[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I have a question for my madhouse inmates!!!

What is it that YH thinks she could tell WS about WW and HS?

- so far we saw them flit a bit, walk along with each other, hug, almost touch, Forehead kiss ... but that's all nothing
- in the first episode CR implied that HS was chasing men
- also folks said she had changed completely

Could the "old" HS maybe grated WW more liberties, than she should have?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Hide contents

Yes, she tells 4th prince and 13th prince. I'm forgot if the 13th prince believed her, 4th prince definitely did. It was in the last few episodes.

Omg really? I wonder if that'll happen in this version too, I hope it does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itzibitzispider said:

- so far we saw them flit a bit, walk along with each other, hug, almost touch, Forehead kiss ... but that's all nothing

YH could make something up instead of sticking to the truth.

• Like 7

Ok...I haven't finished todays ep, but I'ma go ahead and say I dislike just about every character. Like just the first few min. makes me want to shoot everyone in the eye lol. Pretty much why I stay away from historical drama, bad guys get away with everything, while we got to put up with the good guys getting thrown around. 

• Like 4

I have been a silent follower of the forum, and just wanted to share my thought about the show:

I like the scenes, the very devoted WS, the whole idea of fate, and chicken and egg problem of HS going back to the past. But there are things that made me really sad and a bit disappointed (I hope I won't get stoned for this): I was really looking forward to the platonic but true-soulmate-found type of relationship between HS and the 13th prince. The K-version builds up such a devoted, kind and passionate WS but at the expense of other characters. The other princes were also very important to HS, but weren't fleshed out in character very well. 

I think I've heard that in the original novel and also in the Chinese version, the 13th prince is one of the audiences' most favorite character because he is care-free and has an open mind just like RX or HS in the k-drama. He was RX's true soulmate and one of the 2 princes that never hurt RX (the other one is 14th). He and his courtesan friends were the only ones RX spoke to freely about equality for all and what the world should be like (as it is in RX real modern time), probably because he (and he friend) really understood wanted to believe in such a world themselves. He is also one of the few who understands RX the best, and supports her unconditionally, and trusted her completely, never needing a explanation from her. The 13th prince in the K-version does not seem to have much character. His love line and support for HS and WS is cute, but you don't see the depth. I don't think the 13th in the C-version had a lot of screen time either compared to 8th, 4th, but each time he appears, you can tell he was RX's true  supporter and friend, no matter how subtle they showed it. It's sad the K-version did not build up his character well; it's one of the true friends that could be of much support for HS when the Titanic Soo-So ship hits its end. TT

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

YH could make something up instead of sticking to the truth.

That would be so like her .... also as she knows that HS lost her memories from before she could tell whatever ... still I wondered at the behavior of WW in episode 1 before and now I did again ... ;)

• Like 4

Also, can you imagine once HS wakes up from the dream and comes to the future, what heartache she must feel if she runs into the present day WS? It's like she lived through a life time in Goryeo and had so much pain loving him and here he is, not knowing who she is! :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Thanks! I forgot about Yo's threat. Is there any reason why they couldn't flee Goreyo by going to another country? Even if Yo offers a bounty on HS, there's a limit to his reach. And since SD's father has control of the army, I don't think soldiers will try very hard to find WS and HS.

Another good point! I agree that there would be a limit to Yo's reach, but at the same time, HS would be accused of killing a king. She and WS would be looking over their shoulders forever and for some, that's really no way to live.

SD's father does have control of the army, but WY apparently has his own with backing from his uncle (all the dudes in red plus his personal guard in blue). :/ I'm sure they'd be the ones hunting the couple down.

17 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

It was not just about HS.It was about JM as well as BA(and their households). if it was just HS i doubt ws would have stayed either way.

Ah true!! Totally forgot about this part too, oops. (Sorry, Baek Ah!! ;___; Oh and JM, lol.)

19 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

i too think yh will tell So about soo warning to wook regarding him. This will act as last straw to WS. He won't be able to believe that one person he thought was on his side was the one who led to WW-Ws rivalry. Having said that i really hope So-Soo couple to resolve their grudges afterwords rather than lonely Soo dying. i really wish if Soo dies please let WS be by her side. Please dramagods.

Spoiler

Yeah, I think this is what's going to happen too. :/ Also, a lot of people seem to think that WS won't be bothered when he finds out it was WW who HS loved - I agree on some level. However, I do think WS would be bothered by the fact that HS considered and would've married WW if things had gone differently. One of my predictions actually is that WS will propose again but HS will turn him down (b/c history :/ ). But then finding out HS was willing to marry WW would hurt WS deeply.

I definitely see things going down in a similar fashion as the cdrama, but yeah - I really, really want WS to make it to HS just on time before she passes away in his arms. (Excuse me while I sob in a corner now...)

Edited by krysyuy
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, irene123 said:

I have been a silent follower of the forum, and just wanted to share my thought about the show:

I like the scenes, the very devoted WS, the whole idea of fate, and chicken and egg problem of HS going back to the past. But there are things that made me really sad and a bit disappointed (I hope I won't get stoned for this): I was really looking forward to the platonic but true-soulmate-found type of relationship between HS and the 13th prince. The K-version builds up such a devoted, kind and passionate WS but at the expense of other characters. The other princes were also very important to HS, but weren't fleshed out in character very well. 

