[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think so too... HS will likely go with 14th but in BBJX 14th have a marriage decree from previous king so 4th have to give RX to 14th... but in here i don't know how the writer will put 14th in position to ask WS for HS.... 

its unavoidable that HS will part away with WS but i just hoping with all my heart and my soul that WS will be there when HS pass away.. instead of WJ the one who hold her in her last time will be WS and they both can said their farewell.. HS pass away with no regret and misunderstanding and WS will understand that it always have been him in HS heart and he able to send HS for the last time... that the ending that i hope end WS and HS love story in Goryeo...

@violet90 that is my question, in what ground do Jung have to take Soo from So...

I join you hoping with my heart and soul that Soo will *sigh* die in So arm...instead of Jung...cause I refuse to think that, what waiting for So, is that box of letter, that pile of items and that bottle of ashes, like what 4th got when he arrived at 14th place...

@qwenli I suspect that too..that teary eyes..I just cant...what left behind is the trailer are mostly sad scene that I still..preparing my heart for. Anyway, please check your PM (:

@SizzlerZ yes, what worried me is the episode 16 voice over of wook, saying So is with HS, and cant trust him, something like that, and what worried me most was, Soo voice over, saying, you haven't forget me, right? 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, riuenu said:

@q4q4 I also wanna hold on to the last part of trailer...but sorry, isnt that what he had mentioned during the makeup scene before the rain ritual...tho I hope he will tell Soo again when he become King Gwangjong...

Ahhh you're right! I had to watch the scene again and then I actually went and compared it to the last part of the trailer. This drama brings out the obsessive compulsive part of me I never knew existed LOL bah it's ok. I've accepted the fact that even though it's inevitable, I will continue to go down with this ship. 

• Like 8

On 10/12/2016 at 1:09 AM, irene123 said:

Did Ji Mong say that the third prince should not have become King based on his version (aka before HS comes into the equation). That means that, as someone mentioned before in this forum, that history from how Ji Mong knew it got changed (by HS?) to the history we know today. But that doesn't quite make sense to me. It seems that Ji Mong knows that WS was going to become king, (WS has the star of a king when he was young; and learned about this the day he got his scar). However, with the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king, without HS, it seems that WS would not have wanted to become king, which means that the history that Ji Mong knew it (before HS arrives) should not have predicted WS so become king. So the assumption that HS was the necessary condition for WS to become king is wrong. But I can't imagine him wanting the throne based on his character if HS was not there. OMG my head hurts....sorry guys...it's hard to wrap my mind around this...

You are assuming that he didn't want to be king before he met HS but if you remember the general's conversation when he first arrived, he asked WS what was his real reason for staying in the palace. I think after his bitter meeting with his mother when he killed the monks he looked determined to make her see only him.  To me that looked like a gauntlet thrown down for the throne.  However, after falling for HS, nothing else mattered but her and their freedom together which can't happen if he becomes king. So, I think JM was right in his prediction that he will be king with or without HS, it was just a matter of how and what kind of king, and that was where HS comes in. The fact that WY becoming a king was a surprise side effect from HS tempering WS's ruthless side so he held back when he fought WY which resulted in WY staying alive and thus changing the history JM knew.

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, riuenu said:

@violet90 that is my question, in what ground do Jung have to take Soo from So...

I join you hoping with my heart and soul that Soo will *sigh* die in So arm...instead of Jung...cause I refuse to think that, what waiting for So, is that box of letter, that pile of items and that bottle of ashes, like what 4th got when he arrived at 14th place...

remember that 4th almost went into crazy depression and just holding RX ashes not until 8th come to talk to him about it that he willing to let RX go... and the line that 8th said is so powerful that i still remember it... they both have failed the woman they love... this line really portray that the throne cause RX death.. 8th of wanting the throne and 4th being on the throne..

but........................... they already showing that HS keep copying WS handwriting.................. :tears:

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

Ahhh you're right! I had to watch the scene again and then I actually went and compared it to the last part of the trailer. This drama brings out the obsessive compulsive part of me I never knew existed LOL bah it's ok. I've accepted the fact that even though it's inevitable, I will continue to go down with this ship. 

@q4q4 haha, I 2nd to that..we are just...so doomed...

We are happy our ship is sailing and even tot we know we will go down with this ship together....

12 minutes ago, violet90 said:

remember that 4th almost went into crazy depression and just holding RX ashes not until 8th come to talk to him about it that he willing to let RX go... and the line that 8th said is so powerful that i still remember it... they both have failed the woman they love... this line really portray that the throne cause RX death.. 8th of wanting the throne and 4th being on the throne..

but........................... they already showing that HS keep copying WS handwriting.................. :tears:

yes...that line...I give up Rouxi cause of the throne, end up, you give up Rouxi due to the throne as well, in the aspect of Rouxi, both of them are failure...he is beyond devastated when he was holding on to Rouxi ashes...and I think he only let go after 8th incident, and after, sending Rouxi's ashes off..alright, I cant continue already..

