[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Completely skipped my mind.. can someone help me remind when did HS realize she fell in love with WS?

After lady oh's death, WS went away.. HS was sent to laundry dept... time skip.. Ws returns but HS rejects him then.. 

Infact the king dies and up until that moment HS has not considered WS romantically? And Mu becomes the king..

What happened then? I cn't recall...

I remember those outings at night and star gazing..where WS is wooing her and she is playing hard to get (meaning she has started to look at him in a romantic way)..

But what happened inbetween..

I also wondering the same thing. :D

In my opinion, Hae Soo started to fall in love with WS when he drank the poison to protect her. (I'm not sure though) I don't know why but her monologue in jail was like a hint of her feeling. Before, she always build a thick wall for WS, not letting herself  falling in love and she succeed, but this poisoning thing was like a huge wrecking ball to that wall :P 

Spoiler

vlcsnap_2016_10_29_18h19m41s57.png

vlcsnap_2016_10_29_18h19m26s91.png

I know before 'poisoning' episode there were already make up scene, beach scene, but in all that scene HS only saw WS as her friend and her feeling stayed loyal to WW.  Though there must be a confusing feeling inside her, but she still determined and her feeling for WW remained strong.

I'm sure her feeling for WS has grown but can't be called as 'love' yet. In earlier episode though, HS's feeling for WS is more like caring for a family or bestfriend.

Spoiler

vlcsnap_2016_10_29_18h20m46s208.png

vlcsnap_2016_10_29_18h21m17s10.png

When they meet again, HS as laundry lady, she was still in complete denial because she still hope for WW (but realized it wouldn't happened) and she didn't want to cause any more trouble for WS. She realized she was a burden to him.

When WW questioned her 'Is the king already dead?' and his statement about him wanted to be a king, I think that's the turning point of her feeling. After that, she started to let go of her feeling for WW and started to accept the fact that she has feeling for WS all this time. 

Sadly in Mu's reign there was no clue of the progression of their relationship, a complete untold 2 years. We only can conclude that HS being a court lady must be very busy, having such limited free time  and WS as Mu's trusted brother must given many tasks inside or outside the palace, to another kingdom etc. I think they seldom meet but still keep in contact occasionally. Maybe they can see each other daily at the palace but just casual meeting.

'Watching star together scene' happened after 2 years of Mu's reign and WS still saying something like 'don't give me false hope, It's torture' hinted that he also not sure of how HS felt toward him. Maybe because she treated other prince like that too and WS couldn't see the difference between 'caring' and 'loving' before. I think the important thing from this untold 2 years is that all those years has made WS realized the differences between caring and loving.

I'm certain that in 'boat scene', HS wanted to finally confess her feeling if WS proposed to her. Unfortunately the history should remain unchanged and WS pretend to forgot what he want to say :lol: 

If WS proposed to her that day she would accept it for sure!! :tears: No doubt!

• Like 23

I'm thinking of binge watching MLSHR only So-Soo scenes tonight because analyzing about them already gives me severe headache (and heartache) without having to analyze for other characters. I feel like I've lost the flow of their relationship, blame it on two eps/week. The final eps are coming and I know I'll regret if I watch those w/o the full comprehension of the whole story.

I'm still on my holiday anyway. I thought by travelling I could escape MLSHR torture for a week but... there's really no way to escape from this show :tears:

• Like 16

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

Well, we can never be sure ... but that's my opinion that I filtered out of the comments read here and on twitter, also I have a friend in Korea ... well ok, that is just one, but neither her nore her sister watched it ...
With all the internet streaming and stuff one can't always control the "where is something popular?", but I have to confess I do not know anyone in my area who does watch k-drama ... I bet there are, but I don't know anyone ... I am always looked at as if I am really strange ... well I am ...

Still, I could not cope watching the 2. of the c-version ... I did not like it ... so I don't mind, if they won't throw a 2. k-version onto us ... I am happy with what I have here right now ;) 

Exactly, we can never sure so a bit unfair to draw a conclusion out with what we read. TV ratings is based on 2000 selected households only. Result from the selected sample may not be accurate. Counts on online streaming is more accurate but big chance it may include overseas viewers. 

If you looks at ratings in that timeslot, looks like dramas only hold between 30-35% of the total viewership. It's a tough market for these dramas to compete for less than a third of the whole market. So the other 65-70% are watching something else. So the majority of the population don't watch drama so even if you ask someone from Korea, it is highly possible that the person doesn't  watch it.

Re. Part 2, I don't think it would be as compelling to watch unless if they have a powerful script or maybe develop a new character.

• Like 13

Re-watched episode 18 again. 

Some of the loud, crazy thoughts going inside my brain when watching for the second time: *crazy mode*  

Spoiler

AGAIN I WATCH WHEN HAE SOO SAYS SHE CANNOT…AND THE OST START…OMG GIRLLLLLL WAE WAE WAE!!!!!…WHYYYYYYYYYYYY…THE OSTs IS REALLY GOOD…THE LYRICS AND THE MUSIC REALLY AMPLIFIES THE SCENE…AND THEY STRAIGHT AWAY SHOWS THE NEXT SCENE YEONHWA FACE...SHE'S MARRYING WANG SO WITH THAT WIND OST…OMG IT IS LIKE A BIG SLAP TO MY FACE..THE AUDIENCE FACE…..AND THAT YEONHWA GIRL FOXXX SMILE….OMG…AND THEN THEY SHOW HAE SOO LOOKING AT THE QUEEN WADROBE AND WEARING THAT WADROBE WITH WANG SO VOICE OVER YOU MY ONLY QUEEN OMGGGGG SO SADDDDD WITH THE SAD OST I WANT TO CRYYYYY….WRITER AND PD SO SADIST...