I think I've heard that in the original novel and also in the Chinese version, the 13th prince is one of the audiences' most favorite character because he is care-free and has an open mind just like RX or HS in the k-drama. He was RX's true soulmate and one of the 2 princes that never hurt RX (the other one is 14th). He and his courtesan friends were the only ones RX spoke to freely about equality for all and what the world should be like (as it is in RX real modern time), probably because he (and he friend) really understood wanted to believe in such a world themselves. He is also one of the few who understands RX the best, and supports her unconditionally, and trusted her completely, never needing a explanation from her. The 13th prince in the K-version does not seem to have much character. His love line and support for HS and WS is cute, but you don't see the depth. I don't think the 13th in the C-version had a lot of screen time either compared to 8th, 4th, but each time he appears, you can tell he was RX's true  supporter and friend, no matter how subtle they showed it. It's sad the K-version did not build up his character well; it's one of the true friends that could be of much support for HS when the Titanic Soo-So ship hits its end. TT

I agree completely. And in the C-drama, 13th prince was the 4th prince's only friend from childhood. He doesn't get that much screen time until last 20% of the drama though.

• Like 2

CufUpZmWcAAkyLm.jpg

i like Yo and empress Yoo scene. it showed how much Yo character developed. he is no longer empress's puppet. when Yoo tried to be part of politics, Yo told her to let him deal with politics and she should "only have pretty things." Yo is telling her to "don't get in the way of his politics" in kind words. you can see that her reaction is like "I can't believe my son Yo just said that to me."

• Like 16

I do not approve that fight for throne over brothers blood but in a way i understand...then it was me or you whos dead...but i'll never understand queens or mothers...So's mother...to ask one child to kill others...even Wook's mother whos not even close as evil as So's...at the end she asked him why he didn't tell sooner, as she didn't know...even Wook's dead wife asked her that Wook remarry to HS...so selfish

• Like 6

Watching the raw version.. I can only come up with 2 factors why HS hides Eun and SD from So.

• Trust issues? not really fond of this.. possible yet so hard to believe, and I'm refusing to believe as well not-listening-onion-head-emoticon.gif HS still had the chills when he saw So during the night, don't she still trust So completely? or  she's just simply scared the fact that he is bound to kill his brother (She knows exactly that whatever So does it's to protect her. [So kneeling against Yo because of her])? She knew those visions are inevitable.. and let's not forget HS's character as it is. she may have matured a bit but her principles is still in tact.. she won't just stay still knowing someone is about to die, moreover someone whom she's friends with. that leads me to the latter part..
  • Were back to square one as HS still not accepting destiny.. but Eun and SD's death will prove her wrong once more. No matter how she tries to avoid and prevent everything, things will still fall at it's place.. Eun might have been able to live, if she succeeded on dragging him out.. but no, who would've thought the wimpy-little-prince man up at that exact crucial moment.. Eun letting go of her hands will make her realize that it'll always be out of her grasp. I hope by this incident she learns real hard and start properly acknowledging the Late King's(Taejo) advice.. and for crying out loud she needs to embrace the whole WANG SO not just accepting him by his past and present but also the impending damn future. objection-onion-head-emoticon.gif

OMG! This OST is gold, I meant..no wonder I feel strange the song was an upbeat by who do I feel somewhat depressed.. gawd the lyrics brings tears wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif but did I miss something, did this OST ever played in the drama already? or just now in ep 15 sorry I only had watched the SBS version 

crying2-onion-head-emoticon.gifTorture transpiring now in my poor heart.. why make their way of finally falling in love with each other off the charts and kill it the next day.. depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif
For me, the highlight of Episode 15:

Spoiler

ezgif_com_resize_1.gifezgif_com_resize_2.gifezgif_com_resize_3.gif

No wonder cute-lady-bear fall for him green-scarf-emoticon-06.gifgreen-scarf-emoticon-21.gif

Eun while lying on the ground facing SD is going to kill me with the flood of tears green-scarf-emoticon-46.gif(can't remember which episode to capture a screenshot :sweatingbullets:

But this will revive me: green-scarf-emoticon-21.gif It's alright to expect right? bled1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Now off to back read: 20+ pages! God, I love you guys, eclipse.. without you guys I don't think the pain of waiting for a week will lessencute1-onion-head-emoticon.gif almost forgot, HUGE THANKS TO OUR RESIDENT RECAPPERS/SCREENCAPS beg-onion-head-emoticon.gif serenade-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 12

10 hours ago, ruizaio said:

But then again, what's the point of wondering about that now. All I want to see is just So finally taking the throne and living happily ever after with Soo. ...like that's gonna happen.

