[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, irene123 said:

I have been a silent follower of the forum, and just wanted to share my thought about the show:

I like the scenes, the very devoted WS, the whole idea of fate, and chicken and egg problem of HS going back to the past. But there are things that made me really sad and a bit disappointed (I hope I won't get stoned for this): I was really looking forward to the platonic but true-soulmate-found type of relationship between HS and the 13th prince. The K-version builds up such a devoted, kind and passionate WS but at the expense of other characters. The other princes were also very important to HS, but weren't fleshed out in character very well. 

I think I've heard that in the original novel and also in the Chinese version, the 13th prince is one of the audiences' most favorite character because he is care-free and has an open mind just like RX or HS in the k-drama. He was RX's true soulmate and one of the 2 princes that never hurt RX (the other one is 14th). He and his courtesan friends were the only ones RX spoke to freely about equality for all and what the world should be like (as it is in RX real modern time), probably because he (and he friend) really understood wanted to believe in such a world themselves. He is also one of the few who understands RX the best, and supports her unconditionally, and trusted her completely, never needing a explanation from her. The 13th prince in the K-version does not seem to have much character. His love line and support for HS and WS is cute, but you don't see the depth. I don't think the 13th in the C-version had a lot of screen time either compared to 8th, 4th, but each time he appears, you can tell he was RX's true  supporter and friend, no matter how subtle they showed it. It's sad the K-version did not build up his character well; it's one of the true friends that could be of much support for HS when the Titanic Soo-So ship hits its end. TT

1 hour ago, mewtwo said:

I think the SBS version does a better job at building the 13th prince character & his friendship with Hae Soo, I don't know how it compare to the C-ver because I didn't watch it but he's my favorite after Wang So, there's a scene were he talk to her about him being low level prince & that's why he couldn't marry her cousin & Hae Soo talked to him about the future & equality for all

I think the character development for the C-version is more equally distributed among the princes, especially the 13th, 8th and 4th. Each have their own character so it's very easy to distinguish them. My favorite was the 13th, RX (or HS in the k-version) was just like the 13th, she also got her nickname the fearless (of risking her life) 13th's sister, because 13th was wild and carefree. That wild and carefree characteristic was all given to WS in the k-version. It's like everything good (except for the gentleness from the beginning, but now he is very gentle and nice towards HS) to build a hero-character was given to WS. haha It's like you have no other choice in the k-version but to love WS (which will just lead to heartbreak). I guess I just want an escape...not to root for WS, and for a more neutral, platonic character like the 13th, so I can avoid all the roller-coaster and heartbreak that comes with the painful love between WS and HS. :bawling: If HS decides to leave the palace at the end, I can totally understand that...too much heartbreak already...

• Like 7

5 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

More speculation @韩版步步_惊心吧

After Ep. 15, C-fans think the separation is basically foreshadowed by what YH will do, she'll probably tell WS about the relationship WW and HS used to have. It won't be angst all the way until the last two episode - she guesses that after WS starts his reign, YH informs WS about the past "secret" relationship and ostracised HS. Somehow or another YH somehow has WS's weakness, when WS knows about this relationship he gets so mad that he marries YH, so she plays him in her hand and becomes Queen. HS is overcome with grief and asks for leave to find freedom. 

According to this logic, and as can be seen with WJ's affection for HS, it seems like the below scene is the same as C-BBJX where HS takes one last look at the cage like prison the palace stands for that withholds her one love and marries WJ.

So I went to check the Trailer: 

On the Eng Sub 6 Minute Trailer: 6"35 The accompanied line before this scene is :

HS: How wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period

WW/WS: "I'm going to be King"

WS: "I'm not going to let you go"

I THOUGHT WS KNOWS ABOUT HER LOVE FOR WW BEFORE? SO IS YH GOING TO STIR THE POT AND EXAGGERATE?

don't quote images, gifs, videos

I would hope not because it's no secret to WS that HS was in love with another before she fell for him (just has the wrong guy in mind).

I will seriously be done with this drama if they pull that kind of BS (WS marrying YH because of that reason or something just as stupid). Not only because it's a stupid idea but it contradicts what makes HS and WS relationship strong, the ability to overcome struggles and communicate with each other.

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 10

For the record, I haven't seen 15 but I think the following may happen for the remaining eps (in no particular order):  

YH and Wook may unite to break apart WS and HS. Obviously, YH and Wook are still pinning for the leads respectively, but YH will being slightly more successful than her older brother (eventually marrying So).

