[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Ahhh. My dear @MadraRua That song choice was perfect, and I love the fact that you chose a cover where a man was singing since this is all about So waiting for Soo.  

For as much as the production, SBS, Kim Kyu-tae and Jo Yoon-young and the cast have indicated the drama is about Go Ha Jin, her time travel to Goryeo and her coming-of-age story as Haesoo, the subsequent editing of the drama and Lee Joon Gi's exceptional portrayal as Wangso has truly turned this drama into HIS story.

Each line of the song is so spot on, I really don't have anything else to add except LOVED IT. :heart:

Spoiler

A Thousand Years

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave

I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

For a thousand years

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years

One step closer
One step closer

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years

• Like 16

i strongly agree with fellow members about WS to be the one that let HS go when the time comes. It will be a tragic but the most acceptable closure both can ever have. I really hate if they follow cversion..it will be too heartbroken if they parted in such a bad term and misunderstanding...hope the drama has mercy on us the otp shippers...we already accept their fateful ultimate separation so help our heart to say farewell in beautiful way. But...no matter how i try to make myself strong...just thinking about the scene we are going to watch just...just...make my heart bleeds again n again...

As for 2nd season or sequel..i dont think it is a good idea...better wrap it all in this one once and for all. I read review of those who watched the modern cversion that it is such a flop because the casting is different etc. SHR in my opinion is too epic  a love story for me i cannot imagine the sequel will do better.

Just give us a scene that both HS n WS meet again in the future...smiling at each other in recognition of their 1000 y.o love and i will be more than contented for that. 

• Like 17

I read somewhere that says Rx is not the type who will profess her feelings thus d letter. Wonder if Hs will b like that. then dun tell me WS will only realized Hs love for him aft she died via d letter... that will b heartbreaking...

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

Ahhh. My dear @MadraRua That song choice was perfect, and I love the fact that you chose a cover where a man was singing since this is all about So waiting for Soo.  

For as much as the production, SBS, Kim Kyu-tae and Jo Yoon-young and the cast have indicated the drama is about Go Ha Jin, her time travel to Goryeo and her coming-of-age story as Haesoo, the subsequent editing of the drama and Lee Joon Gi's exceptional portrayal as Wangso has truly turned this drama into HIS story.

Each line of the song is so spot on, I really don't have anything else to add except LOVED IT. :heart:

Reveal hidden contents

A Thousand Years

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?

One step closer

For a thousand years

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave

Every breath

One step closer

For a thousand years

One step closer
One step closer

For a thousand years

I posted this lyrics way back..yup..the lyrics is so spot on...since i am too lazy plus not so into video editing due to RL committments (a housewife n mother of 5!!!) i was actually waiting for any good soul out there to make one...

There are like hundreds of moon lovers SHR FMV up on the youtube and one of my fav is this one

WS - October - winter

HS - April - Spring/summer

OMG..i cry again watching this vid...like it was eon years ago we see smiling HS...i miss herrr!!!!

• Like 17

49 minutes ago, briseis said:

I'm afraid that Eun and SD will get an ending that our SoSoo OTP can only dream of. That why I would rather watch HS dying in WS's arms, content and loved, than for them to go through that ugly break-up as it is depicted in the novel - a break-up which in my opinion just doesn't make sense considering all the changes they made because the OTP have a completely different character traits, motivations and their overall situation is different as well. No matter how much the writer is trying to set it all up in a similar fashion.

This so much! I'm holding my breath at how they're going to ending this drama. but I'm hoping they don't go full novel/cdramas, because, as far as I know, Wang So is NOTHING like the original  4th prince. It just doesn't make any sense for him to improve so much throughout the drama just to be regressed to his old self again in the last episodes. I just hope that, if they decided to go with the separation, they pull this off in a way that fits this relationship better

• Like 15

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I'm afraid that Eun and SD will get an ending that our SoSoo OTP can only dream of. That why I would rather watch HS dying in WS's arms, content and loved, than for them to go through that ugly break-up as it is depicted in the novel - a break-up which in my opinion just doesn't make sense considering all the changes they made because the OTP have a completely different character traits, motivations and their overall situation is different as well. No matter how much the writer is trying to set it all up in a similar fashion.

I totally agree with you!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

A Thousand Years

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?

One step closer

For a thousand years

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave

Every breath

One step closer

For a thousand years

One step closer
One step closer

For a thousand years

I basically said that to @MadraRua via PM. Not the exact words though. Cyber high five!

Spoiler

ETA: It's saturday 12:41pm here on my side of the world. I would love to read more but pls excuse me for a while because i haven't left our room yet and i am starving. Hubby and kids  went out to i don't know where and the cleaning ladies are here, too, so i really have to go. Laters, moonlovers! 

