power from WY to WS was illegal. WS's reign was questioned and suspected by the royal courts so he did not have the support.

WS was innocent and honest. He did not realize that behind the rumors that developed in the palace, there was a great scenario created by the family of the queen Hwangbo (YH and WW's mother). The scenario is throwing WW became king and offered YH to be queen. That meant he had to marry YH so that his reign had the support from the royal courts.

This time he could not refuse. Like or dislike he should accept to marry YH. That's because the woman he loved, HS, had scars. And the palace rule stated that the king wasn't allowed to marry a woman who had scars on her body.

For WS, this was something that was very painful. He hoped to be king was   able to protect her lover and married her.
For his lover, HS, it was already in her prediction. Because honestly in her heart  she didn't want WS be king, but she had seen in her premonition that WS would be king and she couldn't  refuse because it was written in the history which she knew.

By the greatness of her heart, HS told him that she was okay if he married YH. The reason was that she didn't want be bound to the rules of the kingdom and also in order that she could always meet the king/WS.

WS felt guilty to her, therefore, to show that he really loved her, and the marriage was only as a royal symbol, he told her that HS was his queen.

How about YH ?.
Her ambition had been achieved to be the queen, but there were other ambitions, which seems hard she would get. Gave birth to the crown prince !!!. She was fully aware that WS didn't want to touch her because from the beginning he didn't love her, and he loved HS.
But YH didn't care about love. She didn't expect WS's love. She only expected that WS would touch her and they created the crown prince to continue their monarchy. 

So whatever happened on WS, his love for another woman, and the scar, which she ever felt disgust, she didn't care. All she needed was fulfilled her ambition, created a crown prince.

The conclusion is that she approached WY and WS, not because she loved each from the them, but she wanted to succeed her ambition to be the queen. By becoming a queen, she could continue the power of her mother family through her children in the future, and she also could protect her mother and her brother from the palace intrigue that happened.

• Like 20

I'm still debating wether I should watch the last two episodes as soon as the subs come out since i can't watch it live or just leave them both till Thursday night and cry my eyes out till morning, but then how can I avoid the spoilers ? My youtube feed is filled with scarlet heart, how can I stop myself from looking for spoilers ? Ah the dilemma, I'm so not ready.

P.S:  @hiluna and @AryRa  I'm glad you guys liked my fanfic 

I'm so glad for the Korea brand award, I guess it proves that it's not completely overlooked by it's home country.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, moonlovertales said:

NETFLIX! Are you serious?! This is HUGE! :scream:

Wow, if this contract comes through then SHR popularity will go through the roof internationally. I don't think any other kdrama got netflix in their bag.

If it does end up in Netflix I'm going to put it on repeat and let it play in the background all day, everyday and hope it makes a dent in the Netflix metrics so that it translates into something positive for the cast. Bandwidth be damned. 

40 minutes ago, shae said:

Descendants of Sun is on there along with My Love Eun Dong. Netflix actually dumped most well-loved older  favorites this past August.

Netflix's K-drama selection is very limited (at least in my country, Canada); its small and it doesn't have a lot of recent dramas. The only ones I've watched were DOTS and Noble My Love and those seem to be the exceptions to the "recent drama" rule. None of the "classics" are in their catalogue.  (You're Beautiful, Boys Over Flowers, Secret Garden, etc...). Getting added to the Netflix catalogue is a HUGE feather in SHR's cap. Think of all the dramas that hit 20% in the ratings (MDBC, Doctors), there aren't any talks of adding them to Netflix.

59542782.jpg

• Like 23

15 hours ago, pauexclusive said:

These are the things MLSHR made me do: 

1. Signed up an account Joined a forum discussion

2. Suggested an FMV song and tweeted a stranger for materializing it

3. Followed an LJG on IG and left comment on his post

4. Changed my phones' wall paper to MLSHR

5. Downloaded an app to learn korean language

6. Voted for LGJ in any polls created

7. Engaged in a verbal sparring with a co-worker for picking on my korean drama

Am I a certified GONER?! Hahaha. Hmmm what's next?

Wow,  I am doing the same thing,  I wonder if I had gone mad with MLSHR

• Like 14

On 10/29/2016 at 7:07 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

Is there a way to read these ( 解树 ) ? as in are these formed out of some set of symbols?

Or there are tons and tons of hieroglyphics depicting a word and one needs to remember all of them? 

On 10/29/2016 at 9:57 AM, liddi said:

@enigmatic_zephy I do find Soo's name to be an unusual one... certainly not one that is typically given to females as far as I know. Strangely enough, in BBJX, Ruoxi refers to 4th Prince as the large tree that she might find protection and refuge. In this case, So's only friends in his growing up years were trees, and it's ironic that the woman he loves, is also named thus, perhaps symbolically representing his place of refuge as well, even if he ended up inadvertently destroying her despite his overwhelming love. What would So be without his emotional place of refuge in the end, the one place he can find rest and comfort for his weary heart?

Hae Su / :

means to understand

means tree; as explained by @liddi – often regarded as a place of refuge

If you play with her name, you can add words to extend its meaning:

理我的 – That which understands () me, my Su (

If this is the Korean script-writer’s intent, too bad its subtle meaning is lost to the international audience.

Wang So had sought understanding & refuge from Hae Su, but sadly that is eroding.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens bombs in Korea, but a huge hit almost everywhere else. Taste differs, and the international market is bigger.