Wook will be rejected by HS, finally making him realize that no matter what he does, he'll never have HS's heart. Wook will break the bracelet when all hope is lost, just like in the C-version. I think this will happen when he hears the news that HS is pregnant with WS's baby or that they've married. Maybe even after he gets rejected for the final time.  

WS takes an arrow for HS, and HS tends to his wounds. The two consummate their love, and have sexy times, eventually leading to HS's pregnancy. Look at the way he kisses her in the preview for next week. How passionate! And his IG post, showing that he is bare chested, scars and all. Those scars are featured for a reason, I tell ya. I have a dirty mind, so I hope a bed scene happens. 

YH may conspire to kill HS's unborn baby with the help of CR. After all, Queen Sofreakingcraycray is her idol. It may be through poison, just like with Lady Oh. CR will commit this ultimate betrayal to HS, and we get the blood letter either with her apologizing or saying she has no regrets. Maybe she will do this to avenge for 9th, if he dies by this time. This is not really an attack on HS, but maybe on WS. Look at all those dirty looks she gives WS in 14. 

Yo and 9th may die at the same time. Jung might be the one who kills Yo, like he says in the preview. Jung realizes Yo is out of control, and he'll have to end his brother's life to stop him. 9th will be arrested and executed. He is insignificant, so he won't get a grand death. It would be hilarious if he dies off-screen...but I doubt it. He'll have his 5 seconds. 

Queen Sofreakingcraycray may commit suicide after Yo's death. Probably from the realization that she has turned her sons on one another and cannot live with guilt. Will she ever feel guilt for hurting WS? Maybe not. Her pride is too great. I do want WS to chew her out before she kicks the bucket though. She may end up going craz(ier) instead, but I don't think that kind of karma is enough. 

General is saddened by his daughter and Eun's death. He will join WS to avenge his children. He may end up dying himself, maybe to protect WS.

Ji Mong will just be chillin' like he always does. He will live the rest of his life helping WS after he ascends the throne. 

WS ascends the throne after Yo and 9th dies. He exiles and dethrones Queen Sofreakingcraycray, and Jung leaves the palace due to not accepting WS as king and for his mother. 

The death of WS's baby causes him to punish/torture/kill CR cruelly. HS, although lost her baby, is heart broken on several levels: losing her baby, WS's cruelty towards CR and everyone else, and the loss of her friends, and she blames herself for the circumstances around her. HS will come to a realization that she came back to the past to solve nothing, and instead helped history follow it's course. She will live with the regrets for all the decisions she did not make. 

WW tells WS that he was HS's lover as a last ditch effort to break apart HS and WS. WS misunderstands HS and questions her feelings/honesty, and we begin to see a rift between the star crossed lovers. WS will send HS away, or HS will walk away from WS. If he cannot give her freedom, she will obtain it on her own - remember, she said no one can save herself but her. This freedom comes at the cost of losing WS. WS will not stop her because he knows freedom is important to her. If he could give that to her, even at the cost of losing her, he would do it. Once WS becomes king, he cannot leave his post because that's the only way he can give Soo what she needs. Poetically, he ends up sacrificing his own freedom in order for her to gain hers. Both still love each other deeply, even in separation. 

HS leaves the palace with 14th, not because she loves him, but because she doesn't want to be WS's weakness, especially now that he's king. She could also leave because she can longer live in the palace (all of the losses she experienced has made her hopeless), or because she is heartbroken over WS's change. I think the scene where she drops the flowers in her hands from the 7 min trailer is a reaction to WS's marriage to YH.

YH will force WS to marry her for HS's sake, or for whatever reason that she may help him become king. Their marriage is possible because there are conditions. I cannot see WS marrying YH for no other reason, if not for HS's sake.

Wook is either exiled or imprisoned. He does not get to walk away scot free from his crimes, so I know his punishment will happen. He may even commit suicide later. 

HS will die from illness or a broken heart. She will long for WS, and everything will mirror BBJX.  

BA is the only one with a happy ending (compared to 10 in the C-version).

