[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I've still got 3 pages to backtrack but I have the urge to ask some questions before this thread's moving at lightning speed again :D

As we're already discussing the most heart-breaking part in a drama ie ending, I wonder if somewhere in the remain 9 episodes there will be a confession from HS that she's coming from 21st century? I've been thinking hard about the motive of the time travel. As lots of us already mentioned and explained here that HS might be sent back to 10th century as she will propel WS to fight for the throne then I'm hoping this premise will be explored more in the remaining episodes. Somehow, at some point, her existence as someone who comes from the future isn't really well explored imo.

I do wonder if the fact that HS is 21st century woman will devastate all the princes and has domino effect towards the game of throne. I think there's some HS's voiceover in the long preview that saying it would be great if they meet and love in same time or something like that (I need to re-watch again haha)

I didnt watch BBJX so I wonder how the revelation of time traveler was executed there.

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I didn't know that they had it in Korea but in Chinese historicals, there some gongfu masters that can block their own vital points internally by manipulating their own qi  to protect themselves.

But still 3 cups is still one too many and So must have had years of serious education to do such stuff. It's a creative license :D

I felt that they rushed So's recovery and they should have shown him lingering between life and death for a bit. It was too unrealistic for him to be up and about after 3 cups of poison, it makes him out to be like superman and lessens the impact of his sacrifice. I would have liked to see Soo worry about So's survival more, maybe have Baek visit her and tell her that they don't know yet if he will survive.  Instead they have Wook who couldn't care less about So tell her that he is fine in an offhand manner.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I felt that they rushed So's recovery and they should have shown him lingering between life and death for a bit. It was too unrealistic for him to be up and about after 3 cups of poison, it makes him out to be like superman and lessens the impact of his sacrifice. I would have liked to see Soo worry about So's survival more, maybe have Baek visit her and tell her that they don't know yet if he will survive.  Instead they have Wook who couldn't care less about So tell her that he is fine in an offhand manner.

thats correct but only if we would have had more episodes (like another 5). And now with only 20 episodes to wrap up everything related to Throne - WS-HS-WW i think PD team could not extend it there...

Also I'd love to see Soo worrying abt So and his after-drinking-poison health....

• Like 15

1 hour ago, freckledbelle said:

@edensor

The eng sub makes the vid perfect. The korean language is interesting. I hope i can just program my brain to learn it. Watching kdramas will be heaven if that happens. If only it's that easy. Sigh.

Spoiler

I am an avid kdrama fan and have been watching them since LJG's military service finished (thank goodness I didn't have to survive 2 years of him off screen), and I picked up enough to catch some errors in subbing.  I loved "The Tree With Deep Roots" and it sparked an interest in the language itself, so now I finally got into a Korean language class that starts next week. I am so excited :w00t: I also got the first instruction book "Hello Korea" with LJG recording the conversational part of the lessons (I get to hear his sexy voice talk to me :wub:)

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I concur with this view. When Yinzhen became emperor it wasn't that his love for Ruoxi diminished, rather the great power enabled him to protect her better than when he was a prince. But this upgraded protection hurt other people that Ruoxi cared for. So being together became unbearable. Would So be able to stand by seeing Soo hurt by her loved ones?

As his role becomes more prominent, Wang So will face this dilemma. He is going to decide one thing is more important that another. Wook already faced this question, and many are now calling him a coward, greedy and not trustworthy. Let's see how So will do in the future.

THIS!!!

WS right now don't have any power to protect HS so when he became a king he will have all the power to protect HS also have his vengeance toward people who wrong HS and him also BaekAh... having a power change people that's a fact... WS will torn between his duty as a king and his love for HS just like King Taejo and WW.. the difference is what WS will do even when hurting HS is to protect her in his eyes.. also WS character is being describe as a possessive lover so i can imagine how he will be when he have the power.. i just hope WS don't be as cold hearted as 4th in the novel.. 

i think the most obvious thing is when RX miscarriage.. even when RX admit that its no one fault (her body is just too weak) but 4th still blame 8th wife and force 8th to divorce his wife and ultimately 8th wife killed herself and of course RX blame herself and 4th for that incident... no matter what happen to RX 4th always blame other and punish them.. his love is a little bit dysfunctional if i must say but nevertheless he truly love her its just the way he love is wrong...

• Like 24

1 hour ago, churasan said:

Hmm... maybe the two princes are living as normal people in hiding where the Baekje refugees are?  Maybe Princess Woo Hee makes a deal with WS and BA... if she helps them get back into power, then they will help her and her people in exchange?  Actually... I'm not knowledgeable about Korean history, so I don't know if this is a plausible prediction.  Maybe fans that are better versed in Korean history could confirm?

As for Soo... If WY and company chase out WS and 13th prince out of the palace... I doubt WW would let her go with them.  :(  So maybe HS does something to help WS / BA escape and agrees to be a hostage (or maybe WW / WY holds her hostage to ensure WS doesn't revolt?).  Hopefully, if HS does end up getting stuck in the palace, Jung (14th prince) will look after her since he is WY's brother and not really an enemy of WW and will be allowed to stay in the palace, right?  He can protect HS if WW tries any funny business.

I think if HS remains in the palace during the WY reign, it would be just the incentive WS needs to go back to the palace and defeat WY (along with getting revenge for the CP.)  :wub:

If that was to happen to WS and BA I would really wish for HS to go with them. I know WW might not allow it or might make keep her as a hostage but I really want them them to 'kidnap' her or something but just go with WS!! In the end if that does end up happening then I just hope the writers don't drag that part out. The worst thing the writers can do is drag out WS and HS's partition... 

