[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Annyeong Eclipses! Hope everyone is having a good day, it is raining here in my country, great to get cozy in bed and I'm planning to re-watch episode 18! Masochist much, huh? I can't wait for Monday!! 

By the way, I posted this before at the shipper's thread:

On 10/27/2016 at 1:08 AM, Rose34 said:

Ideal ending for me:

Gorgeous Hae Soo/Go Ha Jin and Wang So looking damn fine in suits in modern times. They are going for a date. 

And this gorgeous fan-art:

Sun embracing the Moon on eclipse. 

It amazed me till today that I didn't bother or swoon over Lee Joon Gi's handsomeness and hotness in the drama. Tells so much how compelling the story is and how I am immersed in it! Only in BTS, still cuts, PD note that I swoon over. Lol! :phew: 

Edit: Sorry, don't know cannot quote post with images from another thread. Noted! Please go to the post, if you want to find out more

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, virsvirs said:

I found this funny! LOL :lol:

Goryeo’s Next Top Models aka When your Queen Mother is hot and so are you and you know it.

Imagine how the story would have unfolded if So was Queen Yu’s favourite son and they were perfectly ruthless and manipulative. The powerful evil duo stop at nothing to get the throne. Perhaps it’s better a thriller than a melodrama. :D

cr: vernalagnia-blog.tumblr

I would love to watch that :w00t:

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, pauexclusive said:

These are the things MLSHR made me do: 

1. Signed up an account Joined a forum discussion

2. Suggested an FMV song and tweeted a stranger for materializing it

3. Followed an LJG on IG and left comment on his post

4. Changed my phones' wall paper to MLSHR

5. Downloaded an app to learn korean language

6. Voted for LGJ in any polls created

7. Engaged in a verbal sparring with a co-worker for picking on my korean drama

Am I a certified GONER?! Hahaha. Hmmm what's next?

Same here I was a silent reader in Soompi. I never signed up an account until MLSHR.

MLSHR made me do as your number 1,2,3,4,6 and 7. I didnt download an app but I bought Learning Korean book/audio with Lee Jun Ki from Yes Asia :grin:

• Like 23

4 hours ago, millie10468 said:

What's the re-watch value of MLSHR currently like for everyone?

Like, is anyone planning on re-watching immediately after it ends? Or will it be one of those dramas you re-watch when you're feeling blue and need a good make-me-cry drama (like MiSa or AIMH)?

For me, Episodes 1-16 will likely result in the rape of my replay button for a while. 17-20 will likely not be re-watched as much.

For those who watch a lot of dramas with sad endings, how do you cope with the depression afterwards?

MiSa depressed me for a full week. That drama, unlike this one, didn't have any happy, lighthearted moments at all.

For that matter, where does MLSHR rank in terms of the saddest drama you've ever seen/you've seen lately?

My favorite drama of all time has always been the Taiwanese drama, MARS. Nothing has been comparable, therefore, nothing is able to replace it. What happens to the main characters is just so sad and heart breaking...and yet the love story between them is so, so, soooooo beautiful.....

That is until Scarlet heart Ryeo came along....depending on the ending, this might knock MARS to 2nd place.

I can watch sad dramas over and over again, if I know the characters end up together. Otherwise, I don't think I could watch SHR for a good, long while.

• Like 19

23 minutes ago, berny said:

Whatever the ending is... let's make the date of final episode the "Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo International Day"

For bringing together global fans, from different parts of the world.

For gaining new friends here in Soompi ML thread. 

After this drama, we will need to form a Support Group together, to celebrate? to cope? to make ML the most epic Kdrama of all times.. and maybe turn it into a classic.

Thank you so much to all the wonderful ML fans. Your posts taught me a lot, made me cry, made me laugh. This thread is so much fun, insightful, we have ML and each other. much love.

IM ALL FOR MAKE NOVEMBER 1ST MOON LOVERS OFFICIAL DAY!!! :D :D:D:D:D

This drama may not be perfect! But it brought many people together and is undoubtedly a success. :)

• Like 23

1 hour ago, pauexclusive said:

Did the ones above plus:

8. Influenced other friends to watch

9. Took part in any projects to support MLSHR cast and crew

10. Relate daily occurences,people and things to MLSHR

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Akiddo said:

There is also another line in the first long trailer showed in China where HS said: "We cannot simply show our inner thoughts when it comes to meeting or parting ways with people. We should hide it from others instead. That's the kind of person we need (or need to be?)." 