I know some of these predictions are left field, but I thought I'd just entertain some ideas. I approach this with the idea in mind that the K-version will be sadder than the C-version. Sad includes a lot of tears, loss, deaths, separations, longings, and regrets so I'm sure we see a lot of that in the next few episodes. I wanted a happy drama, but I sure picked the wrong one. 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, faeriealice said:

I would hope not because it's no secret to WS that HS was in love with another before she fell for him (just has the wrong guy in mind).
I will seriously be done with this drama if they pull that kind of BS (WS marrying YH because of that reason or something just as stupid). Not only because it's a stupid idea but it contradicts what makes HS and WS relationship strong, the ability to overcome struggles and communicate with each other.

That's what I thought too, surely it's not THAT big of a deal since 14 and 15 show how much they've been through. That "misunderstanding" seems too minute to set these two apart. But it looks as though it's following the C-BBJX route where HS is leaving the palace. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

That's what I thought too, surely it's not THAT big of a deal since 14 and 15 show how much they've been through. That "misunderstanding" seems too minute to set these two apart. But it looks as though it's following the C-BBJX route where HS is leaving the palace. 

I would much rather the process of HS leaving the palace be something WS and HS would mutually agree would be best for her, and out of love, not bitterness and misunderstandings. Otherwise all that development of communication will all be for nothing. :\

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, faeriealice said:

I would much rather the process of HS leaving the palace be something WS and HS would mutually agree would be best for her, and out of love, not bitterness and misunderstandings. Otherwise all that development of communication will all be for nothing. :\

I don't see this happening though, not in such a setting anyways. The fact their relationship is now mutually agreed upon, the fact WS is against taking multiple wives makes him more modern than the rest. However, I don't see this project going out without a bang. From the get-go, the tone of the trailer makes it such an epic romance that I can't imagine it having a less than dramatic exit. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

I don't see this happening though, not in such a setting anyways. The fact their relationship is now mutually agreed upon, the fact WS is against taking multiple wives makes him more modern than the rest. However, I don't see this project going out without a bang. From the get-go, the tone of the trailer makes it such an epic romance that I can't imagine it having a less than dramatic exit. 

How would you define an epic romance though? For me when I hear 'epic romance' I think it's going to be well, epic but also could anticipate a potentially sad/bittersweet/tragic ending such as: separation by force, in best interest, or by death. I can't fathom an epic romance with an ending where they ultimately break-up due to misunderstandings. There's nothing epic about that.

• Like 5

Spoiler

@freckledbelle Agreed! I got so used to So being the passionate one who is earnestly longing to kiss ans hold Soo that it's such a pleasant surprise to find HER earnestly reaching out for him :wub:

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, faeriealice said:

How would you define an epic romance though? For me when I hear 'epic romance' I think it's going to be well, epic but also could anticipate a potentially sad/bittersweet/tragic ending such as: separation by force, in best interest, or by death. I can't fathom an epic romance with an ending where they ultimately break-up due to misunderstandings. There's nothing epic about that.

I suppose it does :) I suppose an epic romance for me is not a happy ending - but one like Gone With the Wind. Something heart wrenching and gripping, but does not end well for characters. I don't regard C-BBJX RX and 4 as breaking up but that their love have always been there but unrealised due to misunderstanding and a hell lot of meddling by 14 (WJ).

WS as a character comes off as the literary archetype of a romantic hero who has been rejected by his conventional society. MLSHR portrays his development of character and HS as the person who is there to help him over his psychological and social restraints. But I don't think they will end up together since a common trait of a romantic hero is to regret his actions and one that has a long-suffering love interest. I agree that epic can be tragic / bittersweet, but the misunderstanding is the catalyst to what led them live apart with different people and ends with HS dying in the arms of another. At least that's what C-BBJX is. Again, I am so confused to which way the script is going. 

• Like 9

I'm a bit confused. After HS and SD have a conversation about So, HS goes looking for JM but ends up sending a letter to SD's father? Is that how it worked out? (At first, I thought she left a note for JM but then later she talks about the letter to SD's dad...) lol She ended up sending a letter and never talked to So or JM about Eun and SD? I thought the point of that whole conversation with SD was HS realizing she should trust her feelings/trust So.

I may have missed a scene or something though? Maybe someone can clarify things for me, lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hitomebore08 said:

YAY!!:thumbsup:

@meahri_1 talking about body language at this hour lol, you're gonna drive me insane!

Forgot to mention an important detail in the post. When a woman reaches around to a man's neck, it allows her to pull and deepen the kiss. :blush:

• Like 24