• Like 13

8 hours ago, teakitsune said:

Hello everybody! This is my first post on soompi))) My  delegation from Russians Moon Lovers club sent me here to ask you : what do you think about this MLSHR Crew decision to dressed WW and WS in the same clothes??? Sorry, if a made a mistake, idk English very well (

Ahh, I didnt notice that. Perhaps the seamstress had extra fabric and thought the colour look nice on Joongi too :D I think he only wore that outfit once?

sorry, I know I am not helping :D

6 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

in my country India i doubt many people like kdramas and i  have no one around me in reality who likes Kdramas as I do, so my only solace is this lovely virtual world of Soompi with so many people across globe..

I have met a fair number of Indians in Soompi, maybe they could be living out of India now, so there must be others. :)

• Like 11

6 hours ago, teakitsune said:

so... As I came here, I want to ask all of you. How do you think, does CM just pretend that he read future by the star , and actually just remembered his school program from 21 century))) or its really his magic power?))) and I can't still understand.

I think you are refering to Jimong (JM)? Here I have to jump in when you mention astrologers. 

@MadraRua

Astrologers are astronomers in the ancient days and in those days they are very respected and are usually high officials in royal court, you can go google Kepler, Ptolemy, Copernicus and William Lilly. They are actually scientists, mathematicians all rolled into one. Astrology in its highest form is not easy to learn, because it requires synthesising all 9/10 planets, stars, all the chart points and their angles together. A top astrologer's brain has to be a mini-computer. Its not the simple sun sign horoscopes you read in magazines.

Here in MLSHR, JM is a minor character but he was employed by the King so suffice to say he must have some minimum skills as an astrologer.  He acts as a wild card and I guess its the drama's tool to tie HS's time travelling and her impact on the events. In a recent ep, he mentioned that there is a variable that was disrupting the usual course of events, and my interpretation is that the variable is HS.

Astrology is different from magic/voodoo. One recent drama relating to magic is Mirror of the Witch starring Yoon Shi Yoon.  :)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

UGH. You guys are killing me. My eyes are already filling with tears reading your posts because we already know what to expect in the next episode.

This might be the appropriate time to share something lighter...so that we can at least enjoy our weekend before sadness greets us on Monday

@meahri_1 Okay.. love the IG post! Can we sing Brandy and Monica's song and change the word 'boy' to 'girl' now? :D

• Like 3

OH @amisyka77 you're a mom of 5 kids?? I cant imagine how you're juggling between your daily activities taking care of the kids and here discussing and fangirling K-dramas? :( You must be a SUPER MOM! :D

@freckledbelle sometimes we're too excited dwelling here with all the updates and discussions that we forget we need to feed ourselves hahaha take your time! we're still on fire discussing here as we're only 2 days away from episode 16!

Aaahhhh knowing that it's only 5 episodes left, sometimes I dont want Monday to come faster! the dilemma! :bawling:

58 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

We will be having 2 episodes next week as usual, won't we? 

Yeah we're definitely getting 2 episodes next week! :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, soorani said:

So I got curious and went to look for Ruoxi's letter to 4th in the C version and now I regret it immensely because it is so sad and it also fits with the route the kdramas is taking and... :tears::tears::tears::tears:

Reveal hidden contents

4th prince, Life is like a dream, continuously changing... But the days pass soundlessly... It's hard to forget one's foolish longings. 

When someone told me very calmly that he wanted the throne, he already held the key to my heart. When he threw away the umbrella and endured and suffered the rain with me, I had opened the door to my heart for him. When he protected me by using his own body to block the arrow, I would never forget him in this life. 

Everything that happened after that only drew me in deeper.. if there is love, there is anger. If there is love, there is hate. If there is love, there is obsession. If there is love, there is longing. Since we parted, there has been nothing but hate, anger, and longing transforming into inches of memories. I don't know if you still resent me...

... in Ruo Xi's heart, there is no emperor, only the 4th Prince who has stolen my soul. We love, we miss, we don't meet...Every day, I wait for your arrival."

Also, I found something 8th says to 4th after Ruoxi's death and... I can see Wook saying the same :tears::tears:

Reveal hidden contents

"Back then I gave up on Ruo Xi because of power, abandoned the vows we made to never leave each other. Now imperial brother, for the Qing Empire, and the past grievances has also given up the chance of be together forever. You're the same as me. The things you once had are all gone in the end, With Ruoxi, you're the same as me. A failure. 

I won't survive the end of this drama. I just won't!!! 

Chingu, I have to disagree with you WW can never say this to WS because TJ told her WS was born in the star of a King. HS knows that WS will become king must Ruoxi knew 4th would become king unlike the CVersion TaeJo loved and nurtured WS to become the King he will become. In Cversion , from my POV I felt that that king did not favor the 4th Prince but he favored 14th Prince. 

• Like 7

WANG MU'S REIGN AND HIS INSANITY 

It was truly depressing that the soft hearted, kind and upright man like wang mu has to be ended in such manner. Even his entire reign has been sabotaged and he never got the fair chance to live up to his potential as a wise and able ruler. DAMN YOU WANG WOOK AND YOUR VICIOUS MACHINATIONS. History has thought us many times that you cannot be an effective and great ruler just by being wise and kind. Most of the times, you need to be ruthless, stern and ironfisted to take control of the court and stabilize your power to be an effective ruler, especially if you did not have enough backing in the first place.

