[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

OMG..i cannot catch up and read all the comments from the previous page..you guys are so fast like a bullet train!!!

I didnt expect that they will give us the BTS that fast..LOL..i guess they really understand about our craving on the BTS kiss..hihihi..i'm so lovin that BTS kiss..JG is so cute when he looks so excited for the kiss that IU will give to him in that scene...hahaha...about the missing scene from the BTS, i think that scene where WS saved HS, that will be shown in the arrow scene in next ep 16..

what i hate most in ep 15 is that the scene between WS & HS were cut out from the international version...like seriously, it's already 15 episodes and dont understand why did they cut Joon Gi's scene from this drama at the first place and add it back in the SBS version? i know we can't compare to CITT but what happened in this drama seems looks similar to me..but at least it's not too late for SBS to fix it before the fans from all over the world who watched this drama will give a negative comment to SBS...

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Oh girl, you should stop making me grin like crazyyy. The last time I was like this was when I watched Ji Chang Wook in Healer and Empress Ki. OMG. 

I am staring, drooling and grinning at my PC screen like crazy as well..my coll next table to me will think I went haywire, so early in the morning...

now waiting for the grab flip gif..LOL,,,so that I can stare at the gif on the repeat mode...

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@nikiazia

I want to chime in on the awards thing since there has been some discussion. You mentioned SBS will want to give the award to KHN rather than LJG, it depends on what category you are refering to. 

----------------------------------

Regarding awards, in order to make the awards ceremony they need more stars to attend but in order to "give face" to actors who attend, they have to give out more awards. 

Hence, we need to first understand that there are several dramas airing for any one time on a single station. There are the Mon/Tue, Wed/Thu and Sat/Sun dramas. Base on past year's format, they will give out 3 lead actors and 3 secondary lead actors award. On top of these, there is a Daesung which is really the grand prize or overall winner.

sbs 2015 awards list you can compare it to  List of drama aired in 2015 by sbs

The overall winner has to be from a drama with good ratings. it always been so.  This year, I am quite sure it will be given to Kim Rae Won, because doctors break 20%, plus he is a veteran actor and plus last year his Punch drama did well with SBS as well. So there are more than enough reasons to give it to him.

That said, there are still that lead actors award to be given out, and usually they will give one to each of the mon/tue, wed/thu and weekend set of dramas.  And when I look at the list of Mon/Tue dramas being aired in 2016, fortunately Six Flying Dragons had already been honoured last year, so they will be out of the picture. The other drama Jackpot didnt do well, and if we shift Kim Rae Won to the Daesang category, then by elimination, Lee Joon Gi should get an award. Although there is still one drama coming up after Scarlet heart, I am not sure what it is and I dont consider it a threat because I dun recall it has any big names attached to it. Correct me if I am wrong here. 

The Wed/Thu set will have a tussle because Jealously Incarnate is doing well? And they have Legends of the Blue Sea's Lee Min Ho coming up.

In anycase, I think they will have a table for Scarlet heart and LJG and IU will get a couple award. So I am quite positive about the whole thing.

I really hope so. It will be weird if they don't give him any award. Even if they prioritize the high ratings drama, they should be able to recognize that this drama's overseas popularity is beyond amazing and most people keep praising Jun Ki's acting. If they do not give any high awards to him, I think they will be bashed

• Like 13

Guest maniac-moon

OMG OMG OMG OMG ... the KISS was super prefect stunning .I am goner,really goner

And WS is really gone on HS

LJK=GOD OF KISS

this has to be the best kiss of the year

I feel WS get more obsessive about HS's love and its bad.why HS did not say anything about WW. And how she was scary when she cut herself also feared me.

I bet WW(he is indeed a serpent) and YH (queen of scorpion) will destory their relationship.

Hae Soo's hairstyle and dress from the preview for ep 16 look awfully familiar. It looks like we'll finally be getting the scene that LJG posted with him shirtless and IU standing in the background! Also, if the makeup department bothered to take the time to have the scars added on LJG's back, I'm going to assume that's because he'll actually be shirtless at some point, which I'm so down for.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_11_at_10_31_37_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2016_10_11_at_10_32_03_PM.pn

• Like 22

Hello eclipses!:blush:

I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking here since ep 1. My encounter to this drama was quite accidental as I watch SHR's ads a day b4 its broadcast on OneTv asia. I was interested by its clips and I notice one recognisable face of one actor. It turns out it was LJK. I was surprise of how good and diff he looks in dat ads i barely notice him at first Lol. I know him for long time and admire his acting a lot long time from his prev works but never really become a hardcore fan. I guess that change now!

