[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

18 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I am smiling ear to ear while reading confessions from the MoOnLovers Housewives Club. , I can only imagine if am also married maybe my husband will have my laptop and phone confiscated :sweatingbullets:

Speaking of Wang so. I love how his hanboks coincides with His transformation too

https://mobile.twitter.com/JangHyukbr/status/786386882854785024

Wang So and Wang Wook have hanboks that mirror their characters' change. This reminds me of LJG's previous work Time Between Dog and Wolf. From wikipedia, "The unique title is taken from a French saying "L'heure entre chien et loup" and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe." Not so much about time here but the part that says between dog and wolf, I find it relating to how Wang So and Wang Wook both change. But I guess time does play a role since we see how Hae Soo changes So for the better and Wook the other way around.

I think maybe @40somethingahjumma (who also wrote an essay on wolf) or @bebebisous33 or any of you can give a more detailed explanation on this. 

• Like 17

31 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

Hi @moonlover399993! You are so right, I appreciate the Kdramas and I'll say I'm partial to sageuks because rather than it just being 'getting down to the business', there's so much more that comes with watching - You understand the people, the culture, the language and sometimes you don't even need subtitles to understand what they are saying - you just understand. Ask me if I can speak a word of my mother tongue (there are over 250 languages in my country) and frankly, the answer would be kinda. Ask me about Korean, and that's a completely different issue! Look at this drama for instance, and how everyone here is more knowledgeable about another country's culture because of it - I think that's the true essence of Hallyu, and if not for anything else, this drama has been very successful! :D  I'm so embarrassed watching some of the American Tv shows here because it's like 'whoa, clothes are off again' and for me I'm thinking do people really live like this? - But with the Kdramas and especially our dear SHR, I'm embarrassed because I feel I'm intruding on a private conversation between friends, between siblings, between lovers :) 

I didn't see King and the Clown - that's the one about Yeonsangun? (Another crazy king like our Yo, I'm sure - Saw a drama about him - Queen Insoo) but I heard Fate - made me cry! :( I'll watch the movie this weekend - I heard LJK was amazing (why am I not surprised?) :)

Exactly! Sageuks have their own world and style. I love the costumes and everything that goes with it. God, how will we survive after Moon Lovers. Just thinking about it, my heart is breaking. But on the other hand, I really need to get back to reality world. But LJG is always bringing me back to the kworld. I totally agree with you on the matter of learning about another country's culture. Right now if you ask me something about that era or the kings, I'll probably whip you more facts about those topics than I know about other histories. LOL, probably not, but still do.:lol: For the American shows, yes totally. Some heavy stuff, I cringe when I watch them. They don't bring the same emotions as some intimate scenes from Kdramas. I fell in love with the OST even though I UNDERSTAND NOTHING! Like you said it seems we are interrupting a VERY PRIVATE and INTIMATE moment. You just want to get out and leave them, but you can't, haha, I'm already blushing while thinking about WS and HS. What have they done to me!:wub::P Have you seen Never Say Goodbye, another amazing work done by our oppa LJG! I wish he can do more movies and dramas this year and early next year. We need to see him ONSCREEN MORE!

• Like 18

10 hours ago, shiraru said:

ECLIPSES, REJOOOOOIIIIICEEEE~~~~ Moon Lovers will be aired normally next week!!

10 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

OMG. And here I was preparing to recap the next baseball game again for everyone. :lol:

THANK THE DRAMA GODS!!! Perhaps they're also following SHR.

Reveal hidden contents

@shiraru Yaaaay.. no more nervous breakdown waiting for confirmation whether of not MLSHR will play that night!! :D
@meahri_1 Altho I must say, you're acting as our sport commentator was pretty fun last Monday. Hahaha

4 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

I've been thinking ... I know I shouldn't as it hurts my head

But still ... if HS is getting nervous or scared or such, she grabs the front of her tunic, like her heart is "failing"/skipping a beat

What if :

She is pregnant and dies while giving birth?
... so she still dies, but 1. the baby survives and 2. there is a piece of her left behind for WS

Her health took a beating working as water maid and we know she has to die.
Also woman with heart diseases are still treated with extra care as risky pregnancy,
but in those times there were no real good medications for heart patients, let alone
pregnant heart patients ... the risk of death while giving birth was high (or shortly after).