Sorry to cut your post short, I agree with all of it but this part described my feelings exactly! I also just want to see WS take the throne, condemn the traitors and just live happily ever after with HS but we all know it's not going to be that easy, the drama laws forbid it, haha.  Is it weird that the look of determination in Wang So's face in the preview to become king made me more excited than WS-HS kiss? Yes, because after all the injustices and killings these last episodes I need him to step up and actively pursue the throne and finally claim Goreyo, at the very least he would be a just king. I dread the WS-YH marriage but we know it's inevitable, I just want to know the reason behind it and how it will effect WS-HS love.

I want to believe there will be some kind of a happy ending, the silly hopeful side of me leans towards it but on the other hand everything shown so far makes me think otherwise, based on the novel and the c-version, even the OST's of the drama give us the warning that the ending will probably be sad and I am okay with that, I have prepared myself for it (at least I think so) but I do want a good believable ending, be it happy or sad one.

Let's wait and see what happens but one thing I do know is that 20 episodes are not enough to properly cover the whole story, at least the way they chose to treat the story, to me they wasted the first 10 episodes slowly building up the events like they had all the time in the world and then it started to get too frantic and rushed, too many things happening at once without having the possibility to grasp the events, killings, deaths, politics, wars for the throne and to me feels like watching two different dramas. Honestly, when I think of the first part of the drama all I remember is non-stop WW-HS "romance", WS being ignored and judged, the princes joking around in the palace and nothing else.

No matter what, it doesn't change the fact that the cast and crew worked hard and we have to respect their work, I will be watching until the end, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Hmmm I don't think that is the case, because WW earlier said that she completely changed and that they never had much interaction before she lost her memory. I don't think he would lie to her about that, so it is probably just YH threatening to expose that they had some kind of relationship before. I guess for So, who doesn't know it is WW at all, it could still be a big impact. Or maybe YH might say that there are still lingering feelings (which is still true on WW's side) which may cause WS to have doubts about Soo's sincerity towards him.

• Like 6

i was rewatching episode 14 again. did u guys notice when HS stops him from kissing and says "u won't do it without permission", then So asks"can i". God that that smile is like a child asking for his favourite toy. i just wanted to reach into screen and pull LJG cheeks. he is so cute.

• Like 21

**THIS IS A YEON Hwa LOVE POST/don’t hate me**

I gotta say, I really feel Yeon Hwa with this. I love her saying “Why does everyone on that seat threatens me with marriage. You must believe there is no better way to control a woman than marriage.” Daaaamnnn women be hearing this for thousands of years. Even today! 

Also this: “Feelings and marriage are just silly games to you when they are life to death for me.” BLAM the nail right on the head! This is the huge divide between HS and YH, YH knows how important these things are because as a woman in that time they are all the weapons we have to work with. So for YH, inciting feelings isn’t about making a connection, but merely a point of survival. Buying into the theory about HS as the unification goddess of Korea, this would never work for HS. HS is about love and unity, not about survival. I love HS/YH as foils against each other too. Because HS stands for love and YH stands for survival and we already known that one survives and one dies. So it’s like we have to decide between choosing love or death. Because Hae Su choose who she loves, she doesn’t get to live. Because YH chooses survival, she doesn’t get who she loves. Phew. Heavy richard simmons there, Moonlovers! (If you’re a GOT fan, this is the Rob Stark dilemma and why the Red Wedding happened) 

I think it was also smart of the show to really clearly define why Wang So fell in love with Hae Su and not YH as defined by their primary traits: Love Vs. Survival. Wang So feel in love with Hae Su and NOT Yeon Hwa first because Yeon Hwa was too concerned about her position to declare herself for Wang So. If she HAD done so, I think the story would have been a little different because YH and WS actually have some history too. So even though YH was first in loving Wang So, because she did not declare herself for him, he fell in love with Hae Su. Timing is everything when it comes to love. Had YH show WS’s the openess and affection that Hae Su naturally seems to have, I think WS/YH would have been a solid thing. (side note: YH’s smokey eyeliner is WERQ FIERCE COVERGIRL)

EW at Wang Yo hasn’t forgiven Yeon Hwa for siding with Wook EVEN THO he’s working with Wook, another double standard for women.

Hae Su doesn’t think about her own survival as much as she thinks about everyone else’s (most likely because she’s not tethered to this time). I understand how much easier it is to root for a character like YH and be frustrated with Hae Su.

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Reveal hidden contents

She never told to anyone. She might have dropped vague statements, but she never disclosed it for the fear that she might have changed the history, of which apparently she did.

I thought the Arrow Scene is omitted, but it is included anyway , in the later episode and with much more  in essence in the context. .

At this point on, I must say SHR had made the adaptation much sadder because of the tragedies  . The difference is, the deaths are gradual prior to 4th prince becoming a king. Wang So's path is arduous indeed.

Another angst that I anticipate SHR will take the route the same as the novel  lonely onion head

Reveal hidden contents

Wang So and Hae Soo's unborn child . 

Yeah that's what I believe as well, I read the summary of the Chinese version from Wikipedia and I was afraid they might add this in the k-version, as much as I'm excited for next week's OTP moments, part of me is not. 

• Like 3