One of my biggest achievement is the fact that i read every pages of this thread like seriously. every ep of this drama makes me more and more addicted to this drama. It takes me 15 epis to finally give up being an alien lurker and sign up to this forum. I love all of your post here, eclipses! Its bring joy and life for the torture that is the waiting of every mon & tues for new ep (And the fate of baseball game on mon..:tears:

Anyway, i hope you be kind with me, eclipses! I hope we all can survive this drama together.

love u all and your analysis and your 2 cents and your gifs and you BTS , eclipses!!!!:heart:

• Like 21

1 minute ago, ithoughtyouso said:

Hello eclipses!:blush:

I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking here since ep 1. My encounter to this drama was quite accidental as I watch SHR's ads a day b4 its broadcast on OneTv asia. I was interested by its clips and I notice one recognisable face of one actor. It turns out it was LJK. I was surprise of how good and diff he looks in dat ads i barely notice him at first Lol. I know him for long time and admire his acting a lot long time from his prev works but never really become a hardcore fan. I guess that change now!

One of my biggest achievement is the fact that i read every pages of this thread like seriously. every ep of this drama makes me more and more addicted to this drama. It takes me 15 epis to finally give up being an alien lurker and sign up to this forum. I love all of your post here, eclipses! Its bring joy and life for the torture that is the waiting of every mon & tues for new ep (And the fate of baseball game on mon..:tears:

Anyway, i hope you be kind with me, eclipses! I hope we all can survive this drama together.

love u all and your analysis and your 2 cents and your gifs and you BTS , eclipses!!!!:heart:

Welcome!! Keep being an active poster:grimace: 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@faeriealice and @yongwonhi4jfc

Excuse me while I chime in. You were having such a fascinating discussion that it led me on a particular train of thought.

There were two things that were said in Ep. 15 that I'd like to relate to this discussion about Su-So's romance and how an "epic romance" might play out in relation to that:

"Wolves are known to follow one female wolf until death" -- Super Baddie Yo

"For you feelings and marriage are all just silly games. They aren't life and death like they are for me. Don't be confident that you
will not change, no one says such things in the palace." -- Yeon Hwa

With reference to the above quotes, there is evidently a clear message that this romance between Su and So is an anomaly... an anomaly of Goryeo and perhaps an anomaly of history. Their romance shouldn't exist and can't exist in the midst of an epic game of thrones battle royale and brutal palance politics. This is absolutely no rom com. Their love may be a refuge from the storms of palace gamemanship but that's all it is. (Sorry!) Such a love doesn't belong in Goryeo and as it turns out very dangerous in the wrong hands. Love like that holds people hostage and is potentially explosive within the system. There might be moments of respite for the couple but their romance is one that cannot thrive in such times without grand gestures of defiance that have serious consequences.

When Yo (sorry, can't take him seriously as King but he's still loads of fun) calls So a wolf, or a beast and juxtaposes that with monogamy, it's a bit of a shock to the system for us modern types. For him monogamy is only some thing some animals do. A rarity... an abnormality. Polygamy is the norm... it's a true human instinct to mate endlessly and to corpulate with multiple women because it is a privilege offered only to men. 

For a prince to dedicate his entire life to one woman is a completely radical concept. In Goryeo at least. It's so radical that Yo attributes it to So's animalistic tendencies. For him it defies convention and it defies reason. It isn't just an insult but an observation that what So is involved in is not the norm. For that So will pay and he (Yo) will make sure of it.

