[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

o.O what is this haesoo hate parade?? I'm quite shock

I mean, are we sure if she had told Wang So about Eun things had been different?... probably not

what I get the most in time traveling stories is that you can't change history. With her little knowlege she tried but failed...   and people want her character dead XD

I'm enjoying more and more Wang so's road to the throne. When Yo falls it's gonna be satisfying  .

• Like 13

judging from the preview next week, its possible wang so and her get intimate and by the time he's king they find out she's pregnant and the miscarriage is caused by yeon hwa/chae ryung or wang won which will cause wang so to get super pissed and maybe kill wang won. sigh, ep 15 was so intense! i can't re watch an ep like that, too many feels. Eun-aaa~ :'(

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Wang so is one of the most patient man in goryeo era. Lol. Maybe, he will later wonder what makes him so lacking from wook in haesoo's eyes that she  chose to reject him in the past lol

lol if that question was to be ask her answer probably will be because hes the first man I saw when I arrived her in goryeo and WS will be like uh what? HS will be I meant after waking up from my coma he was the first man to reach out so pretty much at first when I look at him he was a nice guy and all smart and crap but how would I know he is going to be a coward and a sell out? he promise me this and that and i thought he would keep his word cause I thought you were a crazy cold guy while Wook was opposite in which all girls dream of but now I realize it was not worth it 

Lol don't forget apparently 4th is suppose to be calm and patience so I guess that's one trait of 4th they didn't change lol he has patience toward HS when she makes stupid mistake over and over. He's probably thinking really after all these years you still cant figure it out :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jujunhu said:

what the writer described WS perfect, so charming, so beloved made me feel tired and annoyed. Everyone love him so much; whenever anyone hurts him, everyone criticizes him/her for doing this, especially the person is HS. It is not fair for other characters. There are many post wishing HS die because she don't trust WS and she don't deserve him. Jesus Christ!!

So hope that HS will die in next ep & WS become a king and live happily forever with 2 his wives & his children. I think this is happy ending for all of u.

(I am wondering why the writer built HS character like that. The writer must have had a feud with female character.)

you just answer your own question tbh... kekekeke

WS character is build in front of everyone.. the lonely guy that fall in love and will do everything in order to protect her..... its all fangirl imagination tbh....

HS character is more cheerful and getting everyone attention but nobody notice that she being thrown a 1000 years before.. she so alone and don't know what to do but stand up and live day by day.. getting drag along with the palace games... having herself down but stand up and walk again.. she show much more bravery than any character in here tbh... i'm a girl and i don't know if i can do that... 

people just tend to care about the boy rather to see how much the girl suffer too...

like Harley Quinn said woman is so much powerful than a guy because we can mask our suffer with a smile... its what exactly HS do.. she don't plead or ask anyone anything but rather she brave herself living in ruthless era...  

• Like 12

Its been a hundred pages since I had the last post in here.Wow

I have had a lot of queries during this time..

Wait...wasn't there any baseball match?
Did both the episodes air together?
Did anyone DIE? because people just die in this show! 
++I just want to be prepared before watching the next episode..
Does the show get better or worse since ep 13?!
Do wee see some of our otp moments as per the bts i mean more of it?

"Well, the problem lies there. I believe her vision is not a premonition, but an exact future. Since all her vision did come true, she should have known that everything she does won't affect anything because it would result the same like Taejo's and Hyejong's death. For me, she does not trust Wang So at all. Why? The moment So told her that he is looking for Eun and SD in order to help them to escape (notice here, So was trying to tell her the truth like his promise to her), Haesoo again still relying to the premonition, and she did not tell him about her hiding Eun and SD in Damiwon. So frustrating, it was, but again, she should have known that Wang So will still ended up "looks like killing Eun" and involved no matter how she tried to prevent it.

IMO the point is not about Haesoo should believed So in order to help both Eun and SD to not get killed, but how much Haesoo put her belief in So despite of her bad vision about him. That's the trust for me. The future cannot be changed, thus Haesoo should trust her man behind the premonition. She should understand more on WHY So would kill Eun (we will get this next week, lmfao it was clear So did not do the kill for fun but to end Eun's misery faster by his sword) instead of keep skeptical on how ruthless So is in the premonition to kill Eun and laugh like that. Much simpler: She did not trust the man in front of her, but she trusted the man in her choppy vision.