You know I screamed OH NO in gym when I saw "行到水窮處 坐看雲起時" letter, and saw her copying make me...nearly breakdown...even episode 14 is still not so sad....

and........................................the arrow is the next item..........besides the hair pin and the letter......almost....all there already...I dun think Soo will get the painted bottle from So.... 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, riuenu said:

yes...that line...I give up Rouxi cause of the throne, end up, you give up Rouxi due to the throne as well, in the aspect of Rouxi, both of them are failure...he is beyond devastated when he was holding on to Rouxi ashes...and I think he only let go after 8th incident, and after, sending Rouxi's ashes off..alright, I cant continue already..

You know I screamed OH NO in gym when I saw "行到水窮處 坐看雲起時" letter, and saw her copying make me...nearly breakdown...even episode 14 is still not so sad....

and........................................the arrow is the next item..........besides the hair pin and the letter......almost....all there already...I dun think Soo will get the painted bottle from So.... 

the writer is really brilliant... we got all the item in BBJX but with different scene.. but in the end it will be placed same as BBJX novel and drama.. even its hurt i think they will go the same route with the novel..  because that what make 4th and RX love story is so heartbreaking and heart wrenching.. the 'happy' ending that they talking maybe in the future when HS will meet WS again...

me too... i keep wishing that HS did't copy WS letter..................... its just sad to think what going to happen but i can't stop my addiction for this drama even i know what will be waiting in the end....... 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, riuenu said:

yes...the last "farewell" they have(Rouxi and 4th) is when 4th told Rouxi...he finally letting her go, cause of misunderstanding, Rouxi didnt manage to hug 4th goodbye, even typing to you now...I have tears in my eyes already, this is how bad BBJX affecting me...

Yes, So love towards Soo is deeper and more obsessive, 4th is colder as compared to So, not as in 4th doesnt love Rouxi deep, just that 4th world doesnt evolve around Rouxi yet seem like Soo is what keep So going.

You mean this right? haha, it make me cry while looking at your post as well...well, I don't think I could handle that scene well, if it is like what you had written...I think I might need to take leave or MC from work...cause my eyes will be like goldfish and I will be having mood swing for at least a week.....

credit to Mantou twitter

@violet90 @riuenu
Geez.. I dont even want to think about the ending.. I purposely ignored the ending because it'll be sad, it'll be depressing, and it will be so so so heartbreaking. 
I swear, I will watch it once and if the ending is reaaally that bad, I'd just go into denial mode and watch ONLY the happy moments (planning to watch and rewatch from ep 1 to end after MLSHR finished airing - that's how bad my situation is) :blink:

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

@violet90 @riuenu
Geez.. I dont even want to think about the ending.. I purposely ignored the ending because it'll be sad, it'll be depressing, and it will be so so so heartbreaking. 
I swear, I will watch it once and if the ending is reaaally that bad, I'd just go into denial mode and watch ONLY the happy moments (planning to watch and rewatch from ep 1 to end after MLSHR finished airing - that's how bad my situation is) :blink:

well everytime i think about the ending i will go depress and denial mode.. i mean the writer could't be that cruel to do that to our OTP after all they been through together... they both deserve to be together in the end but if they can't i wish they can part away with no misunderstanding... its better that way rather than misunderstood and regret...

i always think Kdrama is more tame in term of cruel to OTP.. so i watching this version with mindset that maybe this version is less depress than BBJX but i totally wrong.. the writer really goes all out to make OTP suffer and because i love both WS and HS too much its more heartbreaking than BBJX.. if anyone ask me what drama that make my life miserable MLSHR will be no 1.... 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

well everytime i think about the ending i will go depress and denial mode.. i mean the writer could't be that cruel to do that to our OTP after all they been through together... they both deserve to be together in the end but if they can't i wish they can part away with no misunderstanding... its better that way rather than misunderstood and regret...

i always think Kdrama is more tame in term of cruel to OTP.. so i watching this version with mindset that maybe this version is less depress than BBJX but i totally wrong.. the writer really goes all out to make OTP suffer and because i love both WS and HS too much its more heartbreaking than BBJX.. if anyone ask me what drama that make my life miserable MLSHR will be no 1.... 

I'm depressed already... :crazy:
I think I should go to happy places now.. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, riuenu said:

Hmmm...it seem like...coldly or way too polite...they are back like back to King Taejo days...