Yeon Hwa whatever her faults are has a high degree of self-awareness. She knows exactly what she is. She also acknowledges that she needs love but in order to that, she needs to survive first and foremost in this male dominated dog eat dog environment. So she plays the game. However, Su comes along and proves her wrong on a certain level. So being in love with Su shows that it is possible to be so loved by a man that he will throw away everything including his own pride and ambition for a woman. This is earth-shattering stuff for Yeon Hwa has been nothing but political marriage fodder. However, although envious on a certain level, Yeon Hwa is also correct that Su doesn't understand fully the ramifications of what it means to be loved by So and what that will do to him and to her in the long-term. Especially now that So has completely tied his identity/destiny to hers. Love is this unadulterated form is dangerous... and potentially explosive.

And explode it will... judging from the next week's preview... 

I might add that the writer is super clever picking one of the least polygamous kings in all of K history to drive home this point. It is surely no accident that history records that Wang So had one wife and a concubine.

For Su marriage is about love but for everyone else around marriage is about expediency especially in the political arena. Marrying for affection doesn't compute,,, in fact frowned upon and scorned. These people are playing for such high stakes... Love?... Pooh! That's for kiddies who don't know better.

In a real enough way their romance is epic because it is bigger than what they are capable of handling. To love so openly and freely in Goryeo is to bring upon yourself not only world of hurt but the whole world against you. It defies a certain kind of logic, political commonsense and pragmatism. It's a powder keg waiting to be lit.

I imagine that this is what Uk was trying to insulate himself from. Admittedly he did succeed, while failing at the same time. While he did shield himself from the attacks of others, not being able to express that love, however, has set him on a road to self-destruction and implosion.

I suppose in a real enough way, the writer is saying that love is a gamble. The stakes are very very high.  To tie yourself to one person so closely is to make yourself vulnerable and yet when it happens it can be the most beautiful thing.

Like a rose that grows in a middle of a cesspit.

(Herein ends the essay)

Holy crap, lemme just slow clap this because you nailed it. As always, I LOVE your insightful posts 

• Like 23

but in kinda funny note...

4th send spies to 14th house to see how RX doing and 14th know about this so he stage the scene where RX wipes his face and all to get back to 4th... when 4th got the report he so jealous about it and never want to know anything about them cause he think RX slowly accepted 14th........... its sad but funny cause i mean the king send spies just to see what they been doing... up until the end even after what RX did 4th still love her...

i wonder whether WS will know how sick HS is.. in BBJX 4th know that RX at least have 5 years to live but 4th did't know that because of their separation RX die a lot faster... with WS if he knew HS is sick enough to die i pretty sure he would not let HS go because he want to be with her..

so my take if the writer want to do the famous heart wrenching ending it will be WS did't know about HS illness and HS did't want WS to know cause she did't want him to worry when he let her go... so she will suffer alone and 14th going to be on her side.. i still remember that 14th got really mad to the doctor and don't want to accept the fact RX will die.... WJ love maybe seem a rush but its an innocent love that he will held the rest of his life.. he maybe the naive person but bottom line is WJ love HS the moment she hug him in forest...

so if anything WJ will protect HS and that something that assuring.. yes WS and HS will suffer because of the separation but from someone who watching BBJX HS will peacefully living with WJ even if is her heart suffer... its what HS want since the beginning.. want to ran away from palace and that what WJ will give to her.. 

• Like 15

Uri prince Eun posted this on instagram...I start missing him already...

5 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I'll say this again. Only in Scarlet Heart Ryeo where Joon Gi have more than TWO kissu scenes, and corresponding BEHIND THE SCENES (not CPR - kissu scenes for that matter hihi)

shy onion head

He really is concluding his sageuk journey in his 30's.

and I simply love more Kissu from him....and those behind the scenes are love <33333333333333333

We will get more kissu right?? hahahahhaahaha, I am not in my sane mind again ottoke

• Like 20

2 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Wangso/Haesoo's relationship has definitely progressed. In the image on the left, she's an active participant and is clearly not passive in their first mutual kiss. That said, there is a marked difference, however in the image on the right. The hand she fixes around Wangso's neck anchors him to her in the same manner that his hands hold her close. The placement of her hand indicates she's now an equal partner that is willing to match his passion.

So forgive me for repeating something that someone's likely already posted, but since Haesoo's hanbok in the upcoming kissing scene seems to be the same as in Joongi's Instagram picture further below, I think it's safe to assume they spend the night together. :phew:

I don't mind you reiterating the obvious regarding their body language. I, too, is guilty of such. :)

• Like 8