[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8am ... good morning fellow inmates

I just woke up and while waking up I stupidly dreamed about ep.16 .... don't judge me, you've all been there

so:
While HS holds WE back from running after SD she runs into WS & Daddy who prepare her (attatching some bloodthingy on her back.
She runs on and fights guards and WS runs behind her and slashes her back
While they do that daddy fixes an Arrow to WE chest, who came behind SD and now he stumbles out crying in "Pain" and agony seeing his wife there. 
WS turns around to him and "slashes" him.
All that show is for the stupid Yo-king and his puppies WW and HY, who "by chance" followed their guards to the bath-house
General Park runs out crying and cursing WS "How dare you slaughter my baby. You promised not to touch her. You monster. You Wolf"

Everyone is happy and wants to drink tea, while GP drags of the bodies of his sweeties and HS gets a "report" from JM, as WS needs to attend the tea-party

• Like 17

Hi... It's my first post here.. It's been a while since my last post in soompi forum.. I know SH:ryeo is a saguek movie, but do u think HS might time jump to the FUTURE again and meet all those princes in the future? I hope this drama will be a long series.. hihihi.. Those princes in 2016, becoming sons of chabeol :P Hahahahahahaha... 

Watching them wearing saguek clothings are surely feeding us as eye candies,but I guess watching them in modern clothings and hanging out together will be so sexy and I can even drool my self imagining them together :)) :)) 

Is is possible for Hae Soo to time jump to future again #scarletheartryeo #writer-nim??? I mean, the C-version have Scarlet Heart 2 sets on modern times :P:P 

Scarlet_Heart_2.jpg

• Like 22

in scarlet heart novel & C-Version the point was that no matter what Rouxi did she couldn't change history even with her knowledge, but in this version the clueless Hae Soo did change history, I find this an interesting major change from the original work, also having 2 characters from the future (Ji Mong & Hae Soo)

if Hae Soo wasn't there when Wang Yo killed Wang Mu then Wang So would've killed Wang Yo right then & there, but if he did, who's going to believe that it wasn't him who killed Wang Mu? his brothers will turn against him & he'll have no choice but to kill them, Baek Ah might be killed while defending Wang So though, even before Hae Soo he's not the kind of guy who kills without reason, ironically Wang Yo becoming king made Wang So determined to stop the princes from killing each others, 8th, 13th & 14th princes are not going to die, Hae Soo made Wang Yo king, the one she had the least interaction with, & she thought she made Wang So king when she touched his face lol

maybe Ji Mong changed something too, the day Ji Mong told Wang So he was fated to be king that's the day he received the scar on his face, I believe that scar made him a better king for the people though

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The colour of Wang Wook's hanbok has changed: it is grey/brown or even black so that the colour is reflecting his darkness. @solelylurkingused to describe Wang Wook as a wolf disguised as a sheep and now, I've come to think that Wang Wook should be more considered as a wolf disguised as a dog, while Wang So's nickname was the dog wolf. Wang Wook seemed to be loyal and nice, just like a dog in the earlier episodes. Here, Wang Wook is connected to the positive qualities of a dog, whereas Wang So was considered as a wolf with the bad qualities of a dog (his social low status). Now, the colour of their handbok is the same: black or dark colours (brown). But they have something more in common: Wang Wook and Wang So were born in the same year so that their astrological sign is the same. And now back to your connection: yes, the title would fit in here too because as time passes on, Wang Wook turns into a wolf, whereas Wang So has become the dog (in a positive way). It is difficult to distinguish them as friend or foe. Since the dog comes from the wolf, they still have some wildness in them so that a dog can become dangerous as well. Notice that Wang So will call himself a dog who will kill people in order to become free again. 

Striking is that Wang Wook and Wang So have a similar view about love and polygamy. Wang Wook has never had more than one wife, unlike his brothers Yo and Won. And it was unusual. Sure, it was an arranged marriage which unlines the difference between So and Wook. Then Wook might have flirted with Hae Soo, but he didn't want to marry her, while lady Hae was still living. If you think about it, Wang Wook has a similar point of view about monogamy, but he was just not firm enough to act on it. When he fell in love with Hae Soo, he realised that he couldn't marry anyone else... if he had to marry, then it would be only Hae Soo. But his ambition and greed were the brakes that stopped him from doing so. 

On the other hand, Wang So has and had the determination and the courage to show how much Hae Soo means to him, despise what the social norms were back then. No wonder that Yo makes fun of Wang So because of that: he insults Wang So and he compares him to an animal, just like @40somethingahjumma pointed it out correctly. Wang Wook has never showed this side of him to Yo and Won. They might know that there is something between Wook and Hae Soo, but not get aware of the deepness of his love for her.  

In my opinion, Hae Soo had an impact on both of them: Hae Soo could see the good qualities of Wang So (dog) and she could tame him, while the opposite happened with Wang Wook. She turned him into a wolf and like it is said, a wolf has only one mate. Everything evolves around Hae Soo.

