[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Yippeuni said:

PREVIEW: MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO EPISODE 17 [SPOILER ALERT]

bk17

It remains uncertain whether Youku will broadcast Episode 17 this week to allow SBS to play “catch-up” but I have a feeling the Chinese website just may do so. I’m not privy to Youku’s contract with SBS but unless SBS explicitly stated in it that the Chinese company had to preempt episodes accordingly to the Korean broadcast schedule in the event of unexpected circumstances, I don’t see why Youku wouldn’t release Episode 17 later.

The Chinese probably didn’t think they did anything wrong by broadcasting Episode 16 yesterday since a baseball game happening in Korea would have zero connection to the billions of viewers in their own country. They have already bought the broadcast rights, which cost them a whopping fortune. Also, SBS probably has some management rights at OneAsia TV since the channel only streams SBS programmes, which explains why it adhered to the preempt yesterday. I wished SBS had handled the whole rescheduling incident a little better, knowing they are operating simultaneous broadcast in different countries. I wonder whether SBS even informed Youku they were preempting Episode 16. If Youku doesn’t show Episode 17 tonight, the decision would be significantly attributed to goodwill unless it defaulted on rigidly expressed contract obligations last night by streaming Episode 16. We’ll see!

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/preview-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo-episode-17-spoiler-alert/

i really got me thinking since every country brought it as a whole, korean broadcasting still have a say when should an episode be broadcasted. like, how about our (countries) viewers? because of internet, agreements and scheduling got complicated.. hehe

• Like 6

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

THREE VERSIONS… THRICE SHY

bk16k_8

Youku didn’t broadcast Episode 17. Anyway, SBS is seriously a little nuts. I’ve just watched the Korean version and the international version of Episode 16 – both are different from the Chinese version I reviewed yesterday. WTH? I think the Korean version is the best. All the while, I thought the Chinese version was the same as the international version. I’ve rounded up a few scenes from the Korean edition that was missing in the other two versions. I may have missed a couple since I just skimmed through the episode. SIGH. Why can’t SBS stick to one version??? Three is just crazy. Now I’m wondering how different the Chinese edition is from the other two. Madness, really. What’s the point of simultaneous broadcast to congregate fans from all over the world when everyone is watching a different version?

There’s a scene where Woo Hee argues with Yo in the throne room. Apparently, she is working for him in secret to gather support from the hubaekje people. When she retaliates, he muses out sarcastically what Baek Ah would think if he knew Woo Hee was his “dog”?

A scene that is completely missing from the international and Chinese version is when So and Soo meet in their garden at night. This takes place after the scene where Soo is practising writing the poem So had given to her. So is agonising at how Yo used Soo to force him into submission when Soo appears and asks him whether he intended on leaving without seeing him.

Reveal hidden contents

bk16k_7

He treats her with curtness but she doesn’t give up and back hugs him. She lets loose all her feelings on him, while he fights not to touch her hands which are around his waist. She softly asks him whether he has been sleeping and eating well. With difficulty, he shoves her hands away and walks off.

bk16k_11

bk16k_10

bk16k_9

I guess the Korean version sacrificed Jung for the above scene. The scene where Jung is in audience with Yo, and he puts forth what he wants as his reward, and the scene where he goes to Damiwon to find Soo after meeting Yo were missing. SBS will probably do a flashback later when Jung uses his secret trump card on So to force him to release Soo from the palace.

Jump to the scene where Soo sneaks out of the palace to see So. The Korean version sees her lingering longer over his scars. Also, the Korean version has So kissing Soo twice without a hug – the Chinese and international version shows them kissing once, and hugging after.

