[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

58 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

What's the re-watch value of MLSHR currently like for everyone?

Like, is anyone planning on re-watching immediately after it ends? Or will it be one of those dramas you re-watch when you're feeling blue and need a good make-me-cry drama (like MiSa [I'm sorry, I love You] or AIMH)?

For me, Episodes 1-16 will likely result in the rape of my replay button for a while. 17-20 will likely not be re-watched as much.

For those who watch a lot of dramas with sad endings, how do you cope with the depression afterwards?

MiSa depressed me for a full week. That drama, unlike this one, didn't have any happy, lighthearted moments at all.

For that matter, where does MLSHR rank in terms of the saddest drama you've ever seen/you've seen lately?

I am gonna re-watch it immediately after it ends (usually in the middle of the night so no one can disturb me). I just need to watch it several times (and cry like a mental patient) before I can move on.

Actually watch it again like crazy is my way to cope with depression. After that, I will put this drama into my all time favorite collection along with the OST BTS, images and everything related to this drama. Sometimes I watch it again just for fun :rolleyes:

• Like 15

So I was thinking about something...

I think it's SO ironic that the reasons SO wanted the throne turned out to be the things that didn't come true after all. For instance, these are the main reasons why Wang So wanted to become king:

1. To have Hae Soo

2. So he could stop hurting those that he cared about (i.e. Eun, SU, etc.)

But what in the end did the throne bring him? It did not fulfill those wishes SO had hoped for when he became king. Does he have Hae Soo? Well, you could say that he does right now, but we all know that's not going to last. He can't have her because she's not queen-material and he can't have her because she's becoming disenchanted. Why? Because he has the throne now.

He wanted the throne so he could stop hurting those he cared about but, ultimately, he ended up hurting the one person he cared about the most: HS. 

Isn't this all just so ironic? Makes me sad :/ 

• Like 16

Looking at next episode preview... Look like Yeon Hwa would turn her back from her family & clan to futhfill Wang So condition to have a heir. Wook ya... Look at you... You didn't even dare to leave your family for Hae Soo ... But look in the end what happened to you? Lol ... Seeing Wang Wook face in next episode preview on the death bird scene ... He look freaking scared when Wang So accused him sending the King a died bird as yes he didn't send it & probably Wang So & Yeonhwa Scheme it to framed Wook.

• Like 15

41 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

I agree with you on that.  This is what we call, blessing in disguise. :D

What some people meant for evil, God meant it for our own good.  This is where I found God's incredible sense of humor.  When bad things things happen, instead of looking or finding who is to blame, I take time and think about what God is trying to teach me and what he is up to.  I remember what my late husband used to tell me: don't cry when somebody gives you lemon, instead make a lemonade.  Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.  :D

First IM SO SORRY OF YOUR LOSS. You are so strong and Im glad faith has given you strength to carry on. :heart:

2nd Yes i totally agree if theres any comfort in sad things occuring is the thought that "sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can". I hope HS death will not only shaken  GJ but make him become a better King and not one as ruthless because this is what HS been trying to change in him. I remember in the cversion Wook/8th character upon hearing HS/ RX death he had the last chilling laugh and said that in the end WS/ 4th is like him... they both failed RX/ HS and chose the throne and their ego over her... sad but chillingly true. I couldnt hate 8th Prince anymore (ok Im biased actor Kevin Cheung nailed that scene)

So what im trying to say is, WS sadly needs something  as tragic as HS death to awaken his own actions wheather its wrong or right I wont analysize it (as many of you have already done a remarkable awesome job) but one thing for certain he needs it to be a better King.

@chickenchopflipflop (lol i love you soompi ID name :joy:) oh if your prediction of the last 2 eps come true can u imagine the amount of table and chair flipping esp from LJG 300  fans hahaha! ok maybe they wont do it out of respect for him being there but yes tissues will be needed and please hell yeah we need a fancam of that moment so incase chairs/ tables flip I can laugh and say hahaha Im glad im not the only one feeling this way. (*flip* tables already) 

• Like 14

I have been reading other comments on chinese ending..

RXX writing was so similar to Kings that 14th prince hides it in another envelope when he sends her letter to the king, only to be found by the king when its too late..

I just couldn't stop wondering if that happens, how its a retribution for WS not letting Jung meet mother on her deathbed.. and how WS will miss out meeting HS on her deathbed to Jung.. Irony much

1. Same handwriting = basically is a proxy for how immersed HS was in WS.. all this while WS thinks and feels he loves HS more than she does.. ( barring the acting and editing issues..from story perspective alone) he will basically end up realizing that HS loved him so much more... She left everything ( her morals, her fears, her everything) to prioritize him in her life..