Hide contents

This is the video I am talking about...I dont think this scene had been shown, from 00:01 to 00:26, after that its all BTS 

-edited- eclipses already replied at 1211

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

@riuenu@LyraYoo So I am going to do some calculations to estimate how many people have watched Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. This is by no means an official count. Let's start!

1.7 billion views on Youku

The population of Malaysia + Singapore + Indonesia + Hong Kong + Taiwan + Vietnam + Thailand + Philippines + Korea + Japan: (31,230,000 + 5,610,000 + 255,461,700 + 7,234,800 + 23,508,362 + 91,700,000 + 67,959,000 + 100,981,437 + 76,497,881 + 127,110,047) = 787293227 in total.

If we go by the amount of subscribers on Naver which is 50,890, then

50,890 / 76,497,881 (Korea's population) x 787293227 = at least 523,745 people watching from the 10 countries combined (not counting China or US).

If we go by the percentage of audience watching in Singapore and Malaysia which is 73%, then

787293227 x .73 = at least 574,724,056 people watching from the 10 countries combined (not counting China or US).

So the total number of views for MLSHR is from 1.7 billion views to about 2,274,724,056 views.

And if we add in views from live stream, that could be higher.

If the trend continues, MLSHR's views on Youku should reach 1.8 billions by the time episode 16 airs.

And we have 5 more episodes left so that means,

5 more episodes x 200,000,000 = 1 billion views

1.8 billion views + 1 billion views + 574,724,056 (if it is constant) = 3,374,724,056 total views or more

And remember, even though Uncontrollably Fond is the most watched drama on Youku, I did not find sources stating that it was aired in Japan or Philippines.

It's the most watched K Drama in Malaysia right now. Most people watch it from ONE ASIA Channel :)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, riuenu said:

@q4q4 haha, I 2nd to that..we are just...so doomed...

We are happy our ship is sailing and even tot we know we will go down with this ship together....

"Oh no" was my reaction as well..though i find the writer didn't weave this into the story as seamlessly as BBJX. So is a warrior prince. There was barely any hint of him reading or writing unlike 4th Prince in BBJX. However, the part where Soo started tracing So's handwriting - that was unexpected. Ruoxi practiced the writing - she didn't trace it. Soo is less "literate" in Hanja compared to Ruoxi so for her to have a similar handwriting to So - she must have practiced way more and harder than Ruoxi - which makes the ending even more heartbreaking. 

The arrow part - i think that makes a lot more sense as compared to the BBJX version. Either 4th prince in BBJX is like Usain Bolt to reach Ruoxi before the arrow hit her or the arrow travelled very slowly - that scene was rather incredulous! While in this scene, So is right beside her. 4th prince was never in life and death situation for Ruoxi (apart from the arrow) - So had several close shaves with death because of Soo. The sacrifice from So is palpable. His desire to be with her is much more intense compared to 4th prince BBJX. 

The audience is in a rock and a hard place - we want to see So-Soo happy, lovey dovey, passionate (which they so well deserve) - yet the downside is when they part, a piece of our hearts will die along with them. The elements are in place and are moving in that direction. At this point, Scarlet Heart has focused more on So's passionate side  - and we are already dreading the end. When Soo comes on board with all her love and devotion - it will hit us infinitely harder. 

• Like 22

17 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

"Oh no" was my reaction as well..though i find the writer didn't weave this into the story as seamlessly as BBJX. So is a warrior prince. There was barely any hint of him reading or writing unlike 4th Prince in BBJX. However, the part where Soo started tracing So's handwriting - that was unexpected. Ruoxi practiced the writing - she didn't trace it. Soo is less "literate" in Hanja compared to Ruoxi so for her to have a similar handwriting to So - she must have practiced way more and harder than Ruoxi - which makes the ending even more heartbreaking. 

The arrow part - i think that makes a lot more sense as compared to the BBJX version. Either 4th prince in BBJX is like Usain Bolt to reach Ruoxi before the arrow hit her or the arrow travelled very slowly - that scene was rather incredulous! While in this scene, So is right beside her. 4th prince was never in life and death situation for Ruoxi (apart from the arrow) - So had several close shaves with death because of Soo. The sacrifice from So is palpable. His desire to be with her is much more intense compared to 4th prince BBJX. 

The audience is in a rock and a hard place - we want to see So-Soo happy, lovey dovey, passionate (which they so well deserve) - yet the downside is when they part, a piece of our hearts will die along with them. The elements are in place and are moving in that direction. At this point, Scarlet Heart has focused more on So's passionate side  - and we are already dreading the end. When Soo comes on board with all her love and devotion - it will hit us infinitely harder. 