The darned flickering candle is consistent in all three versions. Thanks much, SBS.
bk16k_2

bk16k_6

bk16k_3

Fast forward to the scene where Ji Mong joins them and relates that Yo’s condition is worsening. The Korean version shows Yo hallucinating visits from Eun, Moo and his father in the dead of the night. He has a heart attack and collapses. It is Wook who finds him the next morning and orders the guards to stay alert. Ji Mong states “the time is now” and the Korean version has him further adding that General Park and his men, and his adopted family from Shinju and their army, are standing by, waiting for him to take over the palace.

bk16k_4

bk16k_5

I guess the other two versions will feature the missing scenes in the next episode. But what I really detest is the fact that because I’m rabid over this drama, I hate the idea that I may be missing key scenes that were featured in the different versions that I did not watch. I mean who has the time to watch three versions of the same episode every week? I did that for Episode 16 and my head is spinning. The editing is so haphazard…

Oh, SBS…please get your act together the next time you decide to embark on simultaneous broadcast.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/three-versions-thrice-shy/

oh really three versions??? tsk sigh... i didnt save the chinese ver when i saw it thinking its the same as international version.. maybe it comes down to censorship of each country... maybe production gave it to them like other international, but each country could do cut and paste..

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@fizumu you have a very good imagination..I agree partial of your prediction, but I hope writer wouldn't use "nightmare" or "killing brothers" again for this drama plot.

yeah i also wouldn't want WS having nightmares.. but since he did those killing because he really needed to, he wouldn't have it... after all he didn't usurp the throne for himself, circumstances and strong support of friends made him king (he was second in the line after Yo after all).... now that he will be king, the next in line would be 8th? hmmmm... danger ahead...

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, qwenli said:

also when Yo was praying at the temple, the camera was swaying slightly so that we feel the crazy, instability of Yo.

sorry for cutting your comment short but I LOVED your discerption of that scene & the camera work! 

my delusional mind want to think our SooSo will not break up because they already broke up during Wang Yo's region & came back together after 2 years, we already saw her go through the pain of missing him, no need to put her through this again, that girl went through a lot of horrible experiences, just let her die peacefully in his arms :( the director & PD know that many people do expect the same ending as the original so maybe they'll surprise us & change it :( I'm scared 

BTW does anyone know what Wang So was saying in ep 17 preview when he was sitting on the throne? he looked angry & different, I think it is from SBS ver 

Edit: never mind I found it here 

• Like 19

37 minutes ago, zi4r said:

I know Eun and SD were gonna die... but their Ep15 lovey dovey scene was wayyyyyyy too long. And then, for our OTP, all their beautiful moments together were squeezed into less than 5 minutes. WTH!!!!

Totally!!! I can't understand this… SO UNFAIR for the OTP.   

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

sorry for cutting your comment short but I LOVED your discerption of that scene & the camera work! 

my delusional mind want to think our SooSo will not break up because they already broke up during Wang Yo's region & came back together after 2 years, we already saw her go through the pain of missing him, no need to put her through this again, that girl went through a lot of horrible experiences, just let her die peacefully in his arms :( the director & PD know that many people do expect the same ending as the original so maybe they'll surprise us & change it :( I'm scared 

BTW does anyone know what Wang So was saying in ep 17 preview when he was sitting on the throne? he looked angry & different, I think it is from SBS ver 

Me too. Other than finding out about CR's betrayal and death, HS has already gone through everything Rouxi did in the last 25% of the C-drama. Unlike HS, in the first 75% of C-drama, Ruoxi's life was relatively peaceful, other than 13th prince's imprisonment.

"Kill it. Not even a single one will be left out."

• Like 13

4 hours ago, vwj1 said:

40somethingahjumma

I love reading your "essays".  I'm amazed sometimes at the things you write because it's pretty darn much the things I am thinking.  I could never write them as eloquently as you do though.  So thank you for sharing it here. 

Thank you dear... you're so sweet. And it's a pleasure for me and I'm always amazed that people actually read them. 

Getting a bit long-winded in my old age. ;) I need an outlet after years of teaching people to write essays. 

4 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Same here! I fell so hard for these two because the writer really worked at creating real obstacles and real relationship moments. I know  alot of viewers were frustrated by the slow-rate of shipbuilding, but honestly I don't think any writer should care what the viewer thinks at all as long as there's a master plan in mind. The speed of them getting together is perfect because by god, these two have really REALLY earned it and that's more satisfying than any scene fluff. 