I agree with other comments complaining of Hae Su’s character development. It soon became convenient (as logical a person I am) to point the finger at Hae Su for many disastrous outcomes. In the end I find myself rooting for a happy ending SOLELY & ONLY for Wang So’s sake. And that’s sad.

For the love of MLSHR, up till now I forgive the incongruent & inconsistent plots as well as excessive close-ups (ok, ok their make-up is perfect.) But my biggest gripe is reserved for Hae Su’s reason for leaving Wang So – did the writer think we are all brain-dead?! (Seething…)

Call me an idiot because in the end MLSHR is like Wang So to me:

Scarred … but I love it to death anyway.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Siracusa said:

If it does end up in Netflix I'm going to put it on repeat and let it play in the background all day, everyday and hope it makes a dent in the Netflix metrics so that it translates into something positive for the cast. Bandwidth be damned. 

Netflix's K-drama selection is very limited (at least in my country, Canada); its small and it doesn't have a lot of recent dramas. The only ones I've watched were DOTS and Noble My Love and those seem to be the exceptions to the "recent drama" rule. None of the "classics" are in their catalogue.  (You're Beautiful, Boys Over Flowers, Secret Garden, etc...). Getting added to the Netflix catalogue is a HUGE feather in SHR's cap. Think of all the dramas that hit 20% in the ratings (MDBC, Doctors), there aren't any talks of adding them to Netflix.

59542782.jpg

As I did say Netflix dumped well-loved favorites out in August. That included the ones you have listed. I don't know what arrangements Netflix had with the production companies. But, I agree they're selection has become limited, as Netflix's in-house productions have increased. So perhaps funds were directed in this direction instead of keeping such "classics" in. Whateveahs.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Is there a way to read these? as in are these formed out of some set of symbols?

Or there are tons and tons of hieroglyphics depicting a word and one needs to remember all of them? 

Ah sorry for replying so late. 

The words themselves are made up of different symbols, but to read them, you need to remember each individual character separately (so yes, you do kinda have to remember each one separately). Sometimes they have pinyin above the word which are basically letters telling you how to pronounce the word but won't tell you the meaning. It's quite a complicated system :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

Nope :D...still in the denial mode on after last Tuesday.  I'm planning to re-watch it tomorrow or maybe Monday morning, sometimes before the air time of ep.19.  My poor heart still can't accept to see how they started to grow apart :cry:

I watched ep 18 again this morning for the third time. For me, the parting was after his proposal when he hugged her and said that she will always be his only queen (in his heart) and when that one tear appeared and ran down his cheek, it was the most tender moment and I cried :tears:. Everything that happens after is just the story moving on and I am excited for the vengeance/poetic justice to happen to all the snakes starting with the queen and CR. So I don't think I will be too upset with their physical parting because in my heart they have already said goodbye. I will look forward to a happy ending on Tuesday :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

10 hours ago, kiinn said:

LOL the only sexy almost kiss that we've got, and it had to be the snake. god damn it.

Your most favorite So-Soo scene:  First time make up scene magic of bb cream, Hae Soo Skin Solution

- The most favorite So moment: Every shot, every scene of So

- Which scene that makes your heart flutter? Every shot, every scene of So

- Which scene that makes you cry a river: Lady Oh's execution scene.

- Which scene that makes you want to smack something near you? Every shot, every scene of Yeon Hwa

Right on, I was thinking "oh my! never mind about whether it was HS or YH, why can't it be me !!" :wub: That was one sexy move GJ *fanning self*

• Like 6

10 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

Gwangjong smile here gives me chills big time. This will be in ep.19 right? I can't wait for this to happen, the moment when Gwangjong punish Wook.  And again, Lee Joon Gi's spectacular actor I can't help saying again and again how much I love watching him as WangSo/Gwangjong.  This role suits him as a glove.  

Yeah, the hunter and the hunted, great pic to end the episode with. ^_^

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Artheusa said:

All the visions came out to be true, but Hae Soo's reading of them was not entirely correct. She saw Wang So laughing after killing Eun, however it was a delirious one not monstrous as she predicted. Maybe in this vision too, although he seems angry for a split second, his face will change to utter sadness in the following moment.

The scene of Eun's death actually happened exactly the same way with her premonition, just like what happened with the death of Taejo, Moo, and Yo. Soo simply misunderstood the laughter and it was understandable because she saw him from afar. But if you zoom in on So's face on Soo's premonition scene, you can see the trail of tears. That premonition really come true exactly the way it was.

I believe the writer has purpose for making these two premonitions (Soo standing in front of the throne and So standing in front of the palace) different from the reality, and it's more than just to display Soo's innacuracy. The rest of the premonitions happened exactly the way they were (Soo's reading is strikingly accurate for these) that the editor simply took the scenes, made them black and white plus some special effects, and there we had the premonitions. So why bother filming the different scenes of 'reality' for these two premonitions? That's why I think there must be a reason that the writer wanna tell us, and my theory is what I've written on my post.

The differences between premonition and reality seem subtle but they have significant meaning. So could stand there with Soo in front of the throne only because Soo finally trusted him enough to ignore her premonition. And So's stance when he stood in front of the palace, facing Soo all the way instead of looking back at her from his shoulder, was because Soo trusted him enough to give him the throne. 

For the last premonition, yes we can't really tell what will happen in that scene. It's too early to conclude anything so we should wait and see how it will play out.

• Like 18