[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

Sorry to jump in! But reading your comment about your lab partners, reminded me of my friends.

I'm Caucasian, so when my friends see that I'm watching Moon Lovers they are shocked cuz I'm not Korean, plus I live in California and that is another reason people get surprised. I understand few words in Korean, since I keep listening to repeated words and phrases. Nowhere near the level of watching raw and being able to understand, lol. Like yesterday in class I was catching up on Healer, trying to feel my empty space, and my friend asked what I was watching. I told him I was watching kdrama and he looked surprised. Said he expected only Asians to watch these shows. I told him you should see what kind of fandoms are out there, haha . I have another friend who knows that I watch these and he always asks if I still do. HELL YA!. But honestly there aren't many people that I can talk to in person, what I watch and just talk it out about characters and the plots. 

I'm thankful that I can talk it out with people online, like this. We are all global fans and we appreciate and love these actors. I more of diverse person, I hope that makes sense. It's funny, I'm more into Kdrama than American shows. Is that weird? Am I weird to think that? Honestly, I like Kdramas because of their culture, I love their history, and plus unlike some American shows, they don't jump in sex so fast. I love Moon Lovers because of the rich background, history and how the characters grow and change. They can make a scene so intimate with their eyes and words, that you blush ( I'm talking about you, LJG, lol). They don't jump into sex or suck each other's faces in order to make their scene intimate. I don't know that's how I feel some American shows show intimate scenes. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against American shows ( I still watch them), just that they are SO different in everything. I have so many favorite Kdramas plus OST on my phone, its crazy! LJG made me watch his movie of King and the Clown, and one word AMAZING. Can't believe I didn't watch it sooner. Have you heard of "Fate" from that movie, you should it's such a beautiful song!

Hi @moonlover399993! You are so right, I appreciate the Kdramas and I'll say I'm partial to sageuks because rather than it just being 'getting down to the business', there's so much more that comes with watching - You understand the people, the culture, the language and sometimes you don't even need subtitles to understand what they are saying - you just understand. Ask me if I can speak a word of my mother tongue (there are over 250 languages in my country) and frankly, the answer would be kinda. Ask me about Korean, and that's a completely different issue! Look at this drama for instance, and how everyone here is more knowledgeable about another country's culture because of it - I think that's the true essence of Hallyu, and if not for anything else, this drama has been very successful! :D  I'm so embarrassed watching some of the American Tv shows here because it's like 'whoa, clothes are off again' and for me I'm thinking do people really live like this? - But with the Kdramas and especially our dear SHR, I'm embarrassed because I feel I'm intruding on a private conversation between friends, between siblings, between lovers :) 

I didn't see King and the Clown - that's the one about Yeonsangun? (Another crazy king like our Yo, I'm sure - Saw a drama about him - Queen Insoo) but I heard Fate - made me cry! :( I'll watch the movie this weekend - I heard LJK was amazing (why am I not surprised?) :)

• Like 18

15 hours ago, antiherofans said:

All I can say is Go Ha Jin drags us with her to Goryeo days (to meet Wang So :wub:) and we can't wait for her to comeback into the future so we can go back too. I am still stuck in Goryeo time and want to go home :joy:

Guess all of us stuck in Goryeo and counting the days we return to present day. It was like watching the event unfold in front of eyes. Shooot!!! This is madness!!

• Like 19

57 minutes ago, Suzy Ann said:

Hello, guys...I've been a silent reader in this page for 1 month already and just make an account as my exam ended yesterday...Before this drama release, I thought it'll be the boring one and I just watch Love in the moonlight...but then I realise Baekhyun is one of the actors in this drama and I make decision to give a try to watch this drama...(Lol...sorry Im more to kpop guys)...When I watch the first episode...I started to get addicted when I saw Joongi riding horse with IU(His gaze is killing me)...I never knew about Joongi until I watched this drama...He is absolutely a great actor and then I got addicted this drama because of him....My mom who preferred to watch Love in the moonlight before this, watched this drama too because of the storyline....Then all of the OST are my favourites...Ughh...sorry for taking your time to read my story...Hope you'll accept me as a newbie here...Btw...Im still confuse...does Haesoo loves Wang So or nah?! It looks like they're not making a move as a lover yet because why does Wangso still want to know Haesoo's lover in eps 14 when it's obvious that Haesoo already falls for him or it's just me who thinks like that?(Love SoSoo chemistry though)...I hope Joongi could win at least one award this year...cause he is one of the best actor I've ever seen this year and the first to makes me addicted to kdrama like crazy...

That is the same part where I fall for Wang So (LJG). I was like in awe, my brain stops function for a minute and then I said  "Who is that man in a dark horse, dark cape, dark mask? What? Lee Joon Gi? :love: " and the rest is history.

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, n00nk3y said:

My moment of realization:

My husband who never been jealous since we're dating all the way to 9 years of marriage (understandable..since most of my friends n best friends are males) is suddenly become so jealous every Monday n Tuesday.

He would become cranky seeing me trying to finished any houseworks before 9pm asap..then he'd keep walking in front of the TV every now and then when I'm watching ML or trying to get me to talk to him every time WS was on the screen.