@itzibitzispider I think she just had a panic attack. It happened before in ep 9 when she had this Gwangjong's visions. 
In the episodes after the torture, CR only mention about her knee being bad, not so much of her health. So I'm optimistic that she will not be as weak as Rouxi. 
I dont wish for her to be pregnant tho, since it's too much complication in only 5 episodes. The drama still has to cover Yo's death, SO's revolution, YH's evil scheming, So's finding out about Wook-So, their dramatic separation, Jung and Soo, lalala. Oh dear...
I dont think 5 episodes is enough and if there is more TIMEJUMPS.. I'go GAGA... 
Image result for going crazy emperors new groove

• Like 19

erm, just to give me 2 cents worth about Eun and Soon deok's death, I just want to caution against hoping base on a the ig pix. The yellow hanbok z.hera wore and posted on 15 Sep, was quite certainly for their chuseok celebrations in Korea. 

In historical dramas, the actors/actresses do their hair before dressing, so the fact that she dressed without doing her hair just states that it was not for filming.

The other pix for her with Yeonhwa is more interesting, but even then given the amount of stuff that the director has trim away, I wont be surprised its an earlier scene that was not shown. The actress portraying ChaeRyung had already mentioned that many of scenes were cut, so I wont be surprised that other actor's time were not cut. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

:lol:

On a serious note, San Ho oppa killed this scene.  His eyes had me like "dude is a psychopath right now"!  I hope his career takes off after this, doesn't seem like he's had many big roles but his acting is great and at 193cm, toss the beard/stache and he's quite the heart throb.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

@shiraru Yaaaay.. no more nervous breakdown waiting for confirmation whether of not MLSHR will play that night!! :D
@meahri_1 Altho I must say, you're acting as our sport commentator was pretty fun last Monday. Hahaha

@itzibitzispider I think she just had a panic attack. It happened before in ep 9 when she had this Gwangjong's visions. 
In the episodes after the torture, CR only mention about her knee being bad, not so much of her health. So I'm optimistic that she will not be as weak as Rouxi. 
I dont wish for her to be pregnant tho, since it's too much complication in only 5 episodes. The drama still has to cover Yo's death, SO's revolution, YH's evil scheming, So's finding out about Wook-So, their dramatic separation, Jung and Soo, lalala. Oh dear...
I dont think 5 episodes is enough and if there is more TIMEJUMPS.. I'go GAGA... 

Agreed. HS having panic attack. She been showed having panic attacks since ep1 on and off

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, qwenli said:

erm, just to give me 2 cents worth about Eun and Soon deok's death, I just want to caution against hoping base on a the ig pix. The yellow hanbok z.hera wore and posted on 15 Sep, was quite certainly for their chuseok celebrations in Korea. 

In historical dramas, the actors/actresses do their hair before dressing, so the fact that she dressed without doing her hair just states that it was not for filming.

The other pix for her with Yeonhwa is more interesting, but even then given the amount of stuff that the director has trim away, I wont be surprised its an earlier scene that was not shown. The actress portraying ChaeRyung has already mentioned that many of scenes were cut, so I wont be surprised that other actor's time are not cut.

Spoiler
Spoiler

It could also be related to the ending if it follows the Chinese version when Chinese HS wakes up and googles history and it flashes back to the 10th prince and his very pregnant wife.

Spoiler

Who else is getting drunk after the WS/YH wedding?!  I know I am!

• Like 3

Was it only yesterday that ep 15 aired? It seems like forever ago. I told myself to stop watching and wait till the end of the month to marathon it but I just can't. I'm in too deep. :confounded: I'm already counting down to next monday. While I wait I've been watching the preview for ep 16 over and over again. It seems like Yo is going crazy. Is it the power trip or is Hae Soo slipping something in his tea? Dare I hope that she is actively trying to eliminate Yo and maybe get a little revenge for her man.:naughty: Anyways, she's been accused of poisoning Moo twice and she didn't do it either times. So, I think she should do it this time because right now is the right time to kill someone. Once Yo dies, So will take over and Hae Soo can get away scotch free. In the words of Yo, "A successful treason is not treason at all.":smirk: Then she can truly become a woman of Goryo because killing is the norm here and I think almost all the characters have done it.

