[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@millie10468 You are right now we think about it! The history we know now said Yo and So worked together to overthrow Mo's reign. It could be a change in history due to Soo's appearance though still don't know how come So's scar was gone if based on old history. This theory has been talked by some previous chingus earlier on. Guess Soo do make So a better King. And oh my gosh, after the replaying of mutual kiss non-stop. Now is the replaying of the next kiss scene plus possible bed scene.

• Like 16

Hi everyone. I have been silently lurking in this thread since the drama started and I have decided to sign up a new account (totally forgot my old one) and leave some of my two cents here regarding this drama after all the excitement, angst, disappointment, thrill, depression and whatever emotional turmoil this drama has thrown me into. 

I have been quite loyal to SHR despite its glaring flaws - I don't think I need to list those flaws down because everybody knows - mainly for 2 reasons 1) I find it truly engaging in the beginning because the actions and feelings emoted by some of the characters ( I REPEAT only the main leads plus Lady Oh) manage to tug my heartstrings. 2) I adore C-BBJX to the point I was able to recite RX letter after years the drama ended.

However after ep15… I am extremely disappointed. I can stand the heroine having some kinky panic attack, outlandish premonition, poor judgement, and taking forever to accept the hero but I expect unwavering heart as well as solid confidence and trust in the man she loved once she claimed she does. What is the point of having the truth pact if you are not to stick to it? Why do you take years to accept his love, missing out the opportunities of baby-making, if you still hesitate about the kind of person he is? That being said, I gave SD a standing ovation when she question HS about her distrust in WS. Seriously HS, WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU??!

Some arguments stated that

1) She has learned to be careful when placing her trust in others after the incident with Wook but I don't buy it...She completely trusted CR when it is so obvious CR is the only possible person to poison CP. If she can give CR the benefits of doubt why not to WS? I am not even going to talk about her confrontation with Wook for fear of the possibilities I might transform into a green monster and start to smash things in my house.

2) She is trying to steer the event away from happening by keeping Eun from So's reach. If that is the case maybe I can blame the editing crew for not putting any monologue over to describe what HS thinks. It is hard to see what she is thinking because that girl must have came from the stars   she is neither acting like a 21st century girl nor a Goryeo lady.

After this ep, HS has lost my interests, respects, empathy and support. I couldn't care less about her from now on. Whether the writer decides to kill her off with depression/guilt/dilemma and keep the tragic in C-BBJX or give us the happy ending that most wanted, I am not bothered anymore.

• Like 10

Finally able to watch episode 15 and can give my two cents.

Count me on the bandwagon that it's not a matter of Soo not trusting So. CR told her that Eun's household got executed and she knows that So has to look for Eun on Yo's orders. The body count is adding up and she sees the writing on the wall. She is coming up with her own plan to save Eun and SD independent of So because time is of the essence and she knows that So will follow through with Yo's orders in order to protect so she is trying anything and everything to help save Eun and SD. Is her idea flawless? Well, who didn't put away their origami toys that led to them getting caught?

Re: Is Soo interpreting her premonitions wrong and is she causing them to become true because she tries to take action to prevent them? My theory is that she is the catalyst and history happens because of her actions. The timeline is linear, there was never going to be another timeline where she could prevent the coups or deaths. Or another timeline where Ha Jin never travelled back in time and the original Soo continued on with her life of being the cousin of Lady Hae. Soo's time travelling is the catalyst for the coups, deaths, Gwanjong being a tyrant, etc.... Similar to the short story about time travel tourists who go to Jesus' crucifixion. From Wiki:

Time-travelling tourists go on a "Crucifixion Tour." The tour operator warns the tourists that they must not do anything to disrupt history: specifically, when the crowd is asked whether to spare Jesus or Barabbas, the tourists must all join the call "Give us Barabbas!" (a priest absolves them from any guilt for so doing). However, when the moment comes, the protagonist suddenly realizes that the crowd condemning Jesus to the cross is composed entirely of tourists from the future, and that no actual Jewish Jerusalemites of 33 AD are present at all.

And finally: Damn you, Wook. I regret rooting for you and Soo in episode 4.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, xinghua said:

Hi everyone. I have been silently lurking in this thread since the drama started and I have decided to sign up a new account (totally forgot my old one) and leave some of my two cents here regarding this drama after all the excitement, angst, disappointment, thrill, depression and whatever emotional turmoil this drama has thrown me into. 

