[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Selfish in the sense, she likes feeling loved. Selfish as she wants people to feel happy but at the same time, she enjoys this feeling that she is responsible for their happiness. Do you understand why I am judging her like that? But honestly, everyone is selfish so that I am not saying, she is a bad person. Nobody is perfect but Hae Soo is trying to maintain this image of her that she is perfect because she is so good. 

Yes, I believe that she played the same game with Wang wook. She knew at some point the meaning of the poem and answered to it. She didn't want to reject Wang Wook because she also knew that he loved her. Therefore her "love" is just superficial. She never told Wang Wook, she loved him (episode 9) and she had the opportunity. She keeps acting like a saint (helping all of them, smiling, being nice and gentle) but she is not. She wants to survive and be loved.

So now imagine her horror, when she finds out that her goodness would have such a bad impact... this would tarnish the good image she had been giving to others and to herself. This would make her feel guilty and she usually avoids to feel guilty. Moreover, she is not nice, since she is keeping both princes in the dark. She wants to be aknowledged and loved. But she has not really given her heart to anyone that's why she could be so mad at her ex-boyfriend, got over it very quickly. Wang So is different because he saw her true personality, since she never cared for his good opinion, this had the opposite effect. He felt attracted to her because she was not gentle. She was honest and that's what matters to Wang So.

I think of something Lady O said which speaks to what you're saying here. She called HS arrogant for thinking that she was above the rules because of her friendship with the princes. While she genuinely loves them all and is flattered by being so valued by all of them, it is double-edged sword. She does get carried away in thinking that she can save everyone and help everyone. Rather than calling a God complex, I would call it a Messiah/Saviour complex. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be loved and wanting to be the nicest person in the room but as someone said earlier in the thread, that often doing nothing might be a better course of action. But when you make promises, grand gestures there needs to be follow through.  It's like what So said to her in the garden chat... "since you've decided to do this then stick with it". Trying to make people happy is a dangerous trade because 3/4s of the time nobody really knows what makes them happy much less someone else happy..

But at least no one can accuse of Su of being a Mary Sue, can they? She has her imperfections just like everyone in the show and ironically it's her good-doing or desire to do good that will cause most of the upheavals.  And yes, it seems more obvious with each episode that she will become the catalyst for the throne grab whether because too many men want to have babies with her or whether she blabs more than she should. There's nothing to say that it can't be both.

I want to add that my criticisms of Su in Ep. 9 have very little to do with how sorry I feel for So. I don't think you have to be particularly sympathetic to So in order to be critical of Su. There's enough blundering around in Ep. 9 by Su and on other occasions for a solid critique.

Dang it, I shouldn't have stayed up. Those pictures of Su and So... the feels... Okay, I'm going to go to bed. now.

• Like 21

@fathiayunia 

Spoiler

hola juga good decision to joining us here... won't regret it ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248, bikin nagih malah.. kalah tu sabu Lol.. banyak kok orang indo di sini, yg aku ada 2 lagi selain yg di mention.. cuma gak tau kenapa beberapa hari ini mereka jarang nongol.. 

11 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

gosh @Diana Blanche your post make my heart skip a beat... why he look so dazzling, it's like fresh water among sad and scary still above  

005C2NMYjw1f84ubk4i4dg30fa0ax4qs.gif 

• Like 22

Let's prepare ourselves guys, we're in for a really heartbreaking week. If the spoilers are correct, then I think HS will be kneeling ( begging ) in the rain to save court lady Oh, that'll be just soo sad, also look at the picture in which she's holding WS, he's holding her hand, is he trying to tell her something ? 

• Like 21

On September 22, 2016 at 2:46 PM, syeramy said:

For those who need some refreshment from the drama. This intro tease shud help. 

Hide contents

i really want monday to come soon

but somehow, i didn't want this drama to come to it end, they should make more episode :wub: i really love junki as wang so

• Like 15

As always @MoOnLoVeRz thank you for sharing the new stills of the upcoming episodes. Wow, I literally got chills seeing those pictures of our OTP, the next two episodes are going to be very intense and full of action it seems, luckily Monday is not so far away. 

