[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, ruzikie said:

gosh this is so cute. If IU was single in real life, i would mind to ship her with Joon Ki. Gosh, this bts is so cute and adorable. ah my precious cinnamon rolls :D 

It is not because Lee Jun Ki is my bias or that I want him for myself (ok, just kidding) but I found that it is KHN who seems to carry a torch for IU. Her interaction with LJK based on BTS seem more like brother-sister kind of thing whereas KHN always touchy-feely towards IU. That is why I find it is hard to ship LJK-IU off screen. If only IU-KHN is the main OTP, yes, I would definitely ship them.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

I've been thinking where did HS get the idea that WS/GJ will murder his brothers.  From what I've read so far, there was no mention that he did.  His political rival, yes.

It only shows that HJ were either chatting, absent or sleeping in her history subject. :D:D:D

This girl is too quick to jump into conclusion with an empty head. 

Me?  When there are things that I don’t know…. I'm probably absent or late. LOL

We know nothing about the scar as well. So it has been created by the writer. That's why I had this theory that maybe CJM by going to the future learnt the History of Goreyo and knew what would happen (but was unaware of the scar because it is something a king would erase from the record). So when he came back to his real life time line, he influenced Taejo in his decision so that the kingdom of Goreyo. But by doing so, he actually changed the History. He gave Taejo the advice to marry someone from a clan in order to consolidate his royal power and because of that, Wang So got hurt and had this huge scar. JM said that he had visions and in my opinion, this could be signals that something had changed but he overlooked it so that he thought, everything was going according to plan: Mu as the second King aso. However, he got unaware since he was back in the past, he had changed History. Since it happened in the past and JM had returned to the past, Hae Soo from the future learnt a different History about Goreyo, the one of the scary king who killed all his brothers. If Wang So had not met Hae Soo, maybe he would have started resenting his entire family and his brothers for rejecting him so that he would use his position in order to get revenge. However, Hae Soo's presence had an impact as well. Due to her, Baek Ah and So got closer and he found someone who would listen to him and care about him so that History is changing again: back to normal, while JM thinks, it would go according to plan.

• Like 21

You guys are crazy! my eyes nearly bled out reading all the back pages. How is this thread moving so fast. loved all your analysis

\^0^/  \^0^/  \^0^/  \^0^/  \^0^/  \^0^/  \^0^/ 

Though i do hope that the perception that the director favours KHN is untrue. I cannot bear another cheese in the trap. i'm invested in this show because of Wang So and Lee jun ki. Everytime he is on screen i want to hug him. So hoping is screen time increases soon. He is the best part of moon lovers

• Like 14

@KdramaSwimmer

Spoiler

I'm not..coz I don't have the channel that airs the show/shows..namely..Mahabharat,Mohabbatein(the series),Ashok(the series),Navya etc (I couldn't remember it all..while for me..I'm only interested on SRK's movies..oh and Hrithik Roshan..of course..hahaha

Oh..how frustrating when your mobile didn't want to cooperate with you..keep posting the same thing!!sorry for this...so I just added some 2cents here.

Maybe it's OOT or not.. Idk..but I just watched RM ep 314,where uri princes were the guests. There are many hints there to the drama..first...about the sun and the moon gate..its been repeatedly shown. Second,at the arrow games..the last contenders were LJG&HJH..which HJH won over LJG (WY became the king before WS?) and it specifically point on the arrow,how HJH so good with it (more hints??). Noted that KHN always lost in the games..oh,I forgot to mention this..noted that LJG is the last one who passed the first game. (KHN passed bfore him..so LJG lost from him..hint?) and once again at the final game..noted LJG was the first guest that got eliminated. I also saw how KHN hide bfore he could attack Gary (fails miserably..ofcourse..its about RM anyway). The last one standing from guests is HJH..sitting on the pillow that could make him a king (another hint?) ofcourse by now we all aready know that..maybe this has mentioned before? My apologies then..its just as a long fans of RM,I knew that when there are guests who came for promoting something,they must gave hints here & there about the promotion.

Just want to share chingus..:) once again,big thanks to @LyraYoo for the comments above..and to @MoOnLoVeRz for the pics and gifs..I love it.

What if..all of us..294 members ( expecting more to come) of MLSHR thread at Soompi made a video (like photogrid images..I don't know how to mention it) saying something like "We love SHR!!Fighting!" and upload or send it to Korean related websites or YT..or Youku..or likewise. I'm sure it could boosts spirits of everyone at the prod.team (including our beloved actors/actresses). Or is it maybe too much to ask? I don't know......