I have been quite loyal to SHR despite its glaring flaws - I don't think I need to list those flaws down because everybody knows - mainly for 2 reasons 1) I find it truly engaging in the beginning because the actions and feelings emoted by some of the characters ( I REPEAT only the main leads plus Lady Oh) manage to tug my heartstrings. 2) I adore C-BBJX to the point I was able to recite RX letter after years the drama ended.

However after ep15… I am extremely disappointed. I can stand the heroine having some kinky panic attack, outlandish premonition, poor judgement, and taking forever to accept the hero but I expect unwavering heart as well as solid confidence and trust in the man she loved once she claimed she does. What is the point of having the truth pact if you are not to stick to it? Why do you take years to accept his love, missing out the opportunities of baby-making, if you still hesitate about the kind of person he is? That being said, I gave SD a standing ovation when she question HS about her distrust in WS. Seriously HS, WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU??!

Some arguments stated that

1) She has learned to be careful when placing her trust in others after the incident with Wook but I don't buy it...She completely trusted CR when it is so obvious CR is the only possible person to poison CP. If she can give CR the benefits of doubt why not to WS? I am not even going to talk about her confrontation with Wook for fear of the possibilities I might transform into a green monster and start to smash things in my house.

2) She is trying to steer the event away from happening by keeping Eun from So's reach. If that is the case maybe I can blame the editing crew for not putting any monologue over to describe what HS thinks. It is hard to see what she is thinking because that girl must have came from the stars   she is neither acting like a 21st century girl nor a Goryeo lady.

After this ep, HS has lost my interests, respects, empathy and support. I couldn't care less about her from now on. Whether the writer decides to kill her off with depression/guilt/dilemma and keep the tragic in C-BBJX or give us the happy ending that most wanted, I am not bothered anymore.

Well said sister!!! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sunshinefate said:

I also did not see yo either but it was as if So caught someone want to aim haesoo as a target. The v-app video really makes my morninggg:wub:

Yes yes me too...it is 10.12am here..and I only manage to get 4 hours sleep yesterday...

so ya..hahahhahahaha, thanks Joongi and V Live for the BTS,,,I grinning from ear to ear in the office

• Like 7

in BBJX when RX have enough with palace life (she loss her friend , her child and herself in throne battle) she really push 4th so bad that she reveal everything that she done including warning 8th , causing 13th to get house arrest and these thing don't make 4th let her go.. even up to that point 4th got really mad he still don't want to let RX go and 8th step in.. not because he want RX or anything but his last effort to help someone that he used to love... this is where 4th can't take it anymore and let RX go... in BBJX the separation is more on the fact that 4th never knew about RX and 8th relationship so bottom line jealousy....

in this drama up until now HS never did anything to actually betray WS in term of throne battle... WS actually minimize HS involvement by being King dog (apologize and i hate saying this) for HS sake so in a way the throne battle involve the prince but the catalyst in WS wanting the throne is HS.. so HS will have nothing to make WS let her go unlike RX who have a lot of thing to make 4th mad... 

so my take is WS is the one who will let HS go... because he can't keep his promise to take her out so even he have to let her go without him i think WS will do that on her behalf... she suffering and losing her child will just make it worse.. WS i think eventually accepted the fact that if he want to protect HS the only way is to let her go even if its mean it will hurt like hell.. i just hope that the separation is not blinded jealousy but the fact that WS love HS so much that he know HS will suffer with him and let her go... and if HS will die (she keep holding her chest same as RX) i hope that WS will be there.. the only one who can send HS away is WS and i hope the writer know that..

but still the essence of BBJX is the separation and the pitiful death..... i hate but i think the writer really will make my heart torn to pieces when it happen....

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

After watching the v-app version, I also think it will be when yo wants to shoot an arrow to haesoo. Ah, how romantic and fast our Wang So:heart:

Am I the only one drooling of the grab flip that Joongi is doing during the BTS...recently I got too much unhealthy obsession already..

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, riuenu said:

hey hi hi...eh..did I miss out seeing Yo in the BTS?