They sure have. :D

And we've earned it too TBH. It's our payoff as much as it is theirs. ;) I feel vindicated for defending the writer's approach vociferously and repeatedly here. 

For me I think just finally for those two to be able to let it all go and surrender completely without inhibitions is a beautiful culmination of what they've had to go through from within or without. Whether they did the floorboard tango and all that jazz probably doesn't really matter.

I also think that the "night of passion" kiss serves as a wonderful contrast to the "forced" kiss on the night where she got her Eun premonitions. On both occasions she teared up. The first time she fought and resisted. Trust wasn't there. But this time it was relief, desperation and quiet happiness. Su finally... truly... went all the way to prove to him that there was nothing else holding her back.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

THREE VERSIONS… THRICE SHY

Youku didn’t broadcast Episode 17. Anyway, SBS is seriously a little nuts. I’ve just watched the Korean version and the international version of Episode 16 – both are different from the Chinese version I reviewed yesterday. WTH? I think the Korean version is the best. All the while, I thought the Chinese version was the same as the international version. I’ve rounded up a few scenes from the Korean edition that was missing in the other two versions. I may have missed a couple since I just skimmed through the episode. SIGH. Why can’t SBS stick to one version??? Three is just crazy. Now I’m wondering how different the Chinese edition is from the other two. Madness, really. What’s the point of simultaneous broadcast to congregate fans from all over the world when everyone is watching a different version?

There’s a scene where Woo Hee argues with Yo in the throne room. Apparently, she is working for him in secret to gather support from the hubaekje people. When she retaliates, he muses out sarcastically what Baek Ah would think if he knew Woo Hee was his “dog”?

A scene that is completely missing from the international and Chinese version is when So and Soo meet in their garden at night. This takes place after the scene where Soo is practising writing the poem So had given to her. So is agonising at how Yo used Soo to force him into submission when Soo appears and asks him whether he intended on leaving without seeing him.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/three-versions-thrice-shy/

Thank you @Yippeuni for your post you have just answered my prayer. :)

It's heartbreaking to see the change in the relationship of So and Soo.  She was his whole world and now slowly but surely she is being cast aside for other greater goals. Soo still has his love a hundred percent but it won't be so pure anymore, now that love has to go through edited version, it has been analyzed upon by So. What a change has been from that boyish So begging for a kiss while they were stargazing by the lake with that frown on So's face every time he sees Soo and him walking away from her now. :bawling:

I've read someone wrote in this forum the actors (or was it Lee Joon Gi who said it?) said this drama will have a happy ending (am I wrong?).  If it's true, I guess the happy ending will be in the future, back in the 21st century. Or maybe they will show us WangSo and HaeSu walking together hand in hand in a beautiful landscape somewhere in the afterlife like the ending in the movie "The King and The Clown"

• Like 15

I like WW's question about Soo being king's woman and really curious what she will answer him?

I think WS played very smart here, dunno intentionally or not. I mean he could tell HS that he wants the throne to make all safe and ask her to wait for him. In that case she might go denial again and things would be messed up. But instead he makes her feel guilty about not trusting him (but he saw her letter!) and breaks up using this as excuse, despite the fact he leaves her actually because General Park demanded for sacrifice. Probably he planned to become a king and then get HS back? So poor Soo was waiting and longing for him 2 years with her love getting even stronger to the extent that after WS comes back she confesses, begs, even risks her life. And finally they spent night together. And next day she is facing the fact that WS is going to be the king, and is not going to give up even for her. What she can do?- nothing but accept because there is no way back.

It would be nice if HS was a bit more pragmatic and supported WS in his plans, but it seems she will only passionately love him and get hurt by his personality changes (sigh). Anyway, this is what her character is.. all about feelings

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Totally!!! I can't understand this… SO UNFAIR for the OTP.   

@Gabi Bros and @zi4r I agreee 10000000000000000% with you guys. It infuriated me to see their scenes so short even their separations was too long even though it was beautifully done seeing time pass her by. IU did a wonderful job waiting for the man she loves but what I fear the most is the second separation she will have to endure which will lead to her death. :tears::tears::tears: 

• Like 9