I agree with your last post @40somethingahjumma, I also as much as I've thought about it even after almost a week I still think HS had an overboard reaction, I also think it has nothing to do with IU's acting, the actors act as the scripts demands them to, it's described how they will show emotions and that's how HS was written to react and the thing that hurts the most is because as you and most of us said  it's a complete  180 degree change of heart from episode 8 and all episodes until now and all that has been built was crushed, it was too abrupt and that's why it felt wrong and thus the viewers judged her more. I understand her fear, I really do, I would also be scared seeing those images but why does she think that is the absolute truth and jump to conclusions, I am very sure that they are taken out of context, it seems brutal but there must be a reason why it looks so. The only justification I have for her is that she let her fear over come any kind of logic and that's why she acted so, especially in the last minutes as you pointed out. I was okay with her being scared and somehow deciding to "change" things but to lash out at him like that was not okay and it was also not a smart move towards her plan to change things.   

The next episode will be a slap of reality of the life in Palace and in Goreyo for HS, she will see how unjust, manipulative and bad people can be just for their personal gain and therefore I assume she will come to understand WS more. 

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I think of something Lady O said which speaks to what you're saying here. She called HS arrogant for thinking that she was above the rules because of her friendship with the princes. While she genuinely loves them all and is flattered by being so valued by all of them, it is double-edged sword. She does get carried away in thinking that she can save everyone and help everyone. Rather than calling a God complex, I would call it a Messiah/Saviour complex. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be loved and wanting to be the nicest person in the room but as someone said earlier in the thread, that often doing nothing might be a better course of action. But when you make promises, grand gestures there needs to be follow through.  It's like what So said to her in the garden chat... "since you've decided to do this then stick with it". Trying to make people happy is a dangerous trade because 3/4s of the time nobody really knows what makes them happy much less someone else happy..

But at least no one can accuse of Su of being a Mary Sue, can they? She has her imperfections just like everyone in the show and ironically it's her good-doing or desire to do good that will cause most of the upheavals.  And yes, it seems more obvious with each episode that she will become the catalyst for the throne grab whether because too many men want to have babies with her or whether she blabs more than she should. There's nothing to say that it can't be both.

I want to add that my criticisms of Su in Ep. 9 have very little to do with how sorry I feel for So. I don't think you have to be particularly sympathetic to So in order to be critical of Su. There's enough blundering around in Ep. 9 by Su and on other occasions for a solid critique.

You might be right: a Saviour complex sounds good to me. Thanks for reminding me that lady Oh criticised her for her arrogance but this reinforces my idea that she thinks, she is the only one who can help others. When she discovered Mu's illness, she could have told Oh about it, how to treat it. No, she decided to help Mu herself without sharing her knowledge to Oh who also knew about the illness. She thinks, she needs to do everything herself. 

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

@fathiayunia 

Reveal hidden contents

hola juga good decision to joining us here... won't regret it ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248, bikin nagih malah.. kalah tu sabu Lol.. banyak kok orang indo di sini, yg aku ada 2 lagi selain yg di mention.. cuma gak tau kenapa beberapa hari ini mereka jarang nongol.. 

gosh @Diana Blanche your post make my heart skip a beat... why he look so dazzling, it's like fresh water among sad and scary still above  

Because after the rain the sun comes up

• Like 11

That rain scene, it's a bit like one in the C version but I am so, so very much glad that they allowed it to be a moment between Wang So and Hae Su. Looks like Hae Su finally understands the extent of political cruelty now. Fingers crossed. I really don't want 8th coming to her rescue. 

9 minutes ago, Lucel18 said:

I'm sad that in the Korean version she wasn't initially highly favoured by the king like in the Chinese version.  Her progress to becoming a mature, proper, intelligent Gorygeo lady seems slow whereas the plot progression with events occurring with her is fast when I compare it to the Chinese version.  I guess it's because Korean version has to air only 20 whereas BBJX was like 35 episodes.  

Going by length of cinema, six more would make it equal to Chinese version. 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

http://www.hk01.com/韓迷/44871/-步步驚心-麗-IU送毒酒李準基飲到噴血-第十集預告愛哭慎入

summary of ep 10/11 (in Chinese)

Basically Hae Soo was supposed to be put to death for poisoning CP. Oh Sanggong stepped in to take the blame. The rain scene was Hae Soo pleading for Oh Sanggong.

thanks a lot for website,

i don't think king will punish oh sanggong, but queen yo won't just let it slide

8th prince wook always one step late, I'm sure at episode 10 hae soo will starting like wangso

• Like 20