As conclusion, Wang Wook and Wang So can be associated to the wolf and dog, both animals have positive and negatives sides:

- dangerosity

- freedom

- wildness: a dog can become wild and difficult to control too

- loyalty

- one love

- sense of family and honour: defend his people

- wolf is less bloodthirsty than it was described in the past

- Hierarchy system: alpha-beta / master - dog

Did this answer your question?

Then I would like to add something else: Actually the situation that is about to happen is really similar to this situation from the episode 7: Yes, the birthday party! Yo used Eun and Hae Soo to hurt Wang So and it happened in front of everyone. This is exactly the same trap!!

The similarity is that Yo uses Hae Soo again, but this time the roles are reversed: Eun is the victim and Wang So the so called executor, while in the episode 7, Eun was the executor and So the victim. In the episode 7, Yo had set the trap and in the episode 16, Yo has again set the same trap. And Jung will be a witness too, just like the other brothers I guess. Hae Soo is again the leverage, however there is a small change: Hae Soo is well aware that she is Yo's tool to force Wang So to kill Eun, while she had no idea in the episode 7. What looked like a bad joke in the episode 7 was an announcement for the future incident which ends deadly. Back then, it ended with an apology from Eun, but this time Eun dies. 

Thank you for your explanation. I quoted you again though. Not sure if you read that one yet. :) Eunnie, please RIP.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, lyaarisa said:

Hi... It's my first post here.. It's been a while since my last post in soompi forum.. I know SH:ryeo is a saguek movie, but do u think HS might time jump to the FUTURE again and meet all those princes in the future? I hope this drama will be a long series.. hihihi.. Those princes in 2016, becoming sons of chabeol :P Hahahahahahaha... 

Watching them wearing saguek clothings are surely feeding us as eye candies,but I guess watching them in modern clothings and hanging out together will be so sexy and I can even drool my self imagining them together :)) :)) 

Is is possible for Hae Soo to time jump to future again #scarletheartryeo #writer-nim??? I mean, the C-version have Scarlet Heart 2 sets on modern times :P:P 

Hi! Welcome! :) It's a drama of only 20 episodes. But I think we will have the ending in the future (last episode). 

• Like 18

@Hanazumi Just after posting my comment, I could read your second post. I had written myself a long analysis about water:

the different symbols of water and their signification

Water in form of rain or bath can help to see the truth: Mu died drowning and with his death, Hae Soo realises the dangerosity of her situation as well. She is confronted with reality: Yo is a coldhearted and cruel person, she didn't pay attention to him before. Now, the incident has opened up her eyes. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@sooji28 Ruoxia indeed told 4th that he was from not his era (she did not exactly say future but just said different era/ time/ universe from my understanding of Chinese words she used) after removing from her miscarriage and they were taking a stroll in imperial garden. At that time, he was already Emperor Yong Zhen. She did not tell him that she foresaw all the things happened since the beginning. She just said that he was afraid that she would end up leaving him unwillingly and unexpectedly since she was from different time (like she unexpected came to his time). 4th replied at that time saying that he would find her even if she returned to her time (so basically he somewhat believed her words though he did NOT truly understand the details).  After RX died, 13th told 4th that RX also told him once that she was from different era when she was drunk while they were drinking during the night of 10th wedding (the drinking outing RX did with 13th which led to emperor and others thinking that RX was heart-broken over 10th). I believed it was the reason Yong Zhen emperor ordered to bury his thumb ring and RX magnolia hairpin together in a box @ northwest area of country where RX was born and raised, expecting that future RX/ RX in different era/universe would able to see them somehow.

Oh, wow. Thank you for your explanation. 

Now i'm really curious. Will Hae Soo tell Wang So the truth about the future?  (Please Hae Soo-ya DO TELL HIM.)  And if Wang So saying words like: he would find her even if she returned to her time,  it will be a rejoice when the real Wang So throwback to the future finding Hae Soo.

It's possible isn't it? Because i remember someone in this thread post about sun eclipse exactly the day Wang So died. And Wang So will transported back to the future and find Hae Soo. 

Oh it would be a happy ending. 

But then again, just a wishful thinking. 

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Hanazumi Just after posting my comment, I could read your second post. I had written myself a long analysis about water:

the different symbols of water and their signification

Water in form of rain or bath can help to see the truth: Mu died drowning and with his death, Hae Soo realises the dangerosity of her situation as well. She is confronted with reality: Yo is a coldhearted and cruel person, she didn't pay attention to him before. Now, the incident has opened up her eyes. 

Yes, :D. By the way, the post you linked me is on page 779 now :o. Had to navigate through several pages. I began posting on the forum around page 800 or something so I didn't read your previous posts before that (I'm backreading but it's slow).