*calm down mode*

I am generally more fine this time round, since I get over the episode though some parts just released my crazy mode. This is my saddest So-Soo scene. At the last scene before Queen Yo's death, she touches specifically Wang So's scar area, that is her weakness because it reminds her Taejo’s love that she can’t never have. The OSTs in this drama are really flaw-free! The lyrics are sad and touching. The music really amplifies the scene. Only Im Sun Hae's song I can't put on repeat despite how beautiful it is. That song is used for all death scenes and thus I don't want be reminded over and over again of them, I will go insane. I am going to do another post. 

• Like 21

Your most favorite So-Soo scene:  Carnival scene  and Wang So shield Hae Soo from rain scene.

- Your most heart breaking So-Soo scene   -When   Hae Soo tell Wang So she can't be her Queen. Then Wang So ask who tell her that?  And she say she is okay then they hugged.Hae Soo is holding her tears while talking.                                                                                 The most favorite So moment: When he tell Yeon Hwa to betray her family and clan to have a heir with him.

- The most favorite Soo moment: When she sing for Eun birthday.

- Which scene that makes your heart flutter?   When Hae Soo sleep together with Wang So in the King Chamber ... Then she hug him when he have nightmares and tell him bed time story to calm him down.

- Which scene that makes you cry a river      

When   Hae Soo wearing the Queen wedding dress.                                                          - Which scene that makes you want to smack something near you? When Yeon Hwa & Wang So almost Kissing and she hug him telling their Son should be a king.

- Which scene that makes you hooked forever for MLSHR? Wang So and Hae Soo first meeting on the horse ride scene.

- Which So scene that makes you want to watch over and over again?

1. Wang So Drinking poison for the sake of Hae Soo

2. Wang So Shielding Hae Soo from rain.

3. The meet cute: their first meet. Wang So on the horse saved HS and pulled her. 

4. Every time WangSo laughs (The "pegasus" and boat scene) 

5. When WangSo almost kiss Hae Soo in makeup room before rain ritual.

I add my a category:

Which scene that makes you want to puke?Gwangjong was drunk and he almost kissed the Queen (eww)  

• Like 22

24 minutes ago, ohremus said:

Until tonight, i can't listening to all of MLSHR ost. It hurts my heart a lot, especially, i love you i remember you..

Harder to breath..

And i still don't know what will i do after the end of this drama.. :(:tears:

I see that you are new! Welcome to the thread! I know right. They are gold but so sad. :bawling: We all need to set-up MLSHR rehabilitation group after this. But I think I will move on maybe after a week, time will do the thing. Keep yourself distracted and busy with real life. That may work, I guess. Hahas. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

Yes. I have the same thought too. I am saving my tears for Monday. I am going to watch episode 19 and 20 with my sisters and mom. I will return to my home town on Monday.

That's nice. You have your support system for MLSHR ending :).

I am going to watch it alone. I have to do some preparation. Tissues, Chocolate (just in case I need instant therapy), pillow (to punch if YH appears and try to seduce WS), and keeping all valuable object far far away (just in case I wanna destroy it all out of frustration) :sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

Your most favorite So-Soo scene:  That first time they met. The one with the road rage scene scene. He was on the horse and he picked her up with his awesomeness! Exactly!

- Your most heart breaking So-Soo scene: (SBS version if I'm not mistaken) When SO drank the last full cup of the poison and looking at Soo as she walks by. Yeah and don't forget that time when he was following her and he coughed blood.

- The most favorite So moment: At the prison. He had a moment there after he said "Always lecturing" that expression in his eyes. It's like he is stopping himself from crying.

- The most favorite Soo moment: headbutt scene haha 

- Which scene that makes your heart flutter?  That time when WS crush touched his scar.

- Which scene that makes you cry a river: EUNs' last request to his brother when he is about to die.

- Which scene that makes you want to smack something near you? When CR being punished of all places why Damiwon, HS not knowing why. That's a "foul" "girlfriend bypass" move by WS.

- Which scene that makes you hooked forever for MLSHR? 4th episode last part when they are having a meaningful convo. Ws was like ogling her.

- Which So scene that makes you want to watch over and over again?

First encounter of SoSoo

EunSoo fight scene

Scene when So killed the monks,  he looked like kenshin himura samurai x there!

Besties first conversation at the prayer tower

HS gave her YES by initiating the kiss!

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, kiinn said:

God, even in the game they're already divided into "Good Princes" and "Traitor Princes"

Should I re-watch the drama ( for the 1001 times) to find scattered hidden clues? :ph34r:

That's right.
We should re-watch several times to better understand the story 
:grin:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, smitten1710 said:

Gwangjong smile here gives me chills big time. This will be in ep.19 right? I can't wait for this to happen, the moment when Gwangjong punish Wook.  And again, Lee Joon Gi's spectacular actor I can't help saying again and again how much I love watching him as WangSo/Gwangjong.  This role suits him as a glove.  

I am waiting for that scene. That smile, he looks evil and I like it :wub:

LJG as Wang So / Gwangjong is match made in heaven

• Like 20