Sorry sorry! My bad, I thought it was about the arrow shooting in general lol! I blame the whole not being able to catch up and just finishing ep15 a few minutes ago :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

Just now, q4q4 said:

Sorry sorry! My bad, I thought it was about the arrow shooting in general lol! I blame the whole not being able to catch up and just finishing ep15 a few minutes ago :sweatingbullets:

hahahahaha, no worry..I tot I miss out Yo as well, that BTS is so sweet...just like the drug of the day that wake me up...this BTS is even better then 10 cups of coffee

• Like 7

I have just finished watching ep 15 and my feelings are all over the darn f*****g place (please excuse my lang)......

:bawling: DRAMA GODS HAVE MERCY ON ME ALREADY! :bawling:

The following will curse talk about my opinion on WW and YH:

Spoiler

This episode made me hate WW and YH soooo much more. At least I can understand WW a bit but with YH... I can't find myself to feel any sympathy for her... I wasn't even sad for her when she was sent to marry off to the Khitan. I couldn't help but agree with the king (Yo) when he laughed, saying "do you still want to be Queen?" YH truly is an ambitious woman...UGH, the palace is filled with so much greed. I hate her even more for trying to break apart HS and WS. Like girl, we waited sooooo long for our OTP to be together mutually and you really wanna get in a fight with ME? I literally wanted to jump in there and punch the life out of her. (EDIT: And when YH claimed that feelings and marriage was all a game to HS, I found it to be the other way around. Well not that true since YH is marring for political reasons really. But HS has NEVER treated feelings and especially marriage as a game. At least to her. She wants to marry someone who she loves and loves her back.) I also agree (I forgot who said this, sorry for not tagging you) that WW is fooling himself into thinking he's doing it all for Soo. I think he merely wants the throne in order to have power and in addition, HS's "heart" which no longer belongs to him. (EDIT: howevever I do feel sad for him in a way because he was pressured by his family to protect them and now he has lost HS and stuck in regret and loneliness.)

Also..

When So asked Wook what made him change (in the SBS of ep 14 I think), it really hit me when Wook started to repeat HS's words from years ago to Wook.

"Be careful of 4th Prince. You must stay away from him."

THOSE WORDS! Was it because HS had told WW this that it has made him go for the throne??? Let alone, GO AFTER SO??? (Im super slow im sorry lol) Then perhaps it really was HS who started everything to walk it's course... GAHHH this is turning out to be exactly like the C-version... ANDWAAEEEE!!! @!^#!%$#*! Will this really be a happy ending like the PD said to be?? Am I keeping my hopes up just for it to be destroyed? :bawling:

And...

At first, I hated the fact that HS didn't just tell WS that she was hiding Eun and SD. They promised to tell no lies and WS had kept his promise by telling her that he was sent to find Eun... Why did her "vision" from before come back and scare her again? Did she truly not trust WS still? I also felt that WS would've helped them escape if only she had told him. But then I realized that if I were in her shoes I'd be scared as well. HS can easily affect history... and she knows that WS will do anything to keep her safe... of course she knows he wouldn't kill his own brother out of enjoyment... she saw it with her own eyes when WS had stabbed WY unintentionally. I thought maybe she didn;t want WS to go through it again either through Eun. Or its because she doesnt want him to kill for her (bc that would make her feel even worse since OSG sacrificed herself for her and WS did drink poison partly for her sake too). But of course I have no evidence for this. It's just my opinion... I feel that you guys will explain what I mean in better terms. I am terrible in expressing with words keke

Sigh... my heart is breaking so slowly... it's torture yall... I can feel the angst already... WHHHYYYYY? uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuu :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Edited by shinaabby
  • Like 12

Just now, riuenu said:

hahahahaha, no worry..I tot I miss out Yo as well, that BTS is so sweet...just like the drug of the day that wake me up...this BTS is even better then 10 cups of coffee

It is!!! I don't understand a thing but it's all good! It's a great pick me up after an episode like 15 

• Like 6

Just now, q4q4 said:

It is!!! I don't understand a thing but it's all good! It's a great pick me up after an episode like 15 

hahahahaha I cant listen to the sound...can only watch it cause my office doesnt allow me to put ear piece...gonna repeat it during lunch

their action is just far too cute, and far too sweet...yes totally agree...after a heart wrenching episode 15..this is good..to cure my mood, it is better den a chill pill hahahaha

• Like 11

The show got so rapid recently, which I'm not complaining about at all because we're finally getting somewhere, but I just wish that the first 10 episodes wouldn't have been so boring in comparison to these. Also, why have the odd numbered episodes been a constant step back for So-Soo recently? I bet we'll get some cuteness in ep 16 (mostly likely after the arrow scene) and then some other over-dramatized issue in ep 17 to sort of undo it.