These lines haven't been used in the show yet. HS is likely to leave WS without him knowing about her true feelings unlike the time when she went to him to confess her love despite his rejection in ep 16. WS remains bitter and angry while regretting letting HS leave. WS leaves HS's room in the palace intact and visits/sleeps over  whenever he cannot bear the pain of missing her or being alone in his room. HS has left her mark everywhere in the palace...from his room to the parade square where she kneeled..to the imperial gardens...to the wishing tower/Dongji Lake...to the make up he uses everyday....HS is everywhere. How do you erase the memories? How do you continue living (in the same place) when the meaning of your existence is no longer there? WS is trapped in his palace and chained to his throne. Even though the pain of missing WS is just as great for HS, a different place will give her some breathing space to live without fear. 

Whaaaaaahhhhhh does it mean she would rather be missunderstood by WS..... to minimize WS pain when she died later......

• Like 12

same with me....

Spoiler

I even looking for my bot, auto mouse click for voting..(its not a cheat progrm) from my old game folder:w00t:. Buying online book, Hello Korean, voice by LJG.I dont have IG before,too lazy updating phote, but created IG n join soompi since MLSHR:confounded:

• Like 15

You are not alone sissy, I did that too except 7. Hahaha! My friends called me the goddess of  kdrama. They are always asking what kdrama I will watch next. 

Recommended MLSHR to friends and colleagues and they love it very much. During our break time, we gather together and talk about MLSHR and we went back to our station teary eyed. Lol! 

• Like 14

virsvirs posted those beautiful pictures of the hairpin. I wrote a story very early in the show, on 5 Sept, when I had just finished watching the episode where he bought the hairpin for his mother. I felt then, that the hairpin would have a special significance in the story. Then I wrote my story on what I imagined would be a plausible ending. A few episodes on, the hairpin had been destroyed, and So had given a new one to Soo. Reading back that story now, I feel like I wrote that ages ago, when I was still hopeful and excited about the drama. Now, all I feel is a sense of impending doom and dread. Let me post my story here to share it with you all. It's entirely out of my own head. It's not a spoiler, I have no idea how this show is going to end, but I'd like it to end on something like this, on a note of hope. I want So and Soo to find love and happiness again, somehow, somewhere, some day. That isn't too much to ask, surely.

HS is transported back to the present in the end.

In the final scene, she is about to cross a street when something catches her eye. An ancient hairpin lies in the middle of the street, blinking up at her in the bright sunlight. She stops and stares at it. She bends down and touches it.

A car rounds the corner and almost hits her.

She falls.

The car screeches to a halt, a hair's breath away from her.

The door opens. A man steps out.

She stares up hazily at the hand stretched out toward her.

She raises her eyes slowly.

Through a mist, she sees So's face, his deep, familiar voice, murmuring in concern, "Are you all right?" 

She starts to cry, loud racking sobs that tear at her body.

He is speaking, and he is saying something about taking her to a hospital. It does not matter, nothing matters anymore, because he is here now with her, holding her hands tightly, and she has never felt so safe, so safe, and finally, finally, she can breathe, she can breathe again.

Warm familiar arms encircle her. She breathes in his scent, burrowing into his strength as he lifts her gently and carries her oh so preciously to his car.

He reaches across her and fastens her seat belt.

As he straightens, she lifts a hand and touches the faint traces of a scar running beneath his left eye and slanting down his cheek.

He freezes.

He stares at her, looking searchingly into her eyes.

"Do... I... know...you?" he asks slowly, his eyes filled with confusion. "I don't...I don't  know you, and yet...and yet I think, I think I know you..."

"I lost you," she whispers, smiling through her tears, "I lost you a long, long time ago...I'm not ever, ever going to lose you again, my love, my love..."

• Like 18

4 hours ago, liddi said:

@iloveknovela First things first... I have meant to say this far earlier on, but I am truly sorry for your loss. It is not everyone who can call their other half their soulmate, and from how you described your husband, he was definitely that. You are truly blessed and your faith such an inspiration... thank you for sharing that part of yourself with us.