Who would have thought LJG's old drama title is connected with MSHR? He's a fortuneteller or a seer.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

in scarlet heart novel & C-Version the point was that no matter what Rouxi did she couldn't change history even with her knowledge, but in this version the clueless Hae Soo did change history, I find this an interesting major change from the original work, also having 2 characters from the future (Ji Mong & Hae Soo)

if Hae Soo wasn't there when Wang Yo killed Wang Mu then Wang So would've killed Wang Yo right then & there, but if he did, who's going to believe that it wasn't him who killed Wang Mu? his brothers will turn against him & he'll have no choice but to kill them, Baek Ah might be killed while defending Wang So though, even before Hae Soo he's not the kind of guy who kills without reason, ironically Wang Yo becoming king made Wang So determined to stop the princes from killing each others, 8th, 13th & 14th princes are not going to die, Hae Soo made Wang Yo king, the one she had the least interaction with, & she thought she made Wang So king when she touched his face lol

maybe Ji Mong changed something too, the day Ji Mong told Wang So he was fated to be king that's the day he received the scar on his face, I believe that scar made him a better king for the people though

woah! well analysis! thanks for the insight...

maybe that why, Jimon say, as a fortune teller fate...they cannot tell the rest, what will happen in future

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Evelyn C said:

So much detail and hard work goes into those dramas - I try to watch as many as I can - It can be difficult when some of those I find really interesting are only subbed halfway unlike ML! I can see some pretty intense days of withdrawal - if we're already like this while the drama is on, how will we be when it's over??  I love history generally, but there's just something bout Korean history that's so beautifully displayed in the dramas and film that makes it very appealing - and I love, love, love how how in the really good sageuks (including our drama) it just doesn't feel like they are wearing costumes - You can totally relate to them and understand them and try to get what they are doing in the context of the time they are living in  and the culture and they just draw out out all the feelings from you - hence why most of us here are chronically infected with the new ML virus, heh... Me too with the OSTs! The OSTs from Moon Embracing the Sun are my road trip buddies! :) I really don't know how I can manage after this drama - it will be a difficult adjustment to make, that's for sure! So far, I've watched LJG oppa's dramas - Arang & the Magistrate (that was good, I had my heart in my mouth most of the drama), Two Weeks (chemistry galore with the actress who played his daughter, very heartwarming, that one!), Joseon Gunman (must admit, didn't like the heroine because I wasn't too impressed with her in Goddess of Marriage, but excellent chemistry with second female lead Jeon Hye Bin - rumoured gf?), but I'll watch the two films you've recommended this weekend - Never Say Goodbye is a Korean movie?? Yes, we definitely need more of him!!! 

Agree with you in all aspects. Never Say Goodbye, I won't spoil it for you. It's not fully Korean actually, it is mixed with Chinese I think. It is really great and touching movie. I'm sure you'll love both of the films. I can't wait to hear what you think about them after watching :D

• Like 9

1 minute ago, moonlover399993 said:

Agree with you in all aspects. Never Say Goodbye, I won't spoil it for you. It's not fully Korean actually, it is mixed with Chinese I think. It is really great and touching movie. I'm sure you'll love both of the films. I can't wait to hear what you think about them after watching :D

Chingu can you plz m ke the link of site where I can find never say goodbye with English subs.. I am searching for it all over internet with no success yet...

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

4 minutes ago, riuenu said:

maybe that why, Jimon say, as a fortune teller fate...they cannot tell the rest, what will happen in future

Yo should thank Hae Soo for making him the king. LOL But instead, he's mistreating her to use So.

• Like 14

And what happen with 9th prince this miserable mouse ..... he so evil to he like to be bad he has some complex i guest and cha ryong why why did you betray HS agashi aaaaaaaa so much drama how i am going to live until monday ... when i can't stop thinkink why everyone do bad things aaaaa give us more pic bts sand spolers pls give to us every day a little because i became addicted 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Chingu can you plz m ke the link of site where I can find never say goodbye with English subs.. I am searching for it all over internet with no success yet...

Thanks in advance.

As far as i know, that movie is not release yet.

*edit : i just found out the link by the moonlover :P

Edited by special_bee
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Yo should thank Hae Soo for making him the king. LOL But instead, he's mistreating her to use So.

But I doubt that Lion King will think this week, he even resulting in physically abuse her, by grabbing her wrist so hard and wanna kill her with the arrow!

Am wondering...who drift from who first in next episode...So from Soo or Soo from So...

In the front part of this spoiler tag BTS, the unseen scene should be appearing in next episode...Soo and So treating each other coldly...and notice that So is calling Soo HaeSoo instead of Soo, correct me if I am wrong..he seldom call her, HaeSoo right, I mean right in front of her...except the scene after rain ritual...but from his expression, he doesnt seem to be the one drifting from Soo...

hmmm side track abit, is that the outfit So is wearing at the kissu scene? minus the outer layer of the black vest?

Spoiler

credit to JGfamily82 youtube

but from preview voiceover..it seem like So had promise Yo that he would just live as the King's dog..without Soo, and Soo voiceover also saying..you havent forgotten me yet, right?

I not too sure have this been discuss already..I may miss out post..cause..this wonderful thread is really moving too fast

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, riuenu said:

yeah in the latest ep he did say that to Wang So, maybe he had a bad experience when he once did say what's gonna happen in the future 

• Like 4