Your descriptive analysis make me grin :phew: So's devotion is just making all of us crazy. Why do I feel this thread has become quiet lately? The thread has not become a hot topic again :(

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

I continue to vote here https://polldaddy.com/poll/9546146/ it allows me to vote once every 15-20 minutes. Better than nothing. LJK didn't lost against SJK. He lost against hallyuvote who changed the rules in the middle of the game.

I've voted in there and realised that it isn't make a difference. The no. of votes don't change. :( 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, violet90 said:

the writer is really brilliant... we got all the item in BBJX but with different scene.. but in the end it will be placed same as BBJX novel and drama.. even its hurt i think they will go the same route with the novel..  because that what make 4th and RX love story is so heartbreaking and heart wrenching.. the 'happy' ending that they talking maybe in the future when HS will meet WS again...

me too... i keep wishing that HS did't copy WS letter..................... its just sad to think what going to happen but i can't stop my addiction for this drama even i know what will be waiting in the end....... 

@violet90 yup, I think the writer is brilliant to put all the important scene in different squence yet as touching as well, and all the items in different scene which give another meaning...SHR scene impact is more to be frank. As for the letter...I also notice that....Soo start to write hanja as well, making the last letter, coming true...everything had been putting in place to prepare for the heart wrenching ending...

That why I was saying, copying So letter is a way Soo is missing So, before that we are BBJX trash...now, we are SHR trash, we are still as addicted as before, actually to be honest...I am 10x worst for SHR as I didnt chase BBJX live...

If the writer happy ending mean, they will meet in future...then please, let the future So rmb Soo, the museum scene is equally heart breaking....

• Like 13

9 hours ago, violet90 said:

the pregnancy thing is not the happiest moment in fact it among the worst in the novel.... RX get to know she pregnant after she witness Yu Tan punishment and she hate 4th at that point.. 4th can't even stay with RX cause she did't want to look at him.. i still remember 4th telling RX that he can go but she have to take care herself and he even send 13th to advise RX about that... RX depression led to miscarriage among other thing so that period is really make me suffer to see 4th and RX like that...

i don't know whether its going to be used or not but this one is the key factor that RX will give up on 4th.. seeing thing right now i don't think WW is enough reason for them to separate and HS is firm with her decision to stay with WS so something really big must happen for her to give up too.....

I was thinking it could go in a much better way since So is a much lighter character compared to the 4th from the Chinese drama/novel, but yeah.. if they planning to go full novel, I don't mind if they skip it lol :P

9 hours ago, Evelyn C said:

Hi @soorani! I'm optimistic it'll show up - Since there are lots of time jumps in these last few episodes, it's possible that some of Wang So and Soo's extracurricular activities might lead to something - maybe at the end when he's done fighting for the throne and has won it, Soo then says 'Surprise! We're expecting - hopefully it won't end in miscarriage this time? #Fingers crossed!

If there's one thing I can't be about this drama is optimistic, I'm always waiting for the worst :tears: but please be optimistic  for all of us! We need good vibes here =)

(but I still wanted it to show up!!!! D=)

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, riuenu said:

@violet90 yup, I think the writer is brilliant to put all the important scene in different squence yet as touching as well, and all the items in different scene which give another meeting...SHR scene impact is more to be frank. As for the letter...I also notice that....Soo start to write hanja as well, making the last letter, coming true...everything had been putting in place to prepare for the heart wrenching ending...

That why I was saying, copying So letter is a way Soo is missing So, before that we are BBJX trash...now, we are SHR trash, we are still as addicted as before, actually to be honest...I am 10x worst for SHR as I didnt chase BBJX live...

If the writer happy ending mean, they will meet in future...then please, let the future So rmb Soo, the museum scene is equally heart breaking....

i did't think that i will invest this much in this drama... frankly i don't think they can reach the height of BBJX emotion turmoil but i really wrong... the emotion between WS and HS is on another level compared to 4th and RX cause they more open and expressing their love so it make us viewer invest much more in their relationship.. 

that's why this drama is make more impact to me... BBJX is a masterpiece on its own but MLSHR also held its own.. it maybe have a flaw but OTP journey is perfect!! i really officially SHR trash now... LOL

agree!! if they want to go to love in future route they have to make sure So also remember everything.. like i said before this type of ending when only one remember their love is suck!! i hate this kind of ending.. the ending scene in museum is heart breaking because she been remembering the love between her and 4th and she saw him but not the guy that she love.... i cry a lot in BBJX last 3 eps and i think i will have to prepared a boxes of tissue for this one too.....

• Like 23