[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Take a look at @insertfeelshere's Tweet:

They blended OSTs of both dramas together and the end result is beatiful harmonisation and smooth flow!Absolutely love it!:heart:

Woow.. this is beautiful and very creative of them! Two thumbs up for them!! B)

• Like 3

It seemed like WS ursurped the throne and said Yo appointed him the King.

But I don't see him wrong doing that cause he's the one who's supposed to replace Moo as the King in the first place. He's just taking back his rights. King Yo is nothing but a treason thief.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Wang So or rather Gwangjong should accept his mother's words and demote her to Queen Hwangbo's status.

I  agree. One thing that make Queen yoo less dangerous than yeonhwa was she always stay true to her feelings. To her, her ego and pride was everything. A child as deprived of love like wang so in the past could easily be used and manipulated and most likely stayed loyal despite everything, but she chose not to. So yes, in a way her rejection of him would never changed no matter how desperate her situation was. And wang so should just accept that fact and move on, their relationship was beyond salvation at this rate. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@qwenli Why didn't Yo kill Wook?

This is my answer to that question.

Since Yo had usurped the throne, he needed a legitimation. Wook proposed the perfect solution: a complot. Yo had to choose among the royal families a culprit that's why Wang Wook proposed him to get rid of Eun's clan. Actually, Wang Wook had this idea before the coup d'Etat from Yo. His original plan was: As soon as Mu had died of poison, Wook would have used the incident to claim that Eun's grandfather had done it. He already insinuated before Mu's death that Eun's grandfather was against the king Mu.

However, Wang Wook's plan didn't work out because Yo appeared before Mu's death and Won had revealed Wook's plan to him. Yo decided to use Wook's plan for his own advantage. With the (fake) complot of Eun's grandfather, Yo could justify his Coup d'Etat but also frighten the other clans. Then after killing Eun and his family, if Yo had started getting rid of other clans, he would have lost his support among all the clans which would have led to a rebellion. Hence he couldn't get rid of Wook.

Yet, Yo knew from his own experience that Wook was dangerous and could betray him at any time. Therefore Yo decided to use Yeon hwa as hostage and sent her to Khitan. It was his way to control Wang Wook. So he thought that Yeon hwa was Wook's weakness. It was his first move to control Wook.  since Yo considered Wook as his dog too. Wook's leash would have been Yeon Hwa in his eyes. But he was wrong for two reasons. Wang Wook had stopped caring for his sister. Moreover, Yeon Hwa is not a second version of Hae Soo. Yeon Hwa saized the opportunity by betraying Eun in order to prove her loyalty to Yo so that Yo saw that Yeon Hwa couldn't be Wook's leash.

In my opinion, Yo must have heard from Won later (Won has always been involved in Yo's schemes: except the attempted assassination hence we can conclude that Won was his most loyal brother) that Hae Soo was important to Wook as well. Therefore he kept Hae Soo close by his side because he could control Wang So and Wang Wook. When So "abandoned" her, Yo couldn't still get rid of Hae Soo because of Wook.

Yo had an interest to keep Wook by his side as well: he noticed that Wook was really smart (see the poisoning and the fake complot of Eun's grandfather) hence he needed his brillant brain. Don't forget that Yo didn't want to rely on his mother any more. In the past, he used to follow her orders so that we can say that she was his strategist. When he tried to act on his own accord, his plan failed: This made him realise his lack of intelligence. He was not a great strategist and he needed someone smart. So he needed an other councelor. Finally, the fact that Yo considered himself as pig at some point, reveal that Yo was well aware of his own skills. He was more or less admitting that he has never been very smart and a brilliant politician. Even the compliment he paid to Wang Wook for his plan (episode 14 "I knew that the smart ones are the real dangerous ones") is an indication that Yo recognised that Wook was smarter than himself.

What do you think? Is it good explained now? 

Thanks for the explanation. However much he doesn't want to rely on his mother, she would have been a safer bet than Wook and just as smart if not more so.  Maybe he took the slap from her after the rain incident really hard and made him question her motive, which would then make it reasonable that he would abdicate to So just to spite her. I don't think Yo was very smart and probably had a one track mind ...the crown. He probably didn't think beyond that, he does like manipulating people using their weakness, I will give him that, but did he think he could control both brothers like that forever without consequences? short sighted on his part.

• Like 7

everything is ready except my tv :bawling:

suddenly all my nephew and niece come to my house and they coup the tv for kids channel.. noooo.... 

so i will join you here and depend on you dear eclipses for live recap... bring it on chingus :glasses::glasses:

@MadraRua i'm here... thank you for the roll call.. i'm soo ready :wub:

• Like 11