And yes, the drama seems to take that route... when the universe aligns, by or despite man's design, to bring about what is meant to happen, however one tries to avoid otherwise. In some ways, it appears to show the futility of trying to go against fate, and supports what Taejo and Jimong told Soo early on, to not try and interfere nor fight against what is meant to be, but to accept and treasure what she has at hand. However, wise though their words may be, Soo has given too much of herself - not just to So, but even in her affections to the princes and friends - to be an impartial bystander, and that is where she finally breaks down in spirit, her physical deterioration an outward expression of her emotional and mental struggles.

Can I just say LJE has been an incredible revelation for me personally through this drama? To be honest, I was really sceptical when I first heard that she was cast, and it did not help that my fears were not assuaged in the first 3 episodes, when I feel that she was obviously still trying to find her footing in her performance. However, Ep4 was the turning point for me, and I was finally sold on her interpretation of Soo - spunky, cheerful, brave, rushing in where angels fear to tread. I waited with great, albeit fearful anticipation for the turning point in Soo's life, when she transitions into a dark period of her life... one I knew was coming. And she nailed it. Her exquisite performance in Ep11 and beyond proved to me that she is Soo and she embodies her journey as I can see no one else doing - idealism, giving way to pain, heartbreak, disillusionment, maturity, broken over and over again, yet clinging to the gradually diminishing vestiges of who she was when she first came, in her small, frail body. LJE delivered again and again and again, breaking my heart all over as I travel that journey with her. With 2 more episodes to go, I am bracing myself as I prepare to be immersed once more into her narration of Soo's story, her life and finally her death... knowing that she will devastate me just as hers is shattered - in body and in spirit.

4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

First IM SO SORRY OF YOUR LOSS. You are so strong and Im glad faith has given you strength to carry on. :heart:

2nd Yes i totally agree if theres any comfort in sad things occuring is the thought that "sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can". I hope HS death will not only shaken  GJ but make him become a better King and not one as ruthless because this is what HS been trying to change in him. I remember in the cversion Wook/8th character upon hearing HS/ RX death he had the last chilling laugh and said that in the end WS/ 4th is like him... they both failed RX/ HS and chose the throne and their ego over her... sad but chillingly true. I couldnt hate 8th Prince anymore (ok Im biased actor Kevin Cheung nailed that scene)

So what im trying to say is, WS sadly needs something  as tragic as HS death to awaken his own actions wheather its wrong or right I wont analysize it (as many of you have already done a remarkable awesome job) but one thing for certain he needs it to be a better King.

Thank you for your words of comfort @liddi and @Kasmic.  Truly touching and I sincerely appreciate it.:heart:

Both of you are right for speaking about what strong FAITH does to me.  This is what gives me the confidence that what I hoped for will happen and it gives me the assurance about the things that I cannot see yet. Life is full of surprises but what I treasure the most is time I've spent with my late husband.  Yes, I can say the he indeed is my soulmate because we basically understand each other deeply even without saying it.  By mere looking at each others expression we already know something is wrong and knew what has to be done.  We have deeper connection spiritually.  He used to say that though we are physically apart, in spirit we are.  Now that he is gone, I understood what he meant because I don't feel he is really gone, deep with in my spirit he is there helping me to go on and go through with life. That phrase, "match made in heaven" he kept saying that every time we go through hard times.  He used to say that we are stronger together than we are apart and that we should try to avoid tearing each other apart with hurtful words and comments.  What I am sharing in most of my post here are basically my personal experiences. 

This is just a drama but I can basically relate because our circumstances have lots of similarity.  My late husband, just like WS is deeply hurt from childhood too.  They have lots of similarity being logical and deep thinker, well knowledgeable, good sense and discretion but easily get pissed and a little scary when he gets mad.  Me, on the other hand is kinda stubborn and very outspoken.  A little similar with HS but we just differ in the way we think.  I am not a surface thinker and very firm with what I believe is right.  Watching WS & HS reminds me of our times.  Looking at WS in his early relationship with HS, what really draws him to her is that sense of comfort and peace he got when he is with her.  She may been saying things for the sake of conversation but those same things happened to be what WS needed at that time.  Remember he said, when he comes to her it seems most of his problem lightens?  I could feel him hearing those words because that's how my late husband realized that I am not just a friend or a little sister to him.  I still love reading the poem he gave me entitled "When you first came into my life". That poem speaks so much about us too. I can relate why HS treasured that poem.  WS sleeping in HS lap is something that they are similar to us too.  Sometimes a full grown man acting like that is kinda cute and I enjoy doing those small and maybe a little corny stuff if it makes him happy coz I feel great too.  Other people say it is difficult to please a man.  I don't think so.  Just get to know your man well.   Not all men wants expensive stuff or the likes, sometimes small things done out of the abundance of the heart meant more.  Just pay attention to WS, what he enjoy the most are basically simple things.