Gud nite from my side of world..fellow Eclipses..sweet scarlet dreams :)

• Like 11

Hi All!!!

Silent reader here but can't help to write something on this thread... I really fall in love with this drama. At first I was a bit skeptical after reading the reviews on the actor/actress bad acting but I am happy that I decided to watch it and now,  I'm hooked!!! Thanks to LJK (He's the main reason why I decided to watch this drama despite of the bad acting rumors). I don't get why Knetz hate IU's acting so much! She acted very well so far and I really like her. Besides she's really pretty too! Right now, I am watching other dramas too and this drama is on the top of my list. I always hate Mondays but now... Monday!!! please come fast!!!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

Please don't get angry on me, I don't want to upset those optimistic but I think Wang So, as a king, (and maybe sooner) will show his soft spot only towards Hae Soo. And even so he will become possessive and obsessed with her. For many others he will be a king of Hell. Tough times demand a harsh king. Otherwise a nation can not survive. If this is an adaptation after C-version they can't deviate too much from the original story. (A very sad one). They also can't deviate too much from history. I don't expect to see much happiness and sweet moments from now on. I think that times of tranquility for Hae Soo have passed. She will have to start her own fight to tame the volcanic temper of Wang So. It's time to reveal the need for the emergence of Ha-jin in those days.

I wonder if Wang So would have killed CP if his mother and Wang Yo would have said they'll support him to become king. Something makes me think yes. And I think if those two would not have kept their words... he would have kill them too... very possible. (Well maybe not his mother). I wish I'm wrong in my statement and everything will go much smoother but I have to prepare my soul for what is worse. In any way I will love this drama no matter in what direction it will take.

Sorry to jump from one idea to another but... In nine episodes they have described a year of the reign of King Taejo. As I understand, the story must cover another nine years in just 11 episodes, and I think the action it will develop very fast. I wonder how they can achieve that and I hope everything's gonna be okay.

Given by what we have seen of Wang So's character so far, I don't think he would have killed the crown prince even if Queen SMS and Wang Yo had appeared to be supportive. In episode 2, we see that So willingly traded places with the crown prince (even though it's mainly for the purposes of wanting to stay in the palace). And then in episode 4, we see So pledging to support the crown prince. In episode 7, we see that the crown prince was one of the few who refused to partake in So's humiliation when he unmasked himself. It is unlikely that So would abruptly decide to assassinate the crown prince despite all of this just for his mother and Yo's approval, something he is steadily learning he may never get unconditionally. We're also seeing that he's starting to realize and accept that, a far cry from the emotional So who destroyed the prayer stones when he failed to earn her approval despite killing all the monks to ensure the first attempted assassination wouldn't be traced to her. 

In addition, So doesn't have any plans or the desire at this point to be King. Despite having his first taste of power during the rain ceremony, what he was really happy about was to get to call the King "father" for the first time, and hearing the King speak to him like a father would. Acceptance, family and love seems to be the things that he desperately craves at this point, and given what he's realized about his mother and Yo, it doesn't make sense for him to want to throw everything else away for their support and approval, even if a part of him still craves it. 

• Like 12

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

Thanks for allowing another layer to my analysis to the ratings woe of the drama. I think the problem is the questionable marketing that led to confusion of the target demographic.

Husband & I love Cruel City and Signal... and he wouldn't touch (I won't either, if not for LJG) something that is called "Moon Lovers" with a 10-feet pole. Not to mention, the eye-candy cast... not just the younger princes but IU as the lead (Not saying she's bad or anything -- that's besides the point -- but it gave a wrong signal as to what their target audience is). The casting choices + most of the promotion of the drama + the glitzy tone of the production seemed to have been directed at the viewers, that are 1) younger  2) expecting less grit  3) expecting more romance than political intrigue/time-travel conundrum of cause-vs-effect. (Yes, the 6-min preview was bloody, but too "artfully" bloody.)

The problem comes from expectation management, I guess. They seemed to have pulled the wrong demo for audience... and then, proceeds to disappoint said audience. :(

As you can see, most of the complaints I was addressing were from the fans of this drama itself. As you said, many fans are disappointed by episode 9, but in effect, it is arguably vital in HS's character development. The thing is... many fans feel things just got better for WS in episode 8, and want to feel a sense of relief, and then disaster strikes again. But with how much plot the writer is having to cram in each episode, there was simply no time for them to give a break to the OTP. 

