[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

34 minutes ago, kathylim82 said:

IKR. It's hardly representative. If only they take into account intl viewership. I'm just feeling sad that the cast n crew did not get the deserved recognition in their home country. Hopefully with the end of other moon drama, their ratings will shoot up sky high n earn them some awards. *praying fervently*

can't live streaming be counted?
im so happy i was able to live stream online yesterday, but usually time slots in drama is not in tune with my schedule so i have to minimize it (and catch a glimpse at the corner) hehe..im still at work that time so should never be caught!

im hoping for awards more, but i think its not greedy to say that i also wish ratings will go up at least touch 15% mark on last 4 episodes..

• Like 1

if the scene on So bed is when Soo asking for him to go to lantern festival can we just said its so cute that even after So became a king he can't defies Soo request... and i just love how So face gives in when in the preview Soo biting her lips..

like Soo you really know how to control your man... LOL

THE KISS!! our OTP really know how to kiss and in SBS version Soo really give it all when she pull So closer... kyaaaa :wub:

can we get another kiss before the angst???? pretty please?

• Like 20

Spoiler
40 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

True the ratings was indeed a disappointment and I did expect it since Youku lil leak and it was the other Moon's finale so dont despair chingues as from @soorani post SHR did really well internationally. Let's rejoice for that :D

I need some laughs... the owner of the IG post is hilarious. 

Oh Im soooo not checking out his abbs here HAHAHA!

who's beside wang yo? was that LJK? what's he doing there? hahaha

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

In the 6 minute trailer, at 6:01 (where HS is holding CR's bloody letter), any guesses why or when HS's bed is on the ground instead of on a bed frame, but the room she looks in looks richly decorated? I can't think of any scene in C-drama that has a similar scene. After the 4th prince becomes emperor, Ruoxi shared his bed until she leaves the palace. There were a few days where she was staying in her court tea lady place when she was upset at him. 

I think she s back at her court lady room (maybe a new one) instead of the king s room. It could be the the wedding night of ws and yh, and all hs could do is sitting at her room looking at the door, longing for ws to appear.

Or ws and hs' s relationship deteriorate when ws found out about ww-hs that he never visits hs again. Everynight hs will not be able to sleep and hope for ws to visit her again.

Either way, it s a sad look on her face.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, fizumu said:

My prediction will be...

ep.17, Wang so became king. Found out Won and Chae Ryung were responsible in the killing of King Moo. Wang So had nightmares maybe because killing his brothers.

ep.18, Wang So marry YH out of responsibility. HS is pregnant. YH poison HS. HS miscarriage. (Queen Daemok is known for speciality in making poison) 

ep.19, WS know Wook relationship with HS thus he show no interest in HS even though it's just an act. Jung ask HS to marry him. and HS agree. 

ep. 20, HS got sick because she misses WS very much and die. Back to present day, HS was given CPR by WS :w00t: .Remember HS always having chest pain?? hehehe.. It's WS giving cardiac treatment n mouth to mouth respiration. :wub:

i sincerely hoping that YH would't be the cause of Soo miscarriage though... remember Taejo know that Queen Yoo is behind Lady Oh miscarriage and he can't do anything about it and have to live with that fact until he dies.. So have to get married to his child killer and don't do anything about it?? he will go mad if Soo miscarriage is being caused by others and no doubt he will kill again...

i think it will go in the novel.. because Soo body is already weak and she been stress out because of whole palace drama especially CR death.. 

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, fizumu said:

My prediction will be...

ep.17, Wang so became king. Found out Won and Chae Ryung were responsible in the killing of King Moo. Wang So had nightmares maybe because killing his brothers.

ep.18, Wang So marry YH out of responsibility. HS is pregnant. YH poison HS. HS miscarriage. (Queen Daemok is known for speciality in making poison) 

ep.19, WS know Wook relationship with HS thus he show no interest in HS even though it's just an act. Jung ask HS to marry him. and HS agree. 

ep. 20, HS got sick because she misses WS very much and die. Back to present day, HS was given CPR by WS :w00t: .Remember HS always having chest pain?? hehehe.. It's WS giving cardiac treatment n mouth to mouth respiration. :wub:

@fizumu you have a very good imagination..I agree partial of your prediction, but I hope writer wouldn't use "nightmare" or "killing brothers" again for this drama plot.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Hide contents

who's beside wang yo? was that LJK? what's he doing there? hahaha

Yes it is LJG ... just a fan edit. I laughed so muc. The owner of this IG post is indeed creative and hilarious. :joy:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, outofspace said:

I saw that someone subbed the Yo-WH part, here it is:

As for the 13th-WH storyline, I think that Yo will die before he can reveal the truth to Baek Ah (since I feel like they would've included it in the preview if that reveal happened), BUT the 9th prince probably knows about WH being a spy for Yo, so he'll likely end up being the one to reveal WH's betrayal to Baek Ah. The scene where General Park x So x Baek Ah ride up to the palace is different from the scene shown in the 6 min. preview where Baek Ah is wearing armor + shouting after someone, so there should be at least one more rebellion of some kind and maybe it's at that point where WH will possibly commit suicide or be used as bait..or basically be used in a tragic way. 