So yeah, Haesoo did not trust Wang So at all and she does not deserve So's love.

I'm sorry that I sound so harsh about Haesoo, but even SD told Haesoo that she should trust her lover despite everything."

@hallyus I see where you're coming from but I don't quite agree. What I am wondering about is, even if I know I have almost no chance of keeping a tragedy from happening, will I truly be able not to even try to change anything? Because that's exactly where Hae Soo's dilemma lies.

Yes, she could have told WS about hiding Eun and about her visions as well (it just would have taken some time since it's quite a story to tell in their current situation). I do not see how it would have positively changed things though...? Following your argumentation (which does make sense indeed!) WS will still end up the same, even if she shares everything with him. Won't that make him feel even worse? Isn't it enough that Hae Soo already suffers so much from knowing what will happen? I really do not think she believes WS enjoys killing Eun. Her view on him changed long ago. It's more that she is afraid under which circumstances the tragedy will happen and how it'll make WS feel, not to even mention Eun...

I believe Hae Soo's biggest problem is that she wants to save them all and that she thinks she's the only one who can do it. There have been various moments in this drama which imply that she sees it as her fate to protect the princes no matter what. She can't cope with the cruel reality she's caught in. She cannot let it be because she grew fond of them. She refuses to surrender. It's natural  though. Imagine a family member being sick with a deadly disease. You know the ending already yet you'd do everything possible to change destiny. Her case is similar in a way.

In the end Hae Soo (again) tried to achieve the impossible by separating Eun and herself from WS. To her it was the only thing she could think of to make sure WS and Eun wouldn't have this dreadful encounter. If Eun and her weren't caught they couldn't be used by WY to make WS feel miserable once again. Of course she was bound to fail, too. But even if she only had a 1 % chance of saving all of them from what is bound to happen, in her mind it must have been worth it. Eun was the first friend she ever made. WS is the man she loves. How can she possibly just sit back and watch? It's like you said, she never stood a chance either way. However, can we really be upset with her for at least trying?

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, chatiimoon said:

I mean, are we sure if she had told Wang So about Eun things had been different?... probably not

what I get the most in time traveling stories is that you can't change history. With her little knowlege she tried but failed...

and people want her character dead XD

lol I burst out laughing too!!! Can I just ask, as someone who abandons kdrama half way - has there been any saeguks that end well? I heard moon embracing sun was all deaths along the way and somehow a happy ending? Other than the pearl in the palace (Dae Jang Gum), that was happy ending after a lot of trauma and pain as well?? I half expected that to end badly as well! I'm surprised I didn't see more conflicts, blood and gore in MLSHR! Or even Gisaeng running about and taking up more wives than they already have?

I just want to know why are people hating on MLSHR when this is a relatively well and logically written drama in comparison to a lot that I've watched and stopped? Do I just have really low expectations? This is much more compact and better paced than C-BBJX imo

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

in 16 episode preview, yo shoot hae soo and then we see wang so is bleeding around ear area,, 

maybe the arrow kill hae soo?? and she turn back to future ? because in the end preview we see wang so is so determined to become king (maybe because anger and he wants revenge

@Putri Dewi The bleeding around ear is from Eun's blood, I think. Remember like @LyraYoo reminded us back a few pages, do not trust the preview. Previews are scenes chop and stick together to make a shorter story - hence lots of blank blank that we looove to fill in. 
See that So is still wearing the same clothes from ep 15 - so it will happen during Eun's death. Stay vigilant against previews and other images, ladies! :phew:

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, she realises that Wang So might be put in front of an alternative: save her and kill Eun or have her killed and Eun is killed anyway. She witnessed what Yo did to his brother in the episode 14. Wang So had to kneel in front of Yo just because he didn't want her to die. When they tried to leave the palace, Won stopped them. She gets aware that she is a hostage and can be used as leverage against Wang So. She is not stupid. 