I think Taejo and Jimong had taken his frailty into account by pairing him with wang so as the backbone to fulfill his shortcomings before he eventually take over the throne later on. However, their carefully crafted plan to place wang so as wang mu's right-hand man and trustful advisor to assist his reign has been ruined, instead this strategic position was robbed by wang wook. I can't help but wonder why Jimong let this happened, I choose not to believe that he was just a merely bystander of history because in earlier episode we saw how much his advice and action steer "the destiny" to its rightful place. (Oh.. I wish they narrates this transition of power even for just 50 seconds before the time jump.. now my curiosity is killing me.. )

It is abysmal that most of the Princes been groomed and prepared to be a King, in which all of them have been fed with lies and misled to a belief that it was the highest and most powerful position one man could achieve, where no one could oppose you, ridicule you, threaten you and also the only way your entire family and yourself could survive the ordeal. Which was the root of all this chaos. Almost all of the princes, with exception of pure wang eun and disinterested baek ah, believe this entire notion of becoming a king.

But for me, what could be more dangerous than having this ambitious dream was to naively believe that being a king as the ultimate end destination that could magically solve all of your life problems. That motivates man to achieve it at all cost and justify every misdeed they made along their way. WW, YH, and to some extent WY have been trapped with this idea. It was their desperation to get a sense of freedom and free will at all cost that fueled their ambitious greed. Little did they know what kind of trade with the devil they had to make to sit in that throne and how many more restrictions they have to suffer just to keep that seat. It is never a rainbow, unicorn and sunshine like they dream of, it is hellish. The throne would never liberates you, it was another form of prison.

Even without actively poisoning with mercury, the situations and circumstances surrounding the throne itself was adequate to change a sane man to be a complete lunatic. Without realistic and pragmatic approach to the throne, any king would suffer depression, paranoia and delusion. It was their fear of rebellion and felt threathen all the time with the presence of other princes that eventually lead them to choose a short cut way to achieve total absolution with fratricidal. Without any powerful clan backing his reign and struggled to fill his father role to continue his legacy, wang mu already at risk to develop paranoia on his own, but the mercury poisoning just help expedite the whole process. This might explain on why JM, WS, HS and royal physician failed to notice the mercury poisoning (gosh..the plot holes), maybe the symptoms already in him and mercury just made it worse.

But I guess to the eyes of commoners and other powerful clan his ruling was left with much dissatisfaction as he was known as only fit to be a military commander but incapable and ineffective as ruler struggling to keep his seat on the throne, which might explain on why wang yo's rebellion did not received as much backlash and resistance as he should be (that angers me to be honest).

May you rest in peace, wang mu. You have suffered enough. Hopefully in the next life your great quality and kind-hearted nature will be appreciated better.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, n00nk3y said:

Yes I'm his fan since My Girl..watched The King and the Clown too..but then I stopped following coz I don't have the time and I kind of afraid of falling too far for him..hehe..even I have to think twice before starting to follow MLSHR coz I know it would be like opening a bottle of champagne.. and I was right *sigh*. It's 2.30 am right now and I'm still lurking this thread and YouTube for his videos..I'm doomed :bawling:

I watch almost his drama and just love what he has portrayed in the drama. He manages to show and portray the each character. From Time Between Dog and Wolf, My Girl, Two weeks, Ijimae, Scholar, Arang.., he can hold any characters as long as he loves the scripts. I don't know how to describe LGK ability and charisma in every different drama. What I can say is that he can be want he wanted to be.

What I worried the most is the ending of MLSH. I noticed that most of LJK s drama(as listed above) don't have good ending. To me, even the Scholar and Arang both ending is just up to satisfy viewers. It was pretty sad to me, especially Arang. So, I worry, MLSH may not have happy ending as what we predict based on BBJX. I hope writer nim will spare both WS and HS s life and let them being together till the last HS`s breath.

• Like 15

Chingu's 

Spoiler

I have noticed a lot of fan disliked the 4th in CVersion. I wonder why they are so hard to like him. From my POV I pitied the 4th Prince because his own full blooded brother hated him all his other brothers hated him because he never tried to hate CP but stood by unlike 8th Prince had everyone on his side and they all adored him. I felt 8prince was very manipulative.

In this drama 4the Prince Wang So is also the most pitiful because even now 8th Prince is loved and treated with respect even though he betrayed 3rd Prince. What boggles my mind is that Jung still respect Wang Wook after he betrayed his brother but when WS supposedly killed WY he hated him more. He still did not like WS after seeing his WY faked his death and killed a bunch of people but he still thinks he is better than WS. I am quite confised by this character.   I would think the 4 and 14 Prince should be bonding because they are so alike because of their honesty and their loyalty. 

• Like 16