I can't get mad of him coz I feel that his jealousy is cute and his antics are making me smile. But then since I need my dose of ML every week,we finally make a pact that I won't be bothered for 1 hour every Mon n Tue from 9pm-10pm but I will have to shower him n the kids with extra love before or after ML..signed,sealed,delivered..anything for SHR :sweat_smile: 

I'm doomed,ain't I? :sweatingbullets:

Don't worry, all of us are doomed since episode 1... i literally have to 'fight' with my 4 yrs old for the remote when SHR is on every monday and tuesday...:

I just realise today is only thursday... monday seems so far... 

• Like 19

15 hours ago, isengdoang said:

i thik i' doomed too...

i cried and laugh alone every lunch time at work lurking in this forum, ig, youtube

then monday tuesday routine at home , finished before ML aired. and once, my hubby for 14 years just sigh and said.. "should i wear a mask to get your attention???"

Yes, he should :tongue::tongue:

• Like 18

15 hours ago, antiherofans said:

That is the same part where I fall for Wang So (LJG). I was like in awe, my brain stops function for a minute and then I said  "Who is that man in a dark horse, dark cape, dark mask? What? Lee Joon Gi? :love: " and the rest is history.

We drool and swoon over Wang So with his mask,cape,horse and all. Can you imagine what would Hae Soo feel??

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Since ML has turned us into investigators, might as well try to find who sells them.

Investigators.. researchers.. analysers.. creators... just name it @chi13lou

Getting back to page 847... long way to go to 1204.. phewwww! (going back & forth actually..)

Thank you for all the post Moon Lovers! Makes my day complete!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, antiherofans said:

Love your opinion :wub:. The ruthless Gwangjong that kills the brothers is the result from abused & unloved Child.

Why am I getting the Harry Potter vs. Voldermort vibe here?

1 hour ago, Para12012 said:

I'm not proud of this but I'm not too happy about Soondeok. If that's the case her father might try to take the throne to make his grandchild king. If that happens, WS may end up killing them, even the innocent child. I'm just not prepared for all this sadness. 

Does anyone know if he killed Eun's child in history? 

2 hours ago, Evangeline Yang said:

Not only that. He got to knee in front of his sister. Because... she becomes the queen. After saying how much debts she owed him. End up, she turned on him to go after So. I think the one with possessive and obsessive love is her and not So. She is like the iceberg that sinks titanic.

And I feel so much passion. Next week indoor bedroom's kiss is the highlight. LOL

I have not seen this hanbok she wears so far unless this is the same one she wear when she was with Eun going to the meeting with the king that also the scene where So got poisoned. But the color looks different. Anyone can help to analysis this hanbok? LOL

50 minutes ago, ahappygoluckygirl0918 said:

Eun and his wife will not die right??? Please tell me they won't :(( Eun is just starting to admit his feelings for SD and I really want to see them go hubby and wifey mode! And from what I remember in the Chinese version, they were the only ones who got a happy ending in the story since almost all of the other princes died young after Ruoxi's death... Please confirm this for me. Thanks guys! :D

15 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Since ML has turned us into investigators, might as well try to find who sells them.

I think we haven't seen that hanbok yet and we all should be investigating this hanbok, too. Eun does die if it goes according to history. But Soon Deok (in history was King Taejo's wife). Maybe she's the one living on but we don't know. There's no information about Eun having kids, too. Unless the writer decides to make Soon Deok lives on and gets pregnant after one try.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

It is it is, it's my bad I got overexcited over a broadcasted scene :)

But regardless, I guess HS death won't be as shocking as C-BBJX, or maaaybe K-version is adamant to top everything! 

Here's to hoping I didn't double post
Please translate for us chingus, I'm useless at Korean

More from and Source: http://tomo_cat.blog.me/220834879776 

More from and Source: http://horong95.blog.me/220823317443

OMG these are soooo cute!!  Little chibi Moon Lovers!  I'll translate the second once since the first one had already been done.  It different character's lines.

So:  Then should I call you my person?

Soo:  Everyone here is a person too.  So I will be able to endure it.

Wook:   I was afraid I wouldn't see you again.

Yo:  My dream is Goryeo.

Eun (not sure why they have this next to him as it's So's line...):  She (Soo) belongs to me.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, junejungki said:

We drool and swoon Wang So with his mask,cape,horse and all. Can you imagine what would Hae Soo feel??

Yeah she gets to kiss him (multiple times)  ...ha ha ha...HOW TO BE YOU Hae Soo?   :grimace:

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

This is so funny! Love how you have friends from 1000 years ago.LOL

Don't worry, you are not alone. Most of us in the thread have already been written off as infected with the ML virus. Doctor's diagnosis - by end of October, patient will undergo withdrawal symptoms and return to normal state will be based on ML ending.

Was suggesting we all get together here for the SBS Drama Awards at the end of the year, if they are nominated.

I love your suggestion @chi13lou! Hope they will be nominated and we will party here and reminisce the how we sharpen our detective skills due to ML virus hahaha! 

Seriously, after ML days it will be one of the saddest day of my life. This thread is already part of my daily routine. :tears:

Monday and Tuesday, pls hurry! 

• Like 11