Hmm so we may see this few points like, WH committing syicide or disappearing, WH and 13th may have a child (if they follow the c version), HS will be pregnant?, and there will be some falling out between WS and HS? 

But the weird thing is that I remember that in the c version Ruoxi and the 14th had a good friendship but 14th was definitely more intelligent than Jung in this show. I wonder how they will play that out in this version.

sigh this drama give so little happy and just romantic moments but piles and piles of depressing moments. 

I saw Eun's death scene and :bawling: it was just too tragic. In that moment I really felt So's anguish and pain of having to kill his brother. What more that Eun was just so innocent and pure hearted. This drama really kills me every time. 

• Like 9

It was a freaking good episode. I thought Intl. version was pretty darn good. Then SBS version outdid it. (The backhug was so essential; why was it cut from Intl. version???)

Of course, the ratings were abysmal (Yeah, why did I even check?). By this point, I have given up on it; my heart can't take another week of baseball... but there's no other choice. I have never seen a channel sabotaging its own production/program like this before. Wasting one of the best episodes... it's criminal.

And here comes another rant. I am not usually the one who complains about the amount of screen time OTP is given; as long as the story is going through a logical flow, I am fine with less time for OTP. But COME ON!!!

I know Eun and SD were gonna die... but their Ep15 lovey dovey scene was wayyyyyyy too long. And then, for our OTP, all their beautiful moments together were squeezed into less than 5 minutes. WTH!!!!

The pacing is becoming too much of an issue. I can't catch a breather, rooting for our OTP... and the show's portrayal of love is getting so tiring. I know epic romance stories can be (and are usually) tragic, but this storyline is becoming less heartrending and more frustrating. 

• Like 22

about when Soo point out Pegasus star i can't help but wonder what about Pegasus that the writer want to use on our OTP...

the myth is Pegasus is the offspring of Poseidon and Medusa and named Pegasus mean 'water' or 'spring' in Greek pegai....

its not really a coincident that Soo point out that specific star.. the name Pegasus mean water that basically her symbolic when she come to Goryeo.. its through the water that she able to meet So...maybe the writer want to establish that Pegasus is the star that symbolic Soo and when she gone So will always looking for this specific star that he will remember for the rest of his live because its the star that Soo showed him...

even though he can't say the name ... kekeke

• Like 18

Korean Moon Lovers viewers should get off the internet and watch TV instead. TV rating is an indicator of viewership, Yes, but it's counting the limited portion of the total audience. Audience from advance counties such as Korea have mostly changed to online streaming. So, Why be butt-hurt on the percentage of viewership of the 2000 households that they use as sample in measuring tv rating when there are billions of viewers around the globe and /or  even in Korea itself, those on online streaming.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, kathylim82 said:

IKR. It's hardly representative. If only they take into account intl viewership. 

@antiherofans @kathylim82

this is a statistical calculation call sampling. It is not physically nor economically possible to put a rating tracker in all households, some people will not participate anyway. 

So in all surveys (besides the national census), a smaller but equivalent proportion of household representative of the population makeup is track. For e.g. if they know that 10% are single households,30% are households with 1 child, 40% are households with 2 children etc, they will select appropriate ratio to makeup the 2000 households.

Take example food quality control, the relevant authorities do not check each and every single can food. They probably will check one can per carton as a sample. 

In anycase, I just manage a pass in stats during my college years, so I cant give you more details.

-----------------

international ratings matters to the production house but not the broadcast station. The broadcasting stations sells adverts airtime by local ratings because local advertisers needs to target local consumers. It all comes down to dollars and cents. :)

• Like 15

PREVIEW: MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO EPISODE 17 [SPOILER ALERT]

bk17

It remains uncertain whether Youku will broadcast Episode 17 this week to allow SBS to play “catch-up” but I have a feeling the Chinese website just may do so. I’m not privy to Youku’s contract with SBS but unless SBS explicitly stated in it that the Chinese company had to preempt episodes accordingly to the Korean broadcast schedule in the event of unexpected circumstances, I don’t see why Youku wouldn’t release Episode 17 later.

The Chinese probably didn’t think they did anything wrong by broadcasting Episode 16 yesterday since a baseball game happening in Korea would have zero connection to the billions of viewers in their own country. They have already bought the broadcast rights, which cost them a whopping fortune. Also, SBS probably has some management rights at OneAsia TV since the channel only streams SBS programmes, which explains why it adhered to the preempt yesterday. I wished SBS had handled the whole rescheduling incident a little better, knowing they are operating simultaneous broadcast in different countries. I wonder whether SBS even informed Youku they were preempting Episode 16. If Youku doesn’t show Episode 17 tonight, the decision would be significantly attributed to goodwill unless it defaulted on rigidly expressed contract obligations last night by streaming Episode 16. We’ll see!

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/preview-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo-episode-17-spoiler-alert/

• Like 16