I know Eun and Deok will probably die the next episode, but until that happens I'll be in vicious denial because they literally just started acting like a married couple after 3+ years of actually being one. Maybe it'll all be a part of an elaborate setup? The fact that Eun went to follow his wife even though it pretty much meant certain death was so heartbreaking though, because the scene with the toy towels just showed how unfair it was that he was the one being attacked when he was trying to stay removed from it all.

But as a highlight, Baby So was so cute! That flashback broke my heart because I think Mu would have genuinely been such a great ruler if he hadn't been slowly poisoned by Wook and Chaeryung (who, speaking of which, I'm getting increasingly annoyed at). The time travel plot is finally being reintroduced again (but I hate those "visions" because Soo is sort of weak minded right now and the last thing she needs is weird premonitions telling her that So is going to go berserk), I think most notably when Ji Mong said that even he hadn't anticipated Yo becoming king because something had changed. I guess the show is trying to steer us to the conclusion that Soo being there changed history (and set it into the one we know today)? That maybe Yo was never meant to be king, but because she was there, the whole Wook plotline happened, which more or less allowed Yo to gain power. I can't wait until she figures out that by trying to avoid everything she's actually the one directly causing all these events she feared.

But So and Wook have basically exchanged wardrobes now, lol. Now Wook's the one in all black (how has Soo still not noticed? Has she never watched a modern k-drama? He's even got the evil-guy eyeliner) and So's wearing colour.

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Am I the only one drooling of the grab flip that Joongi is doing during the BTS...recently I got too much unhealthy obsession already..

Oh girl, you should stop making me grin like crazyyy. The last time I was like this was when I watched Ji Chang Wook in Healer and Empress Ki. OMG. 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, violet90 said:

in BBJX when RX have enough with palace life (she loss her friend , her child and herself in throne battle) she really push 4th so bad that she reveal everything that she done including warning 8th , causing 13th to get house arrest and these thing don't make 4th let her go.. even up to that point 4th got really mad he still don't want to let RX go and 8th step in.. not because he want RX or anything but his last effort to help someone that he used to love... this is where 4th can't take it anymore and let RX go... in BBJX the separation is more on the fact that 4th never knew about RX and 8th relationship so bottom line jealousy....

in this drama up until now HS never did anything to actually betray WS in term of throne battle... WS actually minimize HS involvement by being King dog (apologize and i hate saying this) for HS sake so in a way the throne battle involve the prince but the catalyst in WS wanting the throne is HS.. so HS will have nothing to make WS let her go unlike RX who have a lot of thing to make 4th mad... 

so my take is WS is the one who will let HS go... because he can't keep his promise to take her out so even he have to let her go without him i think WS will do that on her behalf... she suffering and losing her child will just make it worse.. WS i think eventually accepted the fact that if he want to protect HS the only way is to let her go even if its mean it will hurt like hell.. i just hope that the separation is not blinded jealousy but the fact that WS love HS so much that he know HS will suffer with him and let her go... and if HS will die (she keep holding her chest same as RX) i hope that WS will be there.. the only one who can send HS away is WS and i hope the writer know that..

but still the essence of BBJX is the separation and the pitiful death..... i hate but i think the writer really will make my heart torn to pieces when it happen....

I'm could be misinterpreting it. But when 8th prince was telling the 4th prince about their past relationship, he was more upset at the part where 8th said they promised to be together forever than when 4th prince mentioned the kissing. And later on, when 4th was talking to Ruoxi, the part where he started crying was when he talked about 8th prince and Rouxi vowing to grow old together and that he understands her recent actions now (when 8th was punished by 4th prince, she knelled on the floor until 4th prince took back his punishment and other actions) which makes me think 4th is upset because he thinks Ruoxi is still in love with 8th and not their past love. And he was crying and thinking of their past moments together when he saw Ruoxi's carriage leaving the palace, not angry.

• Like 6