Therefore she realises that her vision might come true that Wang So might have to kill his brother. She knows how hurt he was, when he killed Yo. In order to make sure that Wang So doesn't have to chose, she hides Eun's whereabouts from Wang So. Moreover, she is following lady Oh's advices: keep everything to herself. She doesn't doubt Wang So and his love for her, she knows what Wang So is willing to do for her, well aware that each time, So must have to go through hell: he was willing each time to suffer because of her (drinking the poison, get sentabroad as punishment).

Then in Hae Soo's defense: Yeon Hwa is the real villain here. Yes, she was threatened by Yo, but she decided to use her knowledge, not just in order to free herself. She revealed Eun's whereabouts by mentioning Hae Soo. by doing so, she wanted Yo to have Hae Soo killed for treason, as she was the one who hid them!! She wanted to get rid of Hae Soo, whom she hates so much as she knows that Wang Wook still loves her, just like Wang So. She has lost her two brothers to Hae Soo. 

Agree with @bebebisous33 and other posts before (sorry cannot remember who else)
Reading past posts, I think we shouldnt be too judgmental against Soo. Yes, she MAY NOT trust So that's why she doent say anything. But I think there's a bigger motive at play here. 

I watched RAW version just now, so I cannot comment much. But during her talk with So she remembered the King's advice (I'm guessing the part about her to think rationally and not think too much about the future). I think that plays a role in her decision not telling So. 
In her mind, if she managed to hide Eun and SD, So will not be able to find them and kill them - hence the vision will not come true. 
Remember also, that Soo tends to do things herself. She bite the man's hand in ep3 before Wook killed him, she slashed her own wrist so that King will not wed her. So this is one way of her saving Eun and SD, as well as saving So from killing his own brother. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

For me it was less about HS/WW lovey-dovey story and more about how Wang So developed his feelings for Hae Soo

I agree and also his journey to become the king of Goryeo due to his love for her and to stop the tragedy around them. He was not interested in become king, just help the CP and live in the palace, but that changed from the moment he fell in love with her. She is there for that purpose, to inspire and somehow help him to get to the throne as King Taejo wished.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Why do we only blame HS for her decisions? We don’t blame WS for being so obvious that he’s willing to do anything for HS, which is why Yoo, Yo, YH, and WW use HS. What happened to the WS who was clever enough to pretend that he didn’t care if the assassin/fallen monk killed HS?

yeah he is being too obvious i agree.

I think preview kind of hinted ws is going to distance himself from hs(may be a strategic move like 4th prince in c version distanced himself from throne after 13th prince house arrest).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, glacial said:

judging from the preview next week, its possible wang so and her get intimate and by the time he's king they find out she's pregnant and the miscarriage is caused by yeon hwa/chae ryung or wang won which will cause wang so to get super pissed and maybe kill wang won. sigh, ep 15 was so intense! i can't re watch an ep like that, too many feels. Eun-aaa~ :'(

Yess, I've almost forgotten this part of BBJX. I would consider how Chaeryung would cause her miscarriage as a direct betrayal. Do you feel like HS is as weak character as RX? It seems like her limp has healed completely and she's not suffering from any body pains as RX did by the time WS ascends to the throne? Or does that happen after she loses the baby?

46 minutes ago, riuenu said:

actually, I love the way the writer tone down HS character, HS is close to my heart..behave more like normal people will behave..

Not saying Rouxi is not normal...actually to some extend she is not, unless she got super memory, or she love history till can remember every single detail in the history book, or time travel make her a history machine...she is way...too smart already...