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

THIS!!!

WS right now don't have any power to protect HS so when he became a king he will have all the power to protect HS also have his vengeance toward people who wrong HS and him also BaekAh... having a power change people that's a fact... WS will torn between his duty as a king and his love for HS just like King Taejo and WW.. the difference is what WS will do even when hurting HS is to protect her in his eyes.. also WS character is being describe as a possessive lover so i can imagine how he will be when he have the power.. i just hope WS don't be as cold hearted as 4th in the novel.. 

i think the most obvious thing is when RX miscarriage.. even when RX admit that its no one fault (her body is just too weak) but 4th still blame 8th wife and force 8th to divorce his wife and ultimately 8th wife killed herself and of course RX blame herself and 4th for that incident... no matter what happen to RX 4th always blame other and punish them.. his love is a little bit dysfunctional if i must say but nevertheless he truly love her its just the way he love is wrong...

I really don't want to see WS become like the 4th prince from the novel if what you've described is true! Right now I absolutely love his character. The possessive and upfront attitude is what I love about him and to know that the same attitude will make him into that will make me hate him... Please don't make me hate WS! I hope the writers have a different take on WS's character.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I really don't want to see WS become like the 4th prince from the novel if what you've described is true! Right now I absolutely love his character. The possessive and upfront attitude is what I love about him and to know that the same attitude will make him into that will make me hate him... Please don't make me hate WS! I hope the writers have a different take on WS's character.

i can understand why 4th do thing that he does but everything that he does hurting RX so they both miserable... WS kinda different with 4th at this drama.. WS show a lot more emotion than 4th also WS don't seem to care about HS liking other person... and we have a fact that HS capable to talk and point out thing to WS now.. HS have a huge influence on what WS think so in a way if HS beside him i don't think he will go as  far as 4th go...

that if anything don't go bad on HS side.. i don't think WS will listen to anyone not even HS if its her life at stake..

• Like 18

3 hours ago, dears said:

I'm curious to know is there such thing as immune to poison? And they said the General taught such kind of practice to Wang So.

Yes there is it's called Mithridatism, just like certain type of infections or drugs we build immunity to it if we're exposed to it a lot, vaccines use this method by introducing small dead or alive amounts of the bacteria so the body builds immunity to it, it does work with some types of poison, Bill Haast for example developed an immunity to venomous snake bites by injecting himself with the poison. There's also the arsenic eater of Styria who built up an immunity over time by ingesting lethal doses of arsenic trioxide. 

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Sigh... I wish I don't have to think about the ending yet ... and looking forward to HS and WS's love story, But somehow the knowledge about the original version keeps bringing back that sad memory.  Not only RX's heart was broken but us too. Sigh....

This is so true. Even without the knowledge of chinese version I am already feeling anxious about the ending, but now knowing how chinese version ended doubled the fear. I always have to remind myself that it is not the ending is important but rather the journey, because focusing too much on the ending makes me unable to enjoy the flow. It is no easy feat, because in real life I am such person! 

As someone that often read the last page of the book before I continue reading the whole book, knowing the ending makes me enjoy reading more. This is called as spoiler paradox, in which spoiler makes the story better. So watching and following this drama in which I highly anticipated, engaged and obsessed every week, it makes me restless. Maybe I should have wait this drama to ends before I started watching, but too late to regret.

I love the angst, one that makes you feel like your heart is being shredded into pieces, and I know this drama will deliver this. But at the same time, I am scared, because we are only halfway the journey and yet I am already feeling exhausted, emotionally. Talking about being engrossed too much with the drama. What will happen if this drama goes to c-version route? I've been rooting for my beloved characters to have a happy ending (which I know is unlikely, but still....)

Sorry...Ended up writing an essay. In the end, what I wanted to say, you're not alone:tears:

• Like 21

I just realized that two women characters who treated Hae Soo as a daughter dies. First was Myung Hee and second was Court Lady Oh. Well Myung Hee died because she was sick while Court Lady Oh sacrificed herself for Hae Soo. I feel sad for Hae Soo because she really did considered Myung Hee and Court Lady Oh as her mothers but now they are both gone. No wonder Hae Soo was looking so down in the preview for Episode 12. I hope Wang So brings Hae Soo's smile back! I also hope that Baek Ha would help too because I really like Baek Ha and Hae Soo's friendship :) 

• Like 22

there's another chinese drama like scarlet heart version, not as good as scarlet heart and the prince 8 was the hero. but i like the ending... the hero was beam to the future and meet the heroin. the second season of that drama is not about them but they show a little bit how the hero was little bit unable to adapt with modern world( but still together with the heroin

i wish the ending was like that...happy ending

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

yeap if you see all the BTS since the beginning,watch carefully, he likes to touch IU here and there, sometimes on her shoulder, back, her hair...LOL.... but IU didn't seem to notice or care... I think he just treats her like little sister. (my poor heart :) ) 

You're not touching your sister like that :lol:

Ah to add... I think she did notice. No women in this world not notice when someone touch them, especially there are many around her. It's just a matter who is that people and how she'll react. Some care, some don't, some... pretending not to notice XD

• Like 20

Wow, thank you! You guys are answering my question that I was curious about. No wonder this topic has so many posts, because everyone is so active and responsive.

I'm also waiting for monday by watching BTS but from now on I will only watch when it has eng sub. It's confusing if I watch it raw and then eng sub, seems like I have watched it already.

• Like 16