Same handwriting = Same thought process ( handwriting analysis is all abt personality) ... so... for us viewers who are aware how different HS is/was... its a direct statement that she has changed and imbibed qualities of her lover... she sacrificed her individuality little by little for her love.. because this love story could either be totally consuming or not be at all given how WS is..

2. I guess its better if WS doesn't see HS on her deathbed.. because then the yearning will be so desperate that it will break time and space continnum to make them meet again in 21st century...

If he sees her die.. and has that last minute solace that she died happy in his arms.. he may just feel immense grief  ( FROM narrative perspective)

• Like 23

34 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Like all of yous, ep 18 hit me hard that I have been in a haze for days. How could So offer YH to be his only queen and mother of his child if she abandon Wook? And he doesn't want to see Soo anymore? Ok I'm going to look on the bright side that it's all part of So's revenge plan on the Hwangbo siblings, pretending to drift apart from Soo and making YH to back stab Wook. But still I'm prepared that ep 19 will be worst than 18. :tears:

About history that So and snake/fake Hae Soo had 5 children .... well since she like to pretend to be Soo, she wouldn't mind So being drunk each time thinking it was Soo.  I feel better thinking this way. 

The leaked pic of the kiss (if we will see it on screen), from So's hairstyle with the side fringe it could be he went out the palace to look for Soo.  

I hope it doesn't have a c-version ending because to me it doesn't fit for moon lover. 

I'm trying to look on the bright side with So's revenge plan as well but every time there's something I think about something in the 'bright side' it almost always backfires. I hope that he betrays YH with this as well. 

The leaked kiss has got me thinking as well. Looking at HS's hairstyle it's in a bun so maybe the another time leap after she leaves the palace? WS also has a side fringe so maybe that gives us hope that they will see each other again after their break up? Although it looks like the kiss is from when HS was a court lady I really hope it's not a flash back or dream sequence! Please Please PLEASE!! I'll let myself that this leaked kiss happens after HS leaves the palace and have my dreams, heart and soul crushed on Tuesday. 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Like all of yous, ep 18 hit me hard that I have been in a haze for days. How could So offer YH to be his only queen and mother of his child if she abandon Wook? And he doesn't want to see Soo anymore? Ok I'm going to look on the bright side that it's all part of So's revenge plan on the Hwangbo siblings, pretending to drift apart from Soo and making YH to back stab Wook. But still I'm prepared that ep 19 will be worst than 18. :tears:

About history that So and snake/fake Hae Soo had 5 children .... well since she like to pretend to be Soo, she wouldn't mind So being drunk each time thinking it was Soo.  I feel better thinking this way. 

The leaked pic of the kiss (if we will see it on screen), from So's hairstyle with the side fringe it could be he went out the palace to look for Soo.  

I hope it doesn't have a c-version ending because to me it doesn't fit for moon lover. 

You're right after all Wang So x Hae Soo moments captured with strong impression and beautifully, it doesn't fit if the end will be like this. I didn't want see Hae Soo died in Jung shoulder just like CBBJX, i wish Wang So late arrived and cry so badly that Hae Soo already died in her bed :tears: i'm so afraid they gave us scene where snake YH gave us happy face know Hae Soo died, so crueeel just like unnecessary wedding scene, it still torturing scene. I got crazy everytime think about snake YH, i really want she never appear in this drama!! I remember again how many bitter life that Hae Soo through after the punishment of poisoning suspect, you can think who's idea came from...

• Like 16

Did anyone notice in the episode 19 preview, when WW says he has something to confess, his lips are all pale. I've noticed in the show they make people's lips pale when they're sick (or have just been tortured)... I'm thinking it will follow the C-ver where he confesses so HS can go free. He might have been tortured and HS stood up for him (seems like something she would do, UGH) so he does this for her? 

• Like 15

53 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Looking at next episode preview... Look like Yeon Hwa would turn her back from her family & clan to futhfill Wang So condition to have a heir. Wook ya... Look at you... You didn't even dare to leave your family for Hae Soo ... But look in the end what happened to you? Lol ... Seeing Wang Wook face in next episode preview on the death bird scene ... He look freaking scared when Wang So accused him sending the King a died bird as yes he didn't send it & probably Wang So & Yeonhwa Scheme it to framed Wook.

I agree @Killa92 , WS knew what type of woman YH was. It seems he never trusted her in the first place. I am soooo pissed to see YH betray her clan and family for power. You know I blame her mom for the way she turned out. Her own mother was willing to abandon one child for another for power too and in the end YH's mom will also be abandoned after doing the same thing to the only child that was most loyal to her. I find that JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED. 