How exactly does this work in Korea?? Do you have any idea?? I was wondering for a while. I know in the USA, the better the rating for 18-49 demo, the better the chances are for the show to survive even with less than expected ratings. Is it the same for Korean ratings.

I know they have CPI index or are those two independent forms of performance evaluation?? 

As for Hae Su, I am one of those who felt disappointment of epic proportions here with episode 9. I still can't believe she said exactly what Wang So's mother keeps saying to him on his face for no reason. I just can't get past those few lines. If he had actually done those horrible things, I could perhaps forgive Hae Su and even agree with her for those cruel words but I still have hard time letting that go on Wang So's behalf. I feel enraged at Hae-Su on Wang So's behalf would be better words to describe my feelings. Words can do just as much damage as a knife or a sword. I really hope things do turn around for the show. I know angst awaits but can't the guy Wang So, just breathe for a while.

• Like 12

@bebebisous33 that's a good theory especially when Ji Mong mentioned that traveling back to the past or dying had happened to him multiple times which makes me wonder why? and did he always go back to the same period? if that's so then maybe he changed history & he keeps going back to fix it but each time he fails even with his knowledge of history, while Hae Soo's cluelessness could be the reason to finally fix the history Ji Mong changed 

• Like 9

I couldn't decide who to ship, HS + 8th prince or HS + 4th prince, but now I'm almost certain that I've come to a decision which is HS + 4th prince. I like aggressive males more & after that forced kiss, I'm think I'm pretty much sold... I think.  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

We know nothing about the scar as well. So it has been created by the writer. That's why I had this theory that maybe CJM by going to the future learnt the History of Goreyo and knew what would happen (but was unaware of the scar because it is something a king would erase from the record). So when he came back to his real life time line, he influenced Taejo in his decision so that the kingdom of Goreyo. But by doing so, he actually changed the History. He gave Taejo the advice to marry someone from a clan in order to consolidate his royal power and because of that, Wang So got hurt and had this huge scar. JM said that he had visions and in my opinion, this could be signals that something had changed but he overlooked it so that he thought, everything was going according to plan: Mu as the second King aso. However, he got unaware since he was back in the past, he had changed History. Since it happened in the past and JM had returned to the past, Hae Soo from the future learnt a different History about Goreyo, the one of the scary king who killed all his brothers. If Wang So had not met Hae Soo, maybe he would have started resenting his entire family and his brothers for rejecting him so that he would use his position in order to get revenge. However, Hae Soo's presence had an impact as well. Due to her, Baek Ah and So got closer and he found someone who would listen to him and care about him so that History is changing again: back to normal, while JM thinks, it would go according to plan.

Your theory about JM could be right but still I have this strange feeling about him. 

He was there during first episode looking at the eclipse, then when HS came to Goryeo era he is there as an astronomer.  I wonder if he indeed have gift of foresight that he had vision about the future like the airplane, elevator & escalator.  He is still mysterious to me that I can't explain. 

I don't think WS's brothers hate him except for Yo.  They are curious and a little scared but they have no intention to shun him either.  Even without HS yet he was determined to live with his family & siblings at all cost.  That's why he slaughtered the horse. This is also why he informed his mother when they ate together that he was not manipulated by the King but he crawled to get into the seat he is seated now.  At first he was just looking or observing his brothers but later on he enjoys watching them making fun of each other during rehearsal.  I noticed when he rescued HS from YH, Baek Ah was with him. He may always be alone but he is also trying to mingle with them but probably never confides to any of them yet.  

Meeting HS who is very outspoken.... who speaks her mind freely, he learned how to open up.  HS aside from being stubborn and blunt, she's very opinionated also and that probably surprised WS.  Imagine... he told her that he killed people but her response was: Why did you do it?  Did you do it for fun?  When he kept threatening to kill her, she asked:  Is it a crime to want to live?  HS always talk back to everything he said, either in fear or anger.  She's quite a trouble maker but her ability to speak her mind freely regardless of the consequence taught him to be vocal about himself little by little.  It was HS who helped him to come out of his cave. 

• Like 18

16 hours ago, cmoirae2 said:

understood chingu but i can't tell whether it's good or bad editing (too technical for me) but i must say i like what i see ... aesthetically, MLSHR looks good ... cinematography, set design, costumes, music is okay too ... blocking with picturesque backdrop (using nature and beautiful landscape) to complement actors is another plus ... and we should also give credit to the high quality film they used ... i am enjoying crisp and vivid colors as i watch the drama ... and absolutely having a bunch of good looking actors gives us much eye candy ... 