"to not try and interfere nor fight against what is meant to be, but to accept and treasure what she has at hand"

I totally agree with this.  When I learned that my husbands days were numbered, making decision is very hard.  We're not married yet so I was like: should I get into this knowing how it will end?  Just like WS & HS, we tried breaking up too but I felt like hell.  It may be hard but nothing impossible, I thought.  I am not sure how much time we have but God can create miracles.  God indeed prolonged his life a little longer and we spend it wisely, building good memories.  He may have left me behind but I when I think about it, God sent him to be for a reason.  His destiny is to make a difference in other people's lives and that includes me.  I have no regrets nor felt jealous with what other women have now though I remain unmarried.  All I can think of is the good things I enjoyed and treasured in my heart.  When God finally call me home, we will be together again coz he said he will be waiting.  This is why I kept on hoping that HS will remain steadfast and be by WS's side no matter what.  Knowing she has limited time.  If she thinks she endured and sacrificed so much for WS already, doing an extra mile would be worth it because she will be spending it with him.  What's more comforting than to die in the arms of the man you loved.  It may be very hard for WS to send her off but their love and good memories can still give him joy and comfort, like it does to me.  I don't like sad ending but if it can't be helped .... I will just cry about it.

Well, It is kinda weird that I am sharing my own story here but if you could learn and be encouraged by it then it is worth sharing.

I am a Kdrama fanatic and have watched so many already but rarely I get hooked with it, except for MLSHR.  Perhaps due to the fact that it brings me back to my wonderful days. :D  It was an added bonus the LJG is gracing the screen.  He is a complete package!  Beautiful from the inside out!  My stress reliever!!  :D:D  Can't hep but smile thinking how fun it would be if I am watching MLSHR with my late hubby.  I will certainly have a good time teasing him knowing how I can make him jealous.  :D 

I don't discriminate actors/actress by their previous projects... as there is always room for growth once they gain more experience.  IU did well in this drama and I am happy for her.  Being musically inclined, I admire her a a singer.  I think the actor she's working with might have contributed greatly in her performance. I noticed from the BTS that she keeps on asking him question or pointers on how to do things.  LJG seems to be a very generous person, he doesn't mind sharing his knowledge with younger actors to improve themselves and their craft.   No wonder he is being blessed with much more.  We are normally blessed or entrusted with more so we can be a blessing to others.  And if we don't share or make use what we have we might as well lose it

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

You are not alone sissy, I did that too except 7. Hahaha! My friends called me the goddess of  kdrama. They are always asking what kdrama I will watch next. 

Recommended MLSHR to friends and colleagues and they love it very much. During our break time, we gather together and talk about MLSHR and we went back to our station teary eyed. Lol! 

I am with you. One of my friend tease me because she saw my FB, IG, Twitter filled with MLSHR. She never watch Kdrama even tho I try to convert her and she thought MLSHR is a romantic love story with lovey dovey moments all the time. So one time (after episode 18) she says if I want my love life (with my husband) similar to MLSHR.

And then I literally go crazy at her and tell her why would she say such a horrible things? Do you really want us to endure that much pain, misunderstanding, get separated (God forbid) and then I die of a broken heart????? Why do you hate us???

That poor girl. I am officially insane right now :tears:.

MLSHR, ruin your live since 2016

• Like 18

My first sad love story drama is Glass Slippers followed by Winter Sonata. But what I hate and so dissapointed Kdrama was Stairway to heaven.  Back to MLSHR, if ever it will have a sad ending, I will suppress it in my mind and will make ep 16 my happy :wink: ending. 

• Like 9