• Like 14

10 hours ago, hiluna said:

My beef with Soo is that when she read CR's letter she didn't show enough angst at being betrayed. It was like "oh she did it for love" and that absolved her in Soo's eyes for all her horrible actions. There was no remorse on CR's part and no regrets. CR was not the person she thought was her "sister", she was a fake, and if she had to get angry at someone it should be at herself for being her usual trusting self, not at So. I wanted her to be angry at CR, throw the letter away, have a tantrum then calm down and think about her life and where it is heading, and that would have indicated to me that she wasn't leaving So because of what he did to CR.

Yes, you've made a good point. Boy I feel like I'm already getting smarter reading all those brilliant comments here keke.

I mean I understand the way she felt toward WS after witnessing CR's death. But just like you, I wish she had been angrier at the fact that CR had deceived her from day 1 and do horrible things that threatened the very life of HS, her beloved agassi and friend. And then she said she had NO REGRET? Pff, give me a break! Serve you right, eggroll!

I think the writer should have digged a lil deeper, to let us know more about her dilemma rather than blame it solely on blind unrequited love. Maybe she did it to please Won and because Wook persuade her that would help him become king, then he can marry HS and everyone will be happy in the end etc. Unfortunately, CR, like many other characters, are underdeveloped that way, thus making it hard for us to sympathize with them, and making HS look dumb for sympathyzing with them.

Ah I feel so much like HS now: I don't think I can forgive what you did, but I understand  :P

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Did anyone notice in the episode 19 preview, when WW says he has something to confess, his lips are all pale. I've noticed in the show they make people's lips pale when they're sick (or have just been tortured)... I'm thinking it will follow the C-ver where he confesses so HS can go free. He might have been tortured and HS stood up for him (seems like something she would do, UGH) so he does this for her? 

My wishful thinking wish Wook confess all Yeon Hwa wrong doings to Wang So right in front of Yeon Hwa face.

• Like 13

I just realized that the 'If we had met in a different place at a different time, how nice would it have been?' line from HS that is in the 6 min trailer hasn't been said. 

• Her last words to WS - It's quite likely but if so she probably doesn't say it right before she dies because her voice still seems 'healthy'
  • HS's letter to WS - Although I would want HS to say those words directly to WS it's quite possible that this might be in letter that people think HS will send WS like BBJX.
  • HS's thoughts or internal monologue - I really don't want it to be this one but it's possible :( 

5 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

My wishful thinking wish Wook confess all Yeon Hwa wrong doings to Wang So right in front of Yeon Hwa face.

My dream come true. There's nothing better than evil siblings turning on each other. 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, millie10468 said:

What's the re-watch value of MLSHR currently like for everyone?

Like, is anyone planning on re-watching immediately after it ends? Or will it be one of those dramas you re-watch when you're feeling blue and need a good make-me-cry drama (like MiSa or AIMH)?

For me, Episodes 1-16 will likely result in the rape of my replay button for a while. 17-20 will likely not be re-watched as much.

For those who watch a lot of dramas with sad endings, how do you cope with the depression afterwards?

MiSa depressed me for a full week. That drama, unlike this one, didn't have any happy, lighthearted moments at all.

For that matter, where does MLSHR rank in terms of the saddest drama you've ever seen/you've seen lately?

I'll buy the complete DVD set and rewatch again.

• Like 10

There is also another line in the first long trailer showed in China where HS said: "We cannot simply show our inner thoughts when it comes to meeting or parting ways with people. We should hide it from others instead. That's the kind of person we need (or need to be?)." 

These lines haven't been used in the show yet. HS is likely to leave WS without him knowing about her true feelings unlike the time when she went to him to confess her love despite his rejection in ep 16. WS remains bitter and angry while regretting letting HS leave. WS leaves HS's room in the palace intact and visits/sleeps over  whenever he cannot bear the pain of missing her or being alone in his room. HS has left her mark everywhere in the palace...from his room to the parade square where she kneeled..to the imperial gardens...to the wishing tower/Dongji Lake...to the make up he uses everyday....HS is everywhere. How do you erase the memories? How do you continue living (in the same place) when the meaning of your existence is no longer there? WS is trapped in his palace and chained to his throne. Even though the pain of missing WS is just as great for HS, a different place will give her some breathing space to live without fear. 

• Like 17

I was watching the episode 19 preview again and was thinking about and dreading the scene where so and soo will break up. What if the reason IS because 'soo was going to marry wook' and that because So received so many rejections from soo (and his inability to marry her), he's kinda jealous of that fact? Well, not exactly jealous but just shocked that Soo was actually thinking about and willing to marry Wook (and maybe shocked that Soo still has feelings for Wook (even though she obviously doesn't) since she might ask So to spare his life. Does that make sense? I sincerely hope -PRAY- that this will not be the reason though :(. After allllllll the things they've been through, the break-up deserves to be proper. :bawling:

(Is it too late to hope?)

• Like 12