I agree.. but if you look at just the story line... there are some holes here and there and if it were not for this forum as a viewer we have to fill in A LOT of blanks!

• Like 11

Spoiler

@dhia205 thats ok if you could not watch any of those shows and belive me you havent missed anything grt either so enjoy kdramaland as much as you can.

@junee22 wowww you know so any of indian shows even if you havent watched... now i can understand these might be pretty faous shows there..

12 hours ago, zi4r said:

And by the way, that force-kiss is not a screw-up by the writer. For one, it is very in-character for WS in this very moment. But most importantly, it's necessary for HS to wake up to the reality. In this world, if he really wants her body, he can take it. Now, he's favoured by the king; she's just a court-lady. He owns her. If he took advantage of her, he wouldn't be the one to be punished. The stolen kiss is an indicator of the vast difference in their station and the vast distance their love is supposed to go through. Despite all the advantage he has, he would choose to woo her... and that would be the symbol of love. Giving up control and putting yourself in the mercy of the one you love.....

First of all I give your post 1000likes and a bow for voicing out ur opinion in such a fantastic way that it includes each and every tiny thought that ever came to my mind but I dint know how to write it and had to ignore it. so gazillion rounds of applause for you..

Second...I first was busy with reading other posts and marked this one (cause it was long) for later reading and now when I read I regret why i dint read it before.. even if its long I read in just few breaths.. and its worth... its worth spending all time to read and to understand what you wrote and with so much detailed.

Third... agree with each and every single line you have put there... I could read ur post and could get to know the reality of each and every word of urs...Reason all you said made me believe in MLSHR as one Marvelous show and its not just a fluke for all people around the world going gaga over it. It does have all content to be a winner worldwide. And how clearly and distinctively you put the pointers to give as many proofs as you could that SHR will emerge as Phoenix of the shortcomings (yes i agree with last point too) it has.

And finally the quoted part above...
As I already mentioned i agreed with your points and same is here. But what I loved was how nicely you gave support to one broken, shattered, lonely soul yet loving WS. who could have done whatever he could, much more than that kiss(i already changed my opinion abt forced kiss after watching epi 9) but still he tried all his best to make her realize he is not the monster she is thinking, at least she should not be the one reacting same as his mom did. he is working hard to make her heart his cause he just dont want her to be physically be with him with a heart not longing for his love. And that kiss was just his way (at that moment) to make her feel what he was thinking about her, he wanted her to be with him (he did visit her quarter but could not call her out), to make him forget what his mom said when he failed he had no other option but to be the Powerful WS to bring her to her senses by kissing her.

Again thanks a lot for posting such wonderful posts...

• Like 20

Wow.. I've only been gone a day and already have to catch up 13 pages! 

So is there something new to discuss and fill my weekend? Hehehe

@KdramaSwimmer congratulation on your MV.. Yeaaayyy!! *throw confetti* It's very good. I hope you make more... I can't edit a video even if my life depends on it hahaha...

My fellow Indonesian, please enlighted me..

Spoiler

Ada ribut2 ya? Kenapa sih? Ketinggalan nih.. Hiks.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

@KdramaSwimmer congratulation on your MV.. Yeaaayyy!! *throw confetti* It's very good. I hope you make more... I can't edit a video even if my life depends on it hahaha...

hehe...thank you so very much dear...i'll surely try to make ore if only people here can suggest good songs (i am not much in english songs so its difficult for me find one apt one...and already started listening Still falling for you by same singer...hope i can come up with somethign beter)

Edit: woww dint realize i have posted 1000 posts on soompi so far....*happy dancing*

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

hehe...thank you so very much dear...i'll surely try to make ore if only people here can suggest good songs (i am not much in english songs so its difficult for me find one apt one...and already started listening Still falling for you by same singer...hope i can come up with somethign beter)

Edit: woww dint realize i have posted 1000 posts on soompi so far....*happy dancing*

You can try Gravity by Sara B. It fits perfectly with SoSoo couple. The lyric goes by like this:

Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long
No matter what I say or do, I still feel you here 'till the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

CHORUS
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

You loved me 'cause I'm fragile.
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone.

CHORUS
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

I live here on my knees as I
Try to make you see that you're
Everything I think I need here on the ground.
But you're neither friend nor foe though I
Can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down
You're keeping me down, yeah, yeah, yeah
You're onto me, onto me and all over

Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long

• Like 7