Except Eun he's going to die pure.:expressionless:

P.S. In the international preview HS and WS are talking to JM and he says it's time or something like that. Do you think they will tell WS that HS is from the future?

• Like 14

4 hours ago, qwenli said:

@KdramaSwimmer this patpat's writings blow my mind away. Do invite her to soompi. 

Soompi is good for writing essays! :)

Chingu.. I guess you wanted to ask @kdramawriter who originally brought Patpat's views from DB to soompi.

And yes plzzzz do watch Interstellar as soon as you can..I love time travel and universe traveling movies and watched many of them but this one is THE BEST akong rest.  It just blows ur mind away with all the facts, details, science,  technicalities and Emotions at the same time... 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Why am I getting the Harry Potter vs. Voldermort vibe here?

I think we haven't seen that hanbok yet and we all should be investigating this hanbok, too. Eun does die if it goes according to history. But Soon Deok (in history was King Taejo's wife). Maybe she's the one living on but we don't know. There's no information about Eun having kids, too. Unless the writer decides to make Soon Deok lives on and gets pregnant after one try.

Actually the whole thing of us dissecting MLSHR reminds me of the days as HP fans dissecting the books. But it's so much fun because JK Rowling has dropped hints even from Book 1. Not sure about MLSHR's writers here. Do they really drop us hints for us fans to pick up or is it just WE who are too enthusiastic and have too much love about the drama that we start to fill in the blanks ourselves, seeking hints and creating answers at the same time. :huh:

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

Exactly! Sageuks have their own world and style. I love the costumes and everything that goes with it. God, how will we survive after Moon Lovers. Just thinking about it, my heart is breaking. But on the other hand, I really need to get back to reality world. But LJG is always bringing me back to the kworld. I totally agree with you on the matter of learning about another country's culture. Right now if you ask me something about that era or the kings, I'll probably whip you more facts about those topics than I know about other histories. LOL, probably not, but still do.:lol: For the American shows, yes totally. Some heavy stuff, I cringe when I watch them. They don't bring the same emotions as some intimate scenes from Kdramas. I fell in love with the OST even though I UNDERSTAND NOTHING! Like you said it seems we are interrupting a VERY PRIVATE and INTIMATE moment. You just want to get out and leave them, but you can't, haha, I'm already blushing while thinking about WS and HS. What have they done to me!:wub::P Have you seen Never Say Goodbye, another amazing work done by our oppa LJG! I wish he can do more movies and dramas this year and early next year. We need to see him ONSCREEN MORE!

So much detail and hard work goes into those dramas - I try to watch as many as I can - It can be difficult when some of those I find really interesting are only subbed halfway unlike ML! I can see some pretty intense days of withdrawal - if we're already like this while the drama is on, how will we be when it's over??  I love history generally, but there's just something bout Korean history that's so beautifully displayed in the dramas and film that makes it very appealing - and I love, love, love how how in the really good sageuks (including our drama) it just doesn't feel like they are wearing costumes - You can totally relate to them and understand them and try to get what they are doing in the context of the time they are living in  and the culture and they just draw out out all the feelings from you - hence why most of us here are chronically infected with the new ML virus, heh... Me too with the OSTs! The OSTs from Moon Embracing the Sun are my road trip buddies! :) I really don't know how I can manage after this drama - it will be a difficult adjustment to make, that's for sure! So far, I've watched LJG oppa's dramas - Arang & the Magistrate (that was good, I had my heart in my mouth most of the drama), Two Weeks (chemistry galore with the actress who played his daughter, very heartwarming, that one!), Joseon Gunman (must admit, didn't like the heroine because I wasn't too impressed with her in Goddess of Marriage, but excellent chemistry with second female lead Jeon Hye Bin - rumoured gf?), but I'll watch the two films you've recommended this weekend - Never Say Goodbye is a Korean movie?? Yes, we definitely need more of him!!! 

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, berny said:

---------------------

And what's amazing here is IU is a picture of perfect tranquility, she's so calm in all of this...I cannot...I would have melted already if I had been her hahha

altho she was back facing the camera, I observe that her face was smiling... her cheeks muscles did move up..:)

• Like 18