In BBJX, I never hate Rouxi...and in SHR...never once I hate HS, indeed I love her character....that why I think I should be taking a chill pill as well, from those bashing towards Soo...not in sane mind after watching SHR..hahahahahhahaha

@riuenu I'm with you here. I dont hate Soo. Sometimes I want to smack her head for being so dense and gullible; and most of the time I want to shook her senseless for staying loyal and loving Wook - whom we all know a giant snake. But I dont hate her. 
I admire her loyalty, her kindness, her optimistic view of the world, her generosity, and her ability to give herself to someone so completely. 
I didnt watch the C-version so cant really compare her to Rouxi. Heard Rouxi is way smarter. But Soo is smart too.. in beauty dept. Hahaha.. 
She is perfect for So. Yin Yang. So is so manly, strong, hard, whereas Soo is so feminine, fragile, soft. They really really compliment each other.
Love these couple!  :heart: 

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, chatiimoon said:

what I get the most in time traveling stories is that you can't change history. With her little knowlege she tried but failed...   and people want her character dead XD

I'm enjoying more and more Wang so's road to the throne. When Yo falls it's gonna be satisfying  .

The problem is that she is doing nothing logical..

She influenced Wook with her "Beware of WS" panic attack..

TIme and again creating problems for WS during her panic attack outbursts..

How could she not see deteriorating condition of the king?

Why does she think she is god and the only one with positivity and good feelings towards everyone else...or that she knows everything best... What is the point of having information, sleeping on it and acting on it when it is too late..

Honestly, what irks me best is her Mother Teresa mode ( " I will save all of you") .. If she stops acting vain..then I personally would not have problems towards how she chooses to act..be dumb, smart..whatevr..wouldn't care..

Its her vanity that gets me!..She needs to accept that she does not know best..and frankly is no one to judge characters of other people.. she is extremely judgemental when she herself is no good

• Like 2

I am looking forward to see how WS will become king and how HS as the unexpected variable will come in. Lastly how the modern part will play out. I didn't really watch the C-Ver since it was too long a show. With few more eps to end..I am starting to fear watching what happens to WS and Jung since they now may 'compete' to protect HS in their own way from WW. Drama ahead!!  For me, this drama is a roller coaster adventure that I look forward to!

• Like 5

Well, looking into the future...I have some thoughts from this episode, mostly around my bias, 13th prince, haha. First, I'm suspecting that Woohee is going to betray Baek Ah in the future. For sure, her homeland >>>> my beautiful handsome prince/cinnamon roll Baek Ah, and anyway, there's really no way Yo would've let her gone free. After all, she knows that he had an assassination attempt planned and would thus be useful in helping the opposition (So, Baek Ah & others) unite against him. So really, she must've made a new deal with Yo. By saying that she would continue to be a gisaeng, she ensures that Baek Ah doesn't leave the palace, and thus Yo manages to keep another person that he could use against So, but I'm sure that's not the end of their deal. 

In the 6 minute trailer, Baek Ah is dressed in two different kinds of armors (1,2), so that means there should probably be two battle scenes to come (or maybe there was a wardrobe error and I'm overthinking this, lol). I think it's likely that scene 1 will come before scene 2, only since in scene 2, BA is actually wearing the same armor that the CP wore before (once again, this guess relies heavily on the wardrobe team not messing up, lol). Plus, General Park will need revenge on Yo, for killing his beloved daughter. But, in order for this to happen, I think that So + Baek Ah will have to leave the palace. Maybe Yo imprisons Baek Ah for having better hair whatever reason, So busts him out (with the help of Woohee...maybe), and then they unite with General Park and then return to the palace, dressed in their shiniest armor. 

Though...some general thoughts:

• Woohee will probably die in episode 17/18? She's probably the person that Baek Ah is trying to reach for (as shown in the 6 min preview). Maybe she commits suicide (like 13th's lover did in BBJX, right?), she sacrifices herself for him, or maybe someone pushes her off the balcony (and since it's not a magical cliff, she dies), either way, it'll change Baek Ah forever, and Soo will be affected by that. 
  • I'm not sure about the historical details about this one, but Won will probably be disposed of? I know someone said that he tries to lead a rebellion...? Though, in any case, Chaeryung will certainly die, and considering how she was part of a treasonous plot, she will probably meet an unforgiving end at the hands of So. Once again, this will also affect Soo.
  • It'd be really interesting in my opinion if Queen Yoo is the one who ends up killing Yo in order to save Jung. Now wouldn't that be tragic? I'm sure that even if she does it to save him, Jung is unlikely going to be able to forgive his mother, and she'll pretty much lose everything at that point. 
  • I'm curious about how everything with Wook will be resolved. I'm expecting Yo's storyline to wrap up next week, so after that, it'll more or less be Wook vs. So. Plus there's the matter of Yeonhwa's marriage to So as well. I don't think Yo will be the one to agree with that, since he'd be pretty much putting together two of his enemies, so it should happen after...and that will probably be the end to So-Soo. 
  • Not sure how So will find out about Wook-Soo. While they may still let Wook be the one to tell him, I feel like it'd have more impact if Soo was the one to do so. Maybe she'd do it so that she could spare So from killing yet another one of his brothers, so that he would choose to marry Yeonhwa (maybe) and so that, just like in BBJX, she'd be able to leave the palace. Yeah, it'd likely fall into the "noble idiocy" category, but whatever, lol, personally, I'd love it if things played that way, but idk if the scriptwriter felt the same way, haha. 
  • I think Soo getting worn out by palace politics is still the best reason for her to want to leave, they probably wouldn't have changed that. Not sure if she'll have a miscarriage since it doesn't seem like we have enough time for that (but who knows, the writer likes to cram things in an episode). I don't think Baek Ah will have that much willpower to take care of Soo after whatever happens to Woohee, so Jung is definitely perfectly falling into place as the one who'll take her away. He'll also be tired of palace politics by the time everything is over.
  • Not sure how long they'll spend in the future...but come on, 15 minutes at least? I'll feel pretty disappointed if they end the way that the C-version did, or if she just sees So in the future and that's it. At least give me a sign of a happy ending to come! ^^

....okay, I wrote a lot. It's time for sleep. If anyone wants to add to my thoughts, please do so! ^^

• Like 10

someone commented that the blood in his ear is from the arrow wang yo shot, its not, his collar is a different color when he kills eun and the blood on his face is from the killing of eun.  his collar is a different color when wang yo aims at hae soo, its 2 different situations. I'm guessing she will nurse him back to health when he gets shot. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

Why do we only blame HS for her decisions? We don’t blame WS for being so obvious that he’s willing to do anything for HS, which is why Yoo, Yo, YH, and WW use HS. What happened to the WS who was clever enough to pretend that he didn’t care if the assassin/fallen monk killed HS?

So now WS can be blamed for loving a girl too much? That is simply his way of loving someone wholeheartedly. 

By the time he told WW he drank poison to save HS, WW already knew he could do everything for that girl so Yo and YH would know too. In fact, after he stopped the guards from hanging HS and shared his coat with her, everyone knows. Being straight, sincere and loyal, it is just how he is. 

Everyone has a weakness because they are simply human. It is not just HS. Baek Ah is also someone WS cares for deeply and will try to save at all cost.

My problem with HS is mostly about her trying to do her own way, even though she means well. The late king Taejo and Ji Mong already warn her to stay out of the history course and let things unfold but she never does that. In fact, she is the one who drives history to happen exactly like in her vision.  Say, she thinks she can save the 10th prince and saves WS from the misery of killing his own brother; but she fails. Just because she is willing to take risks to save people doesn't mean she is competent in doing so - she really needs to realize that. In the 10th prince's case, he has a real shot of staying alive if WS helps him. Or at least, WS would know he had done everything he could for his brother in case of failure.

HS herself is already a hostage, she can't even help herself, left alone saving others .  Good people still die. So just like Rouxi in the novel,  her selflessness just spells troubles. What makes me scratch my head is that she is always the damsel in distress.- how many times WS has to save or help her in the drama? 

I don't hate Rouxi. I don't hate HS. They are all good people. But their good intentions back fire big time, causing pain for themselves and people around them. Because of their selfless traits, they find love in a terrible period but in the end, they have bad ending. They are pitiful characters (like a tool or device for the history wheel) but their actions also lead to their own demise so it is hard to solely blame anyone for that. And personally I don't find pitiful characters interesting.  They